Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Is Zero canon to the FSN rutes..?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What lies?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What lies?
    Shirou notes in the narration that Saber said stuff that didn't match up with what Illya tells him.

Stuff like about Iri for example.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Did Saber lie, or was she just wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Did Saber lie, or was she just wrong?
    Wasn't it Saber that told Shirou that Kiritsugu went alone or something?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In HA ilya explains that while Kiritsugu took Iri to Fuyuki, Iri is within Ilya too same with the other justeaze clones. In that respect he left his wife with his daughter in Germany.
    Its some weird mental gymnastics.
    Well the anime ironically covered some of that with that Black Iri haunting Ilya as a child.
    Does that then mean that since she is the lesser Grail, she got auto contaminated with AM?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Well the anime ironically covered some of that with that Black Iri haunting Ilya as a child.
    Does that then mean that since she is the lesser Grail, she got auto contaminated with AM?
    I don't think so. The Einzbern Lesser Grails seem to have a filter to stop contamination or something. It's why Zouken planned to use his hackjob bootleg grail instead.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I don't think so. The Einzbern Lesser Grails seem to have a filter to stop contamination or something. It's why Zouken planned to use his hackjob bootleg grail instead.
    What was his plan with having his bootleg lesser grail contaminated again? Is it he thought he could control AM through Sakura?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What was his plan with having his bootleg lesser grail contaminated again? Is it he thought he could control AM through Sakura?
    I can't remember exactly. I think it was something like:

1) Birth AM.
    2) Use Sakura's Status as it's Master to control it.
    3) Jump into Angra's Immortal Body.
    4) ???
    5) Profit.

I can't remember exactly. I think it was something like:

1) Birth AM.
    2) Use Sakura's Status as it's Master to control it.
    3) Jump into Angra's Immortal Body.
    4) ???
    5) Profit.
    Considering it was a lump of pure curses, could Zouken have even controlled it, being uh enfleshed himself?

Blog Entries
    I thought he used some of the funky Grail bits collected after the Fourth War in order to give Sakura that insane level of anti-Servant juju. When Archer goes down, the text mentions that the Shadow is perfectly suited to chewing through Servants, so much so that it mortally wounds Archer with a blow to the torso that Servants would normally be able to walk off.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's the lesser Grail, she has authority. She also has powers that are naturally tuned toward the supernatural.
    It's not AM that's particularly the main factor, it's the fact that it got her powers and that she got Grail authority.

@forumghost - I don't know if Einzberns are filtered against it. The main reason Sakura is even tainted is precisely because Iri's vessel got contaminated ad the shards put in her body, making a link to the main curse. What you're thinking is that Zouken didn't give her the same safeguards that Iri and Ilya are supposed to have, he just made her for the express purpose of breaking down to fit his purpose, says it himself before the Rider summoning where he was trying to troll Sakura to fight.

Looking back at this, Rin never seems to be in any contact with her maternal relatives. I guess it's because they're normals right?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Probably too awkward, what with Aoi ending up brain-dead and her hubby biting it

- - - Updated - - -

Also the mysterious disappearance of their granddaughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Probably too awkward, what with Aoi ending up brain-dead and her hubby biting it

- - - Updated - - -

Also the mysterious disappearance of their granddaughter.
    IIRC the Zenjou were not still in contact with the Magic World despite having used to have been magi, right?

And by "mysterious disappearance" you mean Sakura? Aoi wouldn't have told about her being adopted out?

Its super easy to explain away retcons and slight inconsistencies in characterization across different works and authors with "eh, multiverse".

But yeah...in general Zero 99% is supposed to represent the battle of 10 years ago regarding the 5th war, and that's why it as a prequel work is set up to branch off to many different outcomes including the 3 routes of FSN.

What's more annoying is why this isnt seen as obvious. Even in Japan there is constant discussion as to the meaning behind the slight inconsistencies between works, and i dont really get why. Its super obvious.

But i guess unlike Starwars where you could just blame George Lucas(or disney now i guess), its a bit more complicated

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Considering it was a lump of pure curses, could Zouken have even controlled it, being uh enfleshed himself?
    At that point in his plan he'd have unlimited magical energy.
    Although I don't know what he was going to do with the taint that would taint him as he draws in that magical energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Its super easy to explain away retcons and slight inconsistencies in characterization across different works and authors with "eh, multiverse".

But yeah...in general Zero 99% is supposed to represent the battle of 10 years ago regarding the 5th war, and that's why it as a prequel work is set up to branch off to many different outcomes including the 3 routes of FSN.

What's more annoying is why this isnt seen as obvious. Even in Japan there is constant discussion as to the meaning behind the slight inconsistencies between works, and i dont really get why. Its super obvious.

But i guess unlike Starwars where you could just blame George Lucas(or disney now i guess), its a bit more complicated
    It could be characterization issues that don't match up with Stay Night I imagine? For example, it's difficult for me to picture Tokiomi being this prankster who had a decade long prank test for Rin, like with her clocks:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    At that point in his plan he'd have unlimited magical energy.
    Although I don't know what he was going to do with the taint that would taint him as he draws in that magical energy.
    What would the taint have done to Zouken?

I mean does he just melt to death or something due to it?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Actually, I could easily picture Zero Tokiomi being a lowkey prankster. He did summon Gil-kun the Pranker. Also, I thought the Zenjou were still in contact with the magic world too, considering they were considered prime superwaifu candidates. Maybe they had links to the native Japanese org as well as to the Association-affiliated mages? Finally, if Rin's grandparents were still alive after FSN, that would be an awkward thing to explain.

"Hey Shirou, did I ever tell you I still have living grandparents I haven't seen in several years?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Actually, I could easily picture Zero Tokiomi being a lowkey prankster. He did summon Gil-kun the Pranker. Also, I thought the Zenjou were still in contact with the magic world too, considering they were considered prime superwaifu candidates. Maybe they had links to the native Japanese org as well as to the Association-affiliated mages? Finally, if Rin's grandparents were still alive after FSN, that would be an awkward thing to explain.

"Hey Shirou, did I ever tell you I still have living grandparents I haven't seen in several years?"
    No the Zenjou don't seem to have connections anymore:
    Quote Originally Posted by FZ Mats
    Though the Zenjou family had a magus ancestor many generations ago, now they are simple commoners with no connection to the magical world at all. Nevertheless, the blood flowing through their veins contains a very unique trait, which was noticed and pursued by Tohsaka Tokiomi. As a result of accepting this courtship, Aoi gave birth to two sisters with absolutely preposterous magical potential.
    As for any living relatives, now that I think on it, Rin probably was too young to really visit them, if she had any, considering she was only 7 at the time when made an orphan. Granted that was then, and at this point she's going to be in her 3rd year of high school/going to the Clock Tower so who knows.

Blog Entries
    Well the big giant AM was enfleshing itself with the third magic so no problem there