Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

1. It's unacceptable for Magellan's bond to stay at zero. è_é

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    You can choose multiple choices.

US Friend Code
    [1] Dockyard & [3] Salvatory
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    [1] Dockyard & [3] Salvatory
    Same here.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​1 & 3
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    1 & 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1, 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You can choose multiple choices.
    Me dumb-dumb. 1. and 5. then.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Day: Morning
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent

I decided to hang out with both Magellan and Assassin, which coincidentally the place they currently located are next to each other. I get that Magellan wanted to see the condition of her ships after suffering many damages from yesterday battle, but I don't see Assassin has anything to do with a place dedicated to salvages things.

And it is true, I don't see Assassin in the Salvatory. There are only Magellan's lackeys salvaging some steels from the ocean using heavy lifting sheerlegs and gantries, a typical sight you will see at harbors and other industrial areas.

However, they look like in some sort of trouble as they stopped working and gather around the sheerlegs arguing something. It seems the item they tried to salvage is too heavy for the machine to lift. Since I am in a good mood, I decided to help them lift it using my magnetism. Surprisingly, they salvaged a rocket booster for an old space shuttle disposed of here. They say they can recycle the steel, while they can try to reverse engineering the rocket booster in the hope they can install it to the ship.

I continue my search for Assassin, which I spot her curiously hiding her presence standing on one of the warehouses' roof observing the Dockyard. I don't know how this work, but is it because I'm her Master so that's why I can spot her? Or maybe, she is just that clumsy she forgot to hide her presence fully?

Whatever it is, why observe the Dockyard from afar though? Is there something she wants to observe, but she doesn't want other people to know? I'm confused at first, then I see Magellan inspecting her ships, which the event yesterday suddenly flashes in my mind.

"Oho, what do we have here?" I quietly climbed the roof, then tease her from the back.

"H-Huh?! Uh, ah... there is nothing in particular! Y-Yes, nothing important!" She quickly panicked and stutters searching for things to say to defend herself from a nonexisting threat.

Ah... she is so cute when not being a piece of shit.

Hehehe... this gonna be fun.

"Are you stalking Magellan?"

"S-Stalk!!!??? No, nooo, of course not! Why you being stupid?!"

"Yeah, there is no way. Since she is pretty lame right? She is also totally a weeb!"

"Don't insult Sir Magellan, idiot!!!"

"Hey, your bias is showing."

Yesterday she criticized Magellan for using honorifics like a total weeb, now she can't stand Sir Magellan being slightly made fun of.

"E-Eh?! W-Wha, wha, what, wha--!!! No, I'm not biased!"

"Proof it, badmouths her."

"S-Ssirr Magellaaan is a-!"

"Don't use Sir."

"M-Magellan is a weee----- AAAAARGHHHHHH!!!"

SO CUTE!

What with this senior crush? Why this rude girl is so pure? This is so shoujo manga, I just can't! Ahhh... I need being careful teasing her so I can see these cute reactions even further!

"Heeey, just be honest to this big sis here. There is no need to worry, I will not tell her or anyone about this. We are Master and Servant, not to mention you are the first Servant I have. Listen: just. trust. me. alright?"

"Rreaallly???"

"Yeah, really."

"I don't know... there is a strange feeling inside whenever I see her now..."

She didn't realize it?! What the fuck, this is just, oh, OHHHHHHH!!! ASKNDibsdibhakbdaukQBHGAvxyctqczwYQKULe5taRl.eXEcRRasH--------------------!!!

Calm down, calm down, Lestari Elliwyn! Set the pace, take your step slowly and proceed carefully!

"I think, you like her."

"LI--LIKE HER?!"

"You like her, not romantically. Probably, but most likely yes."

"R-Romantically?! I just like her not romantically, yyyeah, that, that must be it! I mean, we are both girls, right! Of course, there is nothing wrong with that- no, no, no, what am I trying to say?!"

"It's perfectly normal for girls to admire more amazing girl."

It is easier to deny something very embarrassing by admitting the less embarrassing one. This is a scientific finding using numerous reliable sample data. (Lestari Elliwyn, Clock Tower, 2016)

"Yyyeaahhh, she is cool! N-Nothing more than that!"

Easy, this is too easy!!!

Now, she openly admits she likes Magellan. This girl is totally falling for her, and that just happens because Magellan tried to rescue her. Assassin, I think your story will make a good Disney cartoon.

Ahhhhh...! too much, I might suddenly die from this...

Oh right...! I want to ask about her past and her true name. But after learning about her Noble Phantasm yesterday, I don't think it will be a nice talk. And I don't want to ruin this positive atmosphere she currently has, she should have her fun time.

Maybe another time.

After messing- I mean helping Assassin out of her confusion, I decided to visit the source of it. It's hard to convince Assassin that I'm not gonna say anything about her situation to Magellan though, but to be honest, I'm curious what will happen if I told her that.

The Dockyard is not weird in itself, but if you think that this is a dockyard used to dock ship to even bigger ship, it starts to sounds weirder than it actually is...

Magellan currently inspects her hundreds of small boats in worry. For whatever reason, there is only one 'big ship' while the others remain in its small form. I learned Armada de Molucca have an ability similar to Battle Continuation Skill, which manifested as the ships able to divide themselves into smaller boats.

"This is not great." Mutters Magellan.

"What is?" I curiously ask.

"The damage done to them by the junks is too great for them to dock again."

"You can't just ask your lackeys to repair it? They seem really capable of building things."

"We can't simply repair a broken Noble Phantasm. It would be different if there are other Servants with carpentry or engineering knowledge, but as right now, we don't have one."

"I see, what about that one?" I point my finger to the sole ship remains intact in its normal form. "It's the only repairable one, it seems."

"Ah, Victoria? She is special even among my ships."

Magellan starts to gently stroke the ship's hull, she then looks at it with a proud smile, but quickly averts her eye in regret.

"She is the second smallest, but also the sturdiest. In term of persistence, she is like the objectification of me to a ship more than my flagship- Trinidad. Wait, never did I thought there is a shipfication of a historical person, shouldn't it usually be the reverse?"

What? What is she talking about? Shipification??? Well, whatever random thing she referenced about is, it seems this one ship has the highest defense out of all the others.

"This means your firepower is reduced by three-quarter."

"Yeah, though to begin with, my ships aren't exactly the damaging type. But the issue is, I can safely use only Victoria for battle, while the others can only be used in an emergency situation in this state. And judging by how small they were, they will be sunk once reaching a destination if they take another damage."

That sounds pretty bad.

"Well, whatever! We will do just fine, maybe! Anyway, it almost time, let's go to the Control Room!"

I still feel don't really know anything about her that much. Maybe I can ask another question while we walk?

Wise up!

Assassin's Bond: 3/5

Magellan's Bond: 1/5

Choice!
    Ask two while we walk to Control Room:

[1] Why do you help me?
    [2] Why are you such a weeb?
    [3] How do you know I'm in Fuyuki?
    [4] What is your goal?
    [5] What do you think about Assassin?
    [6] Actually! Assassin is...!!!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    5, engaging wingman mode.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    you can ask two.

1. and 4. Trying to bully/help/wingman Assassin would be funny as hell, but knowing what Magellan want out of this mess is more useful at the moment.

US Friend Code
    [1] & [2]

So, why are you: Fernão de Magalhães, such a massive weeb
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1, 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    you can ask two.
    Alright 1&5, get information and helping Assassin at the same time.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    1 & 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1 & 5

At this point, we might as well be Assassin's Embarrassing Mom/Big Sis
    Last edited by SleepMode; February 19th, 2019 at 01:05 AM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    2 & 4

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Daytime: Day
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent

We are on our way to the Control Room using a golf cart, while enjoying the cold breeze of sea winds. It is quite the first class experience, as the one that drives it is no other than Magellan, a Rider class Servant. The way she handles the steer, how she keeps accelerating in high speed while there is little to no shock, almost like she is fused with the cart itself. When one thinks about Servants, the first thing come to mind is their sheer superhuman abilities that exceed even the most talented Magus, but their power can be applied in a mundane thing like this too.

And that makes me think, the most important part why we are together, why did she help me? I honestly don't see the reason why she wants to betray her Faction, she is making her former allies into her enemy and giving up on the benefits of being a Servant of a Faction. Her chance to attain the Holy Grail becomes smaller, her access to Reservoirs become limited, and they will manhunts her sooner or later.

"Magellan, I really appreciate your help and no longer suspect you. But is there a reason for you to help me voluntarily like this?"

Not to mention, she has been designing this base for two years and a half, that's mean she is already planning to help me that long. And we never met in person, so we don't have any emotional connection with each other before.

"Let's see... A Servant will normally proclaim cooly like 'I, Ferdinand Magellan, have a dream' in a very manly pose and we suddenly fall in timeless love. It is much more simple than that."

Ignore that, see the essence, Lestari Elliwyn.

"You could say that I grow bored from this whole Factional war. I mean, the prospect of Heroic Spirits warring each other sounds epic, but turn out it just the same nation A hates nation B's guts and have this dream X clashing with dream Y, you don't really need Heroic Spirits to do that. That's why I'm quit and decided to search for something much more fun."

"Helping me is fun?"

"Having friends is fun."

"That's simple?"

"Well, do you have a good time from having friends? For me, it is much happier than achieving one grand dream. I mean, the journey should be fun too, not just the goal."

"Yeah, yeah! I do enjoy my time meeting with you guys!"

"Same here!"

If I look back, how different my life is now compared to the past few days. I'm still struggling with my life, but now, I have someone else to share my pain. I may gain what I aim to do, and I might really be happy when done so, but that just a momentary happiness.

Compared to the constant annoyance from Assassin.

Hearing out words of wisdom from Kenshin.

Executing reckless plans from Magellan.

These little fun times but countless, filling my gray everyday life with a little drop of color, constantly feeling the warmth of others in the middle of freezing wind. Perhaps, this is the true treasure.

"Talking about friends, what do you think about Assassin?"

I know you are too pure to express what you feel to her, Assassin my dear. But with the right directions, everything can progress much more than you can ever imagine. Let your Master handle this!

"Ass-chan? She is cool."

OH? What's this? Is the senior also interested in the junior? Mmm?

"She is an Assassin but can fight head on like a Saber. A warrior that can be counted on for both conventional combat and subversive action, usually they are pretty exclusive."

Yes, yes. She is cool because she is strong. I get it, I get it! Wait...

This kind of praise is something I expected from Kenshin! Assassin definitely will be happy if her combat skill being praised, but this is not the route that I want to see! You should be much more- you know, sailing ships!

"No, I mean about her as a person, is there something that catches your eye?"

"Hmm... She can be senseful if not very rude, but she also screws things up if I remember what happened with the junks." For the record, it is not a one man screw up.

"I don't know much more, we just met yesterday. I hope we can get along well as fellow Servants, at the very least."

I don't know much more, we just met yesterday...

I don't know much more, we just met yesterday? What the fuck?

"Magellan... Can you please stay in character and act like what I thought you will act?"

"Eh? Lestari-chan, why you speak like I shouldn't be taken seriously?!"

She is much more harder than I thought.

Wise up!

Magellan's Bond: 2/5

We arrive at the rendezvous place, Control Room. The actual place lives on to its name, as it gives both tactical and urgent vibes from it. Computers lined next to each other and in the middle, there is a giant screen showing analysis of the war.

With such a cool mission control, I can't help but feel excited.

"We are only five, so gathering all of us didn't take time."

Assassins and I sat next to each other, waiting patiently for the discussion to start. Magellan swivels her chair around, while Kenshin ready to explain in the front. I don't see Tsuru anywhere, but then, I see she is seated in her sword form hanging on Kenshin's hips.

"You are not gonna be in your human form?" I ask curiously.

"It feels right in sword mode during a serious discussion," Tsuru answers as she didn't have an actual reason to be a sword. I guess, it is an old habit back when they were still alive?

There is a reason why Kenshin the one that took the lead of this discussion. Kenshin is the most well versed and familiar with military tactics among us, if the skill she had isn't obvious already. Both Magellan and Assassin too are commanders in their own right, but they are only specialized in their own field, unlike Kenshin who understood warfare in general.

"I believe we can start now?" Confirm Kenshin.

We give her a nod, then Kenshin simply begins to talk as if it is natural for her.

"Just like we agreed on, our goal as a group is to unite the world. But even to get a slight chance for us to achieve that, we must understand our standing in the war and its current state. Everyone still follows, yes?"

Another nod.

"As our standing in the war, we are the weakest and smallest group. Our resource is laughable, we don't even have anyone combat ready other than us four. The total populace of this ship is only around a hundred, even if we combine with Magellan's pirates tasked to gather info around the world, we only reach around three hundred. Talking about warring and tactic is pointless with this number."

To even have a chance to fight the other Faction heads on, we probably need to multiply it by fifty. Not to mention we need weapons, which need a lot of money to spare. Then there are rations and other things to consider.

"But we have one weapon that makes all of those pointless. The key for us uniting the world, is no other than Magellan."

She points her finger to Magellan, who currently playfully swiveling on her chair. Which then stopped doing so as she startled in confusion.

"You heard the man... Wait, eh, me?!"

"Your hyperwarping ability is off the chart in importance. I say even more so than a Master."

"Why though? It just simply allows you to enter other's territory freely, isn't like we can defeat our enemies just by warping. You are clearly the strongest of us." Magellan continues to question what so great about her ability in comparison to Kenshin's sheer destructiveness.

"No, Sir Magellan. Your ability makes us no need to conquer and secure strategic territories. The reason why shinobi feared is our ability to sneak on the enemy's camp and lower their combat potential; if severe enough we can drive them to corner without fighting. That also applies to your warping but even on a bigger scale!"

Assassin gives her valuable opinion about Magellan as a master spy and her admirer. But it seems Magellan didn't really catch on her changes of behavior.

"It is as she said. Normally, to reach the enemy's capital or base, you need to wear down their defense and capture their territory to advance; that will takes years or even your entire lifetime. But we can skip all of those and go straight to their heart, perhaps even ends this war in a year. We don't need to deal with the Faction's massive army, at least, we only need to deal with the army stationed on our current locations."

That's right, Magellan's warping ignores even the strongest shield. We don't need to deal with military garrisons and such. She already proved how potent her ability is by running away from Nobunaga and Upper Belts, which possess the ultimate Noble Phantasm and the strongest army respectively. Normally, a group of three Servants and a Magus shouldn't even imagine doing so.

"I see..." Magellan weakly accepts her role. She doesn't use her made up hand signs and I can read everything in her face like an open book that she thought this is a total pain in the ass.

After explaining that, Kenshin continue the discussion.

"The next important piece is obviously, Lestari - the Master. I believe I don't need to explain the obvious merits of having contracted with a Master."

The merits of contracting to a Master. A Servant usually dependant on their Mana Reservoir to charge their magical energy, but having a Master will allow them to strikes almost infinitely and use their tasking ability much often. There is also my ability from Dream Shroud to see their exact status almost immediately and experience their past via a dream, but they probably didn't know the last one. There is also the fact that they reached a consensus that their wish can only be granted from a Master.

"Master, you said that you dreamed about me, Oichi and Nobunaga; didn't you?"

"Yes, but it seems the power grows weaker as I didn't immediately dream about Assassin and Tsarina, or perhaps the Bond required is varied person to person." I explain to her what's up.

"Bond?" Everyone asked.

I activate my phone and channel a little energy to it. Then, the Servant status screen appears with all of the important details, including the numerical value of their Bond.

"It seems that I have an innate ability to see my bond with other people represented as a numerical value. And I dreamed about the three of you New Japan Servants when our Bond reaches number 1, but I didn't dream about the two despite that."

"Let me see, let me see! Whoa, being this explicit about our friendships feels very embarrassing..." After looking at the screen directly, Magellan's face turned slightly red.

"M-MASTER! Is there, is there others explicit Bond thingy beside the relationships between Servant and Master?!" Assassin shouts as she wraps her yellow scarf all of her face like a mummy, very flustered.

"Huh, why Ass-chan so flustered about?" Magellan curiously asks.

"No, it's nothing important!!!" Assassin quickly denies it and turn her head away.

At first, I didn't catch it, but then, I remember about her circumstance which then I let loose my cat smile.

"Don't worry about it; it only shows the relationships with me. Your SECRET is safe, ASS-CHAN."

"----!!!!"

Assassin then hides below the chair as she can't take my tease anymore. Damn, I enjoyed myself a lot being evil. I can't help but smile too at Magellan, which didn't get what actually happening, stop acting like a dense protagonist, Ms. Popular. "...?"

However, when we play like a bunch of children, Kenshin is yet in another deep thought. "Bond huh... In past grail war, compatibility also has an effect on Servant's performance. Master, can you check again everyone status and see there is a change?"

"Sure."

I opened everyone status screen one by one. At first, I didn't notice anything weird, but then I see Assassin's screen.

Wise Up!
    Assassin's Status Screen:
    NP: C ---> B

"Noble Phantasm Status's rank B? It increased?!"

Usually, she only has it in C Rank.

"As I expected. Master, under Bond 3, which a Servant opens their heart enough to you, it seems that your compatibility with each other also increases. In this case, she may able to handle her Noble Phantasm more effectively."

I see! That's mean, if I increase both Magellan and Kenshin's to Bond 3, they will also get even stronger too. Who knows how strong they will be if I max their Bond?

"As for the dream, we can confirm it by deliberately increasing our Bond. Now, the conclusion of this topic. If either Magellan and Lestari die, it's all game over for our grand quest to unite the world. Me and Assassin, and other Servants yet to join us, all of them are expendable. Until the last of us down, we need to prioritize their life no matter what."

When she stated that, I feel very heavy pressure.

Kenshin and Assassin eyes show brimming determination, they will jump to my aid without second thoughts. And that scares me.

This is just like what Tsarina has said, depending on how I act, I will make my Servants die to protect me. Never been in my life that having the reassurance someone will protect me feels so baggaging.

Quest Rule!
    Game over and Checkpoint:
    As for right now, the death of either Lestari and Magellan means a total game over. Unlike with other Quests, we don't have any save file feature, but you can choose to start over on any Checkpoint (will be displayed at the post header) that happens during the duration of a Story Arc.

Bond:
    The increase of Bond means the more chance a Servant will willing to join you if invited and you may dream about their past on a varying level of Bond. For your contracted Servant, reaching Bond 3 means an increase of their Stats, though what Stats will be increased is also varying between Servant. They may also do something they normally wouldn't do for you, such as activating a risky or hated technique.

"The next will be the current state of the war. I can provide analysis but most of the info comes from Magellan, as New Japan's closed country policy has the weakness that we unable to gather information as fast and reliable as the others. Assassin is only summoned two days ago so she definitely almost know nothing about the Factional war, while Master is under constant run on the sea so the info you get probably is not very reliable just like mine."

Kenshin then backs off and Magellan now takes control of the briefing. She opens a bottle of mineral water we already prepared as she has been talking for so long. She then opens her elegant lips and let every draught of water sink to her little mouth. The way she drinks it reminds me of a tea ceremony, and there are almost no audible sounds from her gulps.

That's one way to suggestively drink something without acting like so. And very distracting.

As Magellan finished preparing what she needs. The big screen in the middle flashes new image depicting a world map, similar to your typical atlas depicting each nation, but each color represents the Faction that takes control instead.

And it list of all Faction in the world and their respective color, some we know so well.

"Well, this is gonna be long. So hear me out!"

The current state of the world is under an uncertain state that fluctuates between equilibrium and instability. On the surface, the Upper Belts keep other Factions around to not upset the power balance, so they decided to divide the world into three wars based on their geographical location.

The war that takes place in Mediterranean Europe, the Arab world and Africa continent: The Conflict of Hundred Heroic Valors, Central War.

Taking place in the East and Southeast Asia: Eternal Power Struggle of God-Kings, East War.

Taking place in the America continents: Fantastical Warfare That Transcends Time and Space, West War.

They make a rule to never warring with each other until they are the last men standing. But war has never been that simple and honest, the moment they are done with their respective war, they will gunning for other smaller Factions to be assimilated with. Naturally, the bigger the Faction is, the more resource and personnel they have. If an Upper Belt blatantly progressing faster than the others, the others too will speed up their conquest. And they fear that others will grow much more powerful than themself, so they maintain the illusion of order to keep other Upper Belts in check.

However, that in itself is a weakness. The smaller Factions let around too long, they grow more powerful as they started having an actual chance of victory. The Upper Belts know they can't keep playing power balance forever, they started to prepare for full-scale invasions to end them once and for all.

The world once more, may enter a bloody period similar to the horrifying first year of the Factional war.

In the west edge of the Eurasian supercontinent, another Faction still stood proud surrounded by her massive neighbor not unlike New Japan. Despite her very small size, Avalon Britain is the strongest out of all Faction out there in term of defense, very fitting of its namesake. It is year five of this massive holy grail war, but not even once a single soldier able to breach their land.

But what is the secret behind their defense?

It is not like they have an impenetrable fortress or the strongest shield, far from it.

Simply put, a huge storm always strikes the enemy in the right time and the right place, as if favored by God. The calm ocean suddenly tides ragingly pushing back enemy's vessels, while thunderbolts pour down like rain frying almost every single enemy's aircraft.

And for those who successfully bypass the godly trial...

"You rascals! Don't let a single of them ashore, sunk them all!"

Without caring about fairness, the captain woman slaughters those who skilled or lucky enough to penetrate the storm. Her ghostly armada manhunts them tirelessly like a wild wind.

Because of this, Avalon Britain is the only Faction around without a single spy lurking in their country.

"How is it, Drake?"

The blue haired woman oozes shrewdness and arrogance, not even the slight of her lovely silhouette downplays her impenetrable exterior. The Faction may come off feeble if one only profiles them from a map, but under her leadership, they are fearsome players fully capable to win the war not inferior to the Upper Belts.

Princess of Avalon Britain

"Thanks to you just like the usual, Princess. My useless men able to obliterate the idiots who think they are lucky enough to enter our territory. They never learn aren't they?"

"Geez, I can't picture you being sincere when you call me that way."

This is the woman that better carries the heart and mind of a ruler more than all of the current world leaders combined. And everyone can only imagine what brilliant scheme she currently designing in her shrewd mind?

In the border between European Confederation and Sultanate, two honorable Heroic Spirits clashes. Perhaps because it is a sight too often or the Servants' sheer charisma, that the soldiers of each Faction start to take battle less seriously. How could they not? After all, the two clashing warriors are the de facto leader of each Faction and there is no sign of progress between them.

"It has been months, how about we call it a tie as usual, boy?"

"I'm so sorry, but our holiday is coming nearby and I need to let my soldier spent their time with their family. I'm afraid I can't prolong this battle any longer."

De facto leader of European Confederation and leader of Germany coalition

Servant Ruler, Sultan of The Sultante

The heavily armored mounted man is the leader of Germany coalition in European Confederation. He is also the leader of the top man in the Faction as he fully supports the Church in the Vatican to remains in power for the duration of the war. And his combat capability is out of ordinary, as the swing of his hammer-like ax can crush the sturdiest of armor simply by sheer force.

Meanwhile, the young attractive man dressed in black and green is the appointed Sultan of The Sultanate Faction. The Sultanate is a proud Faction that boasts the strength of an Upper Belt, but decide to not play their games of politic to remain true to their noble goal of conquest. The young man, despite looking small in comparison, able to intercept the powerful swing with his sword made from the finest material.

While their appearance and culture are very contrasting. The two leaders can be said, alike minded in their approach of war. As they prefer a much more conventional battle between men, leading the front line with glorious vigor, a textbook medieval romance.

"Then, how about a truce? We will pause the war for your holiday, but in return, you do the same for us."

"I'll gladly take the offer. While we at it, we don't want to go warring around during New Year too, right?"

Hahaha, did they talk about holiday breaks in the middle of a decisive fight?

That's what everyone present thoughts.

It is not because they didn't take warring seriously. But simply capturing a town will not do both Factions any good. With their conventional strength being equal, it only takes time before the town being recaptured by the loser again. As it takes heavy tolls to be victorious, the loser can just capture another town that the winner neglects. However, the moment they stopped repeating the cycle, the other Factions will suddenly gain a higher advantage and can be very pivotal from the war.

It is a large-scale cat and mouse game that may go eternally until the dawn of time.

One of the reasons why European Confederation can't simply take over the world is the existence of this one Faction. Technically speaking, entire Africa is part of EC as their strongest Servant immediately join Europe and sell out the entire African continent to them. Meaning, half of the world is already under their possession.

However, such a decision makes some Servants rage. Feeling their pride being sullied by that betrayal, rebellions rose all over Africa to take down the traitorous tyrant. They plunder and destroy numerous useful resources for EC, as they don't have an actual army to fairly take down an Upper Belt. The effort to suppress the rebellions takes resources more than what they can profit from Africa.

"It is foolish for us to be our own?! Or it is foolish for him to not learn back from history?! The Servant that proclaims himself as 'Monster' is not only a coward but a fool! Sending his army of degenerate animals to his own kin, The lowest of scum!"

Servant Lancer, the orator of Liberation Army

And one of the Servant stood pointing her spear to the north as if declaring hostility toward Europe, voicing her despair in spirited rages of vengeance. Her voice is loud and encouraging, reigniting the dormant flame of her subjects tirelessly. She is their spoke figure and their goddess, a radiating sun to lead the rebellion called Liberation Army to take back what once was theirs.

"Raise, raise, brothers and sisters! It is the time for us to once more, to once more fight against injustice!"

Once more, the Liberation Army rebels in high-pressure hotness.

The city of Agra in India has been rebranded as the capital of Shangri-La. Located in the world wonder Taj Mahal, one can see a Mana Reservoir publicly stationed for any Servant to use. There, the member of opposing Factions often meet.

"Oh? Look at them! Aren't they the bunch of losers that provide weaponry to lowly pirates?"The loud bald man and his bird-like subordinates clearly looking for a fight.

"You are lucky being here. If I don't respect this place neutral status, you are nothing but a corpse." However, the blonde man dressed in black replies back with spiteful dismissal.

The two opposing Factions glares toward each other in murderous intent. The weapon they hold tightly barely able to sustain their wrathful grips. So what is stopping them to end their sworn enemy once and for all in cold blood?

The Faction called Shangri-La is a bit special compared to others. They provided their land as a means of international affairs, in exchange for neutral status and protection from the Upper Belts and Sultanate. If the war end, they will immediately forfeit and assimilate with the victor.

"Please, overlook your difference and history with each other in this sacred place. Both of you are my honored guest, so long you honor each other and the rule of this land, feel free to treat this place like your own home."

Maharaja of Shangri-La

As they almost explode in fury, a middle-aged man clad in exotic jewelry stopped them with a call. His voice brimmed with radiating divine confidence and reassurance, as if he is not a human yet being one, calming both of them down. The man carries an inhuman charisma that one may see him as both calming and terrorizing at the same time.

But still, one can't simply declare themselves a neutral party without the power backing for it. There is the need for an enforcer for a rule to be abided by, and that's enforcer can always be seen in every window towering the city as its guardian god.

"..." The guardian god raises its massive arm ready to squash the trouble makers like ants.

"They will not do anything rash, Ghatotkacha. So you shouldn't too."

"..."

As the man assured him, the guardian god named Ghatotkacha reluctantly pull back, only silently glares the two with terrorizing eyes.

"Holy shit, that thing is just crazy!!! My bad blondie, wahahahaha!"

"Calling him freely by his True Name, you really know that no one in this war has a chance against him..."

Both of them clearly sweat cold, they unconsciously understand the giant is beyond their league from sheer size alone. And we are talking about Servants feeling that way.

"Now, gentlemen. Enjoy your stay."

But exactly what kind of man, exactly able to tame such a monster?

The raging battle between the sky and abyss continue on. From the shore of China, numerous birdmen creature sent almost infinitely. Opposing them, merman-like knights endlessly emerges from the ocean on the southeast. In term of strength and number, the two Faction almost match.

So what makes Maritime Alliance is always on the losing side fighting Phoenix Empire?

The two Factions both relies on their seemingly infinite spawns to swarm the enemy, as they lack a master tactician, unlike other Factions. But there is one thing that other Factions lack, that is an immortal Emperor.

"Fuhahahahaha!!! How peculiar, this Noble Phantasm of yours!"

Servant Caster, Emperor of Phoenix Empire

"How?! You should be dead!!!"

The Servant that tasked to murder the Emperor has confirmed it. This person should die the moment his all-killing blade struck deeply to the man. His Noble Phantasm is a very potent weapon, which indiscriminately kills anyone grazed by it with a very strong curse unable to be resisted by no one.

Yet, so suddenly, a raging bird made of flames appear in the sky. And as it let loose a majestic cry, the Emperor suddenly raise from his supposed eternal sleep fully alive and well, with more magical energy to waste than before in fact.

"Fuhahahaha! Useless, useless! My turn now!"

He then summons plasma balls composed of divine formula, perhaps it is a magic that only exists in the age of gods. Either way, the plasma radiates flaming heat as if they are small stars and drop all of them into the Servant's body.

It is not even a fight, it's incineration.

"We told him a guaranteed death will not work! After we warned him too, what a waste. Everyone, this is stupid, we are going to retreat at once."

Servant Caster, God Queen of Maritime Alliance

"How boring, you want to stop now?"

Seeing her valuable ally's sudden demise, the young princess that responsible for Maritime Alliance's merman knight finally take her move. The princess is not the type that responds to taunt, she retaliates with a grand display of force. The princess herself hasn't taken a step even an inch, but she surf by standing on solid coral formations moved by torrents of water. As if the entire sea is a faithful slave for her to command, which they are.

"O clouds, I command you!!!"

With a single command, the sky turns darker than it already has. Numerous cumulonimbus clouds have been gathered from afar to one spot, perhaps originated far south from their current location. All of these clouds are charged with thunderstorms, powerful enough to obliterate aircraft to dust with their shocks.

Then, the princess let loose a loud roar.

"OBLITERATE THEM ALL!!!"

The cloud fuse into a gigantic sphere and the Emperor sent all of his newly created energy to create a star-like plasma to rival it. The clashing energy balls caused a shockwave that unable to be explained solely by watching with naked eyes. As the birdmen and abyssal knights are obliterated indiscriminately.

This is no sight one can expect in the world of man, as it is a clash between people worthy to be worshiped as gods.

Lima.

The capital and the largest city of Peru. It is located in the valleys of the Chillón, Rímac and Lurín rivers, in the central coastal part of the country, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Together with the seaport of Callao, it forms a contiguous urban area known as the Lima Metropolitan Area. With a population of more than 9 million, Lima is the most populous metropolitan area of Peru and the third-largest city in the Americas, behind São Paulo and Mexico City.

But that was five years ago.

The current Lima now is an abandoned ruin with a population only reach 1 million. The entire infrastructure of the city has been wrecked into a barely recognizable form, and the people living there are small and insignificant resistances that can only cling to their valiant struggle as their driving force to live. It is a literal hell on earth.

Swarming the dying city, merciless angels made from scientific knowledge patrol the place tirelessly without break. They are quadrupedal sentinel equipped not only with ballistic weapons but cutting edge heat and heartbeat detector. Simply put, there is no way for people to run away from their all-sensing sight.

"Lifeform confirmed: Answer with honesty and you will be unharmed. Where the base of El-Dorado located?"

The machine points its guns forward and calculatedly uses visible gunsights to sent terror to the interrogated.

"I... I don't know-! You should learn all of us know nothing already!!!"

"...Heartbeat confirmed: You are telling the truth. Thank you for your cooperation."

The machine then retracts all of its weapons, showing no more sign of hostility. However, the man has grown sick of it and decided to take out a grenade in the hope to destroy the machine. Needless to say, the machine read the sudden change of the heartbeats and perforate the man's body with a barrage.

"Another flop eh? But no matter. With how we progress, it only takes a month until we completely flatted South America. That or they come out from their hiding out of guilt. Either way, victory is in our hand."

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

From the robot's lens, a grey-haired man observes calmly from a faraway and safe place. The man saw yet another failure, coldly closes his eye as he is grown impatient from lack of progress. He then clicks his drawing pen and starts to X-mark Lima on the map, next after countless other marked cities. Just how many cities does he need to marks until he gave up? Regardless, it is only a few cities left until SFA found where the El-Dorado Servants' are hiding.

"This is tiring even in my current state."

He then once again ready his drawing pen. And ill-fitted with his cold image, he began to scribble as the man let his hand possess his entire body, and a smile finally escapes from his frozen heart. As it is the only human activity he can feel a shed of joy.

"Another one!!! Can't they just stop with this cruel act?!"

Servant Lancer, King of El-Dorado

Similar to the cold-hearted man, yet another observant closely watches the bloody sight. His heroic build aside, the man who gave an image of an ancient barbaric king has a very emotional heart. It's not like he wants to watch and sit still, but they have no means to counter SFA with their Servants and it will waste all the sacrifice if he let his heart swallow him. The smartest move is to wait for their plan to motions, he knows that, but how long he must endure until that happens?

"Please, I beg for his success. As he is the key for us to end this horror!"

Just like his people, the once proud king can only cling to a valiant but uncertain hope.

"Combined with the ongoing battle between New Japan and the joint Upper Belt forces that we experienced yesterday. Plus some miscellaneous things such as unaffiliated Servants and the now missing Chaldea, all of them are the latest and accurate report of what is currently happening. There is much more additional info, but that can be saved once we choose where to go." Explain Magellan.

"Where to go? What's with the haste?" I ask.

Kenshin then takes the stage again and explain much more. "With Assassin's effort to destroy the Upper Belt's communication devices, the world currently didn't know our existence. At least they must take another day or two to fully deal with Nobunaga's Mara before they can focus to repair the devices. This is the best chance we have to strike one of the Upper Belts. Magellan, which Faction if you may rank to be the hardest for us to deal with?"

"Definitely European Confederation and El-Dorado." She confidently answers, and then she adds her reason. "Because both Factions didn't have known central bodies or capital for us to jump."

"I see, those are a lost cause then." This time, even Assassin understood what that means. Which mean I'm the only person here leaving full of question marks barely able to follow this strategical conversation.

"Why does that matter?" I ask Kenshin.

"Our advantage is dependant on Magellan's ability to warp straight to the Faction's capital. Those asides, we shall start to focus on which war we are going to meddle with."

I can just leave everything to my Servants like a Master do, but I don't want to be just their Master. As their friend, I should be more involved with them and reach their level, so I should be at least able to give a decisive decision.

"So, Master, this is your call."

Which War you will decide to ConQUEST?

The conflicts between Factions are split into three war based on their geographical locations. Naturally, to meddle with one Faction means neighboring Factions will be involved in some ways. Allying with one means declaring hostility with their rival, trying to take down one open the possibility of an alliance with their enemy, etc.

You can choose which war you will be involved immediately and choose which Faction to meddle with after.
    [1] Central War
    [2] East War
    [3] West War
    [4] I have the patience, explain all of the three.
    Last edited by Spartacus; February 28th, 2019 at 04:11 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We started off in Fuyuki so may as well continue with East.