Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lestari - 4
    Magellan - 5
    Assassin - 2 and 6
    Kenshin - 10
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lestari - 4
    Magellan - 5
    Assassin - 6 & 7
    Kenshin - 10

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    L: 3
    M: 8
    A: 1, 2
    K: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Daytime: Day
    Objective: Gather any leads about El-Dorado

"Well then, let's split up to save time. So which place every single of you want to investigate?" I ask.

"Well... I guess I should start searching on San Blas District, maybe I can find something that gives me lead there, I dunno." Says Magellan, unsure where to search and decided to go to the obvious place.

Which it is a behavior kind of surprising coming from her, even if she claims she knows no better than us, an explorer like her would probably be thrilled to search for something named themselves El-Dorado. But it seems she is very neutral about it or even almost uncaring.

"With my superior speed and spying skills, I can investigate much faster and efficient. The Inca Walls and Sacsayhuaman Complex are seemingly linked to the ancient civilization here, so I thought they may hold significance or something."

That's... a very thoughtful approach, I keep forgetting Assassin is supposed to be a master spy and killer. Even it seems she isn't very informed about the situation, she pinpoints those places have strong connections to the Inca. And then, just like the Clock Tower and Ryuudou Temple, ancient places with history are usually strongly related to the land's leyline.

And the one with the highest chance of surviving unscathed if encountering an enemy is Assassin. As she is very agile and sneaky, she can run away if confronted by an enemy she can't defeat. Though, I worried that her pride may not allow her to do such.

Meanwhile, Kenshin seemingly troubled where to go as she stares the map that Magellan provides intensely. "Mmhm..."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"All of this is new for me. I don't know where to go." I honestly surprised, a commander like Kenshin didn't know where to go like this, I was expecting she is being the most reliable as always. "In my era, all of us almost knows the geography of Japan, so it mostly how do we breach and capture enemy's base. But searching for something with zero lead, in a foreign land too..."

At first, I don't know what to suggest, but then I remember she has been brainstorming the most among us, so I think she should rest and relax a little.

"How about you investigate on a populated place like San Bartolome? I think you are the most well-spoken here, so asking people around may be best suited for you. And while at it, you can take your time to relax and enjoy the city. Besides, you guys need something to wear too, since dressing like a warrior is too suspicious."

Unexpectedly, Kenshin normally cool face grows brighter, as she excitedly shakes my hand with both of her steel gloves. "Really?! I can do that? Searching the city?"

"Yes...? Besides, I'm going to search on the Twelve-something rock place, which is close by. You can immediately rush to my sides in case I can't handle something unexpected."

"Oh...! Thanks, Master!"

"Isn't it great, Kenshin?" Even Tsuru seems unexpectedly happy for her.

Kenshin gives us a quick nod, "Well then, I'll immediately search around. I'll be right back!" And as she declares, Kenshin dashingly goes to San Bartolome, clearly excited from the prospect.

"...That was something." Even Magellan and Assassin seems caught off guard with the sudden development. I guess Kenshin is a girl too, there is something that makes her grows excited and happy about, even if I don't know what is. I always see the Servants as extraordinary humans, so amazing and powerful craving their name in history. But looking at how these three acted, they are still people at the core.

"Well, guess we should get going too."

Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent

Right now, I'm going to a historical landmark called Stone of Twelve Angles (which I only bothered to learn the name just now). The city of Cusco, despite their neighboring city conquered left and right by SFA, still seemingly lively with people living their life as if nothing happened. I don't know if this supposed to be a good thing or not, is this means they have an undying spirit or being oblivious, but I know that's mean they will not yield to SFA.

One thing I notice, unlike New Japan, I don't see heavy security anywhere in this place. No police forces, no soldiers around, just a typical city full of historicity located in South America. It almost like this place has been abandoned to be attacked, contradicting with my assessment about them earlier.

"Ah, so this is it."

Supposedly, the Stone of Twelve Angles is proof the ancient Inca's engineering marvel or something. Admittedly, I'm not a very... conservative person that bothered about history and such, but there is something else that makes me investigate here.

Back in the age where magi are part of the courts and much more respected by the society, kings tend to ask suggestion to their court mage the location to build their capital for prosperity or protection. While there are people who excel at Bounded Fields or Fengshui, the most basic choice would be to build their capital near powerful leylines for the court mage to perform their magecraft easily (thus increasing their defense). I believe something similar also applied here.

Choice!

What Lestari should do?
    1] Use Geomancy to determine whatever the stone has significance
    2] Return and discuss it with everyone, just in case

Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Magical Energy: Good

Magellan currently walks around the San Blas District, which her clothing may bring her to the surrounding people's attention, though she didn't really care much. The district is surrounded by many infrastructures she knows too well back in Spain and Portugal. But there is no sense of nostalgia she can feel about them. Not because she hates them, but disappointed is more accurate.

To her, the most important part to set sail on the sea is exploring the whole new world itself, bringing glory to the nation are far second, which perhaps the reason why she can't negotiate very well for her proposal to be granted by King Manuel I back in Portugal. But a lot of sailors clearly prioritize the latter, even her idol Columbus.

Of course, she doesn't really care about the well being of the people living on the land she set foot at, but she wasn't actively searching for a way and justification to cause harm to them either. It's less about, 'killing and enslaving people are morally wrong', but more about, 'these buildings are the proof that many explorers lost their way and spirit in exchange for profits.'

And as she carelessly walks around and didn't see what's in front of her, she bumped face first to someone wearing a black, full body medieval armor and immediately fall down to the ground. She then covers her forehead as her head gone numb from the impact.

"Ooouchhh-!!! I'm really really sorry for being careless. But man, you wear something entirely made of steel, it makes my head extra hurt-"

But instead, the knightly young man courteously extends his hand to her, "I should be the one, it was my fault that I menacingly standing there like a statue."

"Well, I don't see a reason to decline your apology." Magellan accepts the man's help, and in return grab his hand as a sign of gratitude. However, as she was helped to stand by the man, the man continues gripping her with his glove of cold steel. "Wha....?!"

As she struggles to escape from his grip, she finally sees the man's full profile. He is someone she knows very well, a fellow Servant from Spain coalition.

Black Armored Knight?

"Been a few days, Armada. No... Seņora Magellan."

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin

Kenshin currently relaxing in a cafe located in San Bartolome. After carefully shopping few clothes for Magellan and Assassin by her Master's request, she decided to follow their advice to rest at heart and ordered the nation's specialty.

"But Kenshin, you sure love alcohol." Tease Tsuru, while remaining in her sword form.

"Mmm, I have been eyeing for this pisco sour drink since we decided to go here. Like its name, this is very energizing." Says Kenshin as she takes a sip, making sure she tastes every single flavor it can offer.

pisco sour

Kenshin may not look like it, but she has been a very heavy drinker. Her home, the Echigo province, is famous for their own brand of sake, they even still produce sake there until today. Among the speculated reason why she died, she was suspected of dying from stomach cancer because of unregulated drinking.

The one drink she currently enjoys is called pisco sour. It's a national drink of Peru and they even celebration day solely for the drink. It's an iconic and unique drink made of pisco, lime juice, syrup, egg white and perhaps some unique spins from the shops to produce the ultimate sour alcohol. And Kenshin is enjoying every single drop of it.

"Tsuru, you don't want to materialize and have a taste?"

"No, we need to save our magical energy as much as possible."

"...If you say so."

"Yup, don't worry about it!" (I need to burn this rare moment of her shameless self in my memory so I can tease her later on. Because right now, I can't exactly hide my grinning face in human form. Khukhukhu... I'm a genius!)

Location: Near Sacsayhuaman Complex, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)

Assassin

"This is...! What the hell is happening?!"

Assassin can only be dumbfounded from what she sees. She has been investigating the Inca Walls and Sacsayhuaman Complex, and when she is nearby to the latter, the whole area is suddenly gone and disappears, leaving a wasteland nearby.

Saycsayhuaman complex...?

The Sacsayhuaman Complex is supposedly located on a hill, but let alone a building, the hill itself isn't there. There is no building, tree, landscape, nothing. Not even a single moss was left behind. An entire radius was cut off, even some buildings were cut clean in half. As if a gigantic ray destroyed the entire area in a single shot. There is only one stood in the middle, which appears to be a monument, and there is a listing the name of people presumably missing alongside the area.

Assassin never doubts her information was accurate, after all, this is the era where almost everything on earth becomes an open book. She also prides herself as a shinobi to determine the correct place to investigate. Yet she doesn't even see anything there.

"This is unreal..."

She immediately goes back to an alleyway as she noticed there is a group of people coming to the wasteland. The people seem looking normal like any civilian around. Among them, the priest leading them as he then opened what's appear to be the Christian's holy book, and start reciting a prayer for the dead.

"...Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace."

Immediately after, the rest followed the same prayer and closed it with an 'Amen.'

After that, they start putting flowers to the monument and silence befall upon them. Until one of them speaks, "How many years it has been? Since the city just suddenly was gone."

A woman then answers, which appears to be a widow with two sons, as her young children tail behind her and hold her hand strongly. "Two years and a half... and my husband were working for the conservation of the complex."

"My son too, he enlists himself to be a part of the El-Dorado army." Answers an elderly man who barely able to walk with a cane, as the cane looks as fragile as him.

And a young man, full of spirits and love for his family slams his feet to the ground. Tears, of sadness, anger, and hatred flows from his eyes as untold of his loved one being robbed from him.

"They say asking for an entire race to disappear is despicable and unjustified. But this... this is the work of a monster...! There is no other way but the SFA did this-! And they must pay... every single of them... from what we have lost...! I wish... I wish I can exact revenge to them!"

Even the priest can't say anything to him. The religious side of him wanted to give the young man salvation and reassurance, but the human side of him wishes the same thing as the young man. He feels disgusted a holy person likes him to feel such a thing, but he too can't forgive himself if he let go what he holds dear.

And as if God laughed to his dark prayer, a sudden event that may shake even the pious to drop their belief happens.

"God... why?" Says the young man in disbelief.

Dozen of four-legged machines around the size of a dog appears from afar and approaching them. They are clearly the machine SFA employed, albeit seemingly weaker than the humanoid one called 'Patriot' she encounters during the Upper Belt invasion, but still deadly compared to humans.

The machine in unison declares: "Lifeform confirmed: Answer with honesty and you will be unharmed. Where the base of El-Dorado located?"
    When Assassin saw the machines, she can only pray for them.

(Please, just answer honestly. Don't let your grief dictate your mind. It's not worth it fighting them... Please, I can't help you all if the machine goes violent, or SFA may find out we are here!)

However, the young man is just a human. For once, he needs to let go of his emotion, and he chooses today of all time to do so. He then let out a machine gun who knows he gets from where and shoots it straight to the nearest machine.

"DROP DEAAADDDD!!!" He screams as he let go a barrage of bullets to the machines.

(MORON-!!!!!!!!)

CHOICE-!!!

What Assassin should do?
    1] Save them all and that stupid moron
    2] It was unfortunate, but she can't risk being found out

US Friend Code
    1 & 1
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    1 & 1

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    1 & 1
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1 & 1

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    RIP Magellan, that was fast

1, 1
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    2 & 1

Brick feels like a Red Herring

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

"Been a few days, Armada. No... Senora Magellan."

When Magellan sees the young man face, her sterned expression immediately returns to her normal jumpy one, "Oh...! It just you- mmmm!!!"

The man in armor immediately pushes his other glove to keep her mouth shut. "You are going to carelessly say my True Name don't you?!"

"Ghaaaa--!!!" Once he releases his arm from her mouth, Magellan inhales some airs as he was suffocating her, "You say that, but you just called me by my True Name!"

He then yells back as he annoyed of her behavior, though it seems he already expected she will behave this way. "It's your punishment, moron! Normally, I kill you on sight after that open betrayal!"

"Oh... Umm..." She wanted to give her a quick rebuttal, but she paused for a second as she isn't accustomed to calling him by his Class, "Err, Lancer. So everyone already knows what happened?"

Lancer is speechless for a second and then folds both of his arms in nostalgic annoyance as if it is a common occurrence.

"Of course it is, idiot! The moment you betray the Confederation, the first thing Tsarina do is to report your betrayal. Everyone immediately blames Spain, even Germany can't help us in such a situation. As your boss, I must take responsibility for your trouble!"

"I'm sorry for what I had done to you, but also forgive me that I will continue to be Lestari's Servant."

When Magellan quickly apologize as if it was a minor mistake, Lancer let out a sigh.

"Oh, I know you very well that you will never do. That decisive aspect of yours is something that I knew very well."

"...? So, you are going to kill me then."

"No, that wouldn't help me at all, nor do they issued me to do so. They only officially say about what rights Spain will lose in the Confederation and only imply I must eliminate you to get those rights back. But just like everything that is implied, they can bend it to whatever they want. So it's a lost cause."

"Ah... So you are letting me go?!"

"Of course not! No one keeping France at bay, while Russia can ransack both Germany and Italy even further. All of this is your fault, so I want you back and help me to fix your own mess. At least, I can do that for you whom I truly respected with."

He then tensed the arm that currently holds her hand strong enough to make her bleed a little.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch! What's the big idea?!"

"You taught me how to decide. So, I'll do just that."

He continues strengthening his grip on her arm, knowing full well that his physical strength superior to her and his eyes straightened in cold determination.

"The world is changing, perhaps, to a much more boring state in your view. This war is reaching its final moment, and soon the status quo between the Upper Belts will crumble. Regardless if SFA or El-Dorado won, the treaty to not meddle with other wars is going to be invalid from its outcome, and I'm here to secure the standing of Spain from the upcoming chaos."

However, Magellan being herself, doesn't see that as her concern while his arm continuing his grip.

"Well, that doesn't sound interesting at all. But what are you trying to accomplish here? Saying all these kinds of stuff? I can use it for my benefit you know?"

"I know... That's why."

And then so suddenly, she felt a shock on her Magical Energy from the bleeding arm. Lancer releases the arm after holding her far too long.

From their hand, there is a crushed paper with passages from the Bible, and her blood plastered on it.

In the same way, when God desired to show even more clearly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it by an oath.

A geass sealed by blood. Very potent one.

"I need you to understand my situation, but I can't let your mouth running free. I can't kill you either. You are my key after all. But with this, you will not do anything that will ruin Spain and my interest. I must thank Caster for this."

After he had done so, he left her wondering and Magellan screams at him for the last time.

"Are you going searching for El-Dorado again?!"

He paused and answers to her before leaving for real.

"Of course. This time, I will do it myself."

She may know his True Name, but she never understood him as a person and his abilities. She has a vague guess about how he can travel from Spain to Peru in a single day, but now she can't even think about it.

"Ah... crap. If this will happen so soon, we should talk about EC first."

Assassin

When the young man starts to fire his rifle aimlessly, he able to take out one of the machines.

"Aggression detected: entering extermination mode."

The machines are designed to open fire the moment it reads firearms using heat sensor, taking one of them will only provoke the other eleven.

Without hesitation, the machines start spraying bullets to the grieving people. The young man that started the attack defends the others by shielding them with his body. He already prepared for his death if that's mean he can protect them from danger.

Betraying his expectation, he was left unhurt.

"What...?"

The eleven machines are already broken to pieces and a ninja girl that looks like someone belong in anime convention stood.

It happens too fast, but he knows the ninja girl is the one responsible for doing so.

And next, he fails to register what happened again, as the girl suddenly stood in front of him.

"Thank-"

"What the hell do you think you are doing, retard?!"

Assassin is pissed.

"What are you trying to do picking a fight with them?! And now you ruin our plan, GOOD JOB!"

She holds his collar and lifts the men high so strongly that she almost chokes him. And to tell the truth, she barely contains herself to choke the young man to death.

"Who the hell are you anyway?! You are a foreigner, it's not your prob--"

"This is NOT worth it! OFF FUCKING COURSE!" She then punches the young man as strong as possible to cause him harm, but not enough for him to lost consciousness. Such control of one strength is a testament of her ability as a shinobi, as she often does so to torture for information or knock someone unconscious, despite she currently under extreme emotion.

"Young miss! We thank you for your help, but please calm down!" The priest held her arm pleading her to let him go. And when she looks at the level headed man, there is a slight relief coming out from her. Calmed down, she releases the young man from her grip and he violently falls to the ground.

She looks the young man in the eye and gritted her teeth in frustration.

Assassin was no saint, but even shinobi has their own code. Despite their lack of hesitation to do something horrid, they are not immoral. She was nothing but a genin back then, but she has seen the horror of her village being razed by Nobunaga. She exactly knows what it feels to be powerless, but even so...

"Look at these people, it's not just about you! Use your underused brain a little!"

When she said that, the young man starts to look at his surrounding. He looks to the elderly man that barely able to walk, the widow with two children, the priest, and everyone else presents there.

He then realized what he almost did and slams his fist to the ground. "I just... want to avenge my family and friends! I know it was a futile effort, but I only want to do the right thing! What's wrong with that?!"

"The right thing... you say?"

That particular word, it almost hit her switch once again.

"At least if you want to do the right thing, do it right!"

But instead of anger, it was disgust. A disgust born from self-reflection. And that pissed her off so much she feels she wanted to cry.

"It's not about how we feel... or else... you just make everything worse- which you did!"

His action will not just impact him alone. The machines will also target others and shoot them all. Even if he did defend them, it will accomplish nothing. The machines will simply walk over his dead body and massacre them next. The only one left satisfied is himself, as he died thinking he protected everyone.

She understood the young man's feeling, more than anyone else present. The feeling to prove something, not to anyone, but to her own self. But one must know the difference between courage and recklessness, as another failure will add another burden to their pride even further. Just like ultimately the ninja of Iga and Koga decided to serve their own invader to survive, that's exactly why he should think through his action and do something that benefits the future.

"This is stupid." She turns her back after venting her frustration and now she must deal with her efforts yesterday being turned moot.

"Young miss, please wait." Said the priest, stopping her before leaving.

I use the basic application of Geomancy to determine what's the stone actually is. The Elliwyn application of Geomancy generally falls under Astronomy umbrella, that is to make prediction into an actual phenomenon. Even my electricity is the same, only specialized in that particular element. Right now, what I do is the sent a surge of electricity to the rock and see what's happened next.

"Honestly, this is very reckless of me."

As I sent my electricity, the electricity began to surge to all twelve directions the stone pointed out. They spread following some sort of pattern like a river until they went far away I can't feel them anymore. What I do right now is no different than remote sensing used by earth-engineers, but instead of searching specific electromagnetic reaction from rocks, I search a specific reaction that only found in Mana.

"As expected, the stone is a map of leyline..."

I let out a sight. While it will be advantageous to know where their leyline located as a Magus and link myself to it for an increase of magical energy supply, it doesn't give us any clue about the location of El-Dorado.

"Hmm...?"

But then, as the electricity travel through the north-west of the stone, they suddenly cut off. My electricity is just gone, this is different than the electricity slowly fading out. They just flow naturally to the north-west and disappear, as if warped somewhere else.

"Huh...? First time seeing something like this..."

I then saw Kenshin returned from her task, already wearing civilian clothes. We then decided to wait for the others in a nearby stall.

---

"Kenshin, I think that clothes fit you well."

"Mmm, thanks."

Kenshin...?

We are currently waiting for the other girls to finish changing to civilians clothes. That way, we can move around easier in the city, and a camera can't differentiate between Servant and normal person. Perhaps they can just turn into spirit form, but they still will have a hard time conversating with people, and I enjoy their company anyway.

Besides, cute girls in cute clothes are quite the feast to behold, yes?

And with what Kenshin wears, I think there is no need to doubt her sense of clothing.

"I was thinking quite long to decide which clothes suit them best. After considering their personality and habit, I think my final choice suits them well, I quite proud of it, in fact."

"That's very thoughtful of you," Kenshin-oneesan.

"Well, regardless we have nothing to do but wait, so let's entertain our self."

When Kenshin said that, we immediately watch any show that the owner currently play. Apparently, it is a cartoon show. It seems that the cartoon isn't aired on TV, as the owner's son streaming the show.

The cartoon has started midway, they already in the middle of the climax as an old man clearly to be the evil guy pointing his gun forward threatening what appears to be the hero.

This is the end, Captain. With this, your plan will fail, and no one can stop me anymore.

The captain, who is the hero screams with all of his might.

This is not the end... THIS IS JUST A START!!!

The sight of his valiant spirit stunned the evil old man for a second, and with that momentum he--

"What the hell are you watching, kid? Don't I told you to not watch something that will rot your brain?!"

"Aww, dad! It's on the good part!"

The owner overreacts and violently changes the show into some sort of stand-up comedy. He then laughed so hard from the comedian act as his son left sulking from the violent takeover.

Not to judge your parenting, but isn't stand-up comedy is as non-educational as a cartoon show?

Just after that, the girls already finished changing and return to us.

"How do we look?"

Magellan-kun and Ass-chan...?

"..."

Cosplay...

"Fufufufu, speechless like that, I bet those clothes suit them so much. I was thinking for quite a while, but there is nothing beating classic like Pokemon for Magellan's love toward pop-culture. And Assassin gives the rebellious teen vibes, so school girl really suits her best." And Kenshin proudly puffs her chest.

"Kenshin... are you an idiot too?"

"Pffft!" Tsuru in her sword form, shakes uncontrollably her handle is almost break.

"Eh?"

---

"So then, let's share what we found out."

We begin by opening the map, and Magellan reports what she has found first.

"Me, me! I found, absolutely, nothing!" (Except all the Spain stuffs but that damned Geass!)

"..."

(See? Everyone thinks I'm stupid now!!!)

Everyone stares at Magellan pitifully, except Kenshin who still down from the earlier incident.

"Okay, next, Kenshin."

"...Uh, ah, yeah..." Kenshin snapped back to reality and begin giving her report. "After asking around, I got some interesting history. First, this area is indeed the original El-Dorado base... until 2,5 years ago. A sudden pillar of light from SFA attacked the base, and they disintegrated into nothing."

"Pillar of light...? A mass-killing weapon...?"

"Yes... perhaps that Archer's..."

SFA Archer.

An enemy that has tried to kill us, yet we never faced. I only know about 'him' from Magellan, that he looks like a mix between trojan, knight, and robot, yet everyone called him a cowboy. He is a very dangerous Servant that snipe from space, unreachable by no one. And then, we saw a glimpse of his Noble Phantasm, a pillar of light from above that may destroy us in split second, if not for Magellan's Noble Phantasm saving the day.

Perhaps among many Servant in this war, he is the only one unbeatable. However, he should be busy fighting New Japan as right now, so at least we don't need to worry about confronting him for the time being.

But to bombard an entire area with that, not caring there are normal people around is just simply...

"About that, there is something I need to tell you guys..." Assassin has been silent for a while seemingly lacking energy. "I think SFA knows we are around because of me."

"Why so?" The first one to respond was Magellan.

"The area that supposed to be Sacsayhuaman Complex matches with Kenshin's story about bombardment, and I encounter some SFA robots. Of course, I quickly dispatched them all, but I'm afraid the fact we destroy their machines will alert them regardless."

Assassin then self-loathingly grips her collar.

"I was overwhelmed by my own emotion and decided to protect the people attacked there."

"Is that what you wanted to do?" Magellan asks further.

"Well, yes..."

"Then there is no need to fuss over it then." Magellan then leans on her chair carefreely.

"It's commendable of you doing so," Kenshin adds.

"But because of that, our and Master's advantage will be..."

"Listen, Assassin. I'm your Master, I'm grateful you become my Servant. But do you know what I grateful the most from you? Being my friend. And what kind of friend I am didn't let you do what you want, especially not doing so will hurt you more?"

When I said that, Assassin eyes grow brighter followed with a cheerful, "yes!"

If I force Assassin with responsibility and stuff, there is no difference between the Factions and me. I know what it feels to be forced to do what you don't want, it makes me want to destroy everything.

But still, the first time I see Assassin in action, she is a very cold-blooded murderer. But now, she protects civilians that she doesn't know. There are many things I don't know about ninja, no, about her.

"Well then, that's my report. Also, the priest decided to invite me to his Church out of gratitude. I believe it was called San Blas Temple."

A church huh... I hope they didn't produce military weaponry below it like New Japan, that just extra blasphemous.

"Well then, I'm the last one. As expected, the stone is a map for exact location to Cusco leylines."

For magi, leylines are essential to perform magecraft. Many families affiliated with the Association are responsible to protect leylines around their home turf while using it to strengthen themselves. It pretty similar to Mana Reservoir by nature and it is still a mystery to all of us why such rich sources can only be used on Servants.

"I already determined the heart of the leyline located at. That not a great leads, but if I linked myself there, my supply to you guys will be doubled so we can recharge our magical energy faster."

It doesn't give us an apparent clue where El-Dorado is located, but at least we know something more now.

Choice!

New places unlocked! Please vote where each of the four characters should go just like before! However, please consider your choice thoughtfully.

1. The Inca Walls
    2. Sacsayhuaman Complex Disappeared Area
    4. Stone of Twelve Angles
    5. San Blas District
    6. Plaza San Francisco
    8. Avenida Sol
    10. Bartolome Centre
    11. San Blas Church
    12. Leyline
    Last edited by Spartacus; August 7th, 2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typos

Going for :

11. Ass-chan, Maggie
    12. Lestari, Kenshin.

Sending people solo is probably a bad idea now that we've been detected, and tapping into the local mana reservoir can't be detrimental - especially if we get under attack by the SFA. Since we need Lestari to hijack the leylines and Ass-chan is the one being invited, those two are pretty much locked into these assignments. Portuguese Maggie will probably come in handy to negotiate with the local Catholics, and Kenshin... can be a good bodyguard ? I hope so ?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    11) Assassin, Kenshin
    12) Lestari, Magellan

also hue, pokememes
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Prussia View Post
    Going for :

11. Ass-chan, Maggie
    12. Lestari, Kenshin.

Sending people solo is probably a bad idea now that we've been detected, and tapping into the local mana reservoir can't be detrimental - especially if we get under attack by the SFA. Since we need Lestari to hijack the leylines and Ass-chan is the one being invited, those two are pretty much locked into these assignments. Portuguese Maggie will probably come in handy to negotiate with the local Catholics, and Kenshin... can be a good bodyguard ? I hope so ?
    Seconded, although it's probably best to split up and cover more ground there is strength in numbers and it's always good to have backup.

Blog Entries
    11. Ass-chan, Maggie
    12. Lestari, Kenshin

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    11. Everyone

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Pentagon.

Perhaps when talking about the strongest army, the first thing comes to mind is the US. Their advanced technologies and resources, practical and easy to use weaponries, their superior firepower in the modern world is indisputable. Not only that, with the world now easily connected by television and the internet, they employ psychological warfares by means of showing their powerful weaponry to the whole public to see as entertainment, while threatening those who understand.

But even so, the sight right now is too surreal compared to that.

War machines are currently produced in high speed, some small and some need to be built as separate parts due to its sheer size. And just like New Japan, they have access to technological wizardly that allow them to produce machines without the need for human help.

Unlike New Japan, however, SFA didn't rely on trickery to conceal its location, they don't need to. Robot sentinels are stationed to defend it. Most are the humanoid one called 'Patriot', but there are also experimental machines on the size of 10-story tall building stationed in there. As if saying 'comes to attack us if you dare', but they fully know that as right now no one dares to do so.

And located deep inside, exist a room for one Servant to control them all if necessary and listen to the world with his all-hearing ears, that person is no other than SFA Caster.

Cecil, I'm going for a business trip, please don't let Adele and Mair quarrel while I'm not around.

Do you think you can threaten me?! I don't care you are the son of a general, no one fuck with my escargot restaurant!

They flank us from behind! Please sent reinforcement, we can't hold France for so lo---

Ah, no, no, no!!! That's Monster, why he is here?! Ahhhhh!!!

Boss Umida, its the French mafia--!!!

"With the failed attempt to capture the Master, the New Japan invasion will come to an end soon, and our invasion of South America is going smoothly as usual."

The man spying the whole world spoke. There is no one in there, nor he uses a communication device. But he clearly talking with someone, located quite far away from his place.

"I see..." Caster then receives a less than an enthusiastic reply. He already expected such answer, but even so, he still can't help commenting on the man's attitude.

"As uneventful as that be, progress is something worthy of celebration, Leader."

Listening to that, the man called Leader gives him a quick reply. "Yes, they need some entertainment to release stress. I approved that they can use our budget to celebrate victory, those hard workers deserve that. I also planned to give them some breaks, maybe a week."

"I'm talking about you to entertain yourself." Caster bluntly says that as Leader seemingly dodge his question earlier. Caster doesn't speak much, but when he does so, he didn't waste any.

"You know I can't do that. Regardless, I don't think everything from New Japan invasion will be good news, not with that woman heading the operation."

"..." Caster grows irritated as once again Leader dodged his question. But he let that pass as he did bring a pressing topic this time.

"I'm afraid that the Fuyuki Holy Grail will not come to our hand. If that's not possible, maybe we should destroy the Grail, Archer definitely capable to do so."

"Is that possible? That's mean breaking the treaty between Upper Belt. I don't think we are ready to fight both EC and Phoenix Empire yet."

Hearing that, Leader smirks, "This is why technicians keep getting screwed over by the social engineers. You and Edison perhaps are the only exception." He then decides to explain what he thought as a child play to his clueless friend. "Remember, the fact doesn't always necessarily be the truth."

After a quick laugh, Leader continues on.

"The treaty only mentions for Upper Belts to not meddle with each other affairs. First, this invasion is an exception because on paper, it was a mission to retrieve the Master, and thus not part of the three wars. Second, the Holy Grail is technically New Japan's possession, we can destroy it out of necessity by stating it's a weapon New Japan has."

Caster's visor helmet turn slightly red from his suggestion. Not because of Leader's belittling tone, but because such tasteless tactics have screwed many pioneers like him in the past. "You and your loopholes..."

"But this time, that loophole will be used to take a step forward to progress. As a man of science, there is no joyful occasion compared to that, am I wrong?"

Caster physically unable to sigh, but he definitely did if he could. "If I didn't admit that you are right, that would be a betrayal to the entire human race and progression." As long it's a cold hard-proof fact, he will admit someone's point regardless of their opposition, that is what sort of a man Caster is.

"Regardless, with Tuscarora's communication devices being mysteriously shut down. I can only hear from Archer's perspective, and he is a troublesome puppet that mostly fights from the stratosphere, I can't listen to anything that happened there." He wrongly suspected that it was broken from the blasts fired by the giant skull Nobunaga summoned, not knowing it was Assassin's doing.

"...We can't trust Rider for you to connect with him. It is sad that we treat him unfairly, but it will be sadder if a comrade betrays us once again like that traitor Benjamin. We can't risk betrayal anymore, we should prevent it from happening. And we need someone like Rider anyways. The moral role and he is the least pivotal among us."

"I know... that's why Archer is the only puppet I allowed to connect with me. Wait...."

As he talks, suddenly he lost contact with all of his conical machines called 'Turret' sent to investigate El-Dorado. While they are weak, they able to sneak into South America easily because they are small, versatile, and many. While the standard humanoid one called Patriot and stronger war machines were held off by Benjamin Franklin in the bay of the Caribbean. Years have been spent and there is no sign of meaningful resistance from El-Dorado Servants, but so suddenly those dozen Turrets were dispatched easily.

"Leader... do El-Dorado have Assassin class Servant? More accurately, a ninja?"

"Not as far as I know. Even then, a ninja? Shouldn't that belong to New Japan?"

"Yes, but take a look..."

He then sent the footage to Leader, it's only split second and blurry, but Assassin existence has been caught on camera.

"Cusco, this is the first city we attacked, but we determined they are no longer here. Huh, what is this...?"

Location: San Blas Church, Disappeared Area, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)

Assassin

"So this is the place?" Says Magellan in disbelief.

"Following what the priest has said to me, most definitely."

"I was expecting San Blas Church to be grander, I mean the image shown in Google is different than this." But instead, what she sees is a simple building made on haste with only functionality in mind, and even then it is very clear it was poorly built.

The front door of the church opened, and they were greeted with the young man that has been very reckless during a sudden SFA assault before.

"We have been waiting for you, miss Assassin and her friend. And yes, the original San Blas Church vanishes without a trace like the rest of the area, we merely built a new one." It seems the young man has learned that Assassin is a Servant from the way he greets her by her Class.

"Yo, I'm Armada Rider by the way."

"Hmph." Assassin greets him back by averting her face irritatedly.

"Wait, what's with the reaction? Is he your ex or something?" Whisper Magellan teasingly.

"NO! That's not funny even coming from you!"

"Hey, calm down! It just a joke alright, no need to yell."

Seeing how Rider making both of himself and Assassin uncomfortable with her insensitive joke, the young man tried to make the situation less awkward by introducing himself. "This might be late, but nice to meet you, I'm Alejandro. I currently serve as the guard for this church."

"Anyway, our business is with the priest. We only come here because he personally invited us and promised pieces of information that he can only share here," says Assassin bluntly.

"Well, the priest is currently away to do his daily encouragement to the other citizens of Cusco. Not only those griefing followers you see back then, there are more broken people like that in the city. He may not look like it, but he is the heart of this city now. You can wait inside until he comes back."

"Sounds like a very important and respected man." Says Magellan.

"If he isn't home, we have no reason to be here. Sir Mag- I mean Sir Rider, let's go back." Assassin then turns over her body to return to her Master, but then Alejandro stopped her from leaving. "Wait, you are searching for El-Dorado, don't you? I was there, I personally witnessed it how they destroyed our Faction!"

Yet Assassin continues leaving and quickly says, "Yeah, we already know there is this light that disintegrated everything in the area two years and a half ago. Old news."

"Wait!!! There is no telling when those robots come back! Without you, I can't protect any of them..."

He then plea and started to prostate, "Please... You already see and proven how powerless I am against those robots--!"

"Uwaaah, I feel bad now."

Assassin stopped and reluctantly turn her face back to him irritatedly. "..."

Lestari Elliwyn

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin

"So the leyline is located inside this fancy house?" Ask Kenshin.

"Hmm, the heart of a leyline may be located in something that a little bit inaccessible, like a cave or a lake. But cases like this often happens when it was located in a very dense area, like the one in Tokyo."

"I wonder what happened if the government decides to create underground infrastructures or projects that may destroy the leylines."

"That's..."

We are currently searching for the leyline of Cusco. I know for sure it was below my feet, I can feel it. And this 'fancy house' is definitely a magi resident in the past, perhaps the ruling family of this land. And if this their resident, they probably have a secret passage to access it, which we currently search. I'm surprised this place has been abandoned, I was hoping to meet another magus.

While this is a well-built workshop, as expected of a Saber class, Kenshin simply walks over and trigger the traps so I can enter this place safely. It's kinda anti-climatic really.

"Hmm, but still, I can't tell the difference between a leyline and Mana Reservoir."

"That's the mystery, we magi unable tell the difference between them too."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The mana found in Mana Reservoir is identical to normal mana you found in leylines, we use the word 'identical' here because somehow it is unable to be used, despite everything about it has no difference. The guys on Clock Tower have researched it the moment they manifested, I mean how could we be not excited about them? Huge amounts of mana suddenly manifested out of thin air, when lots of doomsayers said in the near future we will deplete our magical energy. As a magus, nothing is as joyous as this."

Of course, as we know, it's nothing but false hope.

"But then somehow, they don't respond to any of our spells. We tried many things, someone naturally good at controlling magical energy, outsiders magi, eastern magi, and even science... nothing works. And then suddenly, perhaps someone has an idea to summon a Servant, no one knows who, and they succeed. Then, you know the rest as a Servant yourself." For normally disclosed magi to relies on outsider already speaks volume how desperate they were back then.

At first, I don't believe when those experts say it can't be used as a normal source. I thought either they are incompetent or trying to hog it by themselves. But then, last night, I personally witness the Mana Reservoir below the New Hope ship (tentative name). Indeed, there is nothing special about it but a massive amount of magical energy.

If I can make an analogy, this is not a situation where two bottles of water have different composition despite looking the same. This is about two bottles of water with the same composition, but the other bottle of water didn't give any nutrition to your body and only give nutrition to a specific animal.

"Yeah... suddenly I was summoned in my home town Echigo, without a clear reason why I'd been summoned. I have been provided with information about the modern world in my Saint Graph, and I know that I have a wish to get using an omnipotent device called the Holy Grail. Yet I was shocked that the Grail itself can't grant a wish, only able to summon us. We were so confused and started to kill every single Servant on sight, hoping that the Grail will manifest itself once we slew our competitors."

Back then during the first months of the war, the number of Servants is extremely high. The current number of the Servant we have is roughly 10% of the initial batch. And these confused Servants murdering each other the moment they met, we called this event as 'The First Year.' The destruction caused by their battle is unable to be concealed, and we used 'superpowered human' as an excuse to barely able to keep the secrecy of magecraft intact. Some Servant even uses their influence causing mass riots or tried to destroy the mystery of magecraft intentionally. It was a very bloody period of mankind, the number of human populations is reduced by 20%. My family is among the victims of this bloody year.

"Then everyone started to calm down. Weaker Servants that usually come from history band with each other to defeat stronger ones, heroes from myths, those with opposing ideologies, etc. And the band of Servants ultimately come victorious, founding the Factions today as a result. The world once again restored order under the Faction rules. But the damage we had done is too real for simply restoring order will not fix it." Lament Kenshin.

While Kenshin feels guilty for being a part of it, the collapse of the ruling organization all over the world is something that advantageous for the Factions. In desperate need to restore order, some nations willingly to nominate the Servants as their new leader, some infiltrate the government without them knowing, some reduced into a joke like most nations. Even the Association and the Church fall under their control too.

And the referred heroes, Chaldea Security Organization, doesn't respond to the Association's plea for some reason. But this is Chaldea we talking about, I'm sure they have something to take care of more than this, a threat on the same scale of Beast I and II for example.

"But if I think about it, the collapse is the one that helped me to evade my pursuers for so long. Should I feel thankful about it?" That's a joke, by the way. "Ah, found it."

With how convenient the Skill Magic Resistance is, everything prepared in this place become a laughable matter. Normally, I can't simply just use my Geomancy here to detect magical energy. They probably hide it with an advanced field, and knowing shamanism is very popular around this geographical location, they probably are haunted by powerful wraiths.

And now here, Kenshin, opening a door leads to secret magus basement like a polite guest visiting an acquaintance.

"This place seems like a normal basement to me."

"What do you expect, Kenshin?"

"Something much more traditional and exoteric."

"Hmm... I can picture something like that on mage from Japan and China. But you must know that many people in South America come from Europe the same way North America is. Even though they may practice local American magecraft, their western root is going to influence them, intentional or not." I guess we should blame Magellan and her compatriot for that.

"But the fact it looks normal shows these people is very competent at hiding their craft."

And then I sense the heart of the leyline is nearby, and I immediately rush in to get it over with. However-

"Master, wait. I sense a Servant." Warn Kenshin as she quickly materializes her battle wears.

"A Servant? Down here?"

"I originally don't feel his presence at all, but he suddenly pops his presence for us to feel."

And right after, a shockwave gushes out from the depth and trembles the entire basement. The sudden wave caused the floor shaking like an earthquake, even some of the ceiling starts to cracks. The sound accompanying the wave is loud enough that it messes with my brain, and Kenshin supported my body as she seems somewhat immune of the wave, albeit a little troubled.

"Ughhh!!!"

"Wha---?!"

Then, a man's voice, almost robotic sounding but yet somewhat polite can be heard clearly talking to us.

This is unexpected. To think in a single day the sole Master and Uesugi Kenshin of New Japan already on the other side of the Earth.

This person knows Kenshin's True Name... And did he just talking about the New Japan Invasion? He is from SFA then...!

"Is he challenging us or making a warning?"

"Either way, this Servant is clearly down here."

A quite atypical development worth for an extensive examination. But most definitely a disadvantageous situation for us.

choice

1. Continue to the leyline with Kenshin.
    2. Return to the others.
    3. Ask for reinforcements via telepathy.
    • A) Magellan
    • B) Assassin
    • C) Both

4. Write-in!
    Last edited by Spartacus; July 1st, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3B, Maggie and this other Servant are already acquainted and should be able to get along just fine. If the person ahead knows Kenshin then just having her is going to be a poor bet. Furthermore Kenshin is a more straightforward combatant so Best Daughter should be able to provide an edge that the enemy won’t see coming, classic pinser movement will get them from both ends.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 1st, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

3B. Herme's argument is convincing so let's go with it.