Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    21 Hours remaining until SFA invades El-Dorado Base.

Year: 2022
    Daytime: Day

Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Great
    Magical Energy: Excellent

Party Status

Field:
    Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Good

Assassin

Uesugi Kenshin

Reserve:
    Alexander Graham Bell
    Health: Good

(BGM)

Assassin was waiting for the inevitable Kenshin's scolding after the latter told her to not insult the king and promised her for it. She currently constructs an excuse as fast as she can. But the event that comes next saved her from that, or at least postpone it for the time being.

The bowman crashes creating rubbles below the king's throne. His body no longer there, as a dead Servant doesn't leave a corpse to mourn. Both the king and Assassin, whom just exchanging the lowest and ineffective form of diplomacy, is surprised beyond words can express.

"Archer...?"

(That's the guy that almost got me...!)

Those responsible for the havoc --- these Chaldean heroes, simply walks pass the ordinary soldiers as they have no business with them, nor they plan to claim a single human life. Chaldea's mission is always to protect humanity above all else but collateral damages are not in their consideration by miles.

There are two heroes stand in front of them. One is a young lady with no noticeable feature except her cheerful orange hair, grinding a black gear designed with both functionality and style in mind. Second is a stern-looking knight radiating medieval vigor, clad in self-mocking and shineless dark armor. While one can undoubtedly see they have been injured by the earlier battle, the fact they merely suffer minor injuries after defeating three Servants show their league is beyond.

The king, whom seconds ago have transparent hubris now gawk cluelessly as his kingdom that he carefully builds for years falls in the span of minutes. Even our Assassin that got infuriated by his behavior visibly sympathize.

Looking left and right, the bright lady noticed both Assassin and the king. As she is a professional that has been in this situation too many to count, she addresses the issue right away.

"As you can guess, we are from Chaldea. I come here to fix this Singularity and collect the Grail-like-whatever that caused it." Seeing the tall throne, it doesn't bear much time for her to figure out he is the one responsible. "You are the boss then?"

"Indeed I am. I am the one responsible for it." The king answers them bluntly as he stands from his chair, keeping the mask of a sovereign despite being distraught the most.

"Well, will you peacefully give up this Singularity?"

"This is the second time a young woman demand baffling non-sense. It seems women from the so called Old World are dimwits compared to ours."

"Figures..."

After letting a small sigh escape from her lips, she held her head high in confidence.

"Saber, let's start with a quickie!" With her shout, the purple knight that should be walking next to his Master, suddenly gone and is now in front of Assassin.

"Wait, why me?!"

Assassin able to stop his blows with her blade barely in time, but the combined weight of the great sword and the user's speed easily overwhelmed her. The shocks are too great she needs to use both of her hand to simply balance herself, and that's happened in every single swing.

"Lady, grant me a favor and let me end you as painless as possible."

"Shit!"

Blows after blows her fingers are tested on their utmost limit. Above all, the knight isn't merely relying on physical prowess alone. His arching slashes are even more refined than Kenshin's, his movement is clearly calculated to shake both of the opponent's confidence and footing. Every single blow, the man seemingly learns rapidly how to deal with her.

She knows fighting in the contest of strength will be the doom. She aimed her blade-hiding foot to his chin. He able to dodge the kick easily, but it gives Assassin the chance to use the second leg to gain momentum and roll backward, distancing herself from close combat.

"Hey, you are full of surprise, Just like our ninja! Wait, you are a ninja!" Say the Master far behind her Servant.

"What's the meaning of this? There is a Master beside you..." Assassin complains to me as she talks through telepathy.

"Uhh, I'm the only Master in this war and presumably the only one capable of granting a wish in this Holy Grail War. In the past, there were other different Grail Wars and multiple Masters. Anyway, among the most dangerous and still active, there is the Master of Chaldea. She is a person that capable of commanding hundred of Servants!"

"No, I know about the past Grail Wars and multiple Masters. But this is contradictory what I have been told." She thought that she barely knew anything about this world. Besides the basic knowledge like Master-Servant relationship and mechanics, she is not provided with any info.

"Come to think of it, I know jack about this war..." She murmurs but also thought this is not the time for that.

"King of El-Dorado!" This time, I directly transmit my voice as Bell already ruined our cover anyway. "My Servant's unnecessary rudeness aside, don't you think you really-really need our power right now?"

The king is hesitant to agree, "I don't think so--"

"Really, with three of your Servants being defeated in a span of minutes? You really don't need our help?!"

"An alliance will suffice--"

"Be my vassal. Your entire Faction- join me, and we will lend a helping hand."

"Outrageous---!!! Your rudeness knows no--"

"Are you sure you are going to allow everything demolished by them here?! SFA is coming next, this is simply an appetizer!"

"Khhh---Damn it, damn it!!!" Fortuitously, the man loudly laughs at his circumstance. "Hahahahaha!! Alright, alright! At least for the present, I will ally myself with you!"

"Eh? What? Err.. deal then!" I was caught off guard with his mood swing and how fast that went, but I think I should ignore that for the time being. Knowing we are going to fight together, I add another for Assassin. "Fight together with him. Hang in there, we are on the way!"

The Chaldea team shift their sight to another enemy they will fight, but the king of El-Dorado --- Lancer, he is no longer in his chair. He seemingly disappears from their sight, despite they clearly able to see Assassin-class Servant in front of them. Their experience dictates them to never rules out impossibility, as Servant themselves are a violation of common sense made manifest.

And they are right, the king seemingly stands still in the air, not flying, but standing. If his regal clothing doesn't give the impression before, now this sight unmistakenly radiating Inti's divine heritage.

Contrary to his majestic display, the man looks extremely frustrated as everything goes to worse in the span of a single day, he glares to Chaldea with the same expression when he heard Bell's voice. An expression that wishes for their immediate destruction.

Gripping his spear downward, magical energy suddenly flows within as the veins in his arms are visibly expanding. He then jumped below, gaining powerful momentum and hurl his spear to the purple Saber coupled with a loud cry. "HAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!"

But even so, that strength alone is not enough to overwhelm the knight. Saber who has been fighting with only one arm before using both of his hands to gain more strength and return the king into the realm of Kon. The immediate clash between the two heavyweight fighters caused the ground below to crack open.

The king is surprised that the strength he proud of was not enough, but the knight and his Master are equally confused as the king returns walking in the air as if ascending on a staircase to heaven.

The purple knight jumped high to strike the king of El-Dorado, but Assassin intercepts him with her katon no jutsu, ninja art that mixes both regular bombs and flame magecraft. But unlike Shingen, the knight waves his great sword creating a shock of wind, extinguishing her flames. It's a move not from someone that reliant on their innate resistance, but someone that has worked with another user before.

"What are you people doing?! Attack what you can attack!"

The king shouts to his soldiers, and they ready their guns to barrage the Master that standing far behind.

"Yes, Apu!"

As they are going to spray her with bullets; she took a glance at the gun's trajectory, quickly runs as fast as she can, took a dive and hides behind a wall of the nearest hangar. What she did is very ordinary compared to the Servants, but being able to react in time to dodge bullets is very impressive. It is not something one can simply train to achieve, she must be in constant danger and survive all of them to be able to run that fast without any magical and artificial assistance.

"Oh, c'mon!" She screams in annoyance while shielding her head with her arms.

Confirming the knight's overwhelming strength, both Assassin and the king change their gameplan to ranged one. Now hidden behind the narrow alley, she took a musket from her skirt and aim to his Master's head. Concurrently, the king changes his spear into a sling as he swirls it and launches a precise shot to the knight from above.

"Master!" The attack should be fatal for any other Servant, as being given a choice to suffer a fatal wound or let his Master being shot. But instead, he deflects both of the attacks beautifully, albeit with his maximum effort. "Haaaa!!!"

"I think it is safe to say that unlike before, these guys are new Servants we never fought. Da Vinci-chan, can you help please? Eh, you are already on it from the very start? As expected from you!"

How about no?

Seemingly contacting her far away ally, she requested their support. The moment she tried to reach Chaldea, a powerful shockwave travels in the air and her communication device lost all of its signals, It was Bell's almighty jamming wave he uses during New Japan Invasion.

"Hello, hello?! Da Vinci-chan? Not again..."

She can't help but sigh a little. How many times has she lost contact with the HQ on the crucial moment now? How many times did they assure her that it has been upgraded to prevent loss of contact, yet some new enemy has a way to get around it?

But there is also a question to their enemy. How many times do they succeed beating Chaldea with all of the advantages they gather?

"Ahh, dang it. Seems' we gonna do another quest blind. Can't be helped. Saber, bust' them like you mean it, I'll reinforce you!"

As she says, her tactical looking gear glows and mana flows within the knight.

"If aiming at my Master is the way you play, then..."

He burst into the alley and lands a very mighty blow to Assassin. This time, Assassin needs to use both her sword and musket in X-shape to defend from the blow. She then proceeds to once again jump back and gain a distance while launching her chained-scythe to the knight.

Spoiler:

But the knight catches the iron chain, as unnatural veins creep through the steel. Assassin notice that he now take control of it as she was pulled and slammed into the nearest concrete. It was so forceful that the concrete barely slowed it down, break it through and crash-landed in one of the helicopters as it immediately goes nuclear.

"---!!!!!!"

wise up!

Assassin (Stunned)
    Health: Excellent--->Poor

Assassin is shocked, both literally and figuratively, as her spiritual body is physically traumatized and she was taken by surprise that the powerful Saber can grow even stronger.

The haughty Assassin that often fights in a way her class shouldn't be while remains fighting dirty has been completely outclassed.

"Ass-chan!", "Assassin!"

Magellan and Kenshin rush to the scene as they strike the man in unison to defend her from being finished off. It took them less than 5 minutes to come into her rescue due to unfamiliarity with the base interiors, but that is overly long to hold someone in his level.

There is the need to remind them that this man takes out three Servants that have been described by Assassin as 'Kenshin-level or stronger' in minutes by an unknown mean. The fact that Assassin able to hold him off long enough is something she should rejoice.

Magellan strikes her sabre to the knight, her strikes are too unrefined for him to take it as a threat. It's not because Magellan is an amateur in combat, but she falls short in comparison with swordsmen that dedicate their life with the way of the sword. But with Kenshin around, Magellan attacks become more coordinated as she follows her instructions to simply be a distraction.

"Fighting three ladies on the same day, you all making this difficult."

"Oh, well then. Can you give us ladies a handicap?" , "I have a long lecture for her about how to behave. I will not let her die!"

"I'm sorry. But right now, I have another lady waiting for me!"

The purple knight ready a mighty blow, but Kenshin see through him and aim for his head. He parries Tsuru easily, which Kenshin decided to attack his unprotected joint. She did so almost randomly and orderless, combined with the narrow area they are fighting in, the knight is in defensive for a second.

However, the knight learned quickly the best way to engage her is not to anticipate her blows, but to not give her an opening in the first place. He grips his sword with both hands, attacking her with the finest display of chivalry a knight has and put Kenshin's bushido into a trial. His swordplay was magnificent, thunderous and potent; that he almost stroke Kenshin by a hair, as the wall behind her split into two.

"Such swordsmanship!"

"Kenshin... I know it's obvious by now, but I can't read that sword. It's something a human can't simply craft by themselves! What's more, exchanging blows with it may broke me in the long run!" Warns Tsuru.

"Die already!!" Magellan slashes her sabre, but again hers doesn't even troubling to evade. Instead of engaging in a hopeless contest of everything, Magellan kicks his knees which accomplish nothing but his frustration.

"Cheap trick---!"

Seeing the infuriated knight, Kenshin goes for the decisive slashes. But he quickly regains his footing and decided to snatch her sword-wielding arm with his left hand.

"Let me borrow that Japanese sword, swordswoman!"

Spoiler:

"What...! What?!" Screams Tsuru as she felt something overwhelming. It's like she no longer in possession of herself, no longer have Kenshin as her owner.

"The sword can speak...?"

"Let her go!!"

From his hand, there are veins of magical energy creeping to Himetsuru. Knowing that means bad news, Kenshin called for a backup and Magellan shots her bullets. He releases her hand to evade it and instead delivers a wide swing which blown away the two.

No matter how many times they try and strategize, the dark knight continues to shine in invincible triumph.

"Even the three of us is not enough...!"

wise up!

Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent ---> Great

Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Excellent ---> Great

This sensation of powerlessness reminds Kenshin to the first year of this war. An overwhelming power difference that completely thrown away even the reality-defying superhumans like her, someone that in life mistaken as a god. She remembers the Emperor --- Caster of Phoenix Empire ridiculous almighty spells and immortality, a member of those whose existence can only be explained as fantasy by modern men, the people of myth.

While it is true that under Servant containers, their parameters can be equal or even greater. What has been engraved in their legends are far beyond someone whose existence is very grounded in reality. And this man specifically, is an A-class even among the gallery of A-class.

"Master...!"

The knight wants to defeat them for real, but he notices that his Master is being alone with an enemy and rushes to her aid. The two relentlessly chase and annoy him.

And just when he finally neutralizes them for a while, something stopped him from advancing.

"The preparation is complete. At least I can comment on you people buying me time." Says the king of El-Dorado as he pours his own drink to the ground like some sort of a ritual.

"...!"

The knight is unable to tell what's going on, as he bumped into a very strong invisible force. He tried to force his way by slashing it, and it does feel like his sword budges the unseen object a little. It feels different from a wall, it is solid as steel but it has some sort of flexibility, the same feeling when he slashes a mail wearer.

But before he can continue, the king grips his hand and the knight is tangled by the same hidden instrument as he commands. The knight tried to gather all of his power, but it continues to constrain him with its immense weight. "What is this-?!"

"I will not let you escape! Not after you destroyed my most realistic chance to strike back!"

Around the same time Kenshin and Magellan come to rescue, I try to take the enemy's Master out. Having heard that the Master of Chaldea is not a very good magus and her Servant is being busy with the others, I decided to approach the building she currently hides and plans to fight her head-on.

Wise up!

Fujimaru Ritsuka:

Magical Energy: Normal

She seemingly takes cover behind a wall, overwhelmed by the automatic rifles. Continuing to yells 'Da Vinci-chan! Da Vinci-chan!' to no avails, as I know the culprit behind that is someone that rule over telecommunication. She then notices I was nearby and stopped trying to contact her HQ.

We recognize each other in the eyes, and she is the one that initiated the conversation as she saw my (useless) Command Spell.

"Ah... so you are the rumored 'Sole Master In The World.' As a fellow girl-Master, nice to meet you!"

"'Nice to meet you'... uhh."

"Well, don't you find meetings another Master exciting? It's a rare occurrence for me too."

Her carefree demeanor caught me by surprise, as I come here expecting someone more... senior-like. When someone is dubbed as a hero, the first thing enters my mind are those middle-aged comic book superheroes. But judging from her look, we are around the same age.

So this is how a proper Master that saved humanity countless times is like. A person that by a twist of fate, chosen to carry the responsibility that weight an entire world, no, an entire future.

I thought that by chance, this person would be...

Never mind that, I'm going to fight her, fight her!

But it feels wrong to attack someone so nice without any excuses... Maybe I should try to shift our exchange into professional-like?

Wait, the fact that I need an excuse in the first place is already terrible...

"We have business with this place. I can't let you destroy everything here."

"What do you mean? This place is a Singularity, it will cause more harm than good. Trust me."

"For now at least, can you retreat? You can come back later."

"That can't do. The director will scold me for that!"

"I don't want to force you."

"I can say the same."

"..."

"..."

Not knowing what to say anymore, we silently look at each other for a while. Until I fired a bolt of "Via!" to her face, but she readies her finger, pointing at me and fires her "Gandr!" Our bullets crash with each other, it seems the output is almost the same. I rapidly fire my Via to her, but she answers similarly with a rapid Gandr.

In a battle between magi, it is crucial to gauge how much the enemy can do. Observing how the enemy fires their spells, are they being reckless or not, what kind of spells they have, etc. With all of those in consideration, one can gauge how much their circuits can take and how much freedom their spells allow.

With me directly connected to the leyline and the ability to read enemy's status Dream Shroud left to me, I believe I possess more energy to spare than her. Which means a battle of endurance is the most advantageous.

"Via! Via! Via!"

Combines my rapid fires and advantage on three-dimensional maneuvers with Via and Populus, I able to pressure her. After a while, she stopped intercepting our projectiles. She decided to shatter the window like an American movie protagonist instead of firing another. And with that, I concluded she possesses no defensive measure and is trying to conserve her magical energy.

Wise up!

Fujimaru Ritsuka:

Magical Energy: Normal--->Poor

As she is directed to the open area, I can use that one spell which will hurt like hell.

"I'm sorry about this one!" I throw a card to her, but of course, she simply evades to the side without trying. But that doesn't matter, as that card is no other than "Tristia." The strongest single target spell I can do with a single card.

The card immediately glows blue. Without the Elliwyn formula, Crest and my cards; this spell may need longer incantations to works.

In no time, a small cumulonimbus formed. The sky flashes immediately and an arching arrow launched from the cloud, followed with a deep rumble.

A literal thunder strikes the card on the ground. Simply put, Tristia act as a marker to attract thunder in the sky and everything in its path will be stroke without mercy. By angling where the card is thrown in conjunction with the location of the cloud, I can direct it without risking a friendly fire. And the Chaldea's Master suffers a direct hit straight to her chest.

wise up!
    Lestari Elliwyn

Magical Energy: Excellent--->Good

If she is really from Chaldea, I believe that amounts will not kill her.

"Whooaa, that shocks me!" But she stands unscathed, other than the fact she is completely frightened being struck by lightning.

"How...?"

"General Terrain Uniform. Tacticool right? I'm the one designed how it looks!" She says that proudly as she pout her chest lightly and swirls many Gandr bolts on her fingers.

"If that Mystic Code is so almighty, why did you exchange bolt of bullets and evade my attacks...?"

She tilts her head, and then scratch it lightly.

"Umm... reflect? I guess?" The soldiers proceed to fire another barrage. She once again simply sprints and dive rolls to the side with all of her might. Anticipating that it is not enough to evade them all, she fires the Gandr swirl from earlier to the ground. It generates powerful shock and lets physic do the rest for her to evade it. "Ohh, piss off!!"

Fujimaru Ritsuka of Chaldea. She may not be a trained magus, but if it's about combat experience and on-site practice, she is first-rate among the first-rates.

The only way to fight her is a full-on bloodlust...

But do I have what it takes? Against someone who has done nothing wrong to me like her?

No, I am a magus. I can't let her destroy El-Dorado when my goal is to unite the Factions in a way that all parties can be satisfied, and they can stop bothering me with their crap.

If defeating her means I get what I want, then I will do so without hesitation!

"S-Saber?!" Noticing that her Servant is immobilized, she comments. "Why are you flying in the air all tighten up like that? Kinky! Get a room!"

"Please, this is not the time!"

Looking at the sky, the king stands triumphantly as he seemingly grabbing the air with all of his might. While the mechanism behind what he has done is unknown, it's clear the man is the one responsible for stopping Chaldea's Saber.

I don't get what's going on, but now I respect you. King Lancer!
    Servant Wise up!

El-Dorado Lancer:

STR B+
    AGI B
    END C
    LCK C
    MGI C
    NP B++

Chaldea Saber:

Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Normal

STR B (A)
    AGI B (A)
    END A (A+)
    LCK B (A)
    MGI C (B)
    NP A++

Master Wise up!

Lestari:

Tristia

Latin for "Sorrow". The figure resembles a broken arch or a stake being driven into the ground. It is bad in most cases and connotes sadness or mourning. Astrologically it is associated with Aquarius and Saturn. Tristitia is an unfavorable figure in almost all questions, usually representing pain and suffering. However, it is favorable in questions dealing with stability, building, or the Earth (such as agriculture). Its outer element is air and inner element is earth.

The nature of Tristia being generally represent bad fortune allows Lestari to exploit it as powerful offensive spell. In case of electricity, the most dangerous form of it is indeed natural thunder. While it has an inner Earth element that compatible with Lestari's, it still is hard to control as the arching thunder is governed by the outer Air element.

Magical Energy costs: 8 circuits

Fujimaru Ritsuka:

Chaldea's General Terrain Uniform

A very tactical and functional uniform, but still rocking stylish mini skirt!

It seems its allow the user to fire multiple Gandr like a mini gun and reinforce Servant with it. It made with the finest material, allowing the clothes to absorb 50% of physical impact in conjunction with automatic reinforcement spell. It also has an unexplained ability to resist powerful spells such as Lestari's Tristia.

Choice!

Assassin is heavily wounded and stunned. A reminder that you can always swap your frontline with Servant in the backrow!

What should the gangs do?

Assassin:
    - Stunned for 1 turn

Kenshin:
    1] Fight Chaldea Saber
    2] Fight Master of Chaldea

Magellan:
    1] Fight Chaldea Saber

Lestari:
    1] Fight Chaldea Saber
    Last edited by Spartacus; October 6th, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kenshin:
    1] Fight Chaldea Saber

Magellan:
    1] Fight Chaldea Saber

Lestari:

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kenshin - 1
    Magellan - 1
    Lestari - 2
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Same here

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Lestari Elliwyn

Party Status

Field:
    Ferdinand Magellan

Assassin (Stunned)
    Health: Poor

Uesugi Kenshin

Reserve:
    Alexander Graham Bell
    Health: Good

(BGM)

"Magellan, this is a chance!"

"Right!"

I'm unsure is this a good judgment or not, but I decided not to switch her out with Bell as I believe his combat capabilities can't be counted on. If he is troubled fighting Kenshin, fighting Lancelot will end badly. I gamble that Magellan and Kenshin can keep him busy until she wakes up.

Confirming my decision and seeing the knight being entangled by an invisible force, both Magellan and Kenshin didn't waste any second. They quickly get up and rush to the man.

"Damn it!" The knight struggles.

No matter how strong and fine he is being locked from movement makes him unable to break free. A knight true strength is in his swordplay, robbing his access to it will remove more than half of their combat power. And this man is no different.

"Stay where I desire you to stay!"

Every time the knight jerks, the king increases his grips. Veins were visibly expanding. His arms, in particular, grow almost twice in volume. He absolutely knows the knight is a far more capable fighter than all of the Servants presents combined, he will not permit him to regain his superior footing.

Meanwhile, I keep chasing Fujimaru Ritsuka and maintain my pressure. Having seen her mystic code able to resist my Tristia, I decided to fight her from another approach. I was stilted at first seeing she can tank spells like that, but I also quickly find a solution.

"Stop throwing! I say stop throwing everything to me!"

"Sorry, you are good! So not a chance!"

Concretes, boulders, porcelains, shards, steels. All of them are generated from the Servants' wake. Magnetizing all of them using my Via and Populus and bombard them to her rapidly. She has no choice but to reinforce herself and run as fast as she can. None of them has hit her so far but keeping her busy from reinforcing her Saber is my game plan all along.

But all of us missed one basic detail.

"Ahh, drats!"

It is an answer above all answers. An answer that all of the participants in a Holy Grail War should consider them first before anything else.

Something so blatant and obvious. Yet just like the idea of Chaldea entering the war, all of us brushes it off because it never happened until now.

We participants of this worldwide Grail War are too accustomed to fighting without one, something that I should be privileged normally.

And I can only curse its uselessness as she shows its supposed almighty power.

"Saber, I order you...!"

"Oh no, no, NOT THAT! That just bullshit!"

The symbol in Fujimaru Ritsuka's right-hand glow in a crimson blaze.

It shines in a relative brightness but to me, it is as illuminating as a red moon. And her lips follow rhymingly as she grants a simple devastating order.

"Use my Command Spell to break free with your Noble Phantasm!!"

With that call, the knight's greatsword shines in radiant vivid. An overwhelming torrent of magical energy floods the legendary sword's tip ready to break free.

The invisible force binding him is no softer than human flesh to its indiscriminate might. In less than 10 seconds the bind is melted by the blade's sheer hotness. In front of him there is Kenshin, caught off guard from the sudden command.

"
    Arondight-
    Breaking All Restraint ---
    "

He is now free. The knight holds his legendary sword with both arms as he grips it with all of his might.

And Kenshin is right in front of his shooting range.

"
    -Overload
    Overflowing Light of the Lake!!!
    "

This Servant Saber is among the strongest. The Noble Phantasm name alone is a melting statement of instant defeat.

And with a mighty swing, the sword stabs cleanly to human flesh. Followed next, the scenery is drowned in the lake of white oblivion. It was not a gigantic pillar of light but more akin of a concentrated pure mass. But even so, the force is so great that it still devastate a few blocks behind.

But the one that receives his swing is not his original target.

(BGM END)

"Magellan...?"

wise up!
    Ferdinand Magellan

Skill Active:
    - Battle Continuation
    - Unyielding Will

Health: Great--->Critical

The admiral stands as she grits her teeth. Her mouth is bloody, her eyes turn blood red. Her left shoulder is opened wide, so wide that her left-hand hangs down flailing. But what is frightening...

"aaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!!!!"

She grabs her left arm with her right hand, stomps her feet as strong as she wants to shake the very core of Earth, and forcibly put her left arm back as she slams it to its original position.

"I don't care."

She panting heavily.

"I don't care. I don't care. I DON'T CARE! WE ARE GOING THROUGH THIS ALIVE!"

Chaldea Saber blinks and still.

He is both confused and amazed by the enemy he engaged. He has battled many heroes in the past. Survived one - yes, but never he met a hero with such life force. He wonders, what kind of legend these enemies that he absolutely destroyed in the majority of the fight possess?

"Amazing. That is a hero for you."

And it is not just him, even the king, Bell and Fujimaru Ritsuka are astonished from the mad hero in front of them. Even I and Kenshin, her allies, needs time to digest what we saw. I already know Magellan's main assets are not her combat prowess, but her sheer tenacity. This is the second time I saw this scenery. Back in New Japan, I saw her survived being shot in the head. This time, she survived a point-blank Noble Phantasm.

"AaaaaAAAAaaaGhhHHHH!!! Damn it all!"

Magellan grabs her sabre and ready to advance again, but I can't let her take more damage than this!

"KEN- SABER!!!"

"I KNOW!"

This time, it's Kenshin's turn to grabs Magellan away from the enemy and returns her to my side. I ended my chase on Fujimaru Ritsuka as I rush to their side. Following after, she grabs the unconscious Assassin's body to me. She lined both of them next to each other. And seeing the two's heavily wounded bodies...

They must go through this horrible thing because of me...

"I'm really sorry...! I'm really sorry you two! If only I make a better judgment, If only I am a competent Master! I---!"

"I... I'm so careless... I said that your life is higher priority back in the base and yet..." Kenshin kneels down and grabs Magellan's hand, as she knows someone pays the price for her to stands unscathed.

"It's not your guys' fault, stuff like this happens all the time. Besides, I did promised you everyone going through this alive, remember? It is simply logical for the most durable among us to take the hit- Ughh!!!"

Magellan's body jerk against her will. As she finally feels fully the damage done to her body as her monstrous adrenaline rush dropped down and shock her. She limps her entire body to hold off the pain.

"Please don't move any more!"

But still, it is a miracle that only her shoulder being harmed. Normally, Magellan is not someone this fast to react in such a small time frame. If I remember her failed attempt to disarms Tsarina. There must be outside influence that allows her not only to shield Kenshin on time but also to evade the swing straight in her chest.

"This is my world. As long all of you remain an ally to an Inca, even a frail boy can run fast."

The king of El-Dorado continues being full of surprise.

For an empire that comparatively behind in technology at the time, the Inca is well-known for its unique and effective engineering. Among many, the most remarkable one is their road system --- qhapaq ñan. The Inca will utilize natural contours and shortcut bridges to relay information, mobilize troops and distribute goods at incredible speed. The road plays the most pivotal role in the Inca Empire's long prosperity and successful conquests.

That feat is immortalized and conceptualized as a bounded field designed to increase the running speed of the empire's allies. Even those without swift legs can be as fast as an Olympic so long the king grants his blessing. And unknown to us, it was applied the moment we are agreed to assist him. Perhaps under a normal circumstance, we will be too late to assist Assassin from being defeated.

Still, we can't say we can be confident that we can evade such an attack all the time. Without that 10 seconds bought by the king's invisible chain, even such speed will not be enough. Considering that the knight defeats three of them that should gain the same speed buff...

"So that Servant is Lancelot du Lac..."

"That's quite the name..." Says Kenshin.

Anyone with a slight interest in mythology definitely has heard the name Lancelot of the Lake, the best knight among the legendary Round Table. The English legend of King Arthur is perhaps the most famous myth out there. It was said that he is the superior warrior in terms of swordsmanship even to King Arthur himself.

And those who have researched the past Holy Grail War should know the full extent of his abilities. This Servant possesses many Noble Phantasms compared to his fellow knight compatriots. He able to grab any weapons from mere stick to automatic rifle and level them to Noble Phantasm. He possesses a powerful sword that can destroy those dragon kinds like Kenshin during her Echigo no Ryu state. He also able to hide his parameter and made himself unrecognizable which is the reason why I don't instantly recognize him.

"But this too..."

Dream Shroud's ability that allows me to see parameters instantly is too convenient. It even bypasses his concealing Noble Phantasm and allows me to see through him without inaccuracy. While it is not an immediate solution, knowing this beforehand is the reason why Magellan and Kenshin can hold him for some durations in the first place.

Knowing his ace in the hole fail, Lancelot regroups to his Master.

"...!!!" Fujimaru Ritsuka is horrified as her eyes shaken, but then quickly brace herself. "We underestimate these guys...!"

"What should we do, Master?"

Knowing full well about what kind of person his Master is, Lancelot asks.

"As long that Lancer is around, he will immobilize you with his unknown power. We should take him down as a priority. But we can't exactly approach him without figuring his abilities first. Did he stop you with petrifying eyes? No, he doesn't even gaze you with his eyes. It seems what binds you is an actual physical object but..."

The Master of Chaldea makes a quick analysis of the situation as she explores her vast library of knowledge called: past experience.

"Without Da Vinci-chan's insight, we are at a disadvantage. First, we need to take down the guy that jammed us to get her back online. Yes, the Servant responsible is hiding not far from here."

She was talking about Bell, which currently contributes to the fight by jamming their connection to Chaldea as he can't physically join the battle.

And Bell didn't stay silent being targeted like that.

"Oh? I would like you to try, Chaldea. I'm not sure you are capable to slay me, however."

He purposefully opens his screeching metallic voice for all to hear. What he is trying to do with such a strong Saber, considering Kenshin easily overwhelmed him? I don't think I capable to materialize him to defend himself even if I force myself either. It would be different if he connected to this place's Mana Reservoir, but that's not the case here.

"I guess we must play very very smartly this time."

"I agree, Master. We can't hold back against these people. They are warrior worthy of my respect --- a proud Knight of The Round Table."

With that said, she channels everything she has to Lancelot. She looks at her left arm, with two Command Spells left in hand.

And once more it starts to glow as she raises her hand.

"I'm afraid we are in no shape to engage them again."

Says Bell to us, contradicting his provocation.

"We still have a round two...?"

My legs shake.

Even with me directly connected to the leyline and my superior magecraft capability, it still falls short compared to her Command Spells that can be used to fire a devastating Noble Phantasm.

And she has two more. Meaning there is still round three.

Learning Saber's True Name and by extension, his entire capability doesn't help me much. If anything, I am at lost. With the only possible choice to defeat him is having Kenshin at her full strength, but she gains a dragon kind aura as a result which is a very bad match against his dragon-slaying sword. Not to mentions, there is no real way to reach that output to begin with.

Assassin is not gonna wake up anytime soon. Magellan is heavily wounded. Bell can only attack with soundwaves which can be brute-forced by someone like Lancelot, not to mentions his other Noble Phantasm is virtually inaccessible as he only has one body in Peru. And we can't count on El-Dorado Lancer's invisible bind and speed increase anymore now they learn about it.

Knowing this will end very badly for us, I am tempted to use my strongest offensive spell. But I need to save it against the incoming SFA Archer that unreachable from the ground. But that also doesn't mean a thing if we don't survive this. And it definitely means nothing against someone on Lancelot's level nor do it guarantee to defeat her mystic code.

Then, a new actor decides to step in.

El-Dorado Caster

"Halt, all of you!"

A tanned man, dressed in a white and gold holy garment shout vehemently. He arrives descending from the air like the king of El-Dorado but the heavenly wear gives the image of an archangel more than a Mesoamerican deity.

"Caster... So you still alive."

"With a string of luck and thanks to your request, my King."

El-Dorado Caster then proceeds to bow. Despite the difference in custom, he calls and honors him in a way that very familiar to us from Eurasia supercontinent. The king, of course, has been provided information by the Reservoir knows the meaning of such gesture. He feels relieved that at the very least, one out of four Servants he gathered from this tiny Singularity has survived.

"Another one..."

Seeing Caster joining the fray, even Fujimaru Ritsuka is taken aback. Fighting the three Servants before already quite takes much energy and Lancelot's Noble Phantasm achieves virtually nothing. And without Chaldea's analysis, their prospect keeps getting low and bleak.

"Let's go full reckless, Lancelot. It's all or nothing."

"...I agree."

She gulped all of her fear into oblivion as her Servant draws his Noble Phantasm once more.

No matter what challenging them, they will never give up on their mission to protect humanity. Even if the odd is slim, even if there is no realistic way. They will stake anything and keep trying for the sake of their endless goal, subverting even fate.

"This is the end, Chaldea. Please, all of you stop fighting with each other."

El-Dorado Caster proclaims as he raised both of his hands in the air.

"You don't know that," retorts Fujimaru.

Irritated with her stubbornness, his tone rises a little higher and blunt. "No, this is the end. There is no reason for us to fight anymore."

Hearing that, everyone present including the king, puzzled as they stare the man in confusion. "They are a powerful enemy. We need to end them at once." the king adds.

"Listen to me. I said stop fighting!"

It should be noted that, upon Caster's arrival, no one has crossed their blade. "Listen, we just-," only their words have been raised but that's not enough to convince him, or they are not convinced enough to end their battle completely. If one wants to argue the semantics of their action which is ill-advised against him.

"I SAID STOP FIGHTING! THERE IS NO SINGULARITY TO DEFEND OR DESTROY ANYMORE!"

"Look-" no one knows whose voice that belongs to.

"USE YOUR EARS FOR ONCE! DON'T YOU HEAR ME? NO MORE SINGULARITY!!!"

"That's why explain your-" Not this one either.

"WE ARE ALREADY BACK ON 2022!!!!!!!!!!!"

Caster shouts and shouts, more and more, again and again. He continues until everyone is calmed down, or more accurately- he calmed down.

"Ahem." He stopped. "Now, let's talk this with a cool head alright?"

Knowing the fight end, our legs are relieved as we fall down to our knees. I am unsure what will happens if we continue this fight, aware that my Servants are no match against Lancelot.

Surprisingly, even those from Chaldea seems relieved as they immediately fall flat on the ground.

Choice!

Hey, you have five of EC Caster's almighty healing potions. It can instantaneously heal a character's health by 2 ranks per each bottle. Please remember it can't heal a lost limb.

[1] Should Lestari heal Assassin? If yes, how many she should use?
    [2] Should Lestari heal Bell? If yes, how many she should use?
    [3] Should Lestari heal Magellan? If yes, how many she should use?
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 23rd, 2024 at 06:49 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Two for Assassin, one for Bell. Keep the others in reserve just in case.

Blog Entries
    2 on Magellan
    1 on Assassin

Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    2 on Magellan
    1 on Assassin
    Actually, switching to this.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Lestari Elliwyn

"Assassin! Armada! Please hang in there!"

Looking at Assassin's burned body and Magellan's deep wound, I searched for something to heal them. I am not a magus well trained in matters of immediate healing, the closest thing I can do is to burn my wounds to stop them from bleeding. But these two can't be helped by such a primitive way of healing, nor my Magical Energy supplies will heal them fast.

There will be another fight in less than 21 hours. And to survive we must protect ourselves.

For now, let's bring them inside a roof.

"Yeah."

After Bell said that, Kenshin then immediately brings the two's body on her shoulder as gentle as she can and approaches one of El-Dorado's soldiers.

"Where is the nearest infirmary?" She asked. The soldier seems hesitant to answers as they don't know who she is or her true allegiance, at least they want to ask their king's permission first. However, Kenshin didn't give them the option to think as she glares them with her piercing godly aura. "Can't you see this is an emergency?"

The soldier was terrorized to death but thankfully El-Dorado Caster gives him his blessing.

"Guide them, soldier."

"Y-yes, sir!"

He immediately leaves as Kenshin follows him. I look at the man and bow to express my gratitude. "Thank you, I really appreciate your understanding."

Caster who seemingly has anger issues as his first impression smiles gently. "No problem. But I must say she is still problematic as always."

"She...?"

"Just an idle thought. Anyway, the King has granted you his blessing to connect with the Reservoir. It will help their natural regenerations once they wake up. Ah, except the metal voice person, he can't access it- ever."

I will refrain to taunt the man as you are now in the state of griefing.

I bow the second time to him and immediately rushes to the infirmary. It seems Bell decided to stay there as he did not follow me.

---

It was fifteen minutes since El-Dorado Caster declared that there is no more Singularity, and the base has returned to its proper time axis. He explained to Chaldea that the cause of the Singularity is a Noble Phantasm utilizing the Mana Reservoir instead of a proper Holy Grail, and there is no real way to collect something as big as it. It seems, for now; everyone accepted a temporary cease-fire as the Chaldea gangs quickly bailout.

"Kenshin!"

"Ah, Master. Do you have a way to heal them?"

As she says that, I saw the two are lying in separate hospital beds. Just like this infirmary which seems very ordinary and designed to houses many wounded soldiers in mind, the beds are barely comfortable. Some medics are giving them first aids treatment, but as expected conventional treatments are barely effective on Servants' spiritual body.

"I do. I just remember we have healing potions."

I immediately come near to them with the potions and the medics seem to understand that they are no longer needed as most of them immediately leaving us alone. If I remember the people back in the ships has a hard time to get these, and it was made by Caster of European Confederation - a doctor Servant.

"I don't understand how magical healing works, but please follow the proper procedure those medicines have before applying it to them."

The word from who I assume is the lead doctor here reminds me of something from the past. I remember that grandpa taught me to keep calm under a frustrating and distressing situation. Which thankfully I can stimulate my brain a little to be more collected.

"R-right, there is a proper procedure."

It looks like very clear water more than anything, but it smells so herby at the same time. But what is important is how to use the potion, which thankfully it has a label similar to typical generic drugs. I read it immediately so I can apply it to them as fast as possible.

"You must be kidding me."

"What is it- Ah..." Kenshin puts her hand in her face.

"..." Even the doctor can't say anything.

How to use the all-curing potion!

Shady! This is very shady! The best doctor in the world is a total moron!

After staring the label in suspicion for five more minutes, we decided (out of option) to polish it on their wounded body. The sole thing that guarantees these potions will work is because the fact we know Caster is a Servant. I can only hope this is not the counterfeit she complains about.

I opened the potion and pitch what is inside on my fingers. The substance doesn't feel like something you expect from proper medicine. They are cold, slippery and wet like oil. Thankfully, all of our doubt is reduced to nothing as its immediately working. They start to sparkle the moment I put them on Assassin's burned body, soon she looks brand new. Thankfully it is the same with Magellan, as the substance sparkle on her opened shoulder and stitch themselves as they formed into membranes. It seems as long you don't completely chop off, this can work on everything.

wise up!
    Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Critical--->Great

Assassin
    Health: Poor--->Good

"Wow, she is not lying about being the best doctor around." Kenshin is surprised.

"Instead of medicine, this is closer to a miracle substance." Says the doctor, as he put his hand up and leave.

"Thank God..." I wonder when will Mystery gone altogether with many people sees magecrafts like this? But still, I can only feel extreme relieve that their lives are saved. At this point, I started to think, does pursuing magecraft still worth something?

"Wow. That almost looks like, let me remember... Pain Breaker."

It was Fujimaru Ritsuka who said that. She waves her hand and smiles as she approached us. Kenshin and I tense ourselves the moment we see Lancelot behind her. We know we aren't in the condition to fight them right now.

However, betraying our expectations...

"I'm sorry for what we have done. Come on, Lancelot, you too." She puts both of her hands in a typical Indian-style hand gesture.

"..." Lancelot seems reluctant. But then he says something befitting of a knight. "When they wake up, say to them that I am willing to duel those fine warriors again." And add something completely unnecessary. "They are pretty too so its pain me to see them bloody."

Fujimaru Ritsuka sees him in utmost disgust, "Blarg."

"Umm..." Still, I am unsure what to say. Especially to the fellow Master since I am the one initiating an offensive to her. Or knowing the reason why the two are in this state because of Lancelot.

She looks at both Magellan and Assassin, then put her arm on Assassin's body as her mystic code uniform glows. "Restore."

"Let me do this as an apology." She says.

wise up!
    Assassin
    Health: Good--->Great

"Why do you do this for us? I should be the one to apologize for attacking you first."

At the very least, I'm glad we are no longer have a reason to fight.

"I can tell they mean the world to you." She has a bitter smile on her face, remembering something far away. "I too, don't want to see something like this. Once you lose someone..."

"Besides, I almost being eaten by monsters before. Attacked by people is hardly new!" She changes the subject as she lightly taps my back.

With such a personality that allows herself to connect with anyone, I can understand how she able to lead hundreds of Servant. Even if her ability as a magus is subpar, she unmistakenly possesses the heart of a hero.

No matter how I see it. My action in this war is absolutely selfish compared to her.

"Anyway, I definitely will not protest on ending a mission with the enemy giving up like this. Having it easy is nice too."

"Master." Cuts Lancelot.

"What is it?"

"We still haven't connected back to Chaldea even after the Singularity end."

"You are right. That's unusual."

"Ah, it was Be- my Caster's doing." Since I know it was Bell's doing, at least I can repay their kindness. "Wait, I'll tell him to cancel it."

I always hear you. Wait for a moment...

As he says, a wave surges in the air and can be felt in our skin.

It is done.

"That's should warp it up."

"..." Fujimaru Ritsuka continues to clicks at her watch-like transmitter. "We still can't connect to Da Vinci-chan yet."

"What? Okay then, Caster. Can you help them again? For real please?"

[I]...? I already terminate it. You want me to turn it off and on again?"/I]

Such a mundane solution from a great inventor that changes the whole world but- "Yes."

Then, a wave travels in the air again, and another one travels again.

Done.

"It still didn't work." Says Fujimaru as she sweating cold while clicking her transmitter rapidly. "...How do we go back home?"

"Are you sure your Caster didn't mess with us?" Lancelot says that with slight intimidation.

"C-Caster?!" Please do something about it, my life is on the line here!

This is peculiar, I swear I haven't do anything yet. Are you Chaldeans sure the Singularity has ended?

"That should be the case..." Fujimaru Ritsuka has checked her transmitter that confirms the year they should be in before, but it clearly displays 'Year: 2022' as she double-checks. "It says 2022, not 2019. We definitely in the present now."

"Wait a minute." Lancelot noticed something. "If a Singularity end, shouldn't we automatically rayshifted back? That's always the case, right?"

"True. Why we still here? Actually, why are we here?"

They explain there is never been a case where a Singularity end, they transported to the real-world alongside the location. It seems the observation machines in Chaldea have installed a fail-safe to forcibly return her once they confirmed a Singularity ended. Such a feature has been installed after they learn the coffin system they employ is inconvenient as it possesses danger if the Singularity is crumbling like in the famous episode of Salomon.

Here is a hypothesis: The reason why Chaldea unable to contact you is they thought you are still in 2019 and doesn't have a clue that you already returned to 2022. It just a matter of time until they try to observe this year to make sure. But now you have a new mystery to think of, why you aren't rayshifted back like it supposed to be?

"This irritating voice-only Caster is correct. Come to think of it, the loud Caster in white is a Servant of this Singularity right? Why he still here?"

She then explains that normally, a Servant summoned by the Grail will disappear once the Singularity has been fixed. And a case like Caster where they stay is an anomaly. El-Dorado Caster just appears a few minutes ago and now bringing yet another mystery. Which I can only ask myself, can we have something straightforward for once?!

"Lancelot. We gotta ask this guy what is going on."

"I agree. We must do it in a haste."

They started leaving the infirmary to ask the detail behind this Singularity or how did Caster can end the Singularity in the first place. But there is something I want to verify.

"Umm, Miss Fujimaru!" I stopped her before she leaves. "How do I become a great person like you? Saving the present and all that?"

She sees me in the eyes and gives a bitter smile. "I recommend you to not be the hero Fujimaru, you will regret it." And leaves the room for real, but not before returning to her original cheerful self and add another for the last. "A tip from a senior in Master-ing: You should have some rest while you can. I'm planning to do that too."

"She is right, Lestari. We still have another fight. Besides, we need to test your dreaming-ability right?" Says Kenshin in a softer tone than usual.

"Ah, right."

"Don't worry about it. Let me and Tsuru handle this for the time being. Unlike you, Servants doesn't need to sleep."

It just one night without sleep but I almost forgot that Dream Shroud leaves such ability to me too. An ability to dream Servants without sharing mine, even those that are not contracted with me, strangely enough.

Listening to both's advice. I lay my head down beside the two unconscious Servants. And the accumulated fatigue from the past two days makes me sleepy in no time.

"Thanks, you guys."

Choice!

Lestari respected Fujimaru Ritsuka (and Kenshin's logic) too much, she overrides your choice whatever she should sleep or not. Now then, what should Kenshin do?

1] Stay here and watch them sleep. Someone needs to protect them.
    2] Go to El-Dorado Caster with Chaldea. We must stay updated with all the information.
    3] Leave Tsuru materialized here while going to El-Dorado Caster's. It's not like normal soldiers can differentiate Tsuru and Servants, they will assume her as one.
    Last edited by Spartacus; November 10th, 2019 at 09:30 AM.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    I'll go for 3. Tsuru can communicate with Kenshin plus Bell's mental link can make sure everybody is informed of trouble on each end fast. And iirc she also has perceptive abilities that would aid her in avoiding incoming danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Half-Blood Master View Post
    I'll go for 3. Tsuru can communicate with Kenshin plus Bell's mental link can make sure everybody is informed of trouble on each end fast. And iirc she also has perceptive abilities that would aid her in avoiding incoming danger.
    Good logic, +1 to this.

Blog Entries
    Mm... I feel like there’s a risk of splitting power with 3 if something happens but it seems safe enough for 3 right now?

Will go with that since it did seem like Kenshin was going to take care of things.

I immediately trust this blonde Caster. /lostcause

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries

Now Revamped!

3. I don't really any better argument for this option or another, so let's go with that.

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    20 Hours remaining until SFA invades El-Dorado Base.

Lestari Elliwyn

Intermission

I arrive in a mysterious place.

For some reason, I can tell that this is my dream. Which means, this is the second time I dream of the Servants' experience.

The first time I don't realize something off. But now there is something that I consciously caught my interest.

When I dreamt about the Servants, I feel like I'm diving through my mind. And as I dive, I become smaller and smaller and becoming atomic like a character from a superhero movie. And going through with it I surf on a river of memories, a stairway of memories; seemingly all connected to mine like a tree.

And the neural stairs are endless, both in its unending steps and uncountable branches. Infinity in every sense of words.

The branches are locked behind equally uncountable doors. Most are closed and some are opened. And among them, there are doors with familiar names engraved on. Names I know like Takeda Shingen and even Alexander Graham Bell; and those who I only know by their nicknames like Tsarina, Leader, King of El-Dorado and the others.

"As expected, Bell's is locked." I wish I can understand him better. It seems he hasn't opened his heart to me despite joining our group.

The opened doors are easier to count, there is only four of them. Oda Nobunaga, Oichi no Kata, Uesugi Kenshin. The last one mysteriously has no name, yet I sense an extreme familiarity from it as I caress it gently with a faint smile in my face.

Curiously enough, I don't see Assassin's anywhere. But I don't believe we haven't forged a strong bond, on the contrary, she is the Servant that promised to be loyal the most.

However, what caught my interest the most is a newly unlocked door, and engraved on it I see the name of my dear friend:

Fernão de Magalhães. Magellan's.

I would like to explore my dream more, but it seems I don't have the luxury to dream any but one.

Choice!

Lestari is in a mysterious world shrouded by countless dreams. However, it seems Lestari recognizes that she is not in the luxury to dream many people this time. By the end of the sleep, you will skip 5 hours of your time.

1] Let's check the door that leads into Magellan's dream.
    2] I don't care about the lack of doors. I want to dream about Assassin's.
    3] I think we shouldn't dream any, it seems risky.

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin

Kenshin decided to join the Chaldea duo for an explanation regarding the Singularity and other info they may miss. She knows there is Bell around, but frankly, she doesn't fully trust him yet. To her, he is simply an ally, not a friend. Working together as a professional, yes, but not entrusting her life to him. And she fully knows well the man can read thoughts, but she doesn't care about him finding that out.

She materializes Tsuru and asks her to guards Lestari and the others. She doesn't think any of the Servants will assault them unless there is an Assassin Servant hiding or something similar, but she confirmed that El-Dorado only has Lancer and Caster present. What she fears are the uninformed soldiers being reckless and rushed in, screaming they have enough of war and other irrationality.

As one would expect, Tsuru being Tsuru complaint about it as she can't fight. She cursed her mercilessly and stutters nervously. Kenshin wonders even to this day why a sword of all things can't fight on her own. The only thing she can do is to read weapon trajectories and throw herself like a boomerang. And she needs more than 20 minutes to convince the mischievous goose spirit for the job.

"You only need to put your meanest face and act haughtily as always if someone approaching the room. They can't tell the difference between Servants and spirits; all of us look powerful to them."

"Meanest face... meanest face... This is not working... Ah, I just need doing my best impression of you. This is working!"

Tsuru then proceeds to laugh from her own impression. Kenshin is not pleased, but she knows this is not the time and just glad she can convince her annoying sword to carry out the task.

So she goes around asking (glaring) the soldiers where Caster currently is, and they pointed out the Servants including their king gathers in a briefing room nearby.

And as she comes in, she sees the King, El-Dorado Caster, Fujimaru Ritsuka, Lancelot and Bell gathers. The briefing room is not up-to-date like New Japan or CC New Hope's. It is also barely wide enough to house a hundred people. It is clear that the room is created with basic functionality alone. They display a map of Cusco projected in an LCD screen, seemingly tries to talk about what they need to do. But it is clear these guys are amateurs in terms of conventional battle and tensions between former mortal enemies continue raising.

"We apologize that we don't understand your circumstance before. But I maintain you shouldn't meddle with time and space regardless."

"Don't you hear me? It's a small Singularity, only a Singularity by function. It doesn't even defy human history more than one minor event!"

The conversation that caught her interest is the talk between El-Dorado Caster and Fujimaru Ritsuka. Which coincidentally, the healthiest discussion compared to the other. For one, the whole Singularity business doesn't feel like one to her, nor do she discovers any difference when it's ended, heck she doesn't know how Singularity supposed to be like. Frankly, everything happened in this land is too bizarre.

"A Singularity by function? Can you fill me in?"

"It seems that El-Dorado purposefully tried to not alter the course of history other than shifting their base from the present time and summoning Servants. Of course, my Master knows too well what happened if we leave small Singularity unchecked protests."

"I see."

The one that responds to her is neither the two, but Lancelot who silently listening. She feels a little anxious talking to him, knowing full well he bested her in every aspect and almost killed her a few minutes ago. But she is an accomplished governor that often swallows her pride for an advantage, this should be no different.

"You don't get it! No matter how minor, once you make a hole in the timeline, it will invite bigger threats!" Says Fujimaru Ritsuka irritatedly.

"It doesn't matter anyway. El-Dorado never has a chance even with those third-rate Servants to begin with."

"No one permits you to speak. Why are you here anyway, you junk?"

The one that cuts in and clearly picking a fight was Bell. Followed after King of El-Dorado snaps back making it very clear he doesn't like Bell's presence here. The sole reason why he holds himself because of his status as Lestari's Servant and honors the alliance they currently have.

Or 'vassal' in Lestari's word but Kenshin knows well she doesn't understand what she talking about.

"Oh, I'm not technically 'speaking' there. I purely generate a series of noises that constructed so well it can imitate speech. But 'speaking', by definition, requires a mouth. In which, I'm sure even a simpleton can understand this body possesses none."

"Cut with the semantics. Answer my question."

"Yes, but you don't permit me to speak. As in 'speaking' in a non-semantic definition, just like what you requested. Though I will be delighted if you grant me the honor."

"I will destroy you..."

The King put his spear an inch below Bell's neck. The great professor's helmet mask shines from the traveling light as if grinning mockingly.

"Bishamonten help me from these people. Can these guys stop with their petty squabbles and set aside their bad blood for now? Please, focus on what's important!" She murmurs.

Kenshin feels frustrated over the fact that these people squabble pettily like children. She questions how they become honored Heroic Spirits worshipped by men. Not remembering the fact that exactly is Lestari's first impression of her back in New Japan.

"SHUT UP! LET ME SPEAK!" El-Dorado Caster shouts frustratedly. Everyone is taken aback and has this 'dude, calm down' written in their face, including his king. "Ahem. Everyone calmed down now?"

If Tsuru is present, she definitely shouts "you are the one need to calm down the most!"

"Let's start with the reason why the base is no longer a Singularity anymore, shall we?"

"I also wanted to ask about that. How could you do so without my consent? There is a limit I excuse your rudeness."

"Yeah. How come I am not rayshifted back the moment we confirm the Singularity ends? Or how do it return to 2022 instead of collapsing in the first place? This whole deal is both too mundane-looking and irregular."

Both the King and Fujimaru Ritsuka asked and decides to caters El-Dorado Caster's very low temper as they use a very calming and meek tone.

"For you my king, you realize that for some reason, our base can be observed and freely entered from the outside, right?"

"Yes, that's odd. As if someone makes a hole on the fabric of time or something."

"That's the first time I heard a Singularity that can be entered from the real world without a rayshift or something similar." Even Fujimaru Ritsuka tilts her head.

"..." Kenshin gulped and stay silent knowing the fact that this is all their group's doing and Magellan's guiltless face appears in her mind.

"Add that the Servants summoned by the Singularity bar me are killed by Chaldea, there is no more reason to keep it around. After all, what we wanted the most from it is to get away from SFA's radar, not altering history."

"Make sense." It seems the King accepts his reasoning.

"I get that you want to strategically get away from your enemy, but I don't buy your earlier explanations that you caused a Singularity with your Noble Phantasms!"

While there is many instances that a Noble Phantasm empowers a Singularity to be more complicated to deal with, it still unreal to her if a single Noble Phantasm can cause a Singularity.

"Not to mention this is the first time the rayshift coordinate is off and we summoned on the sky. That never happened in a long time." Lancelot adds, having high faith in Chaldea's tech.

"Most of it is because of the nature of this Singularity as an El Dorado Legend. A lost city that can't be found, that may not exist, that can't be observed. Well, until now."

The lost city of gold, El Dorado is a city known for being unreachable and unsearchable. If such legend manifest, it makes sense that it throw off any precise pinning tech by nature. The fact that the coordinate only off by hundreds of meters should speak volumes of Chaldea's competence.

"The reason why we can create a Singularity in the first place is because of the King's Noble Phantasm. I can't speak details about it, but it has a property of an El Dorado Legend. Combine that aspect with the unfunctional Holy Grail called Mana Reservoir, you get a Singularity."

"I wasn't even sure that would work." Add the King.

"Mana Reservoir... what the hell are these mysterious Grails?" Fujimaru Ritsuka can only mutter, it seems even Chaldea don't grasp its true nature. But more curiously...

"You able to use the Mana Reservoir other than as a source of Magical Energy?!"

Both Kenshin and Bell are surprised. After all, the reason they are at war, to begin with, is the fact that the Mana Reservoir can't grant any wishes. Frustrated over this, the Servants try to achieve their dream in an old-fashioned way of conquest. The only exception is Nobunaga, who has a functional but empty Holy Grail in her hand as a proxy to channel the Reservoir's energy and has no proper knowledge to use it as a wish-granting machine.

"I don't know why. But when I think about how to get away from SFA Archer's Noble Phantasm, I suddenly hear a voice telling me I can do such a thing. And I am somehow compelled to follow her suggestion."

"A voice? So it simply a gut feeling? Here my opinion of you almost raises even if a little bit." Bell dismisses in disappointment. And the King doesn't retort back, as he agrees with him.

"Anyway, the reason why we return to the present time intact is my Noble Phantasm. I can't speak much about it either, but it carries the property of 'to compare the difference in status and make them equal.' In short, my Noble Phantasm allows me to level the Singularity with the real world, making them an equal so to speak. This also affects the denizen, even me and the Chaldeans."

"...I guess it all makes sense."

Fujimaru Ritsuka is satisfied with El-Dorado Caster's explanation. It answers why the Singularity ended without anything happened. Instead of collapsing and restore the course of the correct history like the usual. It melds the Singularity itself with the correct one making it has no difference with the correct history. She is unsure if the director will take that excuse, but she can only count on Da Vinci's support at this point.

And that also explains why the Noble Phantasm allows a loophole for Caster to remain in service to El-Dorado.

"But I suppose I have another reason why I bring you Chaldeans here. You take down the three Servants we need for defending Cusco from SFA attacks." When he said that, the King look away and tighten his arms in frustration.

"Shit. I don't think much of it and we just Overload them all." Fujimaru Ritsuka glance to Lancelot and the man immediately take a defensive posture, silently protesting that she is as guilty as him.

"That's why I want you guys to help to defend against SFA attack to compensate for our loss. If you agree, you can have our Mana Reservoir."

This time, El-Dorado Caster bows to Fujimaru Ritsuka. As a Heroic Spirit whose name immortalized in history, such action should be too humiliating. But he is a man of conviction above all else, if that's mean for the greater good, he is willing to sacrifice even his own dignity.

Recognizing his determination and him lowering his pride, knowing he does so to protect his people. Fujimaru Ritsuka offers her arm in sincere goodwill as she brightly smiles befitting her status as a hero.

"I suppose it can't be helped. If there are civilians involved, we just can't turn a blind eye. It isn't like we can go back home until Da Vinci-chan located us anyway. Are you alright with my selfish whim, Lancelot?"

"Hmph. What can I say?" So he says with a smile knowing well what kind of a person his Master is.

"I know I can count on you. Ah, I don't need the Reservoir thing. We are still studying its true nature and prohibited to connect ourselves until we learn more, let alone collecting it. Ah, but can I learn about you guys True Name later on? It will ease us if you guys are summoned in different Singularity."

"I am grateful you take responsibility for our loss. And that is something we can easily do once this is over."

"Caster..."The King is amazed he able to employ the feared Chaldea with such a low price to pay. He already holds Caster in high-regard, but this solidifies his opinion of him even further. And he knows that Chaldea's power worth hundreds of Heroic Spirit, there is no ally as reliable as them in the present time.

"Then, what are we gonna do? Where is the enemy, how many we need to defeat?" Ask Fujimaru Ritsuka.

"Slow down a little. We can't simply go to the enemy lair and slay them. Regardless we are attacking them now or not; they are determined to capture Cusco as they know our base is here. We must defend this city first from SFA invasion in 20 hours."

"Not to mention, SFA Archer can arrive anytime soon. Isn't that right, Caster?" Kenshin joins in and looks at Bell in the face.

"Yes. I don't know the True Name of Archer, not that the True Name of SFA Servants means anything anymore. Regardless, in addition to Archer can move independently, I assigned a team of experts to monitors and repairs him. They already concluded that it much more effective for him to lay waste on the enemy before our main force invades."

"I don't understand. SFA Caster. As far as I know, you are Leader's closest man. Why you of all people betray SFA?" Ask the King.

"You said it yourself. I am Leader's ally. I care not about the Faction SFA, I only want to see his dream come to fruition. And now there is a group with a dream on par with his, I want them to have an equal chance."

"..." The King can only stay silent. As far as he knows, SFA success is the same thing with Leader's. To him, what Bell currently speaks about supporting Leader while not caring for SFA invasion is irrational. But he decided he doesn't care about his thought and want to focus more on defending Cusco.

"Regardless, do you guys have a plan on defending the city?" Cuts Kenshin at the most correct moment.

"Who do you think you are, suddenly taking the initiative like that?"

"Uesugi Kenshin, formerly a Servant from New Japan and in charge of defense against Phoenix Empire's attacks for 5 years. It doesn't take a glance to understand that neither of you here has the slightest sense of conventional tactics."

"Confident... aren't you?"

Kenshin declares boldly. She understands she sounded arrogant, but she needs to secure their party's standing as a valuable ally. She may not look like it but she doesn't take the King's belittling of Assassin and Lestari that well. Instead of petty anger, she decided to shut his mouth down with an aggressive showing of military brilliance.

"You think you are better?" Lancelot seems agitated with her claim. He is a knight that command an army and granted land to oversee by King Arthur himself after all.

"I admit as a warrior, you are way above me. But tell me what you can do other than being a good warrior and inspiring your knights? At the very least, I much more remembered as a commander more than you. I don't doubt you are competent, however, as right now you don't have the Skill related to tactics."

"..."

She knows the full capabilities of Lancelot now she learns his True Name. And Lancelot understands that his current Saint Graph doesn't pronounce his capabilities as a leader and decided to stay silent.

The King weirdly enough is pleased with her attitude just like when Lestari pressed him. "Hahaha! I like you! Go on, speak your mind."

"...?" Kenshin is confused with the sudden change of heart but decided to go along as it is convenient for her. "Anyway, King and El-Dorado Caster. Can you tell me more about this country's strength?"

Blog Entries
    [1] Let's check the door that leads into Magellan's dream.

Gotta know more about Heroine #2

Now Revamped!

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar

Yeah, I'd like to know why she's so fixated on Lestari
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    Let's get some of those sweet sweet flashback dreams