Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

"Enemy's attack incoming, it's a direct hit!"

"My worst fear...!" The magus feared another magus with a spell capable of reaching Archer existed within the enemy's rank. And he thought what kind of cruel fate, what kind of great Curse his ancestor performed bites them in the back on the worst timing possible?

"Status: Normal! He suffered quite the damage, but he still fine! Wait, no!"

The engineer checked the inner complex mechanisms of Archer, displayed on his screen with various parameters to consider. One of the primary mechanisms, namely, the Noble Phantasm:
    Lightning Widow-maker
    Nitrogen Colt
    ; has suffered massive damage that it lost the capability to flight indefinitely and the converter is critically damaged.

"The cylinder inside him has expanded from the inside...?"

"What do you mean by that?! Tell me, oi, scientist!"

"In summary, Archer no longer possesses the capability to transform Nitrogen into Magical Energy."

"...! How?"

The magus seemingly in disbelief. He has installed various charms to enhance Archer's low Magic Resistance. At the very least, he is confident that a spell specifically designed to fried him from the inside like the unknown magus's Caput Draconis should be repelled. The charms come from many cultural backgrounds, he studied a bit of Chaos Magic simply to make the charms to repel many types of magecraft.

Unless the actual culprit is not the spell itself.

"Liquid-nitrogen explosion..." The chemist spoke, and it's very very comical to him it almost unreal.

A liquid-nitrogen explosion is something that often experimented by amateurs on video streaming websites. Its mechanism is very simple: when liquid nitrogen in enclosed space make a contact with rapid heating or cooling from gas or plasma; it will violently expand due to a sudden increase in volume, breaking their container from inside. Anyone can fully try at home with a bottle of soda and an extinguisher.

The unknown magus responsible for the attack is not someone could call 'gifted', she is someone most people calls 'average'. But she compensates her weakness on understanding what her spell capable of and shamelessly employs something outside of the mystics for her own benefits.

The one that did them isn't a magecraft, but a natural phenomenon triggered by it.

"Archer! Reentering the atmosphere!"

Due to the malfunction of its jetpack, Archer's mechanical body starts to being pulled by gravity. The Heroic Spirit who runs with a computer-like logic has deemed necessary to shield itself from the reentry. Operating what dubbed as Mana Burst to coat himself with the very few liquid nitrogens he has left.

The magus, looking at such disaster, glance back to his supervisor responsible for such an event. He may respect him because of his competence, but the moment he lost that, he just as foolish as those magically unaware.

"You...! This is your fault!" The magus grabs his supervisor's collar.

"I... I know-!" The supervisor has lost of words, barely able to suppress his emotion as his eyes shake uncontrollably. "But this isn't the time for us to argue! We must work together to fix this situation!"

"How dare you!" The magus recognizes his logic is correct, released his gripping arms. Even if he has all the justification to blame others. "We better do it correctly this time!"

"Let's discuss this with a cold head."

After a quick but well thought out discussion, they come into a consensus:

"Archer, continue to attack El-Dorado Base."

14 Hours remaining until SFA invades El-Dorado Base.

Year: 2022
    Daytime: Day

Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Great
    Magical Energy: Critical

"Oh nicely done! Lestari-chan!"

"We can't let our guard down yet. He still hasn't been defeated!"

"The trojan horse is on fire!!!"

Magellan and Assassin, alongside the others, cheers for a brief moment. Archer for a long time was an invincible enemy, someone that strength alone can't defeat. The sight of a symbol of fear falling down from his domain is positively unreal.

Rubeus Spiritus is not a trump card. It's a desperate last resort or a certain victory is possible. Using it will turn me into more or less an ordinary human. The fact that I depleted to practically zero should tell anyone how average I am. And it's only accessible because I monopolize the leyline here too, or else I can't use it at all.

Now I'm no different than a civilian, but at least there is one thing I can do as a Master.

"Kenshin, I just see his Stats! Very high, move-in with caution!"

"Got it! Thank you, Master. That was splendid!"

Kenshin immediately increases her altitude and burst like a jet toward the falling Archer. She readies Tsuru on her right hand and channels her draconic aura to her, her sharpness is now comparable to a dragon claw.

What she did next is not something you can expect from a swordsman. As she ascends, she arches her right arm down and throws the sharp princess with immense strength. The sword spins toward Archer at high speed and despite that...

"Widow: Burst."

Archer cunningly exploits the gravity that pulling him down alongside his barely working jetpack to evade the incoming Himezuru effortlessly. SFA scientific wizardry has reached the level that an AI can run a calculation flawlessly despite having malfunctions.

But Kenshin is both cunning and reckless.

"I'm sorry, but I'm quite ambidextrous."

The other steel gauntlet coated with draconic aura land deeply to the trojan-like helmet. The amazingly hard steel the SFA employs is no match toward Kenshin's brute strength. From the broken helmet, she can see bloodied eyes that look like belong to a man. That's not all, however, as the evaded Himezuru returns to her master like a boomerang and strikes the robot on his shoulder.

"--!!!"

Kenshin who just lands two solid hits doesn't stop there. She first grabs his waist with her left hand and grip on Himezuru with her right, which struck on Archer's shoulder, and excessed force to let it sunk deep. The chipping sounds between her sword and steel caused an illusion that the stoic machine painfully screaming.

"------!!!!"

Wise-up!
    SFA Archer
    Health: Poor--->Critical

While not as strong as Lancelot, her capabilities as single fighter dwarves most Servants. This is the woman that referred as a war god by friends and foes alike when she was alive, not a title given by historians once she died.

"Powerful. Too powerful." Bell mutters as he both listen and watch, has observed and experienced first hand the overwhelming strength the dragon warlord has.

Then, the flames and force from reentering the Earth cool down, which means Archer finally can use his Mana Burst offensively.

"Haaaaa--!"

Kenshin realizes she can feel an overwhelming force from Archer's body, use her last strength to stab Himezuru deeply on him for one last time. She then repelled from Archer's self-bursting but quickly impedes her descend with her wing and launch herself upward relentlessly.

"A dragon," Archer speaks to his enemy for the first time. "A force of nature."

"...?"

He readies his massive railgun to the front, which has been damaged to the point no longer able to fire his Rod of God Noble Phantasm and opt to launch rounds of kinetic bullets. Which Kenshin repelled and evaded easily.

From his non-dominant hand, a metal whip-like weapon materialized.

"Noble Phantasm:
    Cyclone-Lasso
    Disaster-taming Whip.
    "

"A Noble---!"

He lashes the weapon in a strength rivaling her earlier punch, and she can only parry his relentless and quick assaults. Kenshin, who is too occupied on defending herself quickly entangled with the whip. She tries to break free, but her current strength unable to budge it.

"What's with this weapon?!"

No matter how many times she jerks, she can't escape its all-powerful grip. She tries channeling her aura into the dragon blast attack she uses against Nobunaga, but the whip slitters around it and subdue the formless force. As if it was specifically developed to handle her Noble Phantasm.

"Even my Echigo no Ryu is no match against it?!"

The railgun once again pointed to her, this time in a point-blank range, which can easily decapitate her head.

"Damn it-!"

"Kenshin!!" The situation seems grave enough, I forgot I have no magical energy left and tried to assist her, "Recursio- !?!" Which my body stings itself without my consent.

Thankfully, the King of El-Dorado then fires a sling as Archer now within his range, and jump to the gigantic golden chain previously used as a barrier and bait. It then moves ragingly and livingly, carrying him to the sky, as if the chain is the Serpent Deity - Amaru.

"Archer!!!" His hand expands and forcibly hurled his spear toward Archer, which he blocked with his railgun, wrecking it completely. The King then ram his sworn enemy with the combined mass of his strength and the chain, pulling him and Kenshin down to the ground, creating a sizeable crater.

"---!"

Watching this, Magellan materializes two of her cannons, while Lancelot and Assassin rush towards them in lightspeed. They are not going to let Archer a chance to fought back.

"Widow: Burst!!!"

But from the smoke created by the impact, a white figure propulse extremely and bypassed the cannonballs and the Servants, both renowned for their speed.

"Wha?!" It was fast enough that someone on Assassin's caliber took 3 seconds to react.

Worst, Kenshin is still tied on the whip and slam her to Lancelot who tried to intercept.

"Ghhaa?!?!"

He dragged Kenshin and rapidly pinballs her to any concrete he passed. Not only that, he purposefully to continue slamming her into the AAs scattered around the base to cause collateral damage. The soldiers can't do a thing, they were thrown away like bowling pins from a massive gust of wind the fighter jet-like knight create in his rocket trail.

wise up!
    Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Great--->Good
    Magical Energy: Excellent

"He that feareth the Lord-,"

"Get out from there, Caster! You are too slow!" Screams the King as he tried chasing Archer from afar.

"?!"

El-Dorado Caster too, is no match against his almighty speed as the trojan horse crash his entire body to tackle the physically poor Servant and sent him flying.

[spoiler=wise up!]El-Dorado Caster
    Health: Excelent--->Great

One by one, he obliterates the base as he advances to the enemy's Reservoir located below the King's throne. The other Servants were unable to match his top speed. Assassin is the only one able to trail him from behind as she can maintain her top speed with ease, but Archer is nevertheless the faster one. She tried attacking him with various projectiles, but he defends himself by bursting pure mana from his body.

"ENOUGH!"

Despite the damage, Kenshin didn't exhibit a sign of giving up. She repeatedly jerks her body to the ground whenever she can, hoping to slow down Archer even a little.

Which she succeeds.

"Haaaaahh!"

Just he almost reached the Reservoir, Assassin caught up. She hurls her chained scythe, but it barely misses Archer. However, Kenshin didn't waste that chance. She receives the scythe by clamping it with her mouth and sunk it in on the previously opened shoulder, causing him to suddenly lagged.

"I said enough!!!"

Lancelot then grabbed Assassin's hand and used his Noble Phantasm to gain the mastery of her scythe; turning it into a Noble Phantasm and hauls Archer with their combined strength. But Archer attempted to boost himself again, causing them to be the one dragged toward him.

"Don't let go, Ass-chan, Lancy!"

"Who is Lancy?!"

It took both Magellan and the King's timely assistance to overwhelm his burst. The King sunk his spear deeply to the machine's chest and impale him on the ground, then overwhelm him with the weight of his massive chain.

"You evil man! Down to hell!"

"Widow...!!!"

"I will not let you harm my people again!"

The robotic man resists with all of his might, but obviously, the King will not let him go. And before long he is completely tied by the golden chain.

"We did it! Archer has been defeated!!!"

Archer's last attempt rampage is finally subdued and followed next is the cheers of the soldiers. At the cost of Kenshin's health and most of their AAs, with the Reservoir remains intact.

Tactically speaking, it was almost costless, I think.

"Kenshin, everyone! You okay?!"

I rushed toward my injured Servant and take out the almighty healing substance EC Caster created. While she is heavily wounded, at the very least we can relax as we still have plenty of time to rest.

That should be the scenario, however...

Intermission

(BGM)

————————————————————————————My beloved youth.

???

"...!" The King heard a voice. A sweet and caring, familiar voice. "Mother?"

And for a split second, I saw the same scene whenever I going to dream my Servant. The scene of diving on a labyrinth of infinity through my head.
    I heard the same voice, or what I believe to be.

"His... mother?" I don't know what to say.

"What do you mean...?" But the moment I say that, the others around me suddenly look at me, confused from what I just said.

"That voice belongs to his mother...?" I was shaken from that voice; it was eerie and spectral.

Yet, unmistakably beautiful. Frighteningly so.

"Mother...? So that voice I heard belongs to you...?"

He was struck silent for a moment, then he clenched his teeth, as his lips undecided whether to grin or to grunt. And he looks at Archer who currently pinned down by him with disgust.

No more whisper.

"You don't know how much I waiting for this time... khu... khuhahahaha..."

"..."

His arms expand with vigorous strengths. His mind has decided to follow what he desires.

"For you, for anyone that looking down to us! Finally kissing the ground below my feet!"

He resumed his beatdown, accompanied by it is a smile on his face, the biggest one I ever saw.

".....!!!"

"Suffer! Suffer!"

".........!!!!!!!"

The King continued to slam his chain again and again, furiously channels all the humiliation and suffering he must swallow for two years and a half. The mechanical man has a body of steel, both chemical and biological substances come out from his body from the repeated beatdown. The once-mighty knight of the sky now has turned mute and helpless.

Wise-up!
    SFA Archer
    Health: Critical--->Shut Down

Both Lancelot and Miss Fujimaru sees the act, but they avert their gaze as if has seen something similar countless time in the past. Assassin doesn't seem to be fazed and only cares to retrieve Kenshin who has suffered damages the most. El-Dorado Caster, who has been busy powering up the AAs has his eyes open wide and quickly approaches his ruler.

"What are you doing...?"

"SILENCE!!!"

The man let out a hoarse, grief driven lash.

"You know yourself how much I need to endure watching my people massacred by trash cans while I can only do nothing! Waiting for a miracle to happen but it never comes. Now I must lower down my pride working with the very same enemy I swore to kill, the people that almost destroyed our base and the people that allowed this attack happened in the first place!"

"I decided to follow you not for this..." El-Dorado Caster has personally witnessed the man break down. He knows the most that the King was haunted by guilt and powerlessness. He is unable to channel his usual temperament and can imagine why a king will fall to such a state. What he concerned the most, however, if the King indulges himself to the point of no return.

"At the very least, let me torment this one man! This man has been a symbol of terror for all of us! He is a Servant anyway, who cares about ghosts dying the second time?! The world is better with less Servant, no?!"

"Lancer..."

He tried searching for words but don't find any. He can't stop him even if he wants to.

After all, it is very human to feel that way.

Tears come from the eyes of the mighty king, as he continues to pile down his chain to now an offline machine. And it is true that, regardless of reason, the invasion happened is because of our action. The lives of the people he desperately tries to protect are in danger.

I could justify myself that they already on an ongoing war, people die regardless. I could justify myself that our action may potentially end the West War as we intended.

I could say it can't be helped; it is how it is.

But regardless of the intention, we are responsible for the situation.

"For a moment, I thought you are different." Magellan only watches in an expression that I can only describe as a disappointment.

And from afar I watched the man finally able to deliver his long-awaited revenge, showing his inner darkness for all to see. I can understand how it feels, for your loved one robbed in front of your eyes, for I want to avenge my family toward those responsible.

Magellan, perhaps you don't understand how it feels to be powerless like him. Wishing to do something better, but you simply incapable of doing so. Being proved wrong in the cruelest way possible, sullying your very pride and belief.

I have been thinking, 'If I can go back in time and hurt the person responsible for this,' for a long time. Regretting my choice, only able to curses in remorse.

Which means I don't have the right to criticize such a person. It would be hypocritical of me.

Then, I remember our conversation last night as I look at Bell who is standing next to me in his spirit form.

Yes, I just did. I can tell you about him, but I will not state my opinion about the leader of El-Dorado, as what you want to hear is a fair opinion.

As he, a man that contributed to driving a proud hero like the King into breaking points and supported Leader, decides to reveal SFA plans while staying silent about what El-Dorado has done to them.

He didn't say nor transmit anything. But I know what he wanted to say.

Make a judgment yourself, the Sole Master of the World.

What Lestari Elliwyn should do?

This is not something tactical, nor this is has anything to do with winning the war.

1] Stop King of El-Dorado. He is better than this!
    2] Stop King of El-Dorado. Archer can be useful for us.
    3] Let him be. Archer is a machine, he is no longer a Heroic Spirit.
    4] Let him be. Archer is someone that bombarded them 2,5 years ago.

1. I don't think that Lancer killing Archer would be straight-up evil or even immoral, but pummeling him to the ground while laughing and screaming is... well a war crime and a pretty clear sign of Lancer not being stable at all at the moment. So it's less about Archer himself and more to which standards we want to hold up our allies.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    If Lancer turns out to be -------Huáscar, as he seems to be, I'm not sure how he'll react to appealing to his nobility or good character when dealing with a violent colonizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    Y'know what. Screw it.

Down with tactics. Aim for morals.

US Friend Code
    1. Jumping on the Moral Wagon, appeal to the standars a leader should hold himself to. Also, I'm gonna go ahead and guess SFA Archer is a heavily modded version of Pecos Bill
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Blog Entries
    1 is the choice I’d like to make, but it doesn’t intuitively feel like the appeal Lestari would make based on the preceding narrative. Hum.Indecisive, so will see what happens.

Signature by fumato

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​2
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Magellan the colonizer who was brutalized by a native sympathizing with another colonizer being brutalized a native, heh... Well, she's our ally so let's try to appeal to her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought I had but I just realised I never actually voted, clever.

Anyways, 1. We may be a morally ambiguous but we aren't about war crimes here.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Lestari Elliwyn

Party Status

Field:
    Ferdinand Magellan
    Magical Energy: Good

Assassin

Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Good

Reserve:
    Alexander Graham Bell

"King of El-Dorado. You must stop, you are better than this!"

What the hell? I suddenly say that crap without thinking.

And the moment I say that, everyone gathers their attention at me. Their reaction varies between person to person. Bell is unreadable as usual, the King stopped his beating for a moment, El-Dorado Caster has a hopeful expression, Miss Fujimaru and Lancelot expressed a surprise, Assassin continues to tend Kenshin as the latter's eyes reflect a high expectation, while Magellan smiles and give me a nod.

"What did you say...? Stopping? You, the person that caused this invasion, telling me that?!" I can see bluish veins in his laughing face, he is no longer able to contain his emotion. "You think I'm stupid?! I know you and that conquistador over there is the reason we are observable the moment I learn her True Name!"

"That was...!"

"Ferdinand Magellan. The conquistador credited to connect the entire world! She is at the forefront of imperialism and invasion! Am I wrong, Caster?!"

"..." El-Dorado Caster was not willing to slander her. After all, she was someone that he could consider a friend. Their view can be contrasting, but ultimately he has a positive opinion of her as a person. He is conflicted between his loyalty to the king and his past friendship.

"You don't need to cover for me, priest. Feel free to speaks what you think of me, what you think of the truth. It is what you do best after all."

"Is that so." Caster closes his eyes and regains his conviction as a priest that upholds morality above all else. "She may be marginally better, but she is no different, or even worse, than the rest of us. A person that prioritizes her own self-interest without any sense of guilt, that's the sort of person Lady Fernan is."

"100. No objection."

"You admit that? You disgust me."

"I get that a lot."

"What the hell..." The King can't believe what he just sees and hears, this person doesn't try to defend herself from the accusation, yet he feels a sense of defeat. Knowing there is no hope of arguing with someone lacking shame, he returns his attention back to me. "Regardless, what do you mean by I'm 'better than this'? You know nothing about me, woman."

"I only know a little about El-Dorado, SFA, this war, that's true. I can't speak which is correct and which is moral. But are you sure you only want petty revenge like this?"

After all, one of the reasons why I haven't taken a side with any of the Factions until now is because I barely know anything about them. I have heard about what horrendous action SFA has done both from the victim and preparator, but I only know El-Dorado one-sidedly. However, it doesn't take a genius to figure that they are responsible for driving SFA into what they are today.

"If about revenge, I had done it countless times back when I was alive. It will not surprise me that I will be summoned as an Avenger in other wars. Or what, you are saying Archer didn't deserve this? Are you saying there is merit in keeping him alive? I don't doubt you can mess with Archer's machinery, but I know you have no magical energy left. I will not risk a self-destruct mechanism from a machine."

"It's not about Archer."

No matter how I see it, Archer has committed a massacre. He attacked El-Dorado Base without caring about Cusco, most definitely taking many innocent lives with his Noble Phantasms. And the King also pointed out the danger of letting his body around.

I'm not a saint that can forgive those who already crossed the boundary, what I stand for is on the contrary.

I'm not against killing my enemy, I have taken many lives who want my head, I allowed Assassin to murder many of New Japan's soldiers.

I am a person that is unwilling to give her own life for the sake of the world.

"I understand how it feels to be robbed of what you desperately try to protect. Its hurt, it makes me angry. Angry to a cruel world that allows it to happen, angry to the people that justify what they had done to me..."

It can't be helped.

It is for a greater good.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And with that, people want me dead. They take away everything I have, because in the eyes of the world, doing so will end every sadness that befalls them.

That is why, I will not give up anything from myself, us. Including my heart.

"I believe no matter what happens, we should never give up our conscience." The words come free as I look at him shakenly.

"Feeling and righteousness alone wouldn't save others."

"Perhaps." I have heard that from Kenshin, but that is not what important here. Saving others? My concerns are far from that. "But it will certainly save us."

Our quest to unite the world was never been noble in intention. Kenshin and other noble souls may support it for what we are trying to achieve, but it always a self-centered mission of a self-centered girl who wants to save herself. And I don't want to simply biologically alive, I want to be free from the war, free from such worries...

I don't want to be as low as those heroes of justice lacking compassion.

Besides, there is that voice he called "mother" to factor in. Normally, he was above the emotional outburst he currently displays. What the hell was that? Why I could hear it when the others didn't hear a thing?

"And I'm telling you, it is too late of me for that."

"Conscience to save oneself, I see." After listening to my words, El-Dorado Caster gives out a genuine smile. "I'm sure you know, the conquistadors that caused your descendant griefs are my fellow countrymen, I am formerly one of them."

"Yeah, I'm aware. I decided you are different than the rest."

"But I too wish to find fortune from the conquest," he quickly denies the King's condescending reassurance. "I have willfully blinded myself on the atrocity we commit. Perverting many of the Christ teachings for the sake of our own greed, until today I can only feel shame on what I had done!"

He speaks in a self-condemn, seemingly disappointed toward the past.

"But that doesn't mean we can't try to patch it in the present. That doesn't mean what you had done in the past disallows you to do good. The sin we have done in the past is not an excuse to indulge oneself to stay on the path of evil."

He is not shouting like he usually does, everything comes from his mouth is kindness. I am somehow able to understand that this man, above all else, care for the King's well being.

When El-Dorado Caster said that, it was not just the King realized something. Those words also struck deep at me, perhaps more so than the intended target.

"..." The King look at Caster, who firmly stood his ground. He looks to all the Servants present in which most of them are his enemies hours ago. Quickly he realizes how outnumbered he is, and he doesn't want to antagonize Caster as he needs him. Then he looks at Archer's body with hatred once again, before dematerializing his spear. "You people aren't going to budge?"

"You know me well, my king."

"Fine." The King let out a sigh.

El-Dorado Caster turns bright from that change of heart. "Thank you, my king! And the Master too!"

"Umm, I don't do anything worthwhile."

wise-up!
    Your Bond with El-Dorado Caster has reached level 1!

"The fact you push for it is already enough, even if you don't really believe in what you are saying, that's is a great step."

I know he bears no ill-will, "wh-what do you mean by that...?", but I can only feel offended from his remark.

Whatever, who cares about what he just says? Everything ended peacefully, that's more than enough for now.

"Don't be happy just yet. I get it there is no point in beating a scrap, but we can't just let Archer free."

"I agree."

The voice that suddenly cuts the conversation isn't from anyone currently present. It belongs to Leader who located far away from Cusco being broadcasted by Bell's ability.

"First of all, I must comment that there is someone capable of defeating Archer, which I confident even the Phoenix Emperor and Ghatotkacha from Shangri-La unable to do so. This is our first defeat since I have replaced Benjamin as the leader of SFA. I can't hide the fact that I'm in bewilderment, we truly suffer an incredible loss."

"The devil himself."

"..."

"I suppose this is the first we directly converse, El-Dorado Lancer and the sole Master of this war - Lestari Elliwyn."

In contrast with the King who has been hiding for two years and a half, Leader is practically a celebrity. The man might never appear in the frontline, but he has made many appearances in numerous interviews and credited as the person behind SFA's war machines. Since his ascension into the Chairman of the United States Armed Forces, the constant defeat they have suffered before is almost like a myth.

He brings peace to the formerly hellish North America. It's not surprising that the people have a very positive view of him.

"Because you are a coward that can only hide behind your toys."

"And those toys capable to make the courageous king went off with his tails between his legs."

"Are you the man behind this war?" Miss Fujimaru's voice and presence get his attention. She is the only person here that surpassed Leader's popularity, as Chaldea's exploit has been celebrated across the world, ending many threats from genocidal individuals, or so that's what the general public informed about Chaldea.

"Chaldea is finally resurfacing. Yes, I am, so what of it?"

"Our goal is to protect human history from external threat, and we have been hunting a resurfacing Beast for years; that's why. But now I'm here, I can't just let you murder civilians any longer!"

"That's not the first time someone conveying such sentiment." He pauses for a second, seemingly forcing himself to relax. "They are all dead, like that sad excuse of a king and Benjamin's comrades before you."

"..."

His tone clearly tells to everyone listening that the man fully embraces his cowardice. However, before the two able to make a rebuttal, Leader continues on.

"Let's cut away the petty squabble right now, I already have enough fill on dealing with Tsarina and Emperor's empty semantics. We can agree enough on that front, no?"

"Haaah... haaah... I suppose the reason you are contacting us right now to discuss a term? Because there is no reason for you having a pointless talk like this." Kenshin leans her body to Assassin's shoulder and spoke pantingly.

"Correct. This entire day I can only grow anxious, so many unknown factors pilling up at our throat. Ferdinand Magellan's betrayal, the destruction of our communication device causing us receiving the update of the invasion late, Chaldea finally joining the war and the fact the Master we tried to hunt is a direct counter toward our machines far more than Benjamin's thunder. Honestly, the war already took many tools on our side too and I can't gamble much more."

"You only lost one so far, he isn't even dead yet." It seems Lancelot grows wary toward Leader, and his Master took notice of such change.

"...Lancelot?"

"He sounds like a witch."

"I don't care who is this witch you comparing me to. But one...?" Leader's voice drops into something more bitter and hoarse. "Bell, you don't tell Miss and Mister Hero over there the truth?"

"...just like the Master, I want them to judge themselves about this war."

"You want to witness 'impossibility' just like always. You don't care which will be the victor as long that's been achieved. Honestly, for a monster of logic, your action tends to be illogical, my friend."

"I'm well aware."

"What is he talking about...?" Miss Fujimaru can't fathom the two gentlemen's conversation.

"I see, so you thought that you were siding with the weak and righteous like you are always been?"

(OST)

Leader then laughs mockingly, perhaps the first time since he has been pushed into what he currently is.

"Chaldea, oh, Chaldea! I was thinking about what kind of people the prized 'heroes of the world' is like, but it seems all of you are naive fools! All the Factions that still standing, are built by filth and blood. The Upper Belts constantly try to break their own rules, the Sultanate has armed criminals all over the world, New Japan has recently created the most genocidal Noble Phantasm ever seen, weak Factions constantly demand the blood of the strong, and I wonder what carnage Avalon Britain has done behind their impenetrable storm."

"What...?"

The detail may be unknown, but it is is not a revelation. After all, the greyness of the Factions is one of the reasons why I can't choose any of them. But to Miss Fujimaru who has been fighting in a different front, against an enemy that able to destroy humanity in an instant, something so black and white...

"California, San Diego, Texas, Kansas..." He continues naming American states one by one, almost every single of them. This time, I too don't really get what he means.

"Why are you recounting cities...?"

"!!!" Unlike the rest of us, however, the King seemingly understood what those cities signify.

"All of them houses nuclear facilities. Many of their destruction took tolls on innocent civilians. That man, alongside the rest of the natives, responsible for it. Some attempt even caused meltdowns, but those who responsible already return to the Throne of Murderers by my hand."

"Nuclear meltdown..." Miss Fujimaru can only hide her mouth with her tiny arm. Her eyes tensed, her legs grow weak, she can practically hear the short scream of the victims in her head.

She doesn't understand, she doesn't understand at all. Her expression clearly said so.

If I think about it, she spends five years protecting the present, perhaps she believed in the world they tried to protect as just. But if the people inhabiting it actively tries to end each other, doing something not so different from the worst of mankind...

"What do I even fighting for all this time...?" the celebrated hero can only hide her mouth with her hand.

"Is that true... my king?" Even El-Dorado Caster is uninformed about the deeds. This Servant is special in a sense he originated from a Singularity and was not part of the war. Just like Chaldea, he only prepared to fight something as absolute like fixing a Singularity, which has been resolved peacefully hours ago.

"..." The King stays silent and closes his eyes for a moment. "Mass killing weapon is inhuman. Of course we destroy them all."

"But what about the civilians...?"

"I don't mean to, but some of us can be quite bloodthirsty. Not all of us forgive what the Old World has done. Besides, WMDs are banned in this war, all the Factions agree to dismantle them all. It's not just SFA, nuclear facilities all over the world have been attacked too!"

"Because everyone did so... it becomes justified...?! That exactly the conquistadors logic!!"

El-Dorado Caster can't believe what he just heard. The King that he trusted for years has indirectly killed many innocent lives.

Of course, what he did isn't entirely unjustified. Even if theoretically a Servant can resist a nuclear strike, his people don't. And unlike a battle, war isn't won by individual strength alone. He can't simply retreat from an impossible fight until he won, he must organize another attack, which the enemy may already learn a thing or ten in the next encounter.

Perhaps his past comrades decided, with a heavy heart and responsibility, that they will carry the sins.

But the phrase no choice, fully understand what we are doing, I did what I must do, and other bullshit variants; are the most cursed phrase of all curses in the ears of the victims.

"Nuclear missiles are inhuman, so it justifies the death of civilians, but overwhelmingly powerful Servants like you are not?" But he no longer cares about winning a war of words against El-Dorado Lancer, not anymore. He has something much more important to accomplish, something far bigger in scale. "And the Master, just like what your smart Servant saying, I do indeed have a proposal to you."

"Are you going to invite me like the rest again? How do I create a massive status saying 'don't invite me on your bullshit' in real life?"

"No, no, it's clear you will not budge on something like Tsarina's patronizing attempt. Rather than join us and you will be protected, I will give the entirety of SFA to you. All my machine army and the six Servants including me will be under your command."

"Wha...?!"

Everyone present can't process what he just said. He just lightly said something extremely weightful that no hyperbole will be enough to describe it.

"This man thinks we are a joke. No one in the right mind will believe in such a proposal!" Even a tactician like Kenshin doubts what she just heard.

He doesn't even imply any implicit meaning, he just straight up says he is going to sell the entire Faction to me. Even I, who more or less has a childish dream, this is too good to be true. But what comes next however...

"Of course, its a proposal, so I have conditions for you to fulfill. First, I want you to spare every single citizen of SFA. Second, I want you to stop other Factions to use the Holy Grail. Third..."

I can only imagine the man sported a devilish glare.

"I want to execute every single combatant in El-Dorado before I give the entire Faction to you."

"!?!"

"But why?! Whatever I agree with your term or not, you only need to kill the Servants, there is no reason to kill them all!"

Of course, calling it 'no reason' isn't exactly correct. Small they may be, there is a chance that these combatants will rise and rebel. But more than anything, the most dangerous act of destruction is not something dictated by profit and stratagem; you can reason with logic.

This man has abandoned his humanity, he becomes a beast of pure hatred.

"Why? You know the reason more than anyone, Lestari Elliwyn. The feeling being hurt, the anger that everything you hold dear cruelly taken away, in the name of justice. I want revenge, I want justice to be served to those who are responsible, the same way they do to us. I'm sure you understand, you just said the same thing minutes ago after all."

"No, I was...!"

When I said that, I was talking about the reason why we shouldn't take a path driven by revenge.

But the faces of those who died for me, all lifeless and full of regrets, while I alone hide helplessly like a coward.

Those bastards killed my family, in the name of justice they say, it is unfortunate they say.

Who had done this, who allowed this to happen, who had an idea to murder a Master to end the war? Ah... fucking pieces of shit, human garbage, I hate them, I want them all dead!

And who are these "them all"?

"Admit it, girl. It is only natural for a human being to feel that way. Who in this world wants to see their loved ones dying?"

"That's not... that's not it...!"

He is correct. He is one hundred percent correct about me. However, I already decided that I will never stoop as low as them, I will not sacrifice anyone, at all.

But it is not only me that have stakes on such an evil bargain.

"You bastard! Did you think you can kill my soldiers whenever you want?! You must defeat us first, you are deluding yourself!"

"Yes, yes, I do. Perhaps you have forgotten after secluding yourself for years, that El-Dorado consists more than Cusco? It may not be all of you, but I can start early!"

The capital Lima, other cities outside of Peru such as Rio and Valparaíso. All have been swarmed by effective enforcers with the appearance of a trash can as if reflecting what the heartless enemy thinks of his people. In a single command, they will open fire to all of the prisoners. And he was saying that such a choice is in my hand?

So this is what Bell means about how the weak can only fight dirty against the strong. Truthfully, even the strongest Servant possible has no power to stop such inhuman tactics.

"YOU!!!!!!!"

"Hahahahahahaha!!! Indeed, indeed! All these years I keep your people on the other cities living, what do you think I will do to them, eh? With a single command, my machines will massacre them all!!!"

Then, yet again, I have heard a voice whispering to the King's ears-

There is no need for you to endure the pain anymore. You want to avenge your people, right? It's alright, there is nothing wrong in revenge.--------------------

After all, it's natural, it is very human to feel that way.--------------------

"BAAASTAAAARD!!! I WILL STOP YOU!"

"Wait, I'm not-"

The King can't see any other option left. He wants to protect his people, the man he hates is unreachable and the girl in front of him holds the call of their death.

He hurls his spear toward me, but the spear is blocked by a typical pirate-like saber.

"So do I."

"Move conquistador!"

"No one can tell me what to do. What happened with agreeing to Caster and my Master?"

"That's a different thing altogether!!!"

Magellan uses all her might to block the King of El-Dorado's gigantic chain, but she still have the care to screams at me.

"Don't let him get into you, Lestari-chan! He only twisting your words! What does a man behind a chair know what you had been going through?!"

"I- I know!"

"Lancelot-" ignoring his Master's call, Lancelot burst forward. The King is not the only person trying to take my life. "What are you doing, she is not an enemy!"

"We can't let such a thing happens. She may not necessarily a bad person, but doesn't you remember the director's sacrifice? Even if it's painful, we may sacrifice the needs of the individual for the sake of the greater good!"

"...!!!" Fujimaru Ritsuka can't say anything, she knows that her Servant is in the right.

But he was intercepted by the wounded Kenshin, which unlike their first clash, her Echigo no Ryu has been on the maximum output.

"Don't you dare!"

"Samurai woman! I'm sure a warrior like you know more than anyone about painful choices!"

"You may be correct, but I believe in our cause!"

"I know more than anyone what happened when an individual put their needs above what's important, even a country could fall! I will not allow the same tragedy that befallen King Arthur happened twice!"

"She wanted to search for a third option that can make everyone happy! There is no more noble cause than such. So why you people still trying to end her life?! WHAT JUSTICE CAN BE GAINED ON KILLING AN INNOCENT?!"

Even so, she still can't match him in a contest of strength directly, in which Assassin assisted her to match him. "Kenshin!!!"

El-Dorado Caster is too shocked from the realization, he doesn't know to side with whom. Bell can't join the battle being in his spirit form, even if he can, he too an ally of Leader. The quick alliance falls as fast as how it was formed.

Everyone is in a complete shambles and discord.

Before I realized it, I can feel cold steel behind my skull. Amidst that chaos, someone able to slip through.

"Try to stop me and I will blast her head off! At this range, even superhumans like Servants can't stop the trigger!"

Perhaps he is among the logistic team, perhaps he is one of the many soldiers controlling the AAs. Regardless, the one that slips through is Alejandro of San Blas Church, a simple human being without any supernatural power.

And without my spell, I'm helpless. But even if I have, none of my spells can defend being shot on a point-blank range, even the muzzler will leave me brain-damaged.

"You better not think anything funny like joining SFA!"

And while defending against Lancelot, Assassin screams to him. "PUT THAT GUN AWAY YOU DUMBASS! CALM YOURSELF, DON'T YOU REMEMBER WHAT I SAID TO YOU BEFORE?!"

"I'M CALM! I PUT YOUR WORDS AT HEART!"

"Then-!"

"I'm thinking this through! I know you helped us defending against those robots, I know she helped us defeating Archer, we are eternally grateful for that! He could kill all of my comrades on the other cities whenever, but he instead chooses this time to reveal and use it to have on his side. There is a reason behind it, I'm sure!"

"...!!" Assassin can't refute what he just says, but she clearly worries about me.

I admit his logic is sound, and as long as I do what he wants, I will still be alive. And he might fear my magecraft, which is the reason why he doing this in the first place. If I join him and become the leader of SFA, that's good for him. If I died from this chaos, he still won. But that doesn't change the fact Leader can order the kill shot whatever I join him or not.

God... why do people fates continue dancing on my hand?

What do you think, Mr. Bell?

I talked to him using his Noble Phantasm, and his keen ears know what I seek; as he turns the conversation to private without anyone could interfere and eavesdrop.

I think you did splendidly on both defeating and defending Archer. To not abandoning your conscience, in turn, you can save yourself falling into darkness. After all, you must save yourself first before you dream of saving others. And not just physically like us heroes did, but also emotional health.

wise-up!
    Your Bond with Alexander Graham Bell has reached level 2!

From what I have seen about his Noble Phantasms, I believe Archer is Pecos Bill. But I will discuss what does that name signifies at the right time.

Then, I believe you already have your answer to Leader's proposal.

Yes. I'm not going to be the monster that sacrifices others for the sake of myself, as much as I hate it.

Perhaps he listens to my heartbeat and tone, he seems to understand what's bugging my mind.

You may already notice it, but I'm sure Leader sees himself in you. You two are victims of this war, people that failed to protect their loved ones. But victims of a smaller tragedy can turn into monsters that caused a great tragedy, tragic.

Do we really have no choice in the lives of those soldiers?

For the first time, Bell shows a sign of grief.

The machines are a product of Leader's Noble Phantasm, he can do so with a single press. It uses an internet network to transmit the signal. Your Recursion could stop it, but only if you are near the mechanism itself, I'm afraid. This battle... this is animalistic.

I tried to generate electricity on my palm, I am only able to generate a faint spark. I don't even have magical energy to fire a Via.

I can only close my eyes.

I hope if heaven exists, all of you reach such a place.

Critical Choice!
    The earlier choice has locked you on Choice 1. As the situation is very high paced, you only have 72 hours to votes. What Lestari must do in this situation?

1) Accept Leader's proposal.
    2) Order Assassin to disengage from Lancelot and stop Alejandro.
    3) Order Magellan to disengage from the King and stop Alejandro.
    4) Convince the King to stop. (again)
    5) Convince El-Dorado Caster to sides with you.
    6) Convince Fujimaru Ritsuka to sides with you.
    7) Write-in!

Last edited by Spartacus; March 23rd, 2024 at 08:17 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My patience with the King is starting to draw a little thin and it looks like Caster's is as well.

5) Convince El-Dorado Caster to sides with you.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    ​5

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Lestari Elliwyn

Everyone's mind is in chaos. Those who wanted to protect the soldiers in SFA's mercy lost their rationality. Even someone celebrated across the world like Miss Fujimaru is too shocked to do something.

Leader deliberately mentioned the prisoners and has not executed a single person precisely to inflate our emotions. He gives a tiny hope to us as the deaths have not happened yet, to make us think we could stop it before it's too late. By masterfully placed an obvious answer, that is "a single person holding the choice", combined with my reputation as the Master that ignored her duty — he able to lead everyone into trying to take my life.

If I join him, he does not need to worry about the magus that countered most of his army. If I killed here, he also does not need to worry about the same issue. This scenario will lead to his victory regardless of my choice.

And then, there is this Alejandro of San Blas Church points a gun straight to my brain.

This is exactly how people hunted me and killed everyone I hold dear five years ago. Looking at this situation pissed me off more than anything.

And I wouldn't let that happen to me again.

Bell, can you connect me to El-Dorado Caster?

Bell's Noble Phantasm is not merely worldwide telepathy. He could forcibly connect anyone he wanted into our little chat as shown back in the leyline cavern. If he wants to, he can connect to someone he dislikes and annoy them to death by talking shit for 24 hours.

It's done.

Bell immediately does what I requested without question.

Hey, El-Dorado Caster. Mind if I talk with you for a second?

...Lady Master?! How?

His brain almost shuts down like Miss Fujimaru before. Being startled from a voice echoing in his head helped him to regain his composure.

Our Caster has the perfect Noble Phantasm for that. Anyway, we are in a very bad situation right now. Everyone is confused and not thinking straight.

El-Dorado Caster pauses whether or not to join. He then decided there is no harm to speaks with me. Perhaps he can't ignore the current situation as he hoped for a way out.

"You are calm despite the extreme danger."

"I'm not, I will snap latter, but that happens when I'm safe enough to snap. Anyway, this situation about the prisoners, to be completely honest, they are done for. Regardless, I join SFA or not, which I'm not, the actual activation is in Leader's hand"

"God Almighty, are those people really dying?"

Even if Caster has never personally met them, he is still a commander of El-Dorado, he feels responsible and love for them. And even for me, the fact that this happens on the entire continent of South America is too unreal.

"But that doesn't mean we can't prevent what comes after this."

"...!"

"I'll just be straight with you, our group wanted to unite the world. To unite, not conquer, we wanted a mutual understanding between all parties."

"That sounds impossible with the current situation right now."

"Yes, and we don't know how. We just aimlessly going somewhere and hoped for the best."

"Lady Fernan is in it, so I can see that...", he chuckles.

Except for Kenshin and Bell, we are all idiots. However, we still a better group than a bunch of murderous maniacs. And he supposed to be Magellan's colleague, so I hope he is willing to assist us at the very least.

"So I want you to help us find that answer."

"...that would mean betraying the King. But knowing the extent of his deeds, I don't know what to think of him anymore."

"About that, I learned something odd about him. For some reason, I keep hearing the same voice he heard, while everyone else seemingly has nothing."

"A voice? What do you mean by that?"

"I heard a whispering woman's voice, it's something sounds foreign yet at the same time very familiar, he calls her 'mother'. Every time this mother of his whispers, the King lost control of himself just like right now and with Archer."

"His mother...? So, the King is innocent? No, it's not that simple..."

"If I'm being honest, I don't think he is 'innocent' per se. I know a thing or two about Catholic beliefs, someone dear to me once said this, 'even if you are seduced by the devil, you still in control of your actions', his failure on constraining those bloodlusted Servants is still a sin."

Failed to protect my family is also an unforgivable fault of mine. If only I'm not an arrogant piece of shit who thinks she capable to fix everything alone. I should be aware of the extent of my abilities, not simply the limit of my magecraft.

"Heh... you know I'm a priest, right?"

"I have a rifle pointed to my skull at the moment. I have nothing to lose on shooting myself in the foot."

He seems confused when he hears that a magus like me talking about Christianity. I do hope he is mature enough to refrain from mocking me if I'm wrong about his belief. Or do I the one being childish?

He closed his eyes for a second to make up his mind and he opens it with great determination befitting of a holy man.

"Repentance always opens to everyone, even if the most grave. I may not forgive him for what he had done, no one in this world will do. But just like I said to him before, your past sins is not an excuse to indulge oneself in the path of evil. I'm going to open his eyes, if you assist me, I will help you back."

Choice
    What Lestari should say to El-Dorado Caster? Depending on your choice, he might join your party permanently in the future.

1] Agree on helping the King but only after we fix this situation.
    2] Agree on helping the King and help him right away.
    3] Refuse on helping the King as he contributed to the tragedy.
    4] Write-in!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Repentance is clearly important to Caster, so helping is the only way of recruiting. I happen to be in the "Catch em All" mindset so I will say 2 as if don't fancy us getting our heads blown off.

JP Friend Code

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Lestari Elliwyn

Party Status

Field:
    Ferdinand Magellan
    Magical Energy: Good

Assassin

Uesugi Kenshin

Reserve:
    Alexander Graham Bell

I honestly don't care much about the King. But if aiding him means gaining Caster's trust, so be it.

"Well then, El-Dorado Caster, I will help you to snap the King you want to save so much."

"Phrasing... anyway, what do you want me to do?"

"Simple really, I want you to disarm this Alejandro person that holding me in a gunpoint."

"Wait, you know him? And what if he noticed me?"

"You are an El-Dorado Servant. He expected you the least to betray them."

I can't count on the three Servants as they currently are holding down the King and Lancelot. In the case of Assassin, even if she sneaks out of sight and removes her presence, the fact that she is gone can be used as a confirmation that she is planning to save me. And I can't count on Bell at a fight as he openly declares his double allegiance. On the other hand, Caster is practically Alejandro's boss.

And with that, Caster immediately takes action. A swirl of a dark orb fired from his hand after chanting some lines from the Bible. The orb is far stronger than my Via or Miss Fujimaru's Gandr, yet less refined than the two as I can confirm he wasted excess magical energy to fire a simple spell. Regardless, its output is strong enough to destroy the rifle completely, though some shrapnel hit both of us as a result.

"?!"

Seeing his gun broke, Alejandro reacts fast like a soldier would and tried to grapple me into submission. But the prior planning and the automatic Laetitia help me to react faster than him. Knowing I now can generate a small amount of electricity, I put my left hand to my bag and use the minuscule magnetism to grab all the metal objects left inside. As the geomantic cards are not inside the bag since they have been used for Rubeus Spiritus earlier, there is only one type of metal object left inside...

The anti-Servant gun I snatched from the pirates.

"Don't move!"

The King is enraged to Caster's apparent betrayal and increases his strength to overpower Magellan with his massive chain. But contrary to what he tries to do, Magellan able to slip off his chain and shot several bullets straight to his chest. But it wasn't because the King has made a mistake nor Magellan's gain a sudden increase in willpower, but something else. And the former's furious glare makes it clear who is responsible. "Caster... did you slander me?!"

wise-up!

El-Dorado Lancer
    Health: Excellent--->Great

I don't understand what did he means as slander at first, but then Caster says something directed to Lancelot. And it is not a holy line found in the Bible or other religious texts, not an aria or incantation, it is something far more simple and structureless, but honest at the same time. The opposite of confessions that priests frequently offer an ear on.

"Lancelot, a man so foolish, ignoring the consequence of what his action would bring to his king and the people he swore to serve."

It is merely, well...

"A failure of a knight — easily enchanted by beauty and lust."

Badmouthing.

"Why he suddenly picking a fight?"

Lancelot, of course, listens to Caster running his mouth as he pleases. But he seems used to be called out, his heart is not going to be shaken from something trivial. And yet, the purple knights suddenly waver from the sight of the two orient lady he fights with. Kenshin in her maximum power suddenly capable to overwhelm him, despite his apparent superiority over her. The two Japanese Servants quickly deliver a solid hit.

"Khh! How?!"

I'm unsure what he did, but it is clear this has something to do with Caster uncharacteristically trash talks. It sounds like a curse at first, but I got a feeling this is not exactly that. It could be some sort of conceptual ability that turns his statement into reality.

What comes next, however, is Caster's usual loud self.

"LISTEN! Think logically about the situation. If the Lady Master here willing to defect to SFA, shouldn't she already do that the moment she made contact with SFA Caster?"

"That doesn't excuse-"

"SHUT UP for a second, My King! I still can't believe what this Faction has done in the past!"

El-Dorado Caster then gives me a glance, followed with a nod.

"Let's make this clear. From the very start, I have no intention to join SFA or even El-Dorado, at all."

SFA is the third Faction that offers me their generous ultimatum. I initially thought I should try to understand their circumstances, but knowing what Leader going to do, there is no way I'm going to join them. And there is no rule that I must follow any of the Factions, even if there is, I already ignore that two times now.

"Then, why you ally yourself with us?" Alejandro asks nervously as he now the one being held on gunpoint.

"Because the people of San Blas Church sheltered us before."

It simple really, equivalent exchange, the magus way.

If people treat me with kindness, I will do the same. If people want me dead, I will fight back. If a household welcomes me, I will treat them like a family. I am grateful, even to someone like Oichi who saved us for her own gain.

But more than that...

"Just like everyone here, I don't want people that I know to die."

"But we only shelter you for hours, you don't even talk with anyone on the Church..."

"You are right, I even have trouble remembering any of you. But these past five years, only a few people treated me like a person."

"..."

Those that I loved have died in front of my eyes. I lost my way to contact Granpa and the others. People always come to me with an ulterior motive, either they want to sell me into one of the Factions or murder me for a symbol that I don't ask nor helped me in any way.

But these past three days have been different. It's true my life is in danger more than ever, however, the Servants I currently have is like a family and companion to me. We argue, insult, bicker and support each other out. Meeting people that possess no ill will toward me like Magellan's lackey back in our ship and receiving gratitude from the people from the San Blas Church. It starts to restore into what I once had five years ago.

It is such a small and confined little group, but it is now my entire world. Even if it is hypocritical, even if my heart says no, I want to protect it.

Gambling that my words at least came through to Alejandro, I put down the gun and return it to my purse, but also present a logic to backdown my position. Thankfully, it seems I manage to convince him enough to listen.

"Everyone, especially El-Dorado Lancer, I have told Caster about this before. Whatever I join SFA or not, the one that has the call to murder the people held captive is Leader alone. No one benefit we fIghting like idiots but him."

Leader didn't respond from that remark. And taking a page from someone's book, I take it that I'm correct.

"But you are someone that willing to turn away from the world and let this entire tragedy escalated in the first place. I can't trust you to not prioritize your own life over my people!" Says the wounded king as he is now pressured by Magellan.

Letting tragedy happens, he says? I believe that already happened the moment people coldheartedly murdered Rosa and the others for the sake of "the world."

Really, helping this guy for Caster would be more painful than I initially thought.

"And that's why I'm telling you, I hold no power in helping or killing your people! For fuck sake, the first thing I do is asking you into my vassal! I can let Chaldea wreck havoc on your base if I bear ill will toward this place! Why do you think I'm talking about corny shit like conscience and everything?!"

"..." the sudden frustrated rambling makes him stunned for a second.

"Even if you stab her to death now, nothing will change about this situation." Just after I start losing my shit, Miss Fujimaru backs me up. "That goes for you too, Lancelot."

"...I'm the one being hasty, huh. I don't change at all." Hearing that, Lancelot backed down and dematerialize his legendary sword. Kenshin and Assassin stopped pressuring him in response.

"Lancelot... I understand you only want for the best of us."

Seeing Lancelot calmed down, I continue.

"Let's make this clear. It's true I do not willing to sacrifice my own life or be your slave, but I never intend to claim other people's lives. I do not want to do the same disgusting thing that robbed me from my family, the same thing Leader trying to do to you all, the same thing people have and still trying to do toward me."

Just because your own is in danger, people are justified to take others' to save them? Then, what left for those who have been robbed for the sake of others? Do they have no right to seek justice? This mad world has no right to cry over their family.

And Leader, how dare he tries to stimulate the same thing happened to me back then.

Sounds of finger tappings can be heard from Bell's broadcast. It seems Leader grows tired from the travesty orchestrated on his own. I can imagine he rested his smug face on his hand as he listens to our buffoonery.

"So that's what you choose, I should have known." His faint voice expresses disappointment.

"Indeed, I am the only person holds the call in the end. But I already told you that I willing to choose which people I want to protect, that's my own. And I will demonstrate it now that I dare to do that."

And so, he easily declares.

"Kill them all."

It already fifty seconds since Leader ordered the death of El-Dorado soldiers spread on South America. The cruel mechanical angels are the product of his long-winded Noble Phantasm, but the mechanism behind the execution is very simple in comparison. If he declares the machines to do something, his voice will be translated into direct commands the same way a voice query program founds in a smartphone.

Nothing changes in El-Dorado Base of Cusco. None of the people gathered there has been harmed from that command. They see everyone around them still living; they don't see a flock of birds fleeing from a terrible disaster. The scenery of the deaths that reaches ten percent of South America's current population can only be seen on the mind.

They imagine, machines shaped like trash cans, directing their guns forward to any former soldiers nearby. Releasing an unholy amount of gunfires to the human body, painting the street and the wall with old burgundy. Terrible drumming roars that only last for a moment, but will be unlasting to those unfortunate enough to listen.

"You should thank me that I avenged your people, El-Dorado Lancer. Racially speaking, they are closer to mine than yours."

For a mockery, his voice is oddly monotone. He enjoyed no pleasure in killing so many lives within seconds. Not because he didn't take delight in his enemy's suffering, but because it's not enough for him to satisfy his vengeance.

This is only the first phase of his boundless grudge.

And everyone presents unable to say a word, including the King of El-Dorado who has been under extreme confusion and "controlled" by something hidden minutes ago. Almost every soldier has been wiped out, not even the holocaust reaches that amount of estimate number in the span of a single deed.

How can a human being be this extremely cruel?

Where does this person's empathy go? Does he no longer possess it anymore because of what he has been going through? Did he grow disillusioned after witnessing his people needlessly died from attempts to secure strategical advantage?

Is he still a human at this point? No, of course, he is human. Even the worst murderer in history is human. He hasn't been enticed by some ancient god nor the devil.

The reason behind his cruelty is something prized by humanity. He wants to protect his people, which no matter how one sees it, the goal to save the life of others is entirely noble.

But that what makes it frightening. When someone convinced they are in the right; nothing will hold them down anymore. Because, after all, why would they not do the righteous? Punishing the blameworthy, exacting justice toward those responsible, saving the world and all that?

And to repeat, this is only the first phase.

"Ah, I heard you people are fussing over the danger keeping Archer's around. He indeed possesses a self-destructing mechanism. Just like the execution before, I can easily say 'Archer, explode yourself', and he instantly goes kaboom." He chuckled from his childish choice of word.

"Well then, Archer. Explode yourself."

The moment Leader ordered Archer's destruction, the allied Servants quickly tried to defend the ordinary people. My Servants sandwich me with their own bodies, Lancelot embraces Miss Fujimaru like his lady in waiting, and King of El-Dorado wrap the soldiers with his massive chain. We don't know how powerful the explosion will be, but if something can survive a point-blank bomb, it would be the Servants.

"...? Nothing happened?"

Bell, someone that spies all the world's information with his all-hearing ears doesn't follow what's happening. SFA Archer should turn highly thermal at this point, but his body lies down without any sign of changes.

"Finally... So this is how he decided to protect us," said King of El-Dorado.

I don't know who he refers to, but there is one thing certain from his choice of words. It is no miracle or coincidence; it is a result of their two years and a half of patience. Perhaps another Servant besides the king survived the attacks and has infiltrated SFA, sabotaging them at this very moment.
    Someone capable to conceal his true intention even to the man bearing the title "The Greatest Spy in The World" exists.

And another thing I noticed, he doesn't hear his mother's voice right now.

"What...?" Leader's tone for the first time turned hoarse.

"I will not say anything more to you!"

"You bastard."

Leader is definitely not amused, but I think he knows that some plans don't work the way he desires it to be. If stage two is foiled, there is still a stage three, that what would I do on his shoes.

"Fine, I'll let this one on you." It almost as if he is going to make sure that the King's triumph over him will be as short as possible.

"?"

Due to its number, the massive invasion to come is something that requires a lot of time to prepare. But that's not stopping for its main actor to enter the stage early.

Then something extremely familiar to us happened again, but this time, it's nothing but a sign of danger.

"Look up... you must be joking..." Kenshin is the first person to notice that the invisible dome called the sky is cracking unnaturally. She understood this too well; we understood this too well. It's the same the Noble Phantasm that Kenshin rated as the most valuable in this war - a wormhole that disregards the needs to conquer and occupy.

"No way..."

"That's just like Magellan's..." Assassin and I are in disbelief.

The cracking sky shatters, and five objects free fall from the sky. The first four are considerably big, but the last one is as massive as the Statue of Liberty.

They land on the middle the Base, causing massive shockwaves that ragdolls buildings like debris. All those weapons El-Dorado have built are virtually wiped out from an entrance alone. The other human beings and I were able to survive the meteor-like landings because the Servants defended us, but if these behemoths land in the middle of Cusco...

And as now is the daytime, their towering profiles can be seen clearly. Four of them shaped like a mix between a bull and an insect, their main body is big enough to house many smaller machines inside of them. They are undoubtedly the Carrier-type machines that Bell has informed us.

Carrier-type

The massive one seemingly emulates the appearance of a spartan warrior but clad in blinding gold fits to a king. Its face shaped in a way resembling a rotting corpse, exhibiting yet another perverted sense of aesthetic its designer has. Giant arms with the size of a tower, body made entirely of strong metal, glowing green sensors that scan the surrounding to massacres, a man of steel that only exists in the realm of modern fiction.

A man-made machine of destruction, an angel of war from the future -- Machine Lord.

Machine Lord - Zeta

"Production name: Zeta." said Leader.

Zeta raises its arms, and the clawed fingers detached to reveal gun barrel-like holes. The detached clawed fingers split like an umbrella, becoming propellers that allow independent flight as drones.

Without spending any further, the invasion finally begins.

Critical Choice!

Reminder, Bell has given the gang this following info about the five enemies in front of them:

- Carrier: The machine houses many other machines inside of its body. The legs can be used to crawl on vertical walls. It was made with the data of SFA Rider's Noble Phantasm, meaning it is very-very durable.
    - Machine Lord: This type is generally as strong as a Servant. It was made with the data of SFA Rider's Noble Phantasm, meaning it is very-very durable. It was made with the data of SFA Archer's Noble Phantasm, meaning it has a very high offensive capability.

Choose three of the below carefully and Lestari (and the others) will survive this encounter. However, the lives in danger are not only her own, but many civilians living in Cusco. You can also add details to the pre-existing choices if you wish.

1) Fight offensively. (You can't choose both 1 and 2)
    2) Fight defensively. (You can't choose both 1 and 2)
    3) Prevent the machines from targetting the city.
    4) Prevent the machines from targetting the soldiers.
    5) Use Kenshin's Echigo no Ryu - True Name Release to wipe out the enemies.
    6) Use Magellan's Victoria to wipe out the enemies.
    7) Use Assassin's Yorei no Hanzo.
    8) Heal Kenshin.
    9) Activates the bombs you have planted before.
    10) Writes-in!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bombs + Victoria + heal Kenshin. The chaos should disorient the enemies and stop further action on their part which should hopefully set up for Kenshin to clean up shop.