Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    As for 34, Lestari doesn't need to repair or maintain the ship as she can make it levitate with her electricity. The only reason why she gives the spell 10-hour limit is that she was planning for runaway/capture the ship. While all of your points are reasonable and certainly you can recruit the pirates to be your friends, others already voted their vote so we go with this choice either way.
    Yeah, fair enough. It's just that I've been playing too many ship games lately (that ship game and some more).

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    INTERLUDE

It was a typical day like any other day.

She visits her family on the weekend if she can, as she was a recent graduate that still has an optimistic outlook, a pure and hopeful girl waiting every day in anticipation about her once uncertain future.

That year was 2017, and she still has those glittering perception of reality minutes ago.

In front of her, there is a figure shrouded in black robes and hood, seemingly female. Her perfect porcelain skin, her awe-inspiring body figure that can be mistaken as both adult or teen, and her melting sweet voice; all so fair it almost otherworldly.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧What do you wish?

The Hooded Figure

The hooded figure just speaks normally, in the same tone that a stranger you met in a random street asking for direction, natural sounding and uncaring.

But that what makes her frightening. The sheer indifference in her tone and expression, continue to gaze at the trembling girl with piercing eyes as if there is nothing unusual about the scenery she was in, making her inhuman and cold.

After all, The figure stands amidst the sea of freshly murdered human corpses. Some were recognizable, but most of them reduced into something... far from the most sadistic men able to do.

Among the recognizable corpses whos still retain their humanoid appearance, there are the girl's loved ones.

The girl, unlike the figure, is very human in every sense of words.

She is trembling, she sits frozen, tears flow from her eyes, blood rush violently in her vein, her heart beats echo through her own ears. Everything she sees, she hears, she felts, she perceives, all don't match up with what she wants to believe in.

Her brain and heart shut down refusing to accept it.

After all, a few minutes ago, a few minutes before this figure suddenly appeared, her loving family still everything she wishes to be.

Her family is a lineage of Magi, a very old but a dying one.

After a symptom shown from many siblings and nephews, it was expected that her father will be the last and their magic circuit will be gone forever.
    Her grandfather, once was a very proud, honored, powerful and ambitious Magus, seems already given up after hundred years of pursuit. Instead sought for a way to restore it till the very end, he accepts that fact as their destiny. He wishes that his son should enjoy his life to the fullest, a sudden and absurd change of heart compared to the family's dark ritual he practices. He thought that happiness was something that their dying family can't achieve by pursuing the Root.

Then, her father did just that.

He married a woman he loves. Someone far from the family's bleak world, figuratively and literally, an ordinary person from the southeast, as normal as she can be, no matter the angles you took from her background. That is her mother.

And yet, her mother's belly is able to produce a miracle. Her daughters have potential that far exceed all of their dead siblings. Even though compared to other magi, they are anything but special, they are still a new found hope from the already dying family.

The youngest one, while superior from her sister, too sweet to be a member of the cruel world of Magecraft. The eldest one, while inferior, is more responsible and have the necessary mentality of a Magus. The family decided that they can't push their luck farther, and wisely choose the elder as their heir. The youngest one accepts without any remorse, wishing her sibling good luck. They are living a happy life.

But all of them is instantly robbed in mere minutes.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧What do you wish?

The figure asks again in a nonchalant way, without considering the feeling and mental state of the girl, the same question she has been asking, in the same indifferent tone.

The girl, finally found her senses way back to reality or perhaps forced to, finally answers by using all of the mental strength she has:

I want to survive覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

She passed out afterward, seemingly spare herself from eternal madness by mustering her courage.

The hooded figure, the same being that didn't budge an inch from the horrifying carnage she does, finally show a sign of emotion.

Year: 2022
    Day: Day
    Health: Excellent--->Good
    Magical Energy: Poor--->Good

The engines and horns of vehicles, ringing phones and public announcers, conversations between gentleman and family, mixing together to create a strange but harmonious noise pollution. From the crowded crossroad full of business suits to students rushing in hurry, a real and first-hand sight of Japanese busybodies that often represented in television media. It is very clear that this is, in fact, a land located in Japan.

It has been a day since I landed on the outskirt near Fuyuki, the first thing I do is immediately make a base. I say a base, but it just a lump of metals pieced together with electromagnetism extracted from the pirate ship I hijacked a few days ago.

As for the pirate ship, obviously, I can't enter a national border with a ship that big, so I left it stranded on the sea. I can disturb detection from radar and other things with my Carcer, but I can't hide it from photographic and visual perception. But a room-sized, 3-meter tall metal box can slip in during the night, and I can make it submerge using my electricity for a few minutes. I also take the pirate's laptop and phones, as I can use them as terminals to perform Recursion.

Wiseup!

Carcer

Latin for "the Prison". The figure is the outline of an enclosure, a link in a chain, or prison cell. It is usually bad in situations and denotes delays, setbacks, or bindings. Astrologically it is associated with Capricorn and Saturn retrograde; its inner and outer element is earth. It refers to immobility, and also thereby strength. Depending on the question it could indicate a restriction or a source of willpower. It is generally unfavorable but can be favorable in questions involving stability or security. It is associated with the knees and skeletal system of the body.

Lestari use Carcer to create a circular electric barrier that defends her surrounding, it has a side effect to disturb detection like radar and sonar wave.

It cost the same amount of 4 magic circuits.

But perhaps I'm being lucky, the defense that holds the national border near the city is surprisingly unguarded. It would make sense for a standalone Faction like New Japan heavily guard every corner of the nation, but perhaps, they thought that Fuyuki and its nearby cities are strategically unimportant? Not like I understand military tactics.

base

That metal box comes alongside me here, in the middle of a jungle on the north-west of Fuyuki, seemingly looks like a self-sufficient home.

Anyway, the morning feels really great today. It has been months since I set foot in a city.

Things that I learn from on the run for years is to act normally. Using hood or mask to hide your face is a no-no, as people will be suspicious toward you and profile you more. Just change your hairstyle and your general expression from the old poster, and your dress style and people will think you are just a visiting tourist.

Of course, things that require ID or any kind of identity check can't be done, that's why I can't stay at a hotel despite carrying so much money. But I can still go to a restaurant and grab some foods. It seems that Dan planned to buy food here as the pirate ship doesn't have enough food to feed one person.

"Maybe, I should try some sushi or a bowl of ramen..."

But for a city that held a deadly ritual five times, I expect something much more ancient and mystic. Of course, it seems the city has a Buddhist temple and a church, but that's not too different from most Japanese city, no? Or maybe, I should commend the three founding families able to hide the mysticism of the land to this extent?

That's right, my aim is to visit one of the three founding families, hoping to find a solution for my status as a Master.

Tohsaka, Einzbern, and Makiri. Those are the name of the three families. It would be a hassle to search where they live, as there is no map of the city can be found here, not even in the train station. But thankfully, I already did my research on this city, I know where the three families reside even though the information might be outdated.

Tohsaka is the owner of the land, understanding the leylines and secrets of this city more than anyone. They live in a mansion in the south-east of the shopping district.

Einzbern is the creator of the Holy Grail- the third magic, having the truth of the true nature of Holy Grail War and the wish-granting device itself. Presumably lives in a western castle in the far south-west outskirt of the city.

Makiri is the maker of the Servant Summoning System, holding the knowledge of how to summon a Servant and the binding curse that is the Command Spell. Living nearby Tohsaka's.

I'm sure families that already done such ritual five times will be more than happy to have this Command Spell, and effectively removing potential competitor without effort.

A win-win solution.

Choices!

It's been so long since Lestari have the freedom to choose her own food! Where should she eat? (You can write in what to buy)
    1. Sushi Restaurant
    2. Traditional Ramen Stall
    3. Convenience Store
    4. Fastfood

On more important things, which family she needs to visit first?
    a. Tohsaka
    b. Einzbern
    c. Makiri

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2c

I'll be surprised if
    The Old Man
    the Makiri
    actually lasted this long. Considering this is an offshoot from the GO-verse, I'm guessing Marisbilly's victory still applies?
    Last edited by SleepMode; September 26th, 2018 at 09:39 AM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    What can I say, I want to be a spoilerman...

-but stay tuned!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    2c

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    ​2c

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Good

"Hmmm... I think Ramen is more authentic and easy to find?"

I figured I can literally find Ramen stall as I go to Makiri's residence, throwing two birds with one stone.

So I walk through the shopping district, as it is the fastest route to my destination. As I get nearby to Makiri's, the city becomes less crowded. Which is weird, I definitely expect a district dedicated to selling everyday goods will be busier than what I see.

The more I try to perceive, this city starts giving me bad vibes. "Something is wrong here," I thought.

But!

"Irasshaimase!" Say the owner (or I think he is) in a warm welcome and iconic Japanese restaurant catchphrase.

"Uh, ah... Nihon aishiteru-!....?"

Ignoring my botched Japanese and the funny looks he gives me aside, ramen time, hell yeah!

Spoiler:

Though, I expected something much more... traditional.

Uwaaah, we don't have this in London, I think. It is simple enough for me to understand that I order by pressing the button, but come on, can't they be much more tourists friendly? At least put a picture next to the Japanese words, geez!

"Tonkotsu... tonkotsu... which one is the tonkotsu ramen...?" I heard that was the most classic choice of ramen, so I want one.

At that moment, I remember I have Dan's phone. I can use its image translator to translate this menu. Ah, there is no internet here? He doesn't have a Japanese dictionary installed too, oh no."Ano- internet? Wi-fi? Onegai?" What the fuck am I saying?
    "No, we don't, internet here. Because,
    New Japan
    新日本
    ." And he answers with equally butchered English before giving up and starts using Japanese again, crossing his arm in X pose.

"???? arigato..." Given up because the giant wall called language barrier, I decided to thank him and end the conversation. I decided to randomly press the button, somewhat forgetting that I probably able to use basic geomancy for this simple stuff.

"This one is the tonkotsu." Says a young man in a hoodie, as he pressed the ticket for me.

"Thank you."

The young man wears a black hoodie, and his face is concealed by his hood. He proceeds to sit next to me as he silently waits for the order.

The owner starts cooking after he confirmed what we ordered. He swiftly prepares the ingredients: noodles, broths, some chopped meats, eggs; in conjunction with the cooking utensils such as knives and other machines as he finely chopped and boils them. He is very skillful doing that it almost can be considered a mini-attraction.

"Here your order." Says the owner, once again trying to speak English.

"Thank you." As I no gourmet or a harem protagonist, I can only say: the smell is nice, the taste is great, and I probably need a second.

Look, what do you want? 30 minutes long of an essay about food?

"Are you looking for something here?" The young man starts a conversation, as he eats his own noodle.

"Something like that," I answer vaguely.

"What kind?"

"Something that can stop troubling me," I answer in a sarcastic manner, as this man start getting too personal.

"What kind of trouble?" He continues to press the issue.

"I appreciate your help earlier, but can we not?" I said angrily.

"Well, I'll just cut the case. Do you want a treat from me?"

I walk down the street, continuing my search for Makiri's residence. I only have the old picture and the old map (that I prepare before my journey) as I don't have the new ones. And the more I got nearby, the more uniform the people around here.

People in blue and people in green, aka the police and the military, seemingly patrolling the area.

Suddenly, harmonious masculine voices can be heard from the distance.

"(Key to Defense, Ready Anytime)!"

The military army seems has some sort of marching discipline, as they jogged in harmony and yelling some sort of military chants or slogans that I fail to understand. They even fully armed, as they armed themselves with outdated matchlock guns, all the same design.

Matchlock

How is the army doing here? Shouldn't the Japanese defense force's base in Ohsaka?

The police seem much less mobile, as they seem standing in standby as they seemingly protect a building there.

And that building there is The Makiri's, The Matou Mansion. Guarded by well-built officers and giant spiked fences.

(The army? In the middle of nowhere?)

I quickly hide myself to the nearest alley, seemingly forgotten the golden rule of not looking suspiciously.

Another yell, another wave of soldiers marches.

Once again another wave.

More wave.

More wave.

More wave, and keep continuing. As their number is seemingly reached thousands.

And then, in the middle of them, I saw a glimpse of something much more fearsome.

A warrior that is tall, big, and heroic-looking. Clad in a giant bulk of armor and demonic helmet, all red, standing in the middle of the army. No matter how I look at it, he dresses in a very definitive of a samurai's look that the West has an impression of. He doesn't seem to be armed, but that doesn't mean he is less dangerous.

He also seems accompanied by a woman dressed in black kimono, the mix between the complex flower patterns, the white-pale skin, and the natural prettiness of her painting-like face give an unforgettable image of regal and oriental beauty.

The red samurai's standout apparel and the sheer amount of Magical Energy he has, easily confirms that he is one of the strongest familiar possible to be summoned, that is a Servant.

New Japan Rider

Servant main usage is to be the familiar of a specially selected magus called a Master, fighting against each other in a ritual called Holy Grail War, but that's just how it supposed to be. Aside from those used by the now missing Chaldea Security Organisation to save the world from the apocalyptic threats of Beast I and II, there is never been an instance that Servant running amok without a Master, that fact alone is the reason why the world seems thrown into chaos.

This is the first time I encounter one.

(Why, why is a Servant here? Why am I here?!)

I ask myself, as I realize the true meaning of my situation-

Run! I need to run! My whole body alarmed me that I must run as fast as possible!

But where? Somewhere safe! Somewhere that I can hide!

Yet my objective is there, the Makiri's mansion is there!

But where to go?

Should I wait? But there is a chance that they will notice me. I don't know when they will go away from there. And what if I meet other soldiers when returning back way home?

As I being wary and focused too much on the red samurai, the woman next to him gazes in this direction.

The Woman In Black Kimono

Oh crap, crap, crap! Our gaze just meets!

Shi-

"I see you are looking for me. As did I, daughter of Elliwyn."

A voice of an old man suddenly calls me from the depth of the alley. The old man looks extremely ancient, even someone like me can easily discern that he is over a hundred years old and powerful, matching in age with some Heroic Spirits.

"Zolgen Makiri..."

Zolgen Makiri

Zolgen Makiri, a magus from Russia migrated to Japan in his pursuit for the Holy Grail. He is a master of summoning familiars, as he is the one that pioneered the summoning of Heroic Spirit and also almost all systems and rules used in the Holy Grail War, as he is the inventor of Command Spell.

"Kakakaka! You did your research well, as expected of Ambrosius's prized daughter!" He laughs, as he seemingly remembers something nostalgic.

"However, I go with Matou Zouken now. No-, that is also wrong, I go with just Zouken, as I already cast away that family name."

"Staying here will only get us thrown to prison jail." He leaves in the opposite direction of his home.

But I just stand there, confused about where the direction he goes.

He looks back at me as if there is something wrong. Then he widens his eye and laughs to himself once again as he understood the reason why I'm confused.

"No, not that. Do you want to surrender yourself to their care?"

"What-?"

"That is not my residence anymore, that's the prison jail I just am talking about. Come this way."

But I do not move, unsure of his real intention.

There is something that I don't like about him. He smells, the same odor of rotting the corpse, and blood can be smell from his body. The first thing that my instinct tells me, he is dangerous.

Besides, the nature of the Makiri's magecraft is something that can be called a vampire, he may even assault me trying to steal my body or something.

But he is the head of the Makiri family, someone that should understand my circumstances. The very maker of the most system in a Grail War, not just an heir that only tasked on the preservation of family secrets.

"No need to be alarmed, my ability as a magus is very incompatible fighting yours. Besides, I'm already done involving myself with youthful and reckless anomalies. And of course, there are many things you want to talk about the Command Spell in your left arm, I'm sure." Noticing my hesitations, he once again assures me and provides a very good argument.

The merit is there, but what's about the danger?

Dream Shroud (Again!)

Dream Shroud: Hello, miss me?

Dream Shroud: A quickie! Whenever you met a Magus or a Servant in a certain radius, I can show their estimated amount of Health and Magical energy to you! What are you, a cheat LN protagonist?!

>Wow you are telling me that YOU are actually useful?!

Dream Shroud: I know right?! Let's see, Zolgen Makiri...

Health: Poor
    Magical Energy: Poor

Dream Shroud: Hmm, it seems he already uses a lot of energy to barely stay alive! A reminder that a human character will perform their physical feats such as running and punching badly the less their Health has, meaning a healthier character will be much faster and powerful than the less healthy as a general rule. Unless they are monsters of a Magus, Homunculus, or some sort, these rules generally apply! Magical Energy can be tricky though, as I can't give you the number of circuits they have... Anyway, ciao!

Choice!

Follow Zouken?
    1. Yes, he is the creator of HGW
    2. No, he is dangerous
    3. Go to Matou's Mansion
    Last edited by Spartacus; February 9th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.

Blog Entries

More curious to see where this leads than anything else.

Now Revamped!

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    We'll get more answers if we are careful and follow him. 1.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    As I no gourmet or a harem protagonist, I can only say: the smell is nice, the taste is great, and I probably need a second.
    heh

Also follow the suspicious old man into the alley, what could possibly go wrong?
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound. 1 but be prepared to run away as far and fast as possible.

Blog Entries
    well, no point turning back anyway

1. Yes, he is the creator of HGW

It's not surprising that the Makiris lost their household and any possible influence they had, I doubt the Tohsakas and Einzberns received any different kind of treatment.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Very short chapter, hence the fast update

================================================== ==================

Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Good

"Alright."

I decided to follow Zol- Zouken. Chickening out after coming this far will only waste my time and fills me with regret in the future. Besides, there is no other choice for me anyway, there is a Servant near the Matou's residence, I mean, their former residence.

"So, where are we going?"

"Nothing in particular, we simply moving around to avoid contact with the police, army, and the Servants."

"So you have familiars all around the town."

"Kakakaka! You catch on quick, girl. I have my worms all over the city, or else, I can't fool a Servant's eye."

Come to think of it, that's probably why he able to locate my exact location and contact me in perfect timing. With his worms acting as surveillance cameras around the city, he can easily evade places filled with the army. Even they destroy them, he can just easily provide replacements.

If I put myself in his pursuer perspective, it is irritating that we know he still around from the existence of his familiar in the city, but unable to capture a simple old man until now.

"Looking at your house, why not just leave this city?"

"An Elliwyn like you should know better than anyone. I can't just simply run from this land, even though the city is hardly suitable for our blood, this area is the most suited for our Magecraft. As my bloodline was dying just like yours in the past, I can't risk a single bad decision. So, here I am, trapped in this city."

"....."

A dying family.

The Makiri suffered a cruel fate that their Magecraft almost reach their end. This kind of problem was never rare, but it always scary and heartbreaking to hear such things. Losing your capacity to perform Magecraft means losing your right to be part of the world of Magi, and most of us don't know how to live without Magecraft. Living without Magecraft is pretty much the same as death.

That is also the reason why I know Zouken's background and the type of Magecraft they practice, as he is an old acquaintance of my grandfather. A fellow dying family with the same fate, trading each other information in the pursuit of a cure. My grandfather has collaborated with him to save our formerly dying family, but he gives up half way and leave Zouken afterward.

Meanwhile, Zouken has been trapped in his heartbreaking effort to save his bloodline. I speculated that is one of the reasons the Holy Grail War invented.

"How is Ambrosius doing?" Ask Zouken.

"I didn't know, I never contacted my grandfather since this symbol appears." I raise my left arm and showing the tattoo-like curse with seemingly branch motif, the Command Spell. "I can only run away when those happen so suddenly, I even unable to think anything besides my own safety or ask for his blessing."

"Ah... my condolences."

"It's alright, I have moved on from that."

"Then, you wanted to understand the Command Spell in your hand, didn't you?" Ask Zouken as we move on from the heavy atmosphere to something much more important.

"Yes," I say firmly.

"Very well, I can answer that and couple of your questions. But I do need something as an exchange, my information is not free."

"Of course, I prepared for that. We Magi didn't act out of kindness, no, we human act to profit."

It's only natural, equivalent exchange.

Just like a merchant sells goods in exchange for money, or just like mage performs Magecraft in exchange for magical energy, so does information. The information he held was a culmination of his years creating Holy Grail War and living in this far away land (with weird army and Servants inside to boot). If anything, I can't trust someone that suspiciously act out of kindness to a stranger.

"Then, I want to know about you, prized daughter of Ambrosius, Lestari Elliwyn. How can a dying spellcaster like Ambrosius's 14th son able to give an adept heir?"

Choice

Agree to exchange information with Zouken?
    1. No
    2. Yes

If Yes, provide 3 question you wanted to ask. Note that some question may overlap with each other, choose carefully.
    a. The Command Spell in my forehand
    b. The circumstances around Matou Residence and other families
    c. The whereabouts of the other Magi in the city
    d. The circumstances with the army and police
    e. About the Servants
    f. What's going on with this city?
    Last edited by Spartacus; July 6th, 2020 at 05:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    2a, b, f
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; October 1st, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    You mean, 2a, b, f?
    1 is a No.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    whoops
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    A,B,F

Now Revamped!