死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 & 4, let’s learn about the new characters
    5, some more background info would be always helpful

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3, 4, 5
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    2, 3, 5
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    This must be the work of an enemy Assassin!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Icon of Self-Deprecation Xaodzilla's Avatar
    ​3, 4, 5

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Day: Night
    Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Good

"Well then, I am curious about Rider and Saber."

Caster brings three cups of tea for us to drink. "That is... unexpected." Caster widen her eye as she hears my question and proceeds to cover her laughing mouth with her kimono.

"Heeeh, so you are more concerned to learn about other people more than the one you currently talking with? And here I want to boast about my great achievement."

"No, no! I just wanted to know the others since I hardly interact with them!" I answer in a haste to not giving them the wrong idea.

"Nah, I'm just messing with you." And Nobunaga laughs her ass off and makes an impossible cartoonish expression. "Anyway, Shingen and Kenshin, was it?"

I nod, then Nobunaga immediately starts talking while sipping the hot tea. This tea smells nice, I can tell this tea are high quality. Caster then gives a 'go ahead' gesture to me, I give another nod as a sign of my thanks and proceed to drink it happily.

"Shingen... he is the most cunning and logical among us. Behind that mask lies a calculative brain that analyzes and maximize others ability to the fullest. I know he dreams to unite the world in one banner, and that's on the same line with mine." Explain Nobunaga.

"As a Servant, he is a better tactician at much more conservative warfare than me. I did defeat him in the past, but that's because I took the 3rd option to fully invest myself on technology development. Now we have the same resource, things will be much more tricky. Ah, but my Noble Phantasm literally counter him though, so no biggie!"

If my history is not wrong, her matchlock formation destroys his famed cavalry without much a fight. So, there is a strong conceptual advantage her Sandanuchi has over his Kiba Gundan.

"As for Kenshin, she is the most ideal driven among us. The reason why I didn't get along too well with her, other than my suspicion, is how inflexible she was over things she didn't agree with. She seems to appreciate the result of me unifying Japan becomes what it is today, but she can't agree with my method."

"Individually, She is a better Servant than I am, as she is much more a warrior than a tactician. Her third Noble Phantasm is very powerful, but the price to activate it is way too great. But even if she uses that Noble Phantasm, I will emerge the victor because my abilities are literally made to kill her!" She adds.

Now if I think about it, they are the exact opposite in term of their epithets. Kenshin was revered as the god of war Bishamonten the champion of Buddhism, but Nobunaga fancies herself as the Demon King Hajun. With her Dairokutenmaohajun, it seems there is no way for Kenshin to win against it.

"I see..."

"Then? You have another thing to ask for?" Ask Nobunaga.

"Since joining you means fighting for this Faction, I want to know the reason for its creation. Why do you enter the war, what are this Faction fighting for?"

It's a simple reason. If you join an organization, you must agree with its goal. If not, at least there is something you can profit from it.

"This tea is my favorite." Nobunaga sips her tea again. "Do you know what type of tea we currently drink?"

"No..."

"Earl Grey tea, it's an import. It's taste good, don't you agree?"

"so you import this from Europe?"

"Yes, and it's very expensive." States Caster.

"At the time of war such as right now, it's to be expected that the price will go high, though? Especially European Confederation is technically an enemy of New Japan."

"It is, but the payment is not simply money alone." Nobunaga clenches her fist in frustration and hides her eyes with her decorated hat. "You know how they import it here? Using military vehicles."

I have heard of it. It is an old practice of powerful nations on trade missions, promoting their goods and cultures, while subtlely but clearly threatening the other nations by showing off their immense military might.

"Do you know how much rage I have, watching numerous battleships with banners that are not the Hinomaru flag stationed in our border? For decades, my people can't live freely in our own soil, and that's something I can't accept!" The table shook. Out of pure force from her clenched fist, she able to shake the entire table and the teacups ragingly.

But when I come here, there are no battleships left. And unlike the Japanese ships, she doesn't have a button to order them to back off. So, there is only one thing able to explain what happened to them.

But then she smiles. "So from that sentiment, our noble goal is born: world unification." Explain Nobunaga as she brings her fist of rage to her chest.

"Despite how improved the modern world is compared to my era, it is far from a utopia. If there is only one banner up in the sky, there is no need to raise an army as there is no nation to oppose."

World unification, one banner in the sky. From her anger, no matter how she masks it, it is clear what she wanted to do.

A conquest.

And the moment I heard her passionate dream, I froze. The person in front of me, despite being clumsy, is the same person that willing to burn her future subject to the ground if she sees fit. This is the person who willing fully claim herself as the devil, and she will not hesitate to genocide an entire race if she can do the same to her people.

And she glares at me now, silently. Her eyes flaming with impatience, wanting a straight answer from me right here, right now.

"Prime Minister, it's clear her resolve or lack of, is undisputed no matter how hard you try to press her." Caster unexpectedly interrupts.

"What? She already has a second-second chance already!"

"Give her a little more, as long she still here, she can't run nor do anything rash." Caster pushes my back out from the room.

"Wait, Ichi! What are you-" Caster close the door and that cut off Nobunaga's voice.

"Is this alright?" I ask, frankly.

"Fufufufu, no need to feel sorry about it." Laugh Caster happily.

"It would benefit me if you continue to be yourself." Once again, this woman keeps being a mystery, unlike the pure demon king.

Bond Point

Dream Shroud: I'll inform you the last of the Sorcery Trait Dream Shroud ability, the ability to view the Bond between you and any Servants you interacted with, including taking a peek of their past.

Dream Shroud: The maximum number of Bond to a single Servant is 5. And the more you Bond with Servant, the more certain they will join you. Be cautious though, some Servants need a higher Bond point to be trusted than the others!

Dream Shroud: Right now, both Nobunaga and Caster reach Bond 1. You may see their past in your sleep. That's it, bye!

New Japan Servant' Status Screen Updated

New Japan Archer

Strategy B
    The ability to perceive things such as diplomacy and logistics in a large perspective, assuring victory before the battle begins.

Nobunaga excels on a long-term battle with a lot of planning. Against an enemy with the same rank on Military Tactic or Strategy, her advantage is mostly during the preemptive strike to ensure her battle plan to be successful.

Demon King A
    A monster that had her past’s way of being distorted later on due to the image she had when she was alive. Her abilities and figures ended up transformed.

In Archer’s case, it is possible to voluntarily activates and deactivates it due to it being her own self-proclamation while alive. She is able to receive all the benefits and none the demerits.

A Skill falsely similar to Innocent Monster.

Dairokutenmaohajun
    Demon King of The Sixth Heaven

Rank E~EX
    Anti Divine
    Range: -
    Maximum targets: -

Dairokutenmaouhajun.

The true Noble Phantasm of Demon King Nobunaga, destroyer of gods and buddhas. A Reality Marble that transforms her into an existence wielding an absolute power against those possessing mystery and divinity.

The severe deeds that she had done during her live, represented in her setting ablaze Mt. Hiei, turned into a Noble Phantasm.

By means of the fear of Nobunaga that the people would embrace and accumulate in later years, and of the sense of awe for Nobunaga, it materializes as a great inferno.

For those possessing a high divinity, it is hard to even maintain their existence within it.

However, those with low divinity would as expected only felt a little hot.

New Japan Rider

Military Tactics C+ ~ B
    An instinctive ability for utilizing tactical knowledge in battlefields where a large number of people are mobilized. An advantageous modifier is acquired when using one’s own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when conversely dealing with an opposing Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Gain a special advantage over other Sengoku era Servant due to his status as 'the best strategist in Japan.'

Shingen excels in straight up warfare, in an open battle between forces, Shingen will come triumphantly against an enemy with the same Military Tactics rank, as he will display the Skill in B rank in this subject.

Kiba Gundan
    Ever Forwarding Warhorses

Anti Army
    Rank E+
    Range: -
    Maximum Target: 3000 Person

The special horses that specially trained for war by the Takeda clan, a Noble Phantasm that formed from the anecdotes that Takeda's cavalry is the strongest in Japan. These horses are so well trained that, they killed their own animalistic instincts causing them to have no fear toward anything, even to the sight of Noble Phantasm.

Their top speed is only little higher than a Servant with A rank AGI stats and far weaker than those famed mounts. But its true strength lies in their number, Shingen has 3000 of these horses in total, which if his horse been killed, he can just materialize another. With enough magical energy, he may able to summon all of them and armed his army with it. They also able to be trained from ordinary horses if he wishes so, but it takes quite some time before they are ready to be used.

Please note, that despite they fearless toward anything doesn't mean they immune from attacks. Because the anecdotes that this cavalry completely obliterated by Nobunaga, they are weakened from any form of modern weaponry attack or heroes with Innovation skill.

New Japan Saber

Military Tactic C

A Skill that display one expertise in mobilizing an army, rather than a dueling combat. Allow Saber to chose the best course of actions during combat with numerous forces. To win a war, it is not only decided by the tactics that deployed in battles- administrations, organizing and training troops, economy, agriculture, but network and morale were also instrumental factors. In a way, Saber is in her best under an unorthodox warfare.

On Baishiramantaya Sowaka
    Mantra - Avatar of Bishamonten

Anti Unit
    Rank EX
    Range: 1 Unit
    Maximum targets: 1 Person

The divinity of Bishamonten that Kenshin unknowingly possesses since birth and the belief of her as God of War by friends or foes alike has been manifested as a Noble Phantasm. By channeling every single aspect of his teaching, which are: knowledge seeking, the desire of victory, pure thought and the will to protect others while chanting his mantra; Kenshin create a one-way road for the Divine Spirit to come to the world of man using her body as the anchor.

Her parameter, Skills, Alignment and Saint Graph change into Bishamonten's, while Kenshin's reach Awakening. Awakening in this sense is acceptance over nothingness and release every worldly personal attachment, which basically the Mind leaving the Body. What left is her physical body that inhibited by the Divine Spirit, essentially becomes a Pseudo Servant Bishamonten.

By itself, it is a very powerful Noble Phantasm, but using this is essentially surrendering the war. As Kenshin replaced with Bishamonten, the one who will gain the wish is the latter. And for her Master, Bishamonten is essentially a different Servant and therefore, unaffected by the pre-established contract they made with Kenshin.

The name of this NP come from the mantra used to refer Vaisravana.

It has been hours since I am returned to this guest room and spent all my time thinking should I join them or not.

They are surprisingly nice, especially Caster. She has been on my side all the time, even if she is hard to read. Perhaps we can see things eye to eye after all. I guess if they really believe in what they say, I shall join them.

Yeah, living by myself and constantly running is not fun. Joining a Faction means I am being protected by that Faction too, and there is four of them, which from their parameter alone seems really strong. I guess, there is no need to think harder any longer.

But Nobunaga's ambition is too much for me. As a mage, I never cared about others live, but to commit world conquest willingly is simply...

"We need you, quick." Caster suddenly opens the door.

"Uh, huh? Wait-" She grabs my hand and force me to stand. My arm seems to be strained by the force from a Servant's D rank Strength. "You don't need to be so rough! You can act normally like before."

"That's only to make you comfortable and slowly win you over, but now it's emergency." Answers Caster coldly.

The truth has been spoken, just like that, she and the entirety of this Faction betray my heart. But instead crying out of frustration, I steel myself to brace the sudden situation that I hardly understand and have control with.

"You are finally here. Nobunaga, do whatever you need to do. I will intercept her." Says Shingen.

She brings me to the other two Servants, seemingly ready to take action. Their determined expression clearly explains something alarming has happened. But Kenshin is nowhere to be found.

And in front of them, a giant magic circle that I have seen before by Zouken. A summoning circle to summon a Servant.

"I don't think she was such a fool." Shingen leaves, summoning a horse inside a closed room and break the glass in a hurry.

"You are the foolish one, Shingen. It is only natural for us warlords, to challenge something far from reach, and for her, it is her own ideal."

No way... did Kenshin betray them? I know they weren't got along very well, but I thought they were allies!

Nobunaga turns her head toward me, "You know how to do a Servant summoning ritual, right?" I know from the way she says and phrases it, it's an order.

"...Yes."

Of course, I have knowledge about it. At this time of age, who doesn't? The moment the world realizes Servants summoned here and there, they race searching for people capable of becoming a Master.

But they found no one.

Not from any Magus, noble or commoner alike, no one qualified to be a Master. Not even Masters from the past Holy Grail Wars can. Until they found me...

"I noticed earlier inside your bag, you actually ready for this, am I wrong?" Says Caster.

"Now this is an opportunity to prove your loyalty. I know from the look of it, it's a catalyst to summon a Servant from my era. There is no way for a Sengoku period warrior to fight against Japan. Use that." Press Nobunaga.

The catalyst Nobunaga mentions is an amulet with the Tokugawa crest ascribed in it.

I nod, confirming that I will embrace the status of a Master, not addressing to Nobunaga, but to myself. And begin the chanting.

"Silver and iron to the origin. Sand and the Archduke of contracts be the root. The ancestor is my great founder Eterna."

Yes, back in the ramen stall. A mysterious young man offers me this catalyst, weirdly for free.

"The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate."

Young lady, sooner or later, you must confront your destiny.

That young man pushes the catalyst to me as if confident I will accept it.

"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Repeat every five times. Simply, shatter once filled."

What am I saying is, you must become a Master, like it or not.

He tells me about the reality of my situation and proceeds to give me an obvious solution I hesitated to choose for so long.

"I plea-----! Your self is beside me, my heart is in your grasp."

Fear not, I'm not your enemy. Though, I also not your ally. Let just says, I able to profit from this without harming you by any means.

He gives me a vague motivation and assurance. I already inspect the item and there is nothing wrong or tampered with it.

"In accordance with the approach of the unknown Holy Grail, if you abide by this feeling, this reason, please answer."

By summoning a Servant, you get a reliable friend too. Because by nature, Servants are stronger than us. And I can provide you with a catalyst quite broad in connection towards many figures from the past.

By that he means I can narrow down the Servant I summon will be competent, while their personality still very matching as a partner. He basically guarantees no matter who I summon, they will be loyal to me.

"Here is my oath. I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead, I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead."

Deep from my heart, I wish you luck.

And just like that, he disappears without notice, only leaving this catalyst behind.

"You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ――!"

Surges of electricity travels through the circle like a lightning bolt, it flashes the entire room and surprises both Caster and Nobunaga. And in the middle of it, stood a figure.

"In accordance with your heartful plea, I answer to your summon."

A friend, my first one I get since the last five years.

"I am a Servant of the Class---

Choose your Servant!

Just like Magecraft, you can't change the Servant even you run to a game over, so choose really carefully. Don't bother with power level, their combat capability is the same. They are both loyal to you, so there is no worry in that department.

They are both trash by the way.
    Last edited by Spartacus; November 3rd, 2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Assassin

Espionage and Subterfuge all the way.

Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Assassin!!!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Saber for shoujo plotline

US Friend Code
    Saber
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I see that we are going with the yuri ninja route.
    I should start reading Index again to master the art of subtle lesbian teasing.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking of bromance but this is fine too

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Naruto already got that covered.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I see that we are going with the yuri ninja route.
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    I was thinking of bromance but this is fine too
    Both are good.

Blog Entries
    shoujo ai is nice too