Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hmm.

Assuming the entity called Kenshin really is the traitor, then my guess is that Kenshin used her Bishamonten NP for some reason, maybe an ambush from an enemy Servant, and has been Bishamonten ever since. Bishamonten, being a god of War, got fed up with the passivity of the Japanese Citizens and partitioned himself in two like Ishtar did in Dead Heat Summer Race. So a clone lowers Japan's defenses while 'Kenshin' has an ironclad alibi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Day: Night

The Servant Saber, Uesugi Kenshin is in the rush to her targeted location.

To be precise, it is only five minutes after she left her residence and four minutes thirty seconds after her movement was reported to the entire New Japan. The Faction boasts their ability to quickly take measures against a sudden situation, and she knows that too well.

She has a very bold plan for that, albeit strategical.

The Servants of this war are a little different compared to the others Holy Grail Wars, all of them are linked and supplied directly by the 'Grail'. Of course, the term itself isn't accurate, as a Holy Grail that can't grant wishes is simply a mass of near infinite Magical Energy, a Mana Reservoir. And that supply cut off the moment they leave the area that linked with the Reservoir. Unless they have adjusted their link manually to the specific Reservoir in the area, they are basically a leaking single-use battery. This is also the reason why Servants of enemy Factions didn't simply just invade their enemy and the need of soldiers become relevant for them.

And below Ryuudou Temple is the place where Fuyuki's Mana Reservoir resides.

From that facts, her gameplan was simple: run straight to the Mana Reservoir as fast as possible and cut off their Magical Energy supply.

(This city leaves no opening, there is no place for me to move undetected. If I will get caught off in the camera anyway, may as well just go to the fastest route.)

Normally, she backs down on whatever dangerous plan Nobunaga has, as deep down she knows there is no chance for New Japan to emerge victoriously in this war. If they will definitely be defeated, there is no need to make a fuss about it as they will die before accomplishing anything. Of course, it would be different if she is the one on the top, but there is no point of such wishful thinking.

But now, it's not simply a fool's dream. And that possibility is what she fears.

(Sorry, Caster. I can't get along with her after all.)

With the Master on hand, there are many things Nobunaga reigned over other Factions. For example, she able to activates her Noble Phantasm much more frequently. Or another, she can invade other nation without caring that her Magical Energy being cut off from the local Mana Reservoir.

That is why she chooses now to make a move, as the Master still being unsure whatever to forge a contract or not.

With how sudden she takes action, there is no way the entire New Japan can fight, only those that on standby able to. That's will lower their strength considerably and avoid unnecessary bloodshed.

Before she comes to the rendezvous location, however, a garrison of military personnel, almost a hundred, has stationed in line to intercept her.

"Of course, it can't be that easy."

She gives a sigh, followed by a nostalgic smile.

"Are you sure to defend Ryuudou Temple? I understand if the enemy is from other Factions, but she..." The person who asks the question is a veteran that has survives three joint operations against terrorist groups in the past. He personally picked by Shingen as he understood both in and out of modern warfare, yet, the choice that his commander makes don't make sense to him.

"You don't know her. She is a person that always do the unthinkable, and taking us down together with her is something she perfectly has no qualm to do." The Commander, a Servant that took the name Takeda Shingen, explains his reasoning.

lIt stills puzzle him. He understands Servants are similar with Magi, that their supernatural abilities come from Magical Energy, and Servants main source of those are the Mana Reservoir. It is very tactical to consider cutting the supply to wear them down once spotting the locations. But Kenshin shares the same Magical Energy supply with others. So what is her goal exactly, what she is trying to accomplish? There is no way she wishes to usurp the Prime Minister if that was the case.

But here he is, despite questioning the order, organize the hundred battle-ready soldiers to make a garrison in less than five minutes. Meanwhile, Commander Shingen simultaneously foresees the garrison while arranging three hundred other soldiers on the way as reinforcement with a tactic in mind. He even stationed the police officers on a faraway place as there is high chance they will stay loyal to their former commander despite betraying the country.

Seconds later, a light blue silhouette dash on a speed that puts a rifle bullet to shame has stopped in front of their hastily made garrison.

The moment she stood in front of them, the veteran feels shivers that he never felt before.

"In accordance with your heartful plea, I answer to your summon."

In the middle of the white flash, a girl voice echo from the depth of far away throne. As the white flash drowned out, the silhouette of her figure becomes clearer.

Assassin

"I am a Servant of the Class Assassin."

A girl in a dry blood-colored outfit, yellow scarf protecting her neck and waist-length purple hair spoke. The crest in her right chest is the same one from the catalyst, a Tokugawa clan crest.

"Are you my Servant?" I ask the most obvious question.

She looks at me, seemingly lacking any impression without saying a word.

"Who are you...?" Ask Nobunaga.

"I am the most famous shinobi in the entire world, Lord Nobunaga." But this time, she proceeds to turn her sight toward Nobunaga and answers her.

"Uh... umm... You are my Servant, right?" I once again try gaining her attention.

But once again, she didn't give any attention toward her Master.

"The most famous ninja in the entire world???" Caster tilts her head in funny confusion.

"By that, you mean Hanzo..? But I never saw you, besides, he is..."

"Lord Nobunaga didn't know me? Real shame."

(A Heroic Spirit that knows me personally yet I don't?) Murmurs Nobunaga.

"Umm... Assassin!" Another chance, I try talking with her, with a little bit of yelling. "I'm your Master you know?"

This time, I get her attention. She looks at me, bored, then gives a pitiful sigh.

"Yeah, it is obvious. Our Magical Energy is linked, genius." And proceed to insult me.

Wha-! She is so pricky and rude! Like, FUCKING rude!

Umm, hooded young man person, are you sure this is a loyal Servant you talking about? She is anything but loyal to me!

"Anyway, I suppose with how cray-cray you people look, there is a mission from the get-go?"

"You catch on quick. Yes, Saber Uesugi Kenshin has betrayed us, and Rider Takeda Shingen trying to intercept her on Ryuudou Temple. You know those names, don't you?" Explain Caster.

"Lord Kenshin and Lord Shingen, big names. A good chance for me to prove myself."

The moment she heard those names, her eyes suddenly full of light and eager. Her disinterested and crude self is now full of youthful excitement. She then proceeds to approach me and grab my collar.

"Don't just stand there looking dumb, C'mon!"

"Uh, huh!?" She drags me like a grocery bag and jumps off to the broken window Shingen makes earlier. We fall from dozen meter high in high speed and proceed to jump around the tree like a typical ninja. The sudden shaking makes me want to throw the inside of my gut as I curse my Servant with all my might. "Assassin-!!!"

"Ichi, do you know her?" Asks Nobunaga.

"No, she seems didn't know me either. But from the crest in her right, she definitely a ninja employed by Tokugawa." Explain Caster happily.

"This is troublesome in a lot of ways. But our priority is to secure what is inside of Ryuudou Temple's basement for now."

Nobunaga has calculated it. Besides their loyalty, a Sengoku Servant will be easy to figures out and proceed to take countermeasures against them. But it seems that initial plan has failed as she unable to identify who is that kunoichi exactly. Instead, the one that actually happens is the opposite.

(I feel like I just make the gravest mistake in my life. But I was sure Tanuki's retainer of all people will prioritize Japan over anything else.)

It is not a baseless judgment, besides Kenshin and those related with the former Emperor, everyone from the Sengoku era competed to unite and better the country. It is the same dream, the only thing that differentiates them is who will rule, and the result satisfies all of the peasants regardless. That is why she fairly confident that even former enemy or those warlords she personally massacred will agree with her just like Shingen is, let alone a retainer of her closest ally.

(No matter... I can obliterate anyone easily, I'm the strongest.)

Yet, the feeling of uneasiness unable to escape her heart.

Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Good

"Slow down! Slow down!"

Currently, Assassin is dragging me like a baggage in supersonic speed, and despite how full of natural obstacles like tree trunks this course has, she able to evade all of them without scratching me or lower her movement speed to dodge the trunks. But I feel the need to throws up because Via Populus forceful magnetism isn't even this fast.

"Stop complaining, we are almost there. Besides, the faster we get there, the more option you have over this whole situation." Explains Assassin.

"Wait, you are doing this for me?"

"Of course, I'm your Servant."

Her personality may seem an utter crap, but it seems her ability is very reliable. The way she moves in the tree like a monkey, it is clear that she is a high-profile ninja with fantastical ability just like in the legends about them. I don't know what the option she talks about is, however, it seems her rude way of talking is not a reflection of her intention. She moving as fast as she can to give me that advantage and that I can appreciate.

But I don't know why, perhaps because we are linked together so I can feel her feeling, or maybe what the young man said about loyalty works as a superstition; her words feel so sincere that there is no ulterior motive I can sense coming from her. And for that-

"Thanks."

She smiles for the first time, albeit smugly and says, "Heheh, naturally, Master."

She really needs to works on her social skills, though.
    Last edited by Spartacus; November 8th, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

US Friend Code
    Ok, Assassin of Rude is starting to win me over. Let's see what she can do.
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My god Assassin is just like a smug little sister

It has been decreed, she shall be our little shit of a sibling-figure
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    My god Assassin is just like a smug little sister

It has been decreed, she shall be our little shit of a sibling-figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    Ok, Assassin of Rude is starting to win me over. Let's see what she can do.
    Wow, I like that name.

tldr If you choose Saber, he is a crazy survival dude who willing to eat grass if that means he will live for another day

Blog Entries
    Honestly both Survivalist Saber (who I assume is William Adams) and Assassin of Rude are amazing
    Last edited by SleepMode; November 7th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bring out the adoption forms, we have a daughter.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

The garrison of almost a hundred people has been waiting for her arrival. Making four lines of defense, ready to fire their bullets to their former boss.

The most famous rival of the Sengoku period is ready to clash. The attacker, Uesugi Kenshin charge to the enemy alone. Meanwhile, Takeda Shingen holds the defense behind his subordinates. It is almost the same with the event during the fourth Battle of Kawanakajima, the difference is, Shingen comes fully prepared.

"Anyone values their lives, go home." Kenshin sends out a divine-like aura. Regardless of her epithet as God of War is real or not, the slight tremble that Shingen felt in his body is deserving for her to be called as one.

And even someone on Shingen's caliber feels it. Now, the soldiers who once held their gun firmly shake their body uncontrollably as they can't hold their aim properly. The idea of fighting a Servant has been drilled to them, but they never fought one before, they only saw one fight. And among the Servant of New Japan, the person that claims to be Uesugi Kenshin hold the biggest service time as she massacres the human-bird hybrid that sent by the Phoenix Empire.

Combine those facts and her divine heritage, it is not their fault for feeling terrorized.

(Amazing. No matter how many times I see this, it is still a sight to behold. Her immense divine aura inflicts fears toward those with a weak mind. No matter how perfect the tactic you have carefully planned, no matter how great my generals' strategical mind is, in front of pure godly talent, everything will immediately crumble!)

This shivering feeling has earned his respect when they were alive, and it can be said that Shingen himself is Kenshin's biggest fan.

(But I still found it ironic. For her idealistic view about peace and justice, she enforces it with sending terror to those who disagree. And even after all that-)

"Stand back or we will shoot, Minister of Justice, no, Kenshin the traitor!" screams one of the soldiers.

"..." But the warlord stays silent. Instead, she looks at them as if they are stupid. She then takes a deep breath and takes a single step-

(FSN Track)

A hurricane flashes forward, "I'm the one making a warning, boy," she has shortened her distance less than an inch to the brave soldier. At that moment, she has drawn her sword and let the sharp princess cut loose.

"---!" The soldier's Noble Phantasm has been cut into pieces, his military uniform has been scratched everywhere, and blood start poured slowly from his freshly cut skin. The brave soldier soon falls down unconsciously from the sudden shock and pain.

The moment they saw one of them defeated, the young woman gives them a glare of death. It shivers through their spine as if being bitten and clawed by an invisible force, that's the incredible extent of her godly fighting spirit.

That's right, the person in front of them is the war god himself in the flesh. And they were expected to fight such a monster?

"No----!!! I don't want to be here!" The soldier next to the fallen brave one fall to his knee, then crawl and sprint abandoning his comrades out of fear.

"Idiot, don't run-!" another soldier looks back and yells to the deserter, but Kenshin punches the soldier's gut and as he falls, cut the Noble Phantasm gun into two and proceeds to break the others' and their Noble Phantasms nearby. Once again, she takes the soldiers out and knocks them unconscious.

"You are still a big softie."

"Oh, shut your mouth." An azure aura engulfs Kenshin's entire body, soon, the aura starts to solidify into a lizard-like skin. It's shrouded her entire body as a layer of azure armor.

Echigo no Ryu
    Heaven and Earth Crossed Rivalry
    , the dragon of Echigo. That's the name of the Noble Phantasm Heroic Spirit Kenshin poses, and it is her trump card as a Heroic Spirit. It activates passively all the time as an aura, and it continues to gather people's fright toward her into a layer of Magical Energy that boost her physical ability. Be it friendly or enemy, be it out of respect or fear, all of those will be collected as her weapon. It is a fitting Noble Phantasm for the one that said to be an incarnation of a war god.

However, despite doing nothing as of right now, something similar happens to Shingen. The same moment the azure aura took a form, the white aura of Shingen start to solidifies harmoniously. Unlike Kenshin's, the armor took the form of a mammal.

(It begins...) Shingen observes the change between him and Kenshin.

Kai no Tora
    , the tiger of Kai. Similar to Kenshin's in visual and ability, it is Shingen's go-to weapon as an individual. But unlike her, it collects the trust toward him into Magical Energy Armor. No matter who it was, if they have faith in him, out of respect or solidarity, all of those will be collected as his. A fitting Noble Phantasm for the man that command the best tacticians in the Sengoku period.

It is said that the two Servant is equal, as their might balance each other out so their rivalry becomes immortal. From that anecdote, the two Noble Phantasm gain a secret effect: as long as they are fighting against each other, the two Noble Phantasm will gain the same output, regardless of the condition.

In summary, if Kenshin's armor increase, so does Shingen's; and vice versa.

From this point, the numerous clash of Kawakajima's plain will be recreated in the modern city of Fuyuki.

"Sir, this is impossible for us!!!" Cries the veteran who watched their comrade completely defeated in distress.

"Fool, I will not throw all of you into a battlefield if we don't have the chance to defeat her. Don't fret, I'm the one that trains every one of you, remember? All of you are capable to slay her down." Reassure Shingen in his strong baritone voice.

"Y-yeah..."

"We trained so long for this!"

"Just like Lord Shingen has said!"

Despite saying that, they held the Noble Phantasm musket tremblingly. Shingen notices they haven't brace themselves, at least, not enough to fight a Servant.

"Key to Defense, Ready Anytime."

A baritone voice echo through the night sky. The moment they heard that, all the soldiers look back and point their sight to their commander.

"Key to Defense, Ready Anytime."

Shingen repeats it again. Again and again. Until someone among his soldiers notices and repeat it alongside him. Then someone next to the one that notices notices it too, then the one next to him, and another until all the soldiers repeat the word together loudly.

"KEY TO DEFENSE, READY ANYTIME!!!" Everyone yells the phrase. The phrase carries not a mystical meaning unlike a mantra, but it does carry the spirit of patriots. It is the phrase used by JSDF, and it symbolizes their pride as Japan's vanguard.

"UHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!" They let loose a hoarse and loud war cry, raging as if the world is shaking. Soon, all of the soldiers have their fighting spirit back. The word of their commander has brought them back to their sense, and they proceed to take positions waiting for their commander masterful orders.

Meanwhile, Kenshin looks at the soldiers regained their strength. She once again unsheathes the sword from its scabbard and held the sword high.

"Tsuru, help me."

The moonlight reflects and travels from the tip to the end of the blade. It almost as if the sword herself answer to Kenshin's whisper.

The two Heroic Spirit look at each other, and at the same time:

"Advance!", "First line, second line, fire!!!"

Lines of flame bullets, around fifty, fired in unison. Because it was two lines that cover both the ground and air, Kenshin has no space to run.

But instead of dodging, she runs through the bullets that will hit her body. She points her sword forward, then slices and deflects them so fast and accurate as if she knows where the exact point to hit, almost automatically, and creates a hole on the wall of bullets for her to go through.

"Disperse!" Shingen points his war fan forward.

The first and second line, which so close to Kenshin's strike range, disperse to their left and right and retreat. Kenshin able to slice some of them, but due to the coordinated dispersal, she only able to defeat lesser than twenty. Come next, the third and fourth line, the last fifty, barrage her with another bullets rain.

"Same trick---!" She once again proceeds to anticipate the bullets and deflect them with her automatic slicing, yet-

"Swift as a Wind." Shingen declares as he is waving his war fan in some sort of a pattern.

"---!"

The bullets, instead of hitting Kenshin, move to her left and evades her as if there is a train track for them to follow. "Magecraft!?" They unnaturally bend in the sky and proceeded to take an impossible turn and strike her back.

The impact makes a small blast that hides Kenshin's figure for a while. After it cleared out, her figure can be seen standing in a defensive position and dragon wings sprout from her back.

Echigo no Ryu

"I see, this is how the
    Furinkazan
    Four Letters of War Banner
    manifest..."

Behind Shingen's back, a giant banner, almost the size of a galleon's sail can be seen held high. It is another of Shingen's Noble Phantasm, his most versatile and powerful one. It has various uses, but right now he uses it to control the wind and creates a compressed current for the bullets to travel unnaturally.

Shingen also notices that Kai no Tora also took the form of a giant tiger, confirming she is successfully increasing Echigo no Ryu's output. But he unable to identify how she increases the output until he found out she no longer wields the sword.

Kai no Tora

"
    Himezuru
    Crane Princess
    , troublesome as always."

The crane princess has struck at some of his soldiers, and the soldiers around the defeated ones have fallen to their knees in fear. The sword trembles from one of the stabbed man, retract itself from the flesh, spin through the air and return to Kenshin's hand as if having a will of its own. "Thank you, Tsuru."

(With the level of armor I have right now, it will not stop the matchlocks to damage me. But with my speed is also boosted, I can evade all of their attacks.)

She achieves the speed that the Noble Phantasms guns unable to catch on and the access to the domain of dragons that is the sky with her wing. While Shingen also gains the same power-up, his soldiers didn't. After confirming her advantage, what comes next is simply a disaster.

The dragon rampages. A Seiryu is known as the guardian dragon that protects the east, but what she does right now is no different than the evil phenomenon known as Fafnir in the far West. A force of nature strikes from the sky, mercilessly massacres the entire army and strips them from their Noble Phantasms. Soon, the number of conscious military personnel reduced to simply less than ten.

As Kenshin approach and knock the veteran that is Shingen's right-hand man. The veteran let a smile escape his lips.

He heard the sounds of horseshoes stepping against marbles rang as he collapsed, it is a sound of victory toward New Japan.

"Finally, they are here," says Shingen.

Sanzensekai

Mounted cavalry, reaches three thousand and armed with the same Noble Phantasm matchlock of the same number arrived as a reinforcement. They are an army formed by the combination of the two strongest in Sengoku era: the strongest cavalry and the strongest weaponry, Kiba Gundan and Sandanuchi. It is no exaggeration that these forces are the trump card of New Japan.

"The
    Sanzensekai
    Three Thousand Cavalry
    corps, I can no longer hold myself back."

That's an understatement on Kenshin's part.

New Japan Servants' Status Screen Updated!

New Japan Rider

Kai no Tora

Rank C+++ (A)
    Anti Army (self)
    Range: -
    Maximum Target: 3000 Person

Dragon and Tiger- the two beasts have been fighting in eternity without triumphing each other. It symbolizes the Yin-Yang, a contrasting personality, heaven and earth, a duality between difference which results in harmony. That is the most famous anecdote possessed by both Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen. As it is an NP that symbolizes their rivalry, it is a paired NP that both of them possess.

It gives him the physical power of White Tiger, a guardian beast in Chinese mythos. Aside from the physical prowess of the mythical tiger that rivals a dragon kind, it grants him with strong immunity toward Magecraft, poison and heightens his sense. It can be shrouded to his mount such as his horse, becoming a tiger mount. It also able to be fired off, becoming an energy blast in tiger shape equivalent of C+++ Rank energy blast.

As the rivalry also represent the Yin-Yang, a harmony between an opposite force. In Fengshui, the tiger carries the Yin energy, that is the defensive or passive force. Thus, the aura itself is a physical manifestation of Yin energy, which is why Kai no Tora is more defensive oriented. The mirroring can be seen during Kenshin's famous charge on the 4th Battle of Kawakajima, where Kenshin on her offense to murder Shingen (aggressive force) while Shingen on the defensive (defensive force) and ended in a tie. Therefore, Kai no Tora and its counterpart Echigo no Ryu will release the same output regardless of the condition if they fought.

Since Shingen isn't actually related to a white tiger in any form, the optimal power he gains is weaker to those related to a white tiger has. As the tiger is a beast that known to be more powerful than man yet can be defeated by them in many legends, the more friends and foes perceive Shingen's might as powerful, the more they indirectly make his epithet as a 'Tiger' becomes real, this comes from the anecdote that Shingen able to gather the best general in all Japan. The energy they released into the air to perceive him will be converted into a mass of magical energy akin like Mana Burst and solidified as a tiger skin shrouded around Shingen's whole body. At his highest peak, its power can be comparable to those of boosting type A Rank NPs. On the other hand, this NP will render as useless to those who possessed high Charisma or anyone who thinks he is not an actual threat.

Furinkazan
    Four Letters of War Banner

Rank B
    Anti Army
    Range: 100 Unit
    Maximum Target: 3000 Person

A giant war banner that romanticized Shingen's tactical genius, Furinkazan.

It is a Bounded Field that grants him access to a Magecraft that allows him to control the element of Wind, Forest, Fire, and Mountain. As it is a Noble Phantasm that derived from his Military Tactics, The Magecraft only able to be applied with anything related to battle tactics and can't be applied outside of it.

The Wind element can be used to control air current to assist his arrows and bullets travels and home to the enemy, allowing them to seemingly bend in the air.

???

New Japan Saber

Himezuru Ichimonji
    Crane Princess Sword

Rank D
    Anti Unit
    Range: 1 Unit
    Maximum targets: 1 Person

A weapon that has a will on its own, a sword Guardian Spirit. It has the ability to detect enemy's attack to a certain degree and act as a weapon that assists Kenshin to fend off the attacks. It can also move on its own, as long Kenshin provides the Magical Energy it needed.

???

Echigo no Ryu

Rank C+++ (A)
    Anti Unit
    Range: 1 Unit
    Maximum targets: 1 Person

Dragon and Tiger- the two beasts have been fighting in eternity without triumphing each other. It symbolizes the Yin-Yang, a contrasting personality, heaven and earth, a duality between difference which results in harmony. That is the most famous anecdote possessed by both Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen. As it is an NP that symbolizes their rivalry, it is a paired NP that both of them possess.

It is an always active type Noble Phantasm that can be considered as Kenshin's trump card, taking form as an aura with an appearance of a Chinese Dragon shrouding Saber. As the Dragon is associated with the sky (heaven); Saber gains the ability to fly, boost her Divinity and gain the physical power of a dragon as long as it active, receiving a Dragon trait in the process. Unlike the Western dragons that synonymous with fire-breathing disasters, a Chinese dragon is often depicted as a guardian deity, as such- Saber didn't gain the fire-breathing ability that most dragons has. It also able to be fired off, becoming an energy blast in dragon shape equivalent of C+++ Rank energy blast.

As the rivalry also represent the Yin-Yang, a harmony between an opposite force. In Fengshui, the dragon carries the Yang energy, that is the aggressive or active force. Thus, the aura itself is a physical manifestation of Yang energy, which is why Echigo no Ryu is more offensive oriented. The mirroring can be seen during Kenshin's famous charge on the 4th Battle of Kawakajima, where Kenshin on her offense to murder Shingen (aggressive force) while Shingen on the defensive (defensive force) and ended in a tie. Therefore, Echigo no Ryu and its counterpart Kai no Tora will release the same output regardless of the condition if they met.

Since Kenshin isn't actually related to a dragon in any form, the optimal power she gains is weaker to those related to a dragon nor have an enormous amount of magical energy that the dragon-kind has. As the dragon is a beast that known to be more powerful than man yet can be defeated by them in many legends, the more friends and foes perceive Kenshin's might as powerful, the more they indirectly make her epithet as a 'Dragon' becomes real, coming from the legend that Kenshin personally charge armorless to Hojo's superior numbered army and leave them scared. The energy they released into the air to perceive her will be converted into a mass of magical energy akin like Mana Burst and solidified as a dragon skin shrouded around Kenshin's whole body. At her highest peak, its power can be comparable to those of boosting type A Rank NPs. On the other hand, this NP will render as useless to those who possessed high Charisma or anyone who thinks she is not an actual threat.

???

"This is the battle between Servants..."

The battle rages on.

The two once rivaling warlords confront each other again after spending five years as an ally. The fact that they fought confirms Kenshin really did betray her friends.

I have seen Caster before, but this is the first time I watch a Servant fighting another Servant just as intended as how the Holy Grail War supposed to be fought.

Kenshin immediately flies away after a wing-like aura sprouted on her back. She tries to close her gap toward Shingen, but the cavalry able to chase and volley her with a barrage of bullets to hinder her advance.

With the help of Assassin's presence concealing ability, which high enough for us to watch nearby. We are currently observing the battle between the two legendary samurais on the nearest tree.

"What do you think, Master?"

"Who will win? I think the situation is lean much more toward Shingen." With how numerous and well equipped the reinforcement cavalry has, the chance for Kenshin to win the fight become so slim.

"No, that much is obvious, stupid. I am talking about which one you want to assist."

Ugh, this girl makes me wanna---!!! Calm down Lestari, calm down! You already have a little sister before, a rude Assassin craping on you means nothing!

"I am may only be contracted to you a few minutes ago, but you are still my Master. Whatever the path you choose, I will follow suit."

"Come to think of it, what do you mean by option before?" I ask about her statement back in the outskirt, bracing myself for another insult.

"You are still confused what to fight for, aren't you? I can see it. You do not fully want to be the Master of New Japan."

Her statement is surprising, she is implying I have the choice to choose for myself. She implies that she is fine with any of my choice.

"I'm sorry, Assassin. Let's say I don't want to join New Japan, aren't you want to fight for your own country?"

"Use your head a little. If I want to fight for this country, I summons myself from the start of this dragged out war. I answer to your summon, that's alone is an obvious fact I am on your side." Explain Assassin in a 'know-what' attitude.

Even if she is being an ass about it, the fact that she tells clearly she is my ally makes me really happy. For a person likes me, that my life full of people wanted to use me and faking a smile to fool others, her frankness is almost a godsend.

"If you want to cut ties with them, this is the only chance. Lord Kenshin is in a pinch, Lord Shingen will overwhelm her sooner or later. But if I help her, we can cut down Lord Shingen and gain an irreplaceable ally. Or if you want it, join him ganking on her and appeal both Lord Shingen and Lord Nobunaga."

As she explains, the cavalry has shooted Kenshin down from the sky. And encircle her in the ground like a pact of hunter tigers.

"It is your call. I will be your ally regardless. As it is my dear wish to fulfill, whoever you affiliated with didn't personally concern me."

After coldly says her logic, she once again let another smile and hit my back lightly.

"But if you want my personal opinion about what is the best for you, then I say the best choice is to follows your heart."

She uses the tree as a booster to her leg, readying her katana on her back and proceed to join the battle.

Warning! Route Choice!

Choose who to aids, it will enter you to a route and lock you from the other!
    1. Help Shingen! [Japan Greatest Empire Route]
    2. Help Kenshin! [The Master of The World Route]

Assassin

Class
    Assassin
    Epithet
    The Most Famous Shinobi Ever Lived! (self proclaimed)
    Identity
    ???
    Faction
    Lestari Elliwyn's Personal Servant
    Height/Weight
    154cm/41kg
    Alignment
    Lawful Evil
    Attribute
    Man
    Bond
    0/5

STR AGI END MANA LCK NP
    C A D D C C

ARMAMENT:
    ???

Akihiro's katana: A katana made by the famous blacksmith, Akihiro. It is a high-quality short sword granted only to the samurai-class in service for the Shogunate.

CLASS SKILL:
    Presence Concealment A++
    Suppresses her presence as a Servant. By perfectly suppressing her presence, detection is next to impossible.
    However, as she moves in preparations to attack, the rank of this skill drops considerably.
    It is possible to remove her presence even after commencing attacks by means of high level visual obstruction such as Skill and Noble Phantasm.

(Lore is locked behind her True Name)

Effect:
    -Able to infiltrate any type of Boundary Field. Except for Noble Phantasm type.

PERSONAL SKILL:
    ???
    ???

Pursuit B-
    The ability to pursue an enemy or to go to a target point. It increases and maintain her movement speed when chasing something, and cancel enemy's ability to reset or decrease battle advantage by fleeing. The negative modifier signifies the chance of her pursuing the wrong person, it is advisable to use the Skill when the target profile is very clear.

Effect:
    -Reduce time needed on going to a place by 1 hour.
    -Cancel Skill Retreat on B Rank or below.

???
    ???

NOBLE PHANTASM:

???
    ???

Rank C
    Anti Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum targets: 1

???

PERSONALITY AND INFORMATION:
    VERY RUDE!

Uh, umm... though, she seems actually a very sweet girl.
    Last edited by Spartacus; October 18th, 2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: ERRATA on skills, removing repeat words that somehow there

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Help Kenshin
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Help Kenshin

US Friend Code
    Help Kenshin
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Blog Entries
    Help Kenshin

We’re taking the world

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    There is many route you can take later on, this just simply seal the other choice.

But writing fight scene is super fun, IDK why I keep writing slice of life fanfics in the past.

Blog Entries
    Which means that we can't be the Master of the World if choose Takeda, right?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yes.

But that doesn't mean you can't recruit the other New Japan Servant besides Kenshin into yours.

Help Shingen

Kenshin already betrayed their allies once, who says she won't do the same to us?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

Follow my heart, eh?

It is true that there is the merit joining New Japan, as I can have reliable and powerful allies. However, the reason why I running away for so long is that I want to be left alone, I don't want to be tied down by a Faction, not when New Japan openly admit trying to use me like what Caster says.

Besides, just because I can't run away from the war doesn't mean I need to choose a side.

If nothing can be the way I want them to be.

I will be my own.

"Assassin."

Yes? Her voice echo in my head. It feels really weird, but an easy telepathy is one of the perks being contracted with a Servant.

"Let's help Kenshin." And give New Japan hell.

I know I didn't choose a bad Master.

"Pest--!" Kenshin groan.

A difference in quality between Servants.

Something like that is used by Masters to choose which Servant is stronger to be their familiar. Just like many things, quality can be measured from different subjects. For example, a Master lacking of Magical Energy best bet is to choose a Servant that can provide energy without their Masters like Archer and Caster. Or a Master chooses a Servant that best suited with their character to avoid conflict with each other.

Among them, the most obvious parameter is individual strength between Servant. An all-rounder that excels in everything like Kenshin is a Servant that very desirable for a Master to win Holy Grail War. Her ability to defeat her opponent in single combat will come handy at almost every scenario in normal Holy Grail War. Compared to Shingen, whose power relly on numbers, it can be said that Kenshin is the better Servant.

However this is not the Holy Grail War, this is just a simple war.

The needs of troops become relevant, there is no way for Servant to simply assault their enemy by themselves. Truthfully, they can mow them like pest just fine, but with carefully planned strategy, an army can hinder a Servant's advance and wear them down forcing them to retreat.

Past Holy Grail War has proved, with certain circumstances, a normal person has a chance to stand against a Servant. Perhaps that person has an ability to perfectly counter a very powerful Servant, perhaps that person has an access to a Servant power in limited time, perhaps a squad of FBI has an access to enchanted weapons, perhaps a therapist hacker has an access to directly meddle on a human heart. Either way, they have one perk that reaches a Servant level, despite being outclassed in everything else.

And the Sanzensekai corps is exactly that.

They have two things that reach the level of a Servant, both of them are Noble Phantasms. First is the Noble Phantasm guns Sandanuchi, which allow them to hurt a Servant. Second is the Noble Phantasm horses Kiba Gundan, which excels Servant's A rank Agility even a little bit. Meaning, they have the firepower and mobility of a Servant. With three thousand of them, it can be said they are the fifth Servant of New Japan.

But the equation didn't stop from there, Shingen can be called a third-rate Servant in normal Holy Grail War. However, he is a Servant that surpass the first-rate in this unique war. Individually, he is nothing compared to others, and there are the needs of massive amount Magical Energy for him to reach his full potential. All of his Noble Phantasms are geared to empower his ally more than himself, in a 1 vs 1 battle, he is less than desirable. But with resources, times, and access toward soldiers; he is a powerful card that able to defeats even those monsters and heroes from the myths.

One difference between the two Heaven and Earth Crossed Rivalry is their special perk. If Echigo no Ryu gave Kenshin the domain of the heaven, Kai no Tora gave Shingen the domain of the earth. If Kenshin can fly, Shingen has a mount.

Kai no Tora can be transferred to his Kiba Gundan, changing the horse into a ferocious and agile tiger. Shingen can also break and share his Kai no Tora to his subordinates, making all the horse into tiger mount that increases the strength and speed of Sanzensekai's Kiba Gundan. There is also Furinkazan ability to alter the wind, which allows him to bend bullet paths at will.

Even then, such overwhelming numbers has its own disadvantage. In a closed space such as Ryuudou Temple, they are too crowded to respond quickly in an organized manner when Kenshin zig-zag in the air. This is a reason why Kenshin still alive until this time, but that still not enough.

Kenshin too is not overwhelmed by their number. In fact, she is confident that she can take much more of them if they are simply an army with Noble Phantasm, even it will take time. But the presence of Shingen and his ability to command them, maximize their combat capability and act towards different situations accordingly.

With that, Kenshin, with her air superiority, can't do anything against the monster of Noble Phantasms combinations and a first-rate commander.

"Kuh---!"

Her speed is better than them, but not in a terrible margin. They can follow her tracks with Kiba Gundan and shortly shoot her from the ground. There is no need for actually to hit her either, simply stop her path from attacking Shingen will do. And even with her automatic deflection of a sword, she can't deflect hundreds of gunshots at once.

And Kenshin has no hope to try to pick them on, their number is simply too many, and Himezuru Ichimonji ability to move by its own will deplete her Magical Energy before she can take them all down. She can release her Echigo no Ryu into an energy attack, but after that, she will be outclassed by Shingen with his aura armor intact. And there is her own sentiment to not killing her former subordinates. The only probable option is to defeat Shingen, who direct and increase their morale. But Kenshin struggles to even close her gaps.

Surely, with many repetitions, shoot after shoot, she will grow careless or show an opening for them to hit her once.

And she did exactly that.

"Tsuru----!!!"

Kenshin yells and tries to deflect one of the shots, but it was too late. Numerous shots directly hit her body, and she falls from the impact.

The moment she falls to the ground, five of the Sanzensekai restrain her, take away Himezuru Ichimonji from her and point their guns to her head. She can struggle, but the moment she does, the other thousands will immediately shoot her dead.

Her futile efforts have reached its end.

"It's over, Kenshin." Shingen approaches the restrained Kenshin.

"Shingen..."

"I will not ask your reason. Sentimentality didn't suit us, at least, that's how I see it."

"Heh, I guess so..." Kenshin releases a smile on her face. Even after that, she holds no resentment toward her dear friend.

"But I will ask this: if you really consider us your ally up until your betrayal. Are you the one that hinders our progress these past five years?"

"You still suspect me out of that? Do you think I am the type of Servant that able to do that even if I want to?"

"I agree with that," Shingen remember back then when they were alive, Kenshin helps the Takeda clan from a salt crisis that can result to his clan's destruction. Saying that it is very unhonorable to defeat her rival by starves them. It's unbelievable for someone as unreasonably honorable as her to do such backhanded tactic. "But nothing changes, you still betray us in the end."

The moon still shines strongly. After six centuries of inconclusive clashes, transcending life and death, the eternal rivalry finally has a victor.

And the red samurai, although hiding his face from the mask, gives a mellow expression full of complication. He backs down and returns to his horse, facing the azure warrior with his back as he can't do the honor of ending his friend's life.

"Farewell, my old friend."

Five of the Sanzensekai ready their gun and point it to the samurai's youthful face. She too can only close her eyes and gives a bitter smile as she at least can be relieved that her defeat comes from her friend's soldiers.

A quick shadow runs fast in the air.

(FSN Track}

"Don't you think, it's too early for that?"

The executioners have been executed.

Dressed in flashy dry red, the mysterious reinforcement has arrived seemingly freeing Kenshin. Appears almost undetected, her blade has silt the executioners' throat so effortlessly like opening a zipper.

Everyone was caught off guard, "Wha---?" even Kenshin, the person she saves seems confused what just happened. Until one of the Sanzensekai catch on to reality and quickly shoot the unknown killer.

"Bastard!!!"

The gun has been fired. But as if she is the wind itself, she evades it acrobatically and throws her own star-shaped projectiles as a retaliation.

The shuriken stabs the mounted soldier body. One of them delivers a killing blow as the shuriken struck the soldier brain.

The moment she kills another, the Sanzensekai corps has the strong urge to shoots. But their number superiority proved to be a disadvantage. With how closed Ryuudou Temple is, they can't shoot forward without risking killing their comrades tasked to apprehend Kenshin. Shingen also didn't see the point to engage the killer directly when he is not even confident to engage only Kenshin in one on one fight.

And the killer's act of savagery isn't stopping there. She jumps off to the riderless horse as it is galloping wildly from its master's death, pulls out the shurikens from the dying soldier's body and throws another barrage to the others with the same blood-soaked shurikens.

This time, some of the shurikens hit the horse eye as it becomes blind yet continue its forwards blindly, but the soldiers anticipated the shuriken by guarding their face with their hand. That is exactly what she aimed for.

Moving in her top speed, she jumps off from the horse and she thrust her short sword straight to the guarding mounted soldier's belly, the force from her body mass and speed allow the blade to penetrate both his armor and body easily like a soft cotton.

After cutting the person's belly in the same interval, she uses the soldier's body as a propeller as he falls to his death and proceeds to land her entire mass on another, making the horse and the soldier falls from sheer momentum.

The girl grips her sword two-handedly pointing downward. The moon that sits exactly behind the savage killer obstructs her entire figure with shadows as her eyes glow with an indifferent gaze.

"Do you know why I dress in dry red?"

Unlike Kenshin, she didn't have the reason to hold herself back. No, it is more accurate she has been trained to kill her emotion even if the situation is natural for her to hold back.

If Kenshin plays god as she spares them from her merciless assault as if insignificant, this monster of a girl easily murder them in a complete technical and effective manner like a hunter. Just like how humans feel almost nothing killing beast, she feels almost nothing killing fellow soldiers. It almost as if she is-

"An Oni-"

"It because they hide liters of blood much more easily than black."

The sword has fallen to the man's throat. "I'll give you an A for calling me that." She stood up and cleans her blade with her own blood colored clothes. And gaze at Shingen and the Sanzensekai corps whose number no longer reaches three thousand.

The cold gaze and lack of emotion toward murder confirm the only possible Class for such unheroic acts.

"An Assassin... Who are you?!"

The Heroic Spirit of the silent killer and assassination, Assassin.

The type of Servant that should not excel in a frontal assault, but espionage and assassination. Most belong to the Class are usually avoid direct combat and pick their enemy from the shadow. As their mentality dictates them to flee the moment enemy's champion appears to challenge them.

Her pragmatic and savage way of fighting confirms she belongs to the Class, but her willingness to doves to the swarm of enemy belongs to those of the Knight-Class Servant. The flexible skill set allows her to be very versatile in many situations, such rare combination is very dangerous regardless of how strong the Servant Parameter is.

"Who do you ask, Lord Shingen? Obviously, the most famous shinobi ever lived!" She declares as she pouts her chest in extreme cockiness.

"So her plan backfired, huh. I know this plan is full of assumption!!!" Yells Shingen who remains calm in every encounter up until now, seemingly blaming Nobunaga from the sudden situation. Because there is only one suspect in this case, the Assassin is obviously Lestari Elliwyn's Servant, who presumably betray them from the get-go.

As Shingen seemingly drowned in his own world, Assassin seems to dislike it. She looks around, sees the Sanzensekai waiting patiently for their order, smiles as she gets a terrible idea and opens her mouth out loud.

"But I must saaay, the Takeda Cavalry is kinda OVERRATED huh? Slay some of them and the rest suddenly can only freeze like IDIOTS. Or what, do you want to blame them from their incompetence? Like, 'modern soldiers are so TRASHY I wish they are my old soldiers instead!' Doesn't screams like a GOOD commander if you do that, right?" Taunt Assassin without holding a single thing back.

At that moment, the corps lost their cool and ready to fire their gun without consent. "How dare you insult Lord Shingen like that!!!" The soldiers shout in defense for their commander, but Shingen stops them by giving a gesture with his war fan. "..." Shingen makes it clear they shouldn't answer that provocation.

(Hmph, stoic type. Well, whatever, I'm not really good at provoking people intentionally anyway.)

He instead answers by moving his war fan in a pattern, "Swift as a Wind!"

The rest of Sanzensekai corps fired their bullets in an order. Shingen originally planned to execute his rival in a ceremonial manner as a sign of respect, but he hardly has the option and proceeds to drown Kenshin alongside Assassin in a sure kill barrage.

"Uwaaah, I overdid it!," and Assassin screams as she waves her head and troubled from her own doing.

"H-hey Lord Kenshin, you can fly to the air and deflect bullets without looking, r-right?!"

"Uh- huh?" It seems Kenshin too didn't catch on what happens that fast. "I think I can!"

"Great!" Pulling an outdated-looking grenade made of flammable papers from her skirt, she throws it to the ground and creates a smoke screen.

"Smoke bomb, coward---!" The smoke hides her and Kenshin's figures as it is big enough for Shingen unable to locate their exact location. He proceeds to home the bullets as it bends and turns like the wind itself.

"Heh, you can't be a coward when your job requires you to be one!" Assassin declares as Kenshin deflects the homing bullets. Due to the smokes, Shingen unable to home the bullets accurately like before. Combined with Himezuru weapon detection ability, which can feel other weapons nearby and help the owner's own hand to land the swords, there are no bullets even grazed to the two Servant.

"An Assassin kunoichi? Are you Mochizuki?" Ask Kenshin.

"With all due respect, Lord Kenshin. Do you think I am a Takeda kunoichi when their step-father himself asks about my identity?"

Kenshin can only be dumbfounded with how easy the Assassin insult someone she just protected. "Right..." The sword Himezuru stutters as if laughing at its master in response. Kenshin smacks her own sword in retaliation.

"Besides, I prefer to identify myself simply as a shinobi. I didn't learn the art of seducing men, only how to physically subdue them."

The smoke was thick enough for them to have a small conversation. But due to the barrage of bullets, it will soon be cleared out much faster than it supposed to be. So they must proceed in a haste.

"Anyway, it would be best if we work together. Can you fly me up?"

"Flying you up huh, I have a great idea. You can do some fire-type ninja arts?"

"Sounds you have a plan. I'm game!"

The two Servant have joined together, the counter-attack of the two Japanese Servant that is no longer affiliated with New Japan has just begun.

Assassin's Status Screen Updated!

Ninjutsu A++
    Intelligence gathering skills, combat techniques, larceny skills, torture techniques, and etc. utilized by ninjas.
    At A++ Rank, it indicates her 1st class skill as the head of the clan.
    In her case, this is closer to a composite Skill as she incorporate both Koga-ryu and Iga-ryu; utilizing various ninja tools and mystic arts such as fire-breathing technique.

Effect:
    - High chance to gain information and stealing something during information gathering

Callous Encouragement C-
    In case of Assassin, she able to increase her allies combat potential without regarding their feeling by verbally insulting them. Increasing their ability to perform task to be successful while decreasing their good perception toward Assassin. Against her enemy, her insults may decrease their combat potential, but the rank of the Skill drop considerably.

Effect:
    -Increase success rate of an ally's actions
    -Random effects toward enemy (varies between their Personality)

Servant Battle!

ConQUEST is a try hard RPG that can't decide which genre its fall in. Choose an action and target for the characters to proceed, some actions will have a special effect.

Normally, you can choose two action per Servant, but due to Assassin and Kenshin has a plan in mind to use their Katon no Jutsu and Flight in unison, you can only choose one.

PS: If you don't understand something, just ask.

Enemy's Status

Rider - Takeda Shingen
    Health: Excellent
    Active Buff:
    - Kai no Tora (STR, END, AGI up by a few) (currently divided into around three thousand with Sanzensekai corps)
    - Kiba Gundan (no performance penalty until the horses dies)

Sanzensekai corps x2990
    Active Buff:
    - Kai no Tora (STR, END, AGI up by a few) (currently divided into around three thousand)
    - Kiba Gundan (no performance penalty until the horses dies)

Assassin

Magical Energy: Excellent
    Active Buff and Passive Ability: -

Attack List:

• Katon no Jutsu: A ranged mid-areal attack by using ninja art of fire, very powerful and effective. Deals both Magical and Physical Damage. Takes -1 amount of Magical Energy.
    • tricky ninja tools: A trap attack by means of ninja tools. Deal Physical Damage and cancel enemy's action if successful.
    • Shuriken throws: A ranged attack by means of shuriken, temporarily lower enemy's AGI. Deal Physical Attack.
    • Samurai charge: Physical attacks by the katana, can be very deadly. Deals Physical Damage.
    • Decapitation strike: An attack in the throat with a good chance to instantly kill the enemy. Deals Physical Damage, but success rate to hit the enemy becomes lower when Presence Concealment is inactive.
    • SKILL Callous Encouragement: Actively insult ally and enemy. Effect varies.

Target whom?:
    • Shingen
    • Sanzensekai corps

Saber - Uesugi Kenshin (Guest Party Member)

Active Buff and Passive Ability:
    - Echigo no Ryu (STR, END, AGI up by + modifier)
    - Himezuru Ichimonji (automatically deflects enemy attacks)

Attack List:

• Samurai charge: Physical attacks by the katana, can be very deadly. Deals Physical Damage. Due to her active Echigo no Ryu, double the damage.
    • Tsuru!: A ranged attack by using Himezuru Ichimonji ability as a spirit, can be very deadly. Deals Physical Damage. Take -1 amount of magical energy. Due to her active Echigo no Ryu, double the damage.
    • Flight: Fly high in the air, can only be accessed when Echigo no Ryu's output high enough to manifest a wing. Can take another person to fly with her. Remove movement obstruction and increase the accuracy of ranged attack greatly (also apply to the person she takes.)
    • Gauntlet Punch: Punch the enemy in the guts with her steel gauntlet. Can be very tricky to the unexpecting enemy. Non-lethal.
    • Cartwheel Tactic: A combination attack by switching position with ally swiftly. Due to her active Echigo no Ryu, double the damage and guaranteed delay on enemy action.

Target whom?:
    • Shingen
    • Sanzensekai corps

Last edited by Spartacus; November 17th, 2018 at 05:49 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    tricky ninja tools on Sanzensekai corps and Cartwheel Tactic on Shingen
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Assassin:​ Tricky Ninja Tools on Sanzensekai Troops

Kenshin: Cartwheel Tactics on Shingen

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Assassin:​ Tricky Ninja Tools on Sanzensekai Troops

Kenshin: Cartwheel Tactics on Shingen
    +1