Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

East. We may get a chance to see what will become of Japon once Nobu's tantrum is over.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Go West!
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    I'll choose West. Let's liberate Perú!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    West

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    West it is, since our Recursion gives us a decent edge if the SFA wants to go against us.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Today, I died.

update soon btw.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 8th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    F

Now Revamped!

F
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Year: 2022
    Daytime: Day
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent

"West War. I think we should try this one first."

After looking at the map and hear carefully Kenshin and Magellan's explanation, I decided we should start with the war on The Americas first.

"Among the three wars, the West has the least Factions participating around," I add.

Both East and Central have too many Factions around for us to consider. With only two, we only need to worry one to attack and one to ally with, assuming we are going to do that of course. Not to mention, my Recursion works super effective against SFA robots, I can proudly say I am an actual fighting asset here unlike others.

"True, The West is the least convoluted in term of how many parties are involved. Alright, we shall focus on the West War for now." Kenshin agrees with my decision.

Hearing that, Magellan starts to zoom the map to West War. There, we can see most big cities in South America being X-marked. There are also detailed descriptions of the Factions in detail, what Servants they have and their known abilities.

Kenshin then begins talking again.

"Starting with the sole non-Upper Belt Faction, El-Dorado. As far as I know, El-Dorado has the potential to be one of the best Faction out there, as they have a very smooth start on the first phase of the war. Yet, SFA employed robots all of a sudden, and everything goes downhill from there. Currently, they are just a Faction with territory bigger than they can handle." Says Kenshin as she gives a harsh opinion about the Faction.

"The most troublesome, however, is the unknown location of their headquarter. You can see from the X-marked cities that SFA has been sending numerous attacks to areas with the potential to be their HQ, yet they found nothing. There are only two cities left to be attacked, but I doubt their base located in any of them. Satellite imagery, spies, other methods; all of them unable to determine where they located, some begun to doubt if they actually exist."

El-Dorado, a legend that begins with a mythical king that covered himself in gold dust and submerge to a lake, never stepping to the mortal world again. The legend grows into a city of gold that mysteriously disappear from the land, unable to be found by those who seek them.

"A headquarter that didn't exist... Name very thematic, I can comment on that, at least."

Kenshin confirm that with a nod and continue on, "One of their Servant, presumably their leader, is a Lancer-class Servant. He is very active in the front line originally, but he never resurfaced again the moment SFA began their manhunt. They originally have a standard army, but those already wiped out. That's the only info we have about them, not even how many the Servant they have left."

Damn, El-Dorado sure is a dead end and give no room for us to speculate.

"Next is a Faction we familiar with. Scientific Frontier of America or SFA for short. Originally, they are the weakest Faction as their Servants are severely outclassed, but suddenly they become very powerful and have access toward robots. It could be said the strongest of the Upper Belts in term of raw military power."

It is true SFA's robots are very destructive in term of firepower. A single of the humanoid type we encountered may equal to ten men; I can imagine the bigger ones need serious firepower to slay. But still, compared to Servants, they are nothing but turrets walking with legs.

"What makes them greater than others? It's true they can harm Servants somehow, but other Factions also has one or two means to do that."

"They unable feel both pain and fear. Which mean I can only fight with my base power... and also Tsuru." Answer Kenshin, hesitantly mention the last part, and the mentioned person start shaking on Kenshin hips violently and forcefully. "OH, HELLO? MY LORD?!"

Assassin also adds another. "Normally, you can break someone's spirit by seriously hurting them or having a large number, they may even flee and surrender. But something that has no emotion, you must inflict damage until they no longer move and destroy all of them to defeat them."

That makes sense.

No matter how brave and well-trained soldiers are, there should have the prospect of winning for them to fight, even if it is an illusory one. Such things are unnecessary for robots, as they simply do a task they programmed to.

Even so, there is another mystery. As a magus and a Master, I understand Servants are Mystery given human form. They are by nature are unable to be harmed by modern weapons, unless they are coated with magical energy like the pistols I had in my purse. But that doesn't apply to the robots, as I don't sense any magical energy at all inside them.

Then, there is only one answer...

"Moving on, I suspect the robots are someone's Noble Phantasm, at least the product of it. But still, I can't think anyone in myth or history possess such modern conception as their Noble Phantasm. Nationality aside, there is Charles Babbage who found the first computer, but I imagine he would be more automaton looking."

When I said that, everyone begins thinking. The first person that spoke up is surprisingly- Assassin.

"Mmm... there is that one guy in Greek mythology having some sort of mech as Noble Phantasm."

But Magellan quickly shot down the idea. "Ah, there is no Servant left from Greece. Everyone decided to gang the nation because we agree they would be too OP to be left alone since I participate in doing so. You see, you definitely didn't want to try to fight Hercules, we lost like, 12 Servants to slay him alone, EC originally formed for this very purpose."

That's... A very interesting revelation. I imagine the number of Servants during the first year is probably four times than the current one left. With hundreds of Servants running around the land doing what they please, searching for opponents as per the original idea of Holy Grail War.
    But once again, our tactician and attacker, Kenshin, gives another insight.

"Cybernetics... laser beam from the sky... Hey, don't you think, even the SFA Servants are also weird?"

"What is?" I ask almost automatically.

"What Heroic Spirit in your mind having cybernetics transplant or a futuristic ship like SFA Rider? Or a sniper that can snipe you from space?"

Cybernetics, orbital ray, robots. All of them are the modern era conception that may hold very little mystery to nothing in them. Truthfully, there are some Servants able to achieve similar things, but how they look or the means to do so don't match with the modern image. SFA however really fits with the very image of science fiction.

Maybe, they are heroes from sci-fi books? It's true they may accumulate mystery over time and become 'real' like myths are, but that takes centuries. Even if they manage to materialize as Servants, the scale of SFA Archer's Noble Phantasm is too great and rival older heroes for him to be one of them.

Or perhaps...

"This is as far as we can guess with our current information. At least we may assume that the futuristic parts are someone's Noble Phantasm that affects the other Servants."

Same thought, Kenshin, really.

"Well now, about the leader of SFA and their base operation." Magellan then clicks SFA territory on the map and zoom out to the real capital of the United States, Washington D.C. There, I saw a picture of a middle-aged man, looking no different to the average politician, unlike the absurdly youthful Servants from New Japan.

"The current US' Secretary of Joint Chief of Staff, the leader of SFA - True Name and Class: Unknown. Everyone called him 'Leader,' but he goes with Michael de Walsky as his civilian name, which sounds stupid. Unlike any other Factions, it seems that Leader is the sole person responsible for the majority of SFA; meaning if we take him down, all of the others will crumble." Says Magellan as surprisingly being insightful and continue on.

"But his whereabouts can be tricky. SFA's main base is the infamous Pentagon; all of their machines are deployed from there. Yet, he mostly has spotted on Washington D.C. doing politics, coming from my reliable source. The distance is too great for someone to simply go back and forth, yet he can manage his invasion even when he is in Washington D.C."

"Giving a simple task from a phone is one thing, but to coordinate an attack..." Even someone like me, understand how amazing it was.

"Hmm..." Everyone started to wrap their head around, using all of their processors to find answers.

But I think, instead of trying to decipher how he able to do that, it is much more important for us to focus on what we had and make use of it.

There are two places for us to go to...

Pentagon, a military base where the robots are stationed, and probably the Servants too.

Washington D.C., a simple governmental city... Yet I had a feeling this will not be as simple as it sounds.

"UGH, I give up! It's break time!" The first one to give up is Magellan. She frustratingly tears her already messy hair out. Still irritated, she then changes the screen from showing world maps into a children television program.

Kenshin displeased with how Magellan acting, but decided to refrain herself from the outburst. Perhaps she deems others need a break, as Assassin did not immediately jump to a confrontation like she usually is (which the actual reason is far from it). Perhaps she thought that scolding her will not help the situation, considering Magellan is the carefree-type. In the end, she can only let out a sight and give herself a break like the others.

Thanks. Kenshin onee-chan. Whoops.

The western cartoon show starts with a cheery song, it seems we are in time as the show just only started. Accompanying the song, the narrator begins to introduce the colorful main casts with character designs that I honestly find very interesting.

This is the saga of a hero of the sea, saving the world every day, you can see!

His name is Capt' Gigan! Caaaptaaaain Gigan!

There is robot trouble! It's time to rumble!

Caaaptaaaain Gigan!

Fighting against the dark overlord! That is the Mastermind of Evil!

And his equally evil minions! Trojan Billy - the sniper and Joshua - the blacksmith!

It's time to-

"What the hell is this crap?"

Magellan suddenly turned off the TV who seems didn't really impressed from the opening, in fact, it seems that her mood has gotten worse. Kenshin, in turn, feels relieved about that and wanted to resume the discussion once again.
    What a waste of time.

"The last element, while you can't say a Faction, still something that troublesome for SFA. There is a spy, a very good one, hidden among SFA citizen. It seems that this spy able to fetch classified information with relative ease, in fact, perhaps the reliable info Magellan get come from this spy." Kenshin explained, and Magellan nods as she returns to the discussion.

"There is also a small resistance, a sole Servant to be precise, completely hinders many SFA invasion. The reason why SFA can't occupy South America, only resorted to sent small number and weak sentinels is this person doing."

She then opens a profile of the Servant, who is surprisingly good looking and classy.

"Servant Lancer, one of the Founding Father and former leader of SFA, True Name: Benjamin Franklin. He similar to Lestari, as his electrical power perfectly counter the robots. Whereabout is unknown, but we will meet him sooner or later."

Choice!

What do we need to do?

1) Go to SFA - Washington D.C.
    2) Go to SFA - Pentagon
    3) Search for El-Dorado's base
    4) Search for Benjamin Franklin

You can also speculate Servants identities during a discussion. Which if the speculation is correct, will give you a Wise-up about all of their abilities without seeing them using one.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 8th, 2019 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sadly, with the lack of older ladies getting Lancer is gonna be difficult.

Meanwhile, we should go for 3

Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Birdverse becomes so...

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Sadly, with the lack of older ladies getting Lancer is gonna be difficult.

Meanwhile, we should go for 3
    Agreed, the moment we ally with a female servant 40 years or older then​ we go for benny boy.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    4) Acquire The Dandy
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

3., but it's a tough choice.

3)
    True Rider

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

"Well, let's start with El-Dorado then."

I decided that we should approach El-Dorado first. Honestly, don't know what to expect from them, but it is the most probable for us to win in any kind of condition, statistically speaking. With how they suffer, they probably the one need allies the most. Or if they are an enemy, they should be weaker compared to robot army SFA has. So negotiating for our favor will be much probable.

"Alright. Magellan, so... where should we jump to?" Kenshin ask.

Even so, we still didn't know where they are. We should search for a clue about their location. And just like SFA, we are going to search them in cities with potentials to be a base, that is having a Mana Reservoir. The two cities left are Cusco and Quito.

"The city of Cusco, it is the nearest of the two surviving cities from Peru. I imagine they will attack there." Magellan answers.

"it's decided then." Confirm Kenshin.

Everyone nods in agreement, and I can see in their eyes, both of their determinations and worries. As I too feel the same, there is this both anticipation and uneasiness in my heart.

This will be the first time we as a group on an offensive. Not trying to run away for our life, but to bring a solution. A solution for us to unite this world, as abstract what that supposed to be.

The Tsarina says that I must take responsibility as the only Master in the world.

Then this is my answer, an answer that I found by myself, not forced by anyone. And I will prove it, that's it is the correct answer of all the correct answers! So they can't even refute or laugh about it.

"Everyone, we only have indefinite and little time until the battle between New Japan and Upper Belt forces end. We don't have time to waste. In a few hours, we will go to Cusco." I said that as if I'm a proper Master, showing my determination.

That should be it... but-

Something bugs me out.

When Kenshin said she and Assassin are expandable and how they quickly make up their mind to do so. I saw their eyes, and I know what she says is not simply out of pragmatism, they will sacrifice themselves without thinking twice for me.

Do I deserve such nice treatment? I am the coward that can't save her own family, someone that swindled many people for her own survival countless time.

"Alright, I will prepare my ninja tools." Assassin leaves, followed by Kenshin. And when I see them leaving the control room, I fear they will gone forever. Despite we are going to meet again in a few hours, despite I can just simply walk to their room if I want to.

And when Magellan is going to leave the room, I subconsciously reach my hand to her shoulder.

"Hey...!"

"Mmm? What is it, Lestari-chan?"

I grasped with all of my strength, like I didn't want to let go of her forever. I know it was strong enough to strain her arm, as the dark purple jacket she wears crumpled from it. Yet, Magellan hasn't made a complaint. Perhaps her Servant physiology makes her immune to such harm, but I feel like there is something else stopped her.

"Do you think we will succeed? Do you think whatever we are going to do will works?"

What's with the sudden anxiety? Why am I always so weak?

"It feels like I don't know what we actually trying to do, the true weight of unifying the world. I know that the path will be harder than I imagine, I know hard choices will come in front of us..."

What is it that I don't want to lose? What makes me feel like it will destroy me in any second?

"But, I don't know... I feel like there is something missing... there is something I didn't account for in my resolve. And that scares me."

Before long, tears start overflowing.

The once a strong grip has been softly loosened, as all of my mental energy is transferred to stop the flooding in my eyes, which is far too late. And my futile attempt only resulted in drenching Magellan clothes even further.

"After all the big talk-" Damn it, this is so uncool...!

"..."

What I feel next is warmth.

"...!!!"

Magellan has warped her arms around my shivering body, and her soft velvet coat protects me from further colds like a blanket. She then removes her glove to reveal a rough, adventure tested hand to tenderly caress my hair. And with gentle whispers, she said words that I do not know I wanted to hear, "I will not disappear."

"I don't know what exactly scares you, Lestari-chan. I can't promise the path you choose will free of blood, but I can promise you that it will not be our blood. You know I have two Skill geared for survival, and we can run away whenever things become hard for us."

She then put both of her arms on my shoulders, separating us, so I can saw fully her comforting, cocky grin.

"So, there is no need to worry, alright?"

Really... She suddenly appears, declaring herself selfishly to be my friend... Dragging us out from the inescapable.

"Yeah."

This person is very dangerous...

INTERLUDE

What is war exactly?

It seems that it is humanity's greatest hobby besides reproduction, as it always takes the front page of history.

Every culture. Every country. Every era. They always have one or ten.

Perhaps it is in their gene. Really, I don't remember raising such a bad child.

Even if war evolves alongside technology, even if how people perceive war changes, the way to do it is all the same.

Some fought wars with swords, some fought wars with guns, some fought wars with words.

Some believe they fought for faith, some believe they fought with honor, some believe they fought in hell.

Accusing each other good and evil, believing in their rights will neglecting others. With the correct motive, one willing to do falsehood toward another. By believing moral is with them, one fully capable to be immoral against fellow human beings.

They have justified reasons to spill blood, after all, most human dislike the idea being on the force of evil. It was never been a conflict between good and evil to begin with, it is a battle between two clashing good intentions.

But really now, my children, the very epitome of infinite evolution, yet so stagnant. How could such a perfect race didn't understand something so simple?

If both sides are good, if both are justified, then, shouldn't be the reverse also apply?

Pity, such a pity.

Regardless, I'm too evolving, I learn something.

That is I learned, for this, for war is the greater good.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I have an announcement to make. As you can see that the updates are slowed down these past months, that's because of I currently on jobs that require lots of care and concentration to take care of and ultimately hinder myself writing the updates. I might finish the job in June if things go as I planned, but I can promise that by August everything already turns into normal. I'll still write ConQUEST in my free time, but the update is definitely going to be less frequent or I might not even update it at all until August.

For those who reading ConQUEST exclusively, I recommend to read or even participate in other Quests such as Quest of Fate and Fimbulwinter, they are pretty fun and direct influencers of this Quest. Or if you also into traditional Role Playing, there are many on-going RPs that's equally fun to follow too like Reclamation and other non-TM RPs in this forum.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience and my greatest gratitude for following ConQUEST.

====================

Objective: Gather any leads about El-Dorado

Servant Status
    [B]Assassin

[B]Saber - Uesugi Kenshin

Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Magical Energy: Good

We are currently in the city of Cusco, Peru.

The reason we are here is we determined that this place is the most likely to be attacked next after Lima, as it houses a Mana Reservoir from the information Magellan has. We don't really know where it is exactly located, nor do we have any lead about El-Dorado the Faction.

"Say, Magellan, you are a Spanish Conquistador, right? You must know one or two about this place then."

"Technically, yeah. But as you know about history, I'm much more involved searching for Spice Route. I'm afraid I know no better than you guys."

The term conquistador is almost synonymous with the colonization of The Americas, as it is strongly associated with the likes of Christopher Columbus and Hernán Cortés. However, the actual term also applied to any explorer originated from Spain and Portugal, such as Magellan.

And the search for Spice Route, the one expedition that carves the name Ferdinand Magellan in history is not the most fortunate, to say the least. It is true that Magellan makes a few stops in South America such as her almost mythical adventure against a giant race in Patagonia, or her brave voyage in a strait of death now named after her and become the namesake of her Noble Phantasm, Strait of Magellan. But just like I mentioned earlier, those are merely pitstops for the even bigger voyage - the spice trade in Molucca in South East Asia.

Fortunately, I have the map of this city this time as Magellan provided, since I no longer need to fuss over having outdated information like back then in Fuyuki.

Cusco Map

From this tourist map itself, we have a few directions for us to investigate. Some even have much more obvious significance than the others. For example, the Sacsayhuamán is the historical capital of the Inca Empire; or the San Blas District which holds historical importance of Spanish colonization. While Avenida Sol and San Bartolome are, I believe, shopping districts? We may go for a quick shopping to get the three Servants some modern clothes, which our secret carrier apparently didn't provide.

This is really a literal search for El Dorado. Now, where to go?

Choice!
    We need to find information about this city, but unfortunately, we have no lead. It's time for information gathering, and each character can go to a different location.

Lestari Elliwyn:
    1. The Inca Walls
    2. Sacsayhuaman Complex
    3. Statue of White Christ
    4. Stone of Twelve Angles
    5. San Blas District
    6. Plaza San Francisco
    8. Avenida Sol
    10. Bartolome Centre

Magellan:
    1. The Inca Walls
    2. Sacsayhuaman Complex
    5. San Blas District
    6. Plaza San Francisco
    8. Avenida Sol
    10. Bartolome Centre

Assassin (because of the Skill: Pursuit, she can search two):
    1. The Inca Walls
    2. Sacsayhuaman Complex
    5. San Blas District
    6. Plaza San Francisco
    8. Avenida Sol
    10. Bartolome Centre

Kenshin:
    1. The Inca Walls
    2. Sacsayhuaman Complex
    5. San Blas District
    6. Plaza San Francisco
    8. Avenida Sol
    10. Bartolome Centre

Blog Entries
    Lestari - 4
    Magellan - 5
    Assassin - 1 and 6
    Kenshin - 10
    Last edited by 34; April 1st, 2019 at 08:02 AM.