Blog Entries
    b, e , f

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    We need a tie breaker.
    Between a and e.

====

if there is none until end of the week (time not specified), I will do coin toss.
    Last edited by Spartacus; October 5th, 2018 at 02:02 AM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    QM's note
    Instead of a tiebreaker, I decided to fuse the answers instead.

Year: 2022
    Day: Day
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Good

"Sure, I can tell you that."

There is the danger that by telling him the miracle behind my birth will be gone if it's work via Mystery like Magecraft was (not like I understand how). But I and (presumably) my grandfather are the only Elliwyn left, losing my life or our Magecraft still means the end of our lineage either way.

"This will surprise you, but we don't even know how."

"...?" Zouken raises his nonexistent eyebrows.

"My dad simply marries my mom, an ordinary woman. She happens to be so compatible with our bloods that the magic circuit inside us activates again. Or so that what we think."

"..........."

He didn't say anything. I didn't know if he was disappointed or angry, but he seems not very happy with that short and mundane story. I guess I should be prepared that he refuses to answer my questions.

"Haaah... So, what do you want to ask?" Unexpectedly, Zouken seems to honor his promise.

"Uh, you are okay with that?"

Zouken didn't answer, instead he says something that directed to me deep within his heart. "I despise your very existence, how cruel the world is to give someone that already given up a chance while my efforts didn't bore fruit." Says Zouken, mercilessly frank.

"But you are also my hope. If you can be born, then there is no mistake that the same thing can happen to my former family."

"............" I can only listen carefully, there is no word come from my mouth able to reassure his heart, anything I say will sounds arrogant to this man.

"And most of all, I want to see those Factions suffer. If you somehow able to use your status as the sole Master in this war without joining any of them, that will ruin their plans off, especially New Japan. Kakakakaka!" Zouken laugh.

No need to dig deeper, if the man says so, there is no reason to not ask. Pressing more about personal and private motivation will annoy him and make everything more difficult. Besides, I'm not here to sympathize or bond with him.

"What's going on with Fuyuki city? There are places that so crowded, then there is this district full of the army. It's very fishy." I ask first the most confusing sight I seen in this city.

"As you can see from the existence of the army and Servants, this has become New Japan's military headquarters."

"Oh... that makes sense- Wait, headquarter what!?"

"It's the headquarters of this country's Faction, New Japan. It should be pretty obvious, no?"

"But this city is far from strategically important!" Not like I know what that's mean, but the point is!

"If we are talking about the conventional military, maybe. But this is Servant we are talking about. There is nothing more advantageous than basing yourself on a land full of high-quality leyline such as this. Not to mention, Fuyuki has held a Holy Grail War five times."

"......" As I try to digest and understand his words, there is something that flashed my mind. "But then, why the city is so unguarded then? I able to sneaks to this city so easily..." No matter how stealthy they tried to hide the location of their base, there is still the need to defend if the time comes. So it fails me that there is a headquarter so unguarded I can enter it with a few spells, especially a Faction's.

"...? What do you mean unguarded?" Ask Zouken, legitimately confused. I explain to him once again and he didn't believe me. He then closes his eyes, seemingly trying to transmit his consciousness to his familiars. "They are as tightly guarded as always, there is those garrison of aircraft carriers and military ships. If you don't believe me, do you want to transmit your consciousness to my worms?"

"No... I'll trust your word." What a dirty old man, there is no way I will let myself to transfer myself there, I'm not stupid.

"I see."

But that aside, assuming his word is true, how can I slip easily here? Am I just got lucky that night and able to enter when everyone conveniently not on patrol? Or am I is just that good as a Magus at stealth?

"Then... what's up with your house? You say a jail, but what does that mean? Are the other two families befallen a similar fate?" I confused, why a residence of distinguished Magus family like Makiri become a prison jail is a mystery for me.

"It's simple. A Magus's residence is the best workshop they can find, therefore, it has the best leyline spots imaginable among the city. As for my house, it is not a convergence point but very well suited to be a jail, having chambers and everything, so they simply refitted it." Says Zouken.

"But a jail located on spiritually strong location is..."

"Correct, it is to held captive Magi like us and Servants. But currently, it just an empty jail."

A jail for Magi and Servants, in other words, a very powerful Bounded Field. If that the case, then I'm saved to not approach the house.

"As for Tohsaka and Einzbern, they are not here. The heir of Tohsaka is a prodigy, a full-fledged Magus, I'm not even confident fighting her. She has gone from this land since the first year of the war. While the Einzbern never lives here in the first place."

So approaching Makiri is the right move then.

"But their home, on the other hand, has been turned into something else like mine. Tohsaka's home has been turned into the residence of the Servant Rider, the red samurai you saw earlier. It seems he needs magical energy the most among the Servants, that's why he chooses such a place. Ah... there is also another family living here besides the three of us, it is a traditional Japanese mansion, and it becomes Saber's residence, located the farthest among the Servants."

Besides Rider whom I have met, there is Saber... even the so-called strongest class is here.

"For the Einzbern... it a little bit complicated. See, that forest over there?"

I look at the direction that Zouken pointed out. It's a seemingly simple forest.

"Another Bounded Field?"

"A very powerful and natural one, and they boosted it. If you approach it, it will only repel you back. But if you get inside, you will saw a highway led to something else. This time, they hide something much more exciting." Zouken grin, as if enjoying this or laughing at my circumstance.

"The military base..." I say while holding my mouth, this is the worst possible place I set foot at.

"Yes, and even I can't tell how big it is. But in any case, the Einzbern castle located near the military base seems used by both Archer and Caster as their residence. There is also other convergence of leylines like the Church and Ryuudou Temple, but I don't know what happened to them. The exteriors are unchanged just like my house at least."

Another dropped, Archer and Caster. There is four Servant in this city in total.

I was planning to ask about the Servants earlier, but he already tells me enough. Asking more will not give me any more information, it is obvious that both of them are the Servants of New Japan.

Then, the heart of the problem:

The Command Spell and how to remove or transfer it.

I have never been wanting a part of the Holy Grail War, even more so on a quasi-politic war between Servants. What I want is simply living my life without caring about anything, pursuing my study of Magecraft and pass down my knowledge to my heirs once I'm old just like every other down to Earth Magi was.

"The Command Spell, can you transfer it? Do you want another chance to fight for the Holy Grail?" I cut down straight to the case as I fed up with the bullshit of this cursed thing!

"Unfortunately, even if I can transfer it, I wouldn't be interested with your Command Spell."

"Yeay, let's transfer go- wait, what did you say?"

"My objective is the Holy Grail, a device that able to execute its accumulated magical energy to perform a miracle. The accumulated magical energy that birthed the war that associated with the command Spell in your hand, is simply a magical energy reservoir with a single function, to summon Servants. If I was allowed to compare, it is pretty much the same thing with the heroic spirit summoning device that Chaldea stole the idea from me. It is useless for me." Says Zouken in a very honest answer.

"But that just hypothetically speaking. Even I can't transfer that thing to others." Zouken add.

"The reason is simple. It looks like and works like a Command Spell, but in the technical term, it is something else. The composition and where it resides are totally different. A Command Spell is a curse that resides in your physical body, you can steal it by killing the owner or chop their hand. This one, however, engraved into your soul. Even if I chopped your hand, it will manifest in another body part until the last limb you have."

Then, he stops his explanation.

Yes, to run away from this curse is to give up living. Perhaps that's what Zouken says inside his head, as that is the first thing appears in my mind processing this information.

I can only listen. I didn't even cry, deep down I know it is very obvious and not gonna be this easy. But this past five year, the reason why I keep doing this, the reason why I stay sane, by clinging to this small hope that everything will be okay once I reach Fuyuki.

All of them are instantly broken like a fragile branch of a tree.

"Besides, you seem already prepared for this? I noticed earlier what is inside your bag-"

"I thought who would be conspiring right below our nose, aren't you being healthy as always, old Magus?"

The sound of a woman can be heard, soon her figure can be profiled with naked eyes. She wears ridiculously expensive looking black kimono with flower motifs. She is the beautiful woman that accompanied the red Servant before.

Accompanying her, a dozen men in black appear behind her, seemingly bodyguarding her. Unlike the official-looking army and police before, they look much more private and reminds me of mafia or yakuza. But what more jarring is that they arm themselves with the outdated guns I saw earlier.

"You..." The one that responded is not Zouken, but me as I recall that we gazed each other half an hour ago.

Spoiler:

"Oh? I have seen you before, young lady. My long-term memory is very reliable, you see? Are you his conspirator?" Says the woman in a very courteous tone.

"So, what is it if that true, Caster?" But again, the one that responds to her is the other party she didn't talk to at the moment. Zouken refer her as Caster, the class full of the most powerful Magus in history, a confirmation that she is indeed a Servant!

How I didn't notice her as a Servant earlier?! It should be obvious that a woman as standout as her is definitely a Servant. Is she having an ability to conceal her status as a Servant or something?

Wiseup! Powerless Shell E

Powerless Shell E

A Skill that makes the user difficult to perceive as a Servant. In New Japan Caster case, it suppresses her Class, Skills, and Alignment to be unrecognizable by others, but still able to be perceived as a Servant if they look carefully and observant enough.

"Unfortunately, I can't allow that, doesn't I? The Prime Minister will not be happy with my work if I can't take care of her." Readying herself in some sort of a stance, a burst of magical energy suddenly can be felt from her. The magical energy she emits feels foul, it feels like a bad omen, it feels like eternal darkness lurked inside ready to swallow anything like a black hole.

But this is not the time to cower in fear, "What about the red samurai Servant you accompany today?" I ask nervously, now knowing she is a Servant and losing my confidence.

"Unfortunately, he busies trying to detect a different kind of rat more than the old man next to you. A very troublesome and dangerous one, in fact. But well, he has dealt with her antics before, I'm sure he is alright confronting her once again."

Of course, even if she was alone, there is no way we can defeat a Servant with just the two of us. The difference in physical ability is clear, even the lowest rank of Servant is a hundred times stronger than a single Magus. And if we believe what Zouken says, she is a Caster, in a Magecraft contest we are also severely outmatched.

But Zouken smiles, "How fortunate."

"I have a trump card for dealing against Servant just in case. It is not a convenient ability that I can only use once and need lots of preparation to do. I originally am going to use it in the Fifth War, but a lord decided to join in and make the war a joke. It also will never work against knight class Servant, their innate resistance toward Magecraft is troublesome. But for you, that's totally not the case, Caster."

Zouken eyes widen, filled in confidence and certain victory. The fact that he can pull off such face is a testament that he is the very creator of the Holy Grail War and a powerful Magus.

"This is-!!!"

A blood red magic circle appears orbiting Caster's body. This is the first time I see this specific magic circle, but I have studied it like everything related with Fuyuki Grail War.

It is a summoning circle.

"Come, True Caster!"

The spell has been cast prior, what Zouken need to do is simply to point out his target. Caster is caught distract, unable to properly react in time. Even a Servant can't react in time to spell that doesn't need any second at all to be cast. The red summoning circle spells doom to her the moment it appears to be seen by naked eyes.

"Kuh-!!!"

Splatters of blood, drowned the entire alley with deep red. The ribs and organs of the once beautiful woman in black kimono called Caster seen visible. Within the opened cage emerge a new Servant in black-purple robe, a powerful witch from the age of god should be born as Zouken's personal Servant.

That's the expected turn of event that Zouken anticipated.

"I- Impossible-!"

"It seems for once, fortune is with me. I don't know what you are trying to pull, but it appears the result is far from a success."

But Caster stood there, beautiful as always, unharmed.

"Everyone, you are permitted to open fire."

"Yes, Deputy Prime Minister." Say the men in black harmoniously.

The loud sounds of raging hammer, the rusty smell of gunpowder, and the flash of fired bullets drowned the entire alley in shining white. Without a slight of hesitation, they pulled the trigger almost simultaneously, the firing squad has done their job as flawless of a professional.

"------!"

The old Magus that once named Zouken, has been reduced to a lump of meat in a second. His entire body has been pierced by straight, light bright bullets that surpass all modern weaponry in speed. Soon, his entire body burns to ashes, not leaving a single drop of blood behind.

The fact that the arcane Magus unable to fight back, the fact such outdated looking matchlock fire of energy of light with ridiculous speed that human eyes fail to track, It is clear the gun they held is all Noble Phantasm!

They reload their gun as quickly as possible, and the next target they need to eliminate is-

Shit, shit! I need to act fast-!

Warning! Act wisely-!

Choose CAREFULLY. Some of the obviously wrong choices mean certain death! Calmly analyze the situation, choose the most optimal choice available and you might leave unscathed!

Your Magical Energy is Good so you have around 29 amount of Magic Circuit can be used.

Offense! What to do-

[1] Fire bolts of Via! (4 Magic Circuit spend)
    [2] Fire an areal attack of Puer! (4 Magic Circuit spend)
    [3] Remotely control the anti-Servant guns (4x) looted before! (4 Magic Circuit spend)
    [4] Don't attack!

Defense! Protect my own self-

[a] Use Via + Populus to pull me away three-dimensionally from building to building! (4 Magic Circuit spend)
    [b] Shield myself and stand still like a fortress with Carcer! (4 Magic Circuit spend)
    [c] Run as fast as possible in a straight line!
    [d] Don't run!
    Last edited by Spartacus; July 6th, 2020 at 05:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    2a
    Last edited by 34; October 6th, 2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: whelp

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    4a because I don't have the balls for 4d
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; October 6th, 2018 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4a

The gunners are just mooks with Noble Phantasms, not really worth the additional spell costs or Anti-Servant Bullets. Best to run away as quickly as we can.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think my bet will be 4a, best to focus on getting out of there.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Stuff
    Sorry for the delay, real life happened, by that, I mean building a gunpla. Hey, if Nasu get away from Dark Souls, I can too!

=================================
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Good

Zouken, the old and powerful Magus turned to dust by the barrage of Noble Phantasm. Without notice, his body has gone as if never existing.

The men in black reload their Noble Phantasm with another bullet. They were ready to fire another volley, as they took a scoping stance aiming straight at me.

"VIA, POPULUS, DRAG ME!" in a haste, I throw a single geomantic figure to the top of a tall building nearby. My body pulled diagonally to the air by electricity as if myself a magnetic object. The impact between my back and the solid building will not be pretty, but it is the better choice more than pierced by such deadly guns.

I anticipated they would shoot me as fast as they can, and I can evade their attack in time by moving in a different direction from the straight bullets.

But the straight lines are too few, only a few of them shot the gun right away.

The others aim to the top of the building I currently dragged myself into as if anticipated my movement!

SHIT, SHIT, SHIT! I throw another geomantic figure, this time to the farthest right path of the alley as I in a rush to properly select my destination. Once again, the electricity drags me to the location of the card, "Via, Popu-

The shots have been fired, this time, I am a second too late. They didn't actually hit me, as I pull myself to the right alley before they pierce me. But simply grazes on the left part of my body, I can feel the painful heat of the Noble Phantasm.

"Arggghhh!!!" It was painful, it was painful, painful and so painful, it really hurts! My left arm barely feels the tip of the source of the heat, and it really feels burning!

I don't want to be grazed again, let alone directly hit from that. So I muster all my strength to get away from here. "VIAAAAA-------!!!!!!!" I scream to the top of my lung as I throw another geomantic figure and pull myself to the farthest building, then do another as fast as possible.

"Everyone, capture her without fail. Leave me here, I have another business I must do." Caster's voice faded with the alley as I ran away and lost sight of her.

After dragging myself to buildings and brace the powerful impact the magnetic force created, I return to the ground hastily.

Once regaining my footing, I sprint and run as fast as I can.

Not caring how people around the city sees me, not caring some car almost hit me.

The men in black keep chasing me, but unable to shoot me as the city crowded with many civilians.

Without looking back, I keep running and running as I didn't notice they already lost me for quite some time, perhaps even hours.

Status Updated

Health: Good--->Poor (Wounded)
    Magical Energy: Good 4 Magic Circuit used--->Normal

Wiseup(s)!

Lestari Elliwyn:

Via + Populus, drag me.

Using both Via and Populus, she can choose an object and herself as two opposing magnets to drag her or the object by using her other Element Earth to the others. She can use it as a mean to three-dimensional travel or drag a smaller object to her. She can control the dragging speed by means increasing the magnetic force, but she can't control the impact created by said speed.

It took an equal amount of 1 Magic Circuit per-use.

New Japan:

Matchlock Noble Phantasm Armed Army

The signature weapon of New Japan, a matchlock like Noble Phantasm mass-produced en-mass for the use of the army, police and other military units. Its firepower is devastating toward normal humans or Magi and can harm Servants. It removes the weakness of a matchlock, as the newest development allow the weapon to use bullets instead of gunpowder. But because the way the weapon designed, it needs reloading every single bullet.

INTERLUDE

Day: Night

Einzbern Castle.

A Western castle located in the outskirt of Fuyuki, an unfitting place for the building that the leader of New Japan resides. It is hidden by multiple protections such as Bounded Field and military base. It can be said that it is the safest place in the entire city. Though, the reason why the prime minister chooses such a place because she likes Western culture more than anything else.

However, despite the seemingly classical appearance, it is already modified to the extent that it can compete with the advanced weaponry the top Factions employ. It has detection jammer, automatic anti-aircraft turrets and much more. A castle that employs both magic and science as a defense, there is no better fortress than such.

Located inside, there is a room that acts as the office for the Prime Minister.

"I'm sorry to inform you, Deputy Prime Minister. We are unable to capture the girl." Though, the one that always in office is her number two as she dealt with her subordinate's reports.

"Oh really? Well, what's happens, happens. I also have a share amount of blame too, that old man's spell may fail but it disturbs my magical energy, so I can't help all of you at the time." She gives a signal that she is busy as a sign to dismiss the man in black, "Just keep an eye on every corner, she can't run away from this city anyway. Is that clear?"

It has been hours since the search ended, as they lost track of the Magus they need to capture. Even with the knowledge of their existence, it seems to capture a single of them is proven to be a hassle, as Zouken and the girl shows.

"Yes, excuse me."

The man in black leaves, puzzled with her seemingly contradicting statements. He remembers that she ordered him and the others to capture the Magus without fail, so he expects a punishment or some sort, but what he got is a very laid-back response. Though, it is a good thing he is not being punished for failing her order.

Despite putting so much thought, he didn't find the reason why. In the end, he just passed it as 'a woman thing' and move on. In which, if be heard, will cause another troublesome issue altogether.

"Something happening, Caster?"

"Oh, Saber. What are you doing this late here?"

A girl, a very young adult, enters the room. Unlike the goon from before, her appearance is very striking. Wearing kamishimo befitting a warlord of middle age Japan that give both simplicity and regal as an impression. All in a different shade of blue, and clad in practical and light, shining silver samurai armor.

In comparison with her, Caster looks old, or so the person herself thinks so. Though, even if she gathers a thousand men and women from all of Japan to choose which one is the prettier, 80% of them will point their index to the older woman. Such is her great beauty, as she was known to be one of the prettiest women in all Japan, a mere youth is unable to compete with her. But still, the person's own sentiment can't help but express a little jealousy, thinking that she should be summoned that young too.

New Japan Saber

"Reporting the usual, but I have something I absolutely must do beforehand. So... I heard about capturing a girl?" Answers Saber in a cool and dignified manner as she hands a pack of a document to Caster.

"Well, Some Magus able to slips to this city and try to make contact with Zouken. Though, the good news is, I able to exterminate the later." Caster in return, skim to the document like a good superior she is. Despite the difference in combat strength, in the higher order of things, Caster is second only to Archer, the Prime Minister herself.

"A Magus slip in? My apologies, I'm in charge of defense, yet I let someone penetrate this city." Says Saber, deeply ashamed to herself as she fails doing her most important task.

"No, no! It actually good for us, the Magus that entered the city is no other than the runaway Master." Despite all the jealousy she has on Saber, she didn't hate her. In fact, she likes her the most. So she doesn't like if she thinks lowly about herself and proceeds to reassure her.

"The Master..." Once she heard the title, she gazes down and raises her arm near to her mouth, seemingly thinking in deep thought, an unfit reaction toward the very good news she just listens to. "I see..."

"Besides, you did your job very well! After all, only you and the Prime Minister well-suited for aerial combat, who knows how can we deal with the garuda army the Phoenix Empire sent to us almost every day with just her alone? These peaceful five years will be impossible without you."

"Thank you for your kind word, Deputy Prime Minister."

The Phoenix Empire is formerly known as the nation Republic of China, one of the Upper Belt, the three superpowers exist on Earth. It has conquered almost of all Asia, only leaving India and Southeast Asia behind. It has continued sending a small number of troops to Japan in a form of a half-man and half-bird creatures, but Saber able to take them all down every day in relative ease, albeit taxing on her stamina.

"But Archer huh... she is a big headache. If only I can deal with her, everything will be much easier."

It's not just a matter of personality. Saber has a history with Archer, a very complicated one. At first, they were in a neutral non-interfering alliance in their quest to take down Rider's clan back then, but Archer proceeds to invade Saber after that. While she was not slain by her in the end, she can't help but feel resentment toward her as her clan fell into ruin after her death, despite admittedly being her own fault.

Yes, the four Servant of New Japan in their lifetime is a mortal enemy toward each other, and each of them has feared the might of the others, they even know each other true name from the very start. But that is also the reason why there is some sort of mutual trust, as they acknowledge each other competence and ability as a person, a leader and a Heroic Spirit.

"I wouldn't blame you, Nee-san is hard to deal with. That being said, you and Rider are one of the few people that actually get along with her to this extent."

"If that's true, what a one-sided relationship we had." Saber gives Caster a troubled smile as if saying 'I don't believe you, friend.'

"Fufufufu, please get along well with her." Caster laughs mischievously.

"I'll try." Saber turns her back and starts leaving, opening the door that connects to the hall of Einzbern Castle and leads outside. "Farewell then, I will go home for the time being."

"Saber." Before she leaves, the Deputy Prime Minister interrupts.

"...?" Saber turns her head to Caster. "What is it?"

"Regardless whatever happening, please, stay true to yourself." She smiles brightly at her comrade.

"Thanks... for the advice...?" She leaves the room, confused with the statement.

Day: Night
    Health: Poor (Wounded)
    Magical Energy: Normal

"Ouch, ouch. My arms still numb!" I complain pathetically, as my arm still burns from the gunshots earlier.

Thankfully, it is a burn wound. It is very painful and can cause infection, but it is not as 'you can die if you lost consciousness' type of wound like losing so much blood. I don't have the opportunity to get myself a medical kit, and I don't have healing talents in Magecraft side of things, so warping the wound with clothes is the only thing I can do.

But this is such an eventful day. There is that guy from the ramen stall, meeting Zouken, meeting armies, meeting Servants, Zouken dies, and normal people with Noble Phantasm. If this a TV show, all those events will have an episode of their own.

What happened to Zouken is unfortunate, there are many things I want to ask to him, but at least I know for certain.

I don't have any business here anymore.

Now knowing that the Command Spell is engraved to my VERY soul, I don't know what to do with this thing. But now there is no more mystery, I can just run away from here and return to the sea.

Then what?

Either way, it is a bad idea to stay here. Which come to the next question, how?

If a matter of transportation, I can just use this lump of steel and use Via and Populus to move it. But Zouken says there is a garrison of battleships encircling the city. If we believe him, I can't pass them with how out of place this thing and getting caught on their radar. I can use Carcer to make an electromagnetic field that disrupts their radio wave, but that spell is very showy and bright.

There is also another choice to explore the city and find out if there is something I can exploit, but that is too random of a choice and definitely time-consuming to be meaningful.

Now, the place I must avoid, shopping district, outskirts, and Saber's residence. The Shopping District and its neighborhood are the place swarmed with the army and Rider's residence, the very same district where I get my burn wound. The outskirt is full of Bounded Field I assume, as it presumably houses both the military base and another Servants' lair. Saber's residence seems located east of my hideout. I'm lucky that Caster didn't deal with me by herself, as the right way to deal with Servant is to not deal with them.

There are two unknown places, Ryuudou Temple and the church. The first is located near the outskirt, but much better than the heart of the military base. The church doesn't near anything worth mentioning. But both have a high chance to be modified like Zouken's house before.

Anyway, I must sleep first to regain my stamina and magical energy after setting some traps. I doubt the wound will go anywhere by a single sleep though.

Strategy Phase start!
    Objective: Go away from Fuyuki City!
    Time Limit: ???

Strategic Choice!
    Strategy Phase has started, the current objective now is: Go away from Fuyuki City!

Lestari will regain her Magical Energy, but her Health will be regained rather slowly due to her untreated wound. (Wounded status)

How long she needs to sleep?
    [1] 1 hour [+1 Magical Energy and 0 Health]
    [2] 2 hours [+2 Magical Energy and 0 Health]
    [3] 4 hours [+4 Magical Energy and 1 Health]

Where to investigate tommorow?
    [a] Check the garrison [1 hour spend]
    [b] Check the church [1 hour spend]
    [c] Check Ryuudou Temple [2 hours spend]
    [d] Check the city (but where?) [4+ hours spend]
    Last edited by Spartacus; July 6th, 2020 at 05:41 AM. Reason: though and thought jesus

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    3b

And damn, looks like my guess was wrong. I hoped that since Caster gave the mooks permission to kill Zouken after he attacked her, that not attacking would restrict them from attacking Lestari. Also is Caster Oichi? As Archer is most definitely Nobunaga.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; October 11th, 2018 at 10:25 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    3b

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    4b

And damn, looks like my guess was wrong. I hoped that since Caster gave the mooks permission to kill Zouken after he attacked her, that not attacking would restrict them from attacking Lestari. Also is Caster Oichi? As Archer is most definitely Nobunaga.

btw you mean 3b?

Blog Entries
    3b

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post

btw you mean 3b?
    Yeah, whoops
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A bit late but 2B

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Health: Poor ---> Normal (Wounded)
    Magical Energy: Normal ---> Excellent

"This is the church..."

I choose to investigate Fuyuki City's church. While I don't have a single lead where to go and what do I need to search, I decided to investigate this place as it is the seemingly smartest choice. Ryuudou Temple is nearby, but it was near the military base, so the chance of meeting a Servant is high. Searching the city aimlessly will be fruitless and time-consuming, as I didn't know what to search. The church may be far, but it also holds the merit that it is far away from the military base.

And it shows, I can evade the men in black relatively easy when coming here.

As for my wound, it stills untreated, I can't approach a single shop when there are so many men in black, police, and army actively searching for me. But a good long sleep at least restores my energy for a bit, and with my magical energy at the most top form, I can handle hundreds of a normal person with ease (I think) and use more powerful spells.

Those to consider, there is no guarantee I will not meet a Servant here. I should be calmer and act accordingly when confronting a Servant next. There is no doubt they can kill in an instant if they really want to, so if I can meet their demand, I can save my life.

But this place is so deserted, no one comes here to pray? I mean, I know there is a story about Japanese xenophobia and persecution against Christianity back then in the late Sengoku era, but this is like, 21st century.

Of course, I can't let my guard down despite there are no people here, remember this place is another high-quality leyline.

I approach the church and try to enter inside, "The door is locked."I tried to twist the doorknob and push my weight to the door until I eventually give up."Brute force it is, then."

I look around reconfirming there are no people around, "Via!" and send a bolt of lightning and destroy the door."Feels great!"

When the door busted, a smoke of dust spreads and a swarm of rats and cockroaches flocking outsides in rush. It is a super gross sight to see and super unhealthy to be breath.

The church is empty just like the outside. All of the furniture is very dusty or become animal nests.

As I look around the empty church, I search the back side of the building and start to hear a sound.

A sound of machines, the kind of machine that active all the time and may start overheating, like a mix between a laundry, a CPU and a dynamo.

I try to approach the source of the sounds, and it starts to be clear what kind of sounds it produces. Very mechanical sounds, every few seconds the same type of sounds can be heard again and again monotonously, like the machines doing some sort of a routine.

Then, I entered the source of the sound, the supposed basement of the church.

The factory-like sounds and the image in front of me make it clear.

"This is ridiculous."

A gun factory, a gun-type Noble Phantasm factory to be exact.

The matchlock guns keep being produced continuously one by one, similar with any other mundane factory, except obviously, it currently creates anything but mundane items.

I took one of them to inspect carefully, rotating the gun around to not missing any little detail.

There is no mistake, these are same matchlock Noble Phantasms used by the army, the very same one that burns like hell just simply grazed by them.

There is another machine that seemingly put gunpowders to a gold-like case. I figured this was the bullets used for the Noble Phantasm.

So... Noble Phantasms can be simply mass-produced like this? Aren't they are supposed to be something exclusive for each Heroic Spirit?

Why the hell they establish a factory below a church?! Of course leyline, but still...

At any rate, there is no single worker here, all of these seems worked by machine alone.

I don't know how many currently being produced, but from the look of it, there are over hundreds of Noble Phantasms already completed lying around as if it was cheap.

"Hello, intruder! Welcome to Nobu-Nobu Channel~!"

"...!" A loud voice suddenly can be heard, it startles me for a second. Then, I saw a raven-haired girl's smug face in an imperial-like clothing appears on a small screen at the ceiling, albeit deformed into a chibi cartoon.

Spoiler:

"Ah, finally, finally! An exciting encounter is finally here! Man, do you know how bored I was waiting for anything fun every day in my boring life?"Say the cartoon.

I look everywhere, there is no surveillance camera, at least the visible one. It seems she talks with me in real time. I'll try to test it out. "...From your standout clothing, you are a Servant?" I say while putting my hand at the top of my bag very slowly.

"Fuhahaha, not quite! I am an AI created using the Prime Minister's, Servant Archer's personality data!"

Archer? So she is the one that provides the gun Noble Phantasm... " I am no other than her majesty's equal, DEMON PRIME AI-CHAN!"

"An AI? Like, Artificial Intelligence AI?" How seemingly amazing her AI technology aside, I confirmed she really did talk with me in real time from her too hyper answer alone. So she doesn't converse with me from far away using surveillance cameras?

Confirming my situation, I place my hand inside the bag and start searching the inside carefully.

"That's right! I am self-sufficient AI that can accurately emulate 100% her majesty's personality, created by herself as a cute mascot that perfectly marketable to the younger audience! The ultimate propaganda weapon that air on Sunday morning, family friendly, anime heroine! Her majesty's equal, DEMON PRIME AI-CHAN! XD" Says the AI cheerfully as she emotes in the screen.

"You have said that twice!" Search carefully... "But a self-sufficient AI is hard to believe..."

"Well, since I'm in the experimental stage, I lack any other practical use! So here I am, installed here for the lulz surveying the creation of my Noble Phantasms and humor intruders like you. Also, because there is a chance of me corrupting the server, your majesty didn't connect me to any server, so all I can do as a virtual lifeform is to activate my alarm ):"

What's with this city and lack of internet access? "So you are the sole security of this factory?" Keep searching carefully...!

"That being said, I am surprised anyone will try to inspect this church. You see, your majesty thought by not securing this area at all, potential invaders will overlook this place! Hmm, not an ingenious plan if I think again, right? Well, a failure is a lesson for the future's success, so no big deal!"

She... she is the type that rambles everything she wants while ignoring her interlocutors? "So from what you said before... you are isolated here because there is a chance going rogue?" After running my hand around, I feel the coldness of my metal geomantic figure cards in my hand.

"Rogue...? Well, its true she feared me overthrow her like Skynet, but that's not the main reason!"

I gather every single card in my arm...

"You, see... I am her majesty's equal, DEMON PRIME AI-CHAN!" All the weapons stutter violently, seemingly moved by invisible force." Do you know what's that mean?"

Spoiler:

The chibi cartoon girl suddenly appears sinister, like a demon king. "I can use
    Sandanuchi
    Three Thousand Worlds
    too." Without notice, hundreds of Noble Phantasms have flown in the air and ready to shot-!

"————!" And pull out all of the cards!

Choice!

[1] Speedup Recursion Latency, Activate! (8 Magic Circuits spend)
    [2] Raise my arm and surrender...

Wiseup: Speedup Recursion Latency, activate!

The same type of brute-force hacking, Recursion, Activate! But twice the speed. Just like the chants indicate, it allows the user to increase its brute forcing speed twice than the usual speed by means of increasing all the sensory speed in the brain with electricity. As Recursion is very fast enough that it can hack an entire system in 30 seconds, it can hack an entire machine in a mere second. But it has a very high cost and taxing the user physically (inflict Tired Status to Health).

Tired Status: Decrease the physical performance normally displayed by Health for 1 Rank, without decreasing the Health.
    Last edited by Spartacus; July 6th, 2020 at 05:47 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's give 1 a shot.

Blog Entries
    We chose the Technopath, might as well not miss this opportunity.

​1

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    1, You Only Nobu Once
    canon finish apo vol 3