Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71215161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 345

Thread: Fate/ConQUEST

  1. #321
    リビングデッド Living Dead Faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A Vineyard by the Sea
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    70
    US Friend Code
    688,011,841
    Following Hermes' lead with 3B
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

  2. #322
    リビングデッド Living Dead Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    Seconding Hermes 3B and adding that since Ass-chan has Presence Concealment atA++, that edge might be quite wider than it seems at first sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

  3. #323
    imtruenamba1 Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,289
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4
    Year: 2022
    Location: Magus Residence, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent

    Saber - Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent





    An enemy Servant is below us. There is no need for risking ourselves. If we can overwhelm him with a superior number, then we should. Therefore Assa---

    No, you don't.


    "UGGHHH!!!"

    status
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Excellent--->Great


    Suddenly, a very disturbing loud yell echoes through my brain. Unlike the traveling soundwave from before, this time it feels like sound systems for rock concert suddenly played in max volume next to my ears. It drowns my voice alongside messing with my brain from its shocks. Despite I tried to contact Assassin via telepathy, this person able to disturb our network and prevent me from calling for her.

    This is rude, I live among the polite society, we are expected to listen to someone when they are talking you know? It's called general courtesy.

    Kenshin continues to support me with her shoulder, it seems she barely affected by it. But even so, she can't help me to deal with this attack that sent straight to my ears. "Master-! Show yourself, coward!"

    Don't you think that's a little unfair calling me a coward?



    "AGGGGHHHH!!!!"

    He sends yet another sudden loud sound that a little bit stronger than before.

    "Laeti--"

    Persistent fool.


    " ---!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    status
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Great--->Good


    He increased the volume again. This time, the sound was so strong that the shock from it mess with my nerves enough for it to unable to channel my magical energy to perform a spell.

    If you continue resisting, then I'll do the same.

    If I am alone, all of my option to survive has been sealed, that's what it means to fight against Servant.

    But right now, I have the reliable Kenshin.

    "Master, wait for a second, I'll turn the table quickly."

    "I found where he is, he is waiting in a chamber that matches with the direction of the leyline's heart Master has pointed earlier. You only need to turn left once," says Tsuru.

    She holds her scabbard with her left hand and ready her right hand on the hilt.

    "Very well, if you don't want to show yourself and fight honorably..."

    Just like in the shrine back in Fuyuki, she has a nostalgic smile in her face. She then goes back to her determined expression, takes a launching posture and---

    She burst and run at a very high speed, perhaps as fast as during her time trying to destroy the Mana Reservoir. Assassin may have the all-around high agility, but if about bursting at top speed like this Kenshin has the slight upper hand.

    And with that, she reaches the location of the enemy in a few seconds.

    And that's enough for her to give a solid hit.


    The enemy is able to react on Kenshin's assault, but not without a price. As he can't move fast enough and lost his left arm in a single strike. Kenshin doesn't stop there, she ready for another slash and that may enough to slay him.

    "-!!!"

    "I'll fight you the way a war supposed to be."

    status
    Unknown Servant
    Health: Excellent--->Normal




    Instead of backing down, he rolls up his left sleeves revealing futuristic machinery implemented on the arm and that arm began to vibrate violently like a raging motor. He then rushes forward to crush Kenshin with that arm and parry her strikes with the waves generated from the vibrated hand.


    "Khh!"

    "Kenshin, that arm...!"

    "I know!"

    Even she has the upper hand, the fact the mere shockwave from the vibrated arm alone able to parry her strikes make her unease. A Saber with Magic Resistance like her should have no problem against most spells or other similar things. How powerful is that arm once it's able to hit her, she only able to be wary.

    But still, those strikes give him a slight lag to sent me powerful soundwave to disturb my head and I don't take my time.

    "Laetitia!!!"

    The spell that I usually used as a simple brain stimulus, but now I use it to create an electromagnetic field in my brain to resist the soundwave. Sounds able to be sent via electricity, which means I can make electricity to sent the sounds somewhere else. The best thing about it is, it's virtually costless as the very small cost is replenished in no time.

    "Oh no!" The robotic man noticed me breaking free, but he can only defend himself by creating shockwaves to slightly hinder Kenshin's assault. If he tries to reapply the soundwave in my head, he will be unable to defend himself.

    "ASSASSIIIIIN!!!!"

    On it.

    It doesn't take time for Assassin to reply and with her speed, she will reach here in no time.

    "God... that's a horrible ability." That's very painful, but honestly, Oichi's Noble Phantasm is infinitely worse than that.

    Now then... waiting for Assassin to come...

    Choice!

    Normally, it takes 2 turns (2 posts) for a Servant from that distance to come, but because of Assassin's Pursuit, she will come to our aid in 1 turn!

    What should Lestari Elliwyn do?
    1) Wait here until Assassin come
    2) Come down to the chamber and assist Kenshin
    3) Come down to the chamber and try to talk with this enemy
    4) Write in!

    What should Kenshin do?
    1) Continue pressuring this enemy
    2) Try to make an opening to strike him down
    3) Fight defensively
    4) Write in!

  4. #324
    リビングデッド Living Dead King Prussia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    A3 and B3. Honestly I find this Servant to be cool, and why not try our hand at recruitment ? Lestari's Outer Heaven doesn't have a tech specialist yet, and at the very least we can hope to get some information on the SFA.

    Also there's no point in pressing the fight when Ass-chan is on her way. Better to play it safe until she's here and keep the situation under control.

  5. #325
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    33,224
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    3, 1

    Didn't expect Father of the Year to come in person.
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  6. #326
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,064
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    A3, B1 because if Fire Emblem has taught me anything it is that you always aim to recruit more.
    Quest of Fate Apocrypha Universe Fate Quest "OG Fate Quest"
    Beast's Lair Quest Discord Server

    Hall of Hermes Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Are you the protagonist of a YA novel? Perhaps an otome game?
    King Prussia Today at 16:32 You're the Hermes we need, Hermes


  7. #327
    3, 2


    ​Gotta catch'em all


  8. #328
    So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    ...I forgot.
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Blog Entries
    1
    3,1
    Last edited by SleepMode; July 8th, 2019 at 11:44 AM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

    [Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

  9. #329
    imtruenamba1 Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,289
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4
    Year: 2022
    Location: San Blas Church, Disappeared Area, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Good


    hi-res



    "Well... uhh... I know she looks unwilling to listen to your case, but she didn't ditch you or anything, she just being called at the wrong time. I swear."

    Just a moment after he able to plead for Assassin to stay, ignoring his own pride, Assassin run off as her Master called for her in a hurry. Even though he knows she did so because her ally needs her, he can't help but imagine that Assassin was happy for having reason to ditch him.

    "Yeah... It's alright. Anyway, you are also strong right? Just in case more robots attacking us."

    "I'm the weakest on the team, actually."

    "Oh..."

    "But I can handle some robots, as long they are not the humanoid one, probably..." Magellan say so as she remembers she is having a hard time slicing their hard steel back in New Japan.

    "I hope so."

    "Yeah."

    "A-anyway, want to come in?"

    "Sure."

    Alejandro opened the ran down door revealing no-less ran down the interior of the church. Holes everywhere, damp walls, visible dust on corners; this place is definitely not healthy for living. Contrasting it, the sight of children playing around with each other and cutely greet her make her smile. There are also senior members too, they seem looking for the children just in case they might doing something reckless.

    "Do you want to watch something while we wait for either the priest or Miss Assassin, Miss Armada Rider?"

    "Sure. Also, just Armada is ok."

    While Magellan sat on the nearest sofa and wrap a throw pillow on her arms as she patiently waiting for Alejandro preparing the BD player. Alejandro opened his blue-ray case and entered it on the player. After he did so, he sat next to Magellan as the sofa has the best view of the TV. Magellan saw that the BD has many scratches indicating it has been played so often.

    And to her dismay...

    "My high standard on entertainment aside, why are we watching cartoon?"

    "It's pretty popular with the kids, even though its made by USan. Even as an adult and being forced to watch with the kids, I can't help but think this is entertaining too."

    "I see... I think I have seen this cartoon somewhere before, but I'm not sure, I don't want to remember it actually." The subpar cartoon aside, she can't help but notice that Alejandro has deep hatred toward the USA. Knowing that SFA is originated from the USA before conquering almost of North America and ransack South America, she can understand that he has seen first hand the destruction they caused. No, he may already lose countless loved ones too.

    But still, most people will say his hatred is justified. For Magellan, he is a very biased person. Not just him, but anyone shares that kind of view.

    They silently continue watches the show, as Alejandro seems really into it with how not even once he tries to initiate a conversation during most of the show's duration. Magellan meanwhile, plays around out of boredom by swirling her pistol on her right hand and swirling her hat on her left hand. The only scene she catches on is a scene of a blacksmith smithing powerful weaponry in high speed, as she wonders it would be nice to have such person to quickly repair her ships.

    And no matter how skilled someone is, if they didn't focus, they will screw their task. And she did just that, she lost control swirling her hat as she swirls it too fast, launched it to the TV and accidentally turn off the power as a result. She is thankful for the item that thrown away is her hat, not the pistol, or it will accidentally damage the TV or shot someone.

    "IT'S ALRIGHT." Alejandro definitely is not pleased as he answered Magellan apology in haste before she even thinks of to apologize.

    "..." Magellan get off from the sofa and took her thrown away hat back to the top of her head. And then she wordlessly sat on the furthest chair to not bother him even further. "This is so damn awkward."

    ***


    Year: 2022
    Location: Magus Residence, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Excellent

    Saber - Uesugi Kenshin
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Excellent





    The battle between Kenshin and that unknown Servant continue.

    Or so I said 'battle', but it mostly Kenshin pressuring him relentlessly without giving him an opening to attack without able to fight back, as he only has one arm while Kenshin in her top form.

    "Khh-!" Even how weird it sounds because of his inhuman metallic voice, he groans.

    (Even if I can't hit him, he didn't have a way to fight back either. And I shouldn't take a risk that may give him a chance to use that hand on an offensive. If I continue doing this until Assassin come, it's a checkmate.)

    Yet, this enemy doesn't seem concerned having a grievous wound like losing an arm.

    (But still there is something wrong, I don't trigger my Echigo no Ryu even in a small percentage...)

    Echigo no Ryu is a Noble Phantasm that works the more fear or recognition she had from the enemy. No matter how powerful they were, their limb being chopped off is something that at least will make them cautious of her. And yet, despite his weak physical performance, not even a drop of an aura is activated.

    Shortly after, I reached the chamber where Kenshin and the enemy fights. In the center, there is some sort of magical machinery that obviously used to control the magical energy of the leyline. Perhaps this enemy Servant transformed this workshop for his own. But if that so, why he doesn't physically search by himself then? I'm sure the reason why SFA didn't even send a single Servant or powerful machines because most of those are held back by Lancer - Benjamin Franklin whom we don't know the location is. If he is able to slip here, there is no reason not to search them when most people can't even handle the weaker ones.



    "Kenshin!"

    "Don't worry, the situation is under control."

    Regardless, as Kenshin's pressuring him, I checked his status screen. Unlike most Master in grail wars, the ability left by Dream Shroud to detect the enemy status is almost instantaneous and accurate. Unless they have an ability to hide it, there is no way they can hide it once I can profile them.

    ???'s status screen

    ???
    Health: Normal
    Magical Energy: Excellent


    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MAN: A+
    LCK: B
    NP: A+


    No matter how I see it, there is no way for this enemy able to fight against Kenshin's continuous assault. He may have many secret toys on his sleeve, but Kenshin didn't even give him the chance to access them.

    "The Master, Lestari Elliwyn...!"

    "You people sure love to call me with the full title."

    Taunting aside, I come here to talk to him. With his cyberpunk appearance, he definitely is from SFA. But what is he doing here? We know that this area is originally El-Dorado's base, but they already disintegrated it using Archer's Noble Phantasm. I know from Magellan's info and proved by Assassin's earlier battle that they sent many weaker machines to interrogate the conquered areas. But a Servant, locking himself in this chamber, this is very suspicious. There is so many unknown about this whole West War, I want some first-hand info from him.

    As a bonus, recruit him to our team, his annoying sound-based ability may prove useful.

    Regardless, waiting until Assassin come here definitely give us the advantage, but I also have another way to give us more edge too. And also, I want him to know that I'm not someone who can't fight back.

    "Converting Active point and Passive point into Binary number 1 and 0. Converting divination into code. Recursion, activate!"

    Recursion, my entire magecraft is revolved around the ability to control machinery. And he wears many machines, no, 90% of his entire body is a machine. While as a Servant he is much more complex than a pirate laptop, unlike with the AI Nobunaga, I have all the time needed to cast it because of Kenshin's assault. As long they are run with electricity, Servant or not, I am a force to be reckoned with.

    status
    Lestari Elliwyn
    Magical Energy: Excellent--->Great


    "---!"

    The enemy notices something wrong, but he can't do anything about it. And with time, one by one his limb goes numb. First, the vibration from his hand becomes less intense, and soon his hand stopped moving entirely, then finally his leg fall to the ground.

    Noticing this, Kenshin stopped her assault. "Wow, that's amazing, Master."

    "You said you wanted to talk with me right?" While sarcastically saying that, I tried to connect myself to the leyline. And thankfully, with all this machinery it is much easier for me to do so. One of the reasons why I choose to be a hacking magus is because of self-awareness. I know that I will be very undesirable to the magus society if I choose the traditional path that clearly many people outclassed me in expertise. However, knowing that the increase of reliance on technology in magi society, I choose to be a person that can repair machinery like this and offer may service. Or, that was my game plan before all of these Master crap happened.

    I noticed he has been collecting mana from here too, not surprised, but I already cut off his connection to it so there is nothing to fear.

    status
    Lestari Elliwyn's Magical Energy will be recharged twice the speed than usual!


    Perfection~!

    "Now I'm willing to listen, hahaha..!" Oh shit, my bad habit when I'm on the high ground kicks in. I mean who can blame me? I have been pressured by every single important person in New Japan, let me on a high horse for once!

    "...This is certainly bad." Say the helmeted Servant. "However, I don't have any intention to give in with your demand for free. Either an information exchange or you wanted to join SFA, then I will comply."

    "Do you understand your situation right now? The only thing you can exchange right now is your life." Says Kenshin as she holds Himezuru to his throat, close enough to quickly behead him. "..."



    "You shouldn't do that, Lord Kenshin. That's kind of thing is my job."

    "Ah, Assassin, perfect timing." Just when we started trying to talk with this Servant, Assassin has come to our aid.

    "It seems your call is a false alarm, Master." So she said as she chains him with her chained scythe.

    "I truly under distress back then, it just Kenshin being super competent."

    "Well, I don't mind. I don't like being around with the Alejandro guy anyway, he pissed me off." Alenjanwho? Well, I probably learn about him sooner or later.

    After explaining the situation to her, I turn and face this enemy Servant again. "Now, tell me everything you know."

    "Now, now. Telling everything I know is simply impossible physically, even with my mechanized form, something like that will take ye----!!!"

    "I don't like your tone." Assassin tightened her chain so hard his body started to crack. "You better act like a hostage or I will make you act like one soon, I'm not in the best mood right now."

    "Khhh--!! Alright, alright! I'll tell you about my True Name--"

    Again, someone cut him off before he can finish his sentence, this time its Kenshin's turn.

    "Graham Bell. That's the identity of this Heroic Spirit. You better have something more than that."

    When I heard the name, I can't help it but ask the obvious question. "You mean, the famed inventor of the telephone...?" And Kenshin gives me a quick nod.

    In this modern era, his name is an A-lister among the A-lister of famous people. Because what he left to this world is something so real, something that makes us entirely dependable to it. The invention of the telephone has changed the world fully, there is no need to wait for days or months to sent a message, and it's hard to imagine how people in the past manage to live without means of instant communication.

    Even as a magus, what he did is something we can't fully ignore. Worldwide telepathy is something very incredible, but with the technology we have now, even average magi can simply substitute it with a normal phone if they let go their tradition a little bit. Being part of these average magi, I can confirm that I rely on my handphone as much as most people are.

    And the moment he hears Kenshin's claim, he goes silent, "...". But shortly after, his mocking tone is gone and become much more serious and interested. "...How did you find that out?" He didn't even deny it as his question and tone are pretty much confirm that he is indeed the man himself.

    "My suspicion start arise when you rely on sound-based ability to attack us. Knowing the Upper Belt treaty, only SFA Servant can legally be here. But I know your existence even far further back when I still in New Japan. One of the reasons New Japan decided to cut off from the world is because of you. Your ability is comparable to Magellan, if she makes the whole world connected and aware with each other, you remove the limitation of distance in oral interaction entirely. Without a doubt, you are the greatest spy on Earth, SFA Caster ---- Alexander Graham Bell."

    SFA Caster - Alexander Graham Bell
    It seem he is impressed with Kenshin, our Bond: 0 ---> 1 has increased

    Because the character guesses a True Name right, all of their ability is revealed. Next time if the player is able to guess a True Name right and post it in the forum, the same also applied. Check the SFA Google Docs and Credit to 34 for the creation of this Servant.


    "...Magnificent." Says Graham Bell as he being unexpectedly very sincere. He slightly leans to the back as if taking a breath despite wearing a full face helmet. "Everything you said is on point. As expected of a god of war, your analytical capability on warfare is outstanding. On that front, I admit defeat."

    "No, in this case, it's mostly on Nobunaga." If one trying to view the New Japan Servants historically, Kenshin's achievement as a military commander is lesser than her rival Shingen and Nobunaga. While it's true she is known as the incarnation of a War God, perhaps that refers to her martial prowess more than her ability as a tactician. Regardless, most of her service in that Faction consist being their muscle, while Nobunaga is the one that handles strategy and development.

    "But even so, I shall reward you with the truth." However, it seems Graham Bell is still intended to do what he originally does, though he back down with his offer a little bit. "But as much as I wanted to do that, I have a reason making me unable to answer your question as freely as I want."

    "Why?" I ask.

    "Being part of SFA, I can't tell you about their secret."

    "You really loyal to SFA that much?"

    "It less about their ideology, but more about personal interest. A 'fascination', that's more accurate."

    "Fascination to what?"

    "Among mankind's behavior, what do you think is the most admirable? Personally, I admire people that despite with their own limitation, pursue something that what seemingly beyond their ability. As a magus yourself, I'm sure you understand that better than anyone."

    For a magus, that's mean pursuing the Root. The ultimate goal for all magi, perhaps the reason why we practice magecraft in the first place. Even someone as insignificant as me has the desire to reach it, but fully know well that this is an almost impossible dream. Even those higher-up in the Clock Tower, who has the abilities that may rival an entire army; are not even qualified to call their efforts as 'close to reaching the root.' In that sense, I understand what Bell is talking about.

    But this man is not that. At least, in this case, Bell didn't pursue such an impossible thing by himself. By his words, he simply finds the people that dedicated themselves in such endeavor fascinating. Just like when people admire fictional characters doing heroism, but they themselves will most likely walk away if a crime happens in front of their very eyes. In a way, such behavior is a very normal thing.

    "And these people you talking about is in the SFA?"

    "Yes, but only one man. I believe you know the man called 'Leader', the current leader of SFA."

    Leader is as far as I know from Magellan's info, is the very man responsible for this invasion. A Servant whose class is unknown and mostly operate behind the desk as a modern politician does. He is someone that ransack almost the entirety of South America, which also means the person that issued the disintegration of El-Dorado base into nothing. And he is fascinated by this person?

    "..."

    They say the more people have power or intellect, the more inhuman they were. As I know from being a magus myself, our society under an ordinary person's perspective is inhuman. The fact that some of us willing to harm each other, even hurting our family for the sake of that very family themselves are incomprehensible for them. And as a person that relies on modern tech as much as magecraft, a person that walk on both world, I can understand why they would think such; but just because I understand, doesn't mean I agree.

    Knowing the great deeds the man in front of me has accomplished for humanity, I simply can't comprehend why would a person like him claim 'fascination' toward someone that issue destructions like this Leader. Someone like Graham Bell, who without a doubt has transformed humanity into the better future, support a man that issued almost genocidal act?

    "We have enough listening to your rambling. You better start answering our questions now." Press Assassin as she once again tightened her chain.

    "Of course. I'll answer whatever you seek as long I know the answer. However, once again please understand that I can't answer anything that will harm that man, no matter what."

    We will decide on what to do about that uncooperativeness later, now what to ask?

    choice

    This time is a little bit different since you are on the upper hand. You can ask as much as you want from him as he is in your captivity. However, please bear in mind your question may put yourself in danger or giving something away to SFA.

    A) Write-in! (As much as you want)

    B) You can also persuade him to join us, but you must provide a persuasion or reasoning to convince him.

    C) As you are wounded from SFA Caster's attack, you can use your Instant Potion you gained from CC New Hope to heal yourself.

  10. #330
    リビングデッド Living Dead King Prussia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    B. With thanks to Sleepy for helping crafting this speech :

    "Would you like to join us, Professor Bell ? We have a quest to unite the world, to remove the concept of 'sides' so we can accept each other's difference and live together. No other faction will seek to change the world in such a way, they think it's unrealistic and far too ambitious. They will say it's a lovely goal that's still far too hard to achieve, and they will go for the easy road instead : killing each other until there's no one to contradict them.


    We have a vision for the future that's unmatched in it's scope, and we need people like you to achieve you. People that won't seek what's easy to do, but what will really be better for all of mankind.


    You certainly know what I can do already. You and me, we have similar abilities and dreams - we can work together for the good of everyone. "

  11. #331
    So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    ...I forgot.
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,013
    Blog Entries
    1
    +1 to Prussia’s B
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

    [Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

  12. #332
    リビングデッド Living Dead Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    +1 to Prussia, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

  13. #333
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,064
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    +1, jumping on the bandwagon
    Quest of Fate Apocrypha Universe Fate Quest "OG Fate Quest"
    Beast's Lair Quest Discord Server

    Hall of Hermes Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Are you the protagonist of a YA novel? Perhaps an otome game?
    King Prussia Today at 16:32 You're the Hermes we need, Hermes


  14. #334
    Eh, sure. +1


  15. #335
    imtruenamba1 Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,289
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4
    Year: 2022
    Location: Magus Residence, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Lestari Elliwyn
    Health: Good
    Magical Energy: Excellent




    "Of course. I'll answer whatever you seek as long I know the answer. However, once again please understand that I can't answer anything that will harm that man, no matter what."

    "Well then... Would you like to join us, Professor Bell?"

    "Oh?" Bell straightened his helmet head to see me with his eyes, or his visor in his case.

    The other two Servants while slightly surprised, didn't voice any opposition of me inviting him to us. They may look like cute girls but they still commanders in their life, the thought of joining together with enemies that tried to murder them minutes ago isn't alien to them.

    Back in Fuyuki, I simply invited the Tsarina because she looks reasonable to be reasoned with. While she is an enemy, it's true what she says that everyone will not join me simply because they are people with good intention.

    "We have a quest to unite the world, to remove the concept of 'sides' so we can accept each other's difference and live together. No other Faction will seek to change the world in such a way, they think it's unrealistic and far too ambitious. They will say it's a lovely goal that's still far too hard to achieve, and they will go for the easy road instead: killing each other until there's no one to contradict them."

    But still, just because it's impossible, doesn't excuse for them ruining everything like this. They say 'the end justifies the mean,' something so selfish and heartless like that, even a person like me who run away from a responsibility that I'm not responsible for can see that's not the correct thing to do.

    "We have a vision for the future that's unmatched in its scope, and we need people like you to achieve that. People that won't seek what's easy to do, but what will really be better for all of mankind."

    I'm sure there are people that willing to fight for this grand dream. Something that every person might have thought of at some point, but has been abandoned for much more realistic and graspable goal. And perhaps Bell isn't that person, but at least he knows such a thing can be appreciated.

    "So, your answer?" I ask patiently.

    "Discoveries can only be achieved if people are willing to push their boundaries. Often challenges the current common sense, to not be afraid of being branded as madmen. I indeed admire those people pursuing what should be impossible. And what you aim right now is massive, too massive even for Heroic Spirits banding together can hope for realistically achieve it. In this front, I fully support and wishes the front row seat to observe you all trying to achieve it."

    The entire tone Bell used is serious, not the belittling tone he often uses. Without a second thought, he quickly gives me an answer.



    "Farewell. As long our goal is in alignment, I will give you my assistance with this very body and brain of mine."

    ***

    Location: Leader's office, Washington DC, SFA



    The Leader of SFA is currently surveying the invasion of South America in his office. While the office is nice enough befitting to someone of his rank, it is not something you can call grand either. And the mixed smell between cigarette and coffee filling the room give an image of a typical office worker.

    "So Leader, you heard everything from the beginning until the end. What do you think?" Says Bell using his worldwide telepathy to talk with him.

    "Hmph." Leader goes silent for a while, then check his wristwatch and get up from his chair. Noticing what hour he currently in, he diligently clean all of his works in the desk nicely so it can be easily resumed later.

    "Do whatever you want. I have an interview to do."

    Noticing that there is nothing left behind, he styles his hair in front of the mirror. He wears his uniform that hanged in his wardrobe nice and formal. Of course, not forgetting to take the key for his car before leaving his office.

    When he is out from the office, he passes on an old cleaner man and politely greeted him like the senior he is.

    "Good Afternoon, Mr. Brant."

    "Ah, Sir De Walsky! Are you going home?"

    "I have an interview with a TV Station in an hour, perhaps get some takeout for dinner after that, and return here finish today's paper works. I might not be able to go home today."

    "Don't push yourself too hard, sir. You had done many things for this country already, you deserve some rest."

    "Thank you for your concern, Mr. Brant. Have a nice day."

    He continues his leave and reaches his pocket to take a smoke, light his lighter and open his box of cigarettes. To his dismay, it was empty. "...!!"

    Noticing this, Mr. Brant offered his cigarette to him with a warm smile. "It's not your usual brand, but this can do until you reach the ground level."

    "..." He looks at him in the eyes, and then avert his face before smiling back to him genuinely. "You are a lifesaver," he then happily smoke the cheap cigarette as he entered the nearest elevator.



    And listening to all of this, Bell can only mutter, "You should listen to him, my friend."

    Of course, as usual, he didn't answer to such advice. He opens his car, heats it first and spent some more minutes to smoke the cigarette before driving it.

    Leader of SFA has joined the war theatre.

    ***


    Year: 2022
    Location: San Blas Church, Disappeared Area, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Good




    "Well then, let me say thank you first for your help."

    "I don't do anything but on Assassin's behalf, it's my pleasure."

    "Alejandro, we need some privacy. Can you please?"

    "Yes."

    Right after Assassin leaves the ran down church to assist her Master, the priest of the said church is finally returned. Seemingly look like they are going to have a very serious talk, the seniors force the children to stop playing and return to their room. Alejandro makes sure there is no one eavesdropping, including the seniors. After confirming that, he didn't take his time to go to the point.

    "Forgive me for being away after inviting you all, there is something important I need to do first."

    "Yeah, I heard it. Something about encouraging the people, did you go to the podium and have speeches or stuff? Regardless, I am Armada Rider, you are?"

    "You can call me Priest Juan. Well, not exactly speeches but yeah... Anyway, I invited you all to give you this."

    As he seemingly didn't want to talk about the former, he brings out something that all people in this world and age too familiar with it.



    "A smartphone???" so Magellan says, confused.

    "I was told by the central Church to give this to the first outsider Servant or his ally that do samaritan work for us."

    "Ruler told you this?" Murmur Magellan. It seems she can't say anything more about Ruler as the geass Lancer used before prevent her from doing so. But she did know the current Church is much more interested in saving the follower of Christianity regardless of their Factions, as the Church has been taken over by Ruler and Germany coalition.

    And the moment her hand grabs the smartphone, it is activated automatically from mere contact with Magical Energy. It quickly enters a message screen with a very basic interference.

    "Hello, to the person and his ally that do the righteous regardless of opposition. First of all, your heroic deed in this time and age is something the current selfish world desperately need to have, to proof."


    Just like a normal messaging, the phone receives a text mail. However, the screen seemingly locks Magellan to mess with it nor even able to turn it down. The phone right now is not yet under her possession.

    "Before we begin, please never audibly speak nor transmit the content of this message through telepathy. Strictly reply to this message using the smartphone if you wanted to discuss something with me. Don't worry about sabotage, this message is highly and expertly encrypted. If you understand that, please proceed."

    After that message, a confirmation screen pops to confirm did she fully understand the instruction. Noticing that the earlier lock has gone, Magellan quickly proceeds without a second thought.

    "I am the one that hidden in the shadow of this world, known only by a fine share of people. The one that deserves the epithet --- The Greatest Spy in The World, precisely because no one knows me to call me that."

    "Who are you?" reply Magellan.

    "Me? You could say I am your greatest ally: Lestari Elliwyn, and Ferdinand Magellan."

  16. #336
    imtruenamba1 Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,289
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4
    Year: 2022
    Location: San Blas Church, Disappeared Area, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day

    Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Good




    "Our greatest ally?"


    "Yes. That's why you should believe me."


    "I can't just believe in your words. You have proofs?"


    "I do. But I can't share it with you two. Not right now, at least. This is also for your sake."


    "Even if you say that..."


    "This is difficult. We don't have much time... What about this? Instead of trusting me, how about I help you guys for free? I know all of you in South America is to search for El-Dorado, I can help you with that."


    Magellan started to consider the self-proclaimed Greatest Spy in The World's word. Because it only a few hours they come here, and not only they knows we come here, this person already deduced their goal. Truthfully, South America is El-Dorado's domain, but now they almost non-existent and pretty much under SFA control.

    At least, their claim as a great spy is not something that they simply boasts.

    "To begin with, how do you know we are searching for El-Dorado?"

    As if the great spy already anticipated what Magellan going to ask, the spy answers her question with a wall of text, in second.


    "Simple analysis from the data and evidence I had. For example, I can tell that it's true you are searching for El-Dorado from your careless choice of words. Listen, it's understandable that you do not believe in me with how one-sided this is; that's the correct reaction in most cases.

    "That's why I offered you a simple inductive logic. I'll help you with something that didn't reward me in any way, as I already know from the get-go you are searching for El-Dorado. However, there is no reason for me to help you guys to attain your goal: the only logical explanation is I get something in return from you guys; which has been proven untrue as I don't even reap a piece of simple new information. Or I am already your ally in the first place, which I tried to convince you before."


    And Magellan, as someone who has been recruiting crews in her past life, knows this spy is a real talent. She can't help but impressed in the spy persuasiveness and flex of logic, even if it something very flimsy and full of assumption. The spy is a different beast of an analyst compared to Kenshin.

    "Well then, what if I still not believe you after that logic of yours?"


    "Then, the only thing I have left is faith in you two."


    "...You just speak about data now you are talking faith."

    But still, the fact the spy refuses to provide her proof of loyalty make Magellan unable to take the spy words at face value. It's bugging her, how can someone refuse to give a sign of trust despite having it when trying to convince someone? And then, the spy seems to know their movement in real-time too. Not even SFA can predict them appearing here that fast, at least they need a direct battle with Assassin first.

    She then stares at the smartphone, hoping there is some sort of reaction that makes up her mind, like impatience for example. And yet, for minutes the smartphone hasn't received an additional message, seemingly having trust on her. The word 'faith', of all things, is what makes her unsure what to do about the situation.

    And as she flexes her head in uncertainty, her Master telepathically contacts her with good news.




    Magellan, the battle turns out to be very easy, heck, we got new friend now. We are going to the church in minutes.




    "Oh...!" The moment she heard her Master's voice, she got an idea. "How about we discuss this with Lestari-chan, then? I mean she is the Master, all of the final says is on her."


    "That's would be perfect. I expect someone like her will understand me more than you do."


    As expected, the spy is very cooperative about Lestari as she already declares of being her ally. No, her greatest ally. But what comes next is yet another unexpected.

    "Discussing this with others too will be more productive, with Kenshin's tactical mind and all. Ah, we also got new teammates it seems, maybe this person can give us more info."


    "New teammates? Change of plan, we can't discuss this with Lestari Elliwyn or the others. Mrs. Magellan, I want to help you deduce where El-Dorado's base located right now before it's too late!"


    "I thought you say you are our ally? You can't expect to collaborate with me and Lestari alone."

    Magellan then remembers. The spy declares early on that they are the ally of Lestari Elliwyn and Ferdinand Magellan, they never declares the ally of her entire group. But still, the way the spy distrust her friends leave a bad taste in her mouth. At least, not after Lancer --- her former friend, sealed her mouth out of distrust.


    "In the first place, I still haven't determined I can trust the other two. The only reason I may let them in is that their goal has nothing to do with the West War. But this new teammate you talking about is most definitely from either SFA and El-Dorado, I can't trust them in a matter about this West War. Best case scenario is they join fully believing in your cause but still carry bias about their former Faction. I can't let that element mixed into this.


    "I already said that you shouldn't speak about me or this conversation audibly or telepathically since I fear our discussion leaked to the Factions. This is far worse than that. Look, our time keep running out as I try to explain all of this to you, let just begun our analysis!!"

    However, the last bit is something she can agree on. She remembers how Alejandro speaks of American people in disdain. Even if this new ally decided to join their party, they rivalry against the other party will stay and may hinder their cause.

    The smartphone then automatically enter an application that looks like mostly used to prepare for presentation and point of importances. Whatever the spy plan is, it seems if they hadn't finished until Lestari and the others return, everything will be game over for the spy.

    "I don't have any voice for this matter, do I?"

    Sighing, Magellan decided to at least to listen for the time being, or read in this case.


    "For the time being, you can recount all the factual clue you had about El-Dorado. You don't need to spell it to me since I told you I want to help you in a way that it will not benefit me. So you can trust me later."


    Magellan then follows her instruction and recount what they know about El-Dorado. "Hmmm......"

    "I mean, I have all these clues, but we already know where it located already if the clue has clear pointer where it is located. And the SFA and the El-Dorado citizen should find them long ago already if simple info they have can locate where it was."

    It was reasonable reasoning, but the spy quickly rebutted that.


    "Listen, Mrs. Magellan. Facts are formed by witness and observation, not the actual chronology or truth of the event. Facts are the evidence you gather to arrive at the truth, which means facts aren't necessarily the whole truth. If after gathering the evidence you don't arrive at a conclusion, then you may miss some facts or has false pieces mixed with your facts. The so-called bias that I feared."


    "Bias?"


    "You aren't SFA or citizen of Cusco, Mrs. Magellan. You don't witness how the El-Dorado base is destroyed nor participating in doing so. Which means, you hasn't been biased by the information you captured by your own eyes. Your mind for this matter is fresh as a newborn, there is no predefined common sense or logic to hinder your analysis. Now, think, in the way only a complete outsider only able to!"

    Choice

    What should Magellan do?
    1. She can't trust smartphone after all, let's inform the spy existence to Lestari and co.
    2. Continue analyze the situation along with the spy. If so, where do you think El-Dorado is located from these facts you had gathered?
    A. Near the leyline.
    B. In the city.
    C. Around the Disappeared Area.
    D. Write-In!

    The evidence:
    • 2,5 years ago, SFA Archer fires his Noble Phantasm to El-Dorado base, creating the Disappeared Area.
    • Everything in Disappeared Area including the landscape cut clean without a trace, leaving only a wasteland.
    • Cusco is the first city SFA attacked as it is where El-Dorado base originally located.
    • SFA hasn't found where the El-Dorado hiding despite all but two cities already fell.
    • The leyline being cut off in the north-west area, yet magical energy continues to travel and flow there.


    Map of Cusco:

  17. #337
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    England
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,064
    US Friend Code
    139729726
    Blog Entries
    7
    Tricky, but hey - let's start the Bandwagon.
    2A
    Quest of Fate Apocrypha Universe Fate Quest "OG Fate Quest"
    Beast's Lair Quest Discord Server

    Hall of Hermes Praise

    Quote Originally Posted by Saron View Post
    It's official. Hermes is the old man hipster of CaS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Are you the protagonist of a YA novel? Perhaps an otome game?
    King Prussia Today at 16:32 You're the Hermes we need, Hermes


  18. #338
    リビングデッド Living Dead King Prussia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Let's continue the Bandwagon.
    2A​.

  19. #339
    Yeah, 2A seems like the logical choice


  20. #340
    imtruenamba1 Spartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,289
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    4
    Just I promised, whatever important thing that holding back the updates has been done. Hopefully, this means I can write the updates faster and with better quality than these past 4 months.

    ================================================== ========

    Year: 2022
    Location: San Blas Church, Disappeared Area, Cusco, Peru, El-Dorado(?)
    Daytime: Day ---> Night

    Rider - Ferdinand Magellan
    Health: Excellent
    Magical Energy: Good




    "Hmmm... Think outside of the box, eh?"

    She starts thinking in deep thought. Perhaps she motivated herself by remembering how Kenshin expertly plans their mission here with little info they have. Either way, she may be reckless and brash, but she still a captain that planned her voyage and handle the administrative side of it. She is fully capable of doing so if she tried.

    She first recounts the info they have, trying to connect the missing dots. She recalls that in this very land, the original El-Dorado base stood proudly. But as the report says, SFA has ordered their Archer Servant to disintegrate the entire area to nothing. The witnesses have expressed their grief and sorrow, as many of their family is presumably killed alongside it. While SFA no longer bothers to this area anymore and search the remnant somewhere else. And then there is an anomaly in their leyline, as the mana below continue to travel and flows normally to this very area, despite being cut off. Normally, something that flows like water will slow down before stopped flowing entirely.

    "A bias in one testimony... El-Dorado..."

    She also thought about the 'bias' the smartphone's spy said earlier, that she is not a first-hand witness to what happened, there is nothing visually will cloud her judgment. She asks herself: 'think about it', it's understandable that the two Factions hate each other, as they have been warring for 2,5 years before that attack happened. But that exactly it, because it's understandable, it's normal for their judgment to be clouded.

    Citizen of Cusco, who seeing their family disappeared by their own eyes, definitely blame the attacker for what happened.

    SFA war machines, which did the assault by their self and has been exhausted from years of losing, definitely wanted to claim victory about the attack.

    Which is then come into play, the bias. And the Faction namesake, El Dorado, the lost city of gold.

    "...!" Magellan seemingly realizes something, and she started to type in the smartphone to ask the spy about their opinion, but refrain doing so as the spy already make themselves clear that they wanted to convince their trustworthy to her no matter what. At this point, she refrains doing so is not out of suspicion but honoring their determination.

    (Perhaps... The key is on that cut off point.)

    "Alright, I think I understand something." At least she can announce that to them.


    "Oh?"


    The spy can only display their curiosity as they didn't want to be accused of trying to persuade Magellan too much.

    "Let's go to the suspected place then! Mr. Priest, Ass-chan's ex; I'm going to go outside for some fresh air, bye!"

    "Uhh, sure?" Both the Priest and Alejandro can only tilt their head in confusion.



    Magellan raises from the sofa and materializes her servant outfit in a hurry, she then goes outside of the run-down church going to her suspected place. As she is leaving the area, she met Lestari and the others on the way to the church.

    (Oh crap, I can't tell Lestari-chan just yet!)



    "Oh, Magellan, perfect timing! We are going to meet with the guys on the church and discuss-- Where are you going?!"

    "You guys handle their boring sob story, I have something to do! Say hi to the new guy, actually, hi dude, also bye!!"

    As Magellan understand explaining the situation half-assedly will only cause more confusion and trouble, she decided just to pass them without telling them a thing. Seeing her rushing without explaining like that, Lestari can't help but feel annoyed about it right after handling a battle.

    "I'm sorry, Prof. Bell, that girl can be somewhat rude..."



    "Ferdinand Magellan, the very same person that organizes New Japan invasion, hmph. That explains why you people are here right after the assault. But it seems, she knows something more than we do."

    "Perhaps...? I mean, she is a conquistador, she must know about South America more than we do."

    "...That's true." Bell, who is in his spirit form can only mutters in a very dissatisfied tone.

    ---

    Geez that Magellan, is that how she treats her allies that exhausted from a battle? And it would be much easier to talk with this church people with her who is already familiar with them. And I want to explain Bell's circumstance too.

    As a sign of our trust to him. We decided to be connected with his Noble Phantasm
    Bell System
    The Eternal Chime of Information
    . The Noble Phantasm is, simply put, worldwide telepathy that allows us to connect regardless of distance; as telepathy used by magus can go awry the farther the recipient is. This is also the same ability that he uses to mess with me before, but there is no fear of it now as he is our ally, and I also have my Laetitia.

    "Shouldn't we connect Magellan to our network too?"

    "Well, she is already gone now. We can just connect her after she comes back, it doesn't matter."

    "That's true."

    Right after I invited Bell, I forged a contract with him right away. And surprisingly, Bell suddenly goes into his spirit form right after. I was so worried that the wound Kenshin delivered to him is too fatal and he died right away.

    I and the others deduced, my mana capacity can't handle more than 3 materialized Servants. It seems that I can't even try to materialize him even for seconds to test it out, I suspected that there is some sort of safety mechanism installed to my mysterious and useless Command Spell to prevent dying from mana depravity. Of course, it would be different if they are linked with a Mana Reservoir or other sources, but as right now, I can only field 3 of them.

    QUEST rule
    Because of the inherent mysteriousness of Lestari's Command Spell, it seems she can't field more than 3 Servants just like in Fate/Grand Order. Also, just like in Fate/Grand Order, you can only have 3 Servants as a reserve. You can always shuffle Servants you like whenever you want, but it takes a post before you can switch them.

    As right now, you are currently fielding Magellan, Assassin, and Kenshin; with Bell as a reserve. Which Servant you currently fielding or as a reserve will be displayed in the post header.


    "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, right after you join us too. Though I suppose as an SFA, you can't materialize yourself in front of El-Dorado citizens."

    "No, no one knows how I look like besides SFA member and you three, at this point my appearance is much more important to hide than my True Name. As long I didn't show my ability that giving away that I am SFA's Alexander Graham Bell, it will be fine. The one that can give more problem to us is my armless state, people will be suspicious of me being a recruit that just fought with you three. And they will start linking dots together until they arrive in a conclusion that I am an SFA Servant."

    As he mentions his... unfortunate arm and I look into Kenshin guiltily, she can only avert her face to hide her embarrassment as if saying: 'what can I do? He was an enemy back then!'

    Though he did mention about hiding his appearance, and it makes sense. With how his ability is a dead giveaway to his True Name, anyone can easily guess this Caster is Alexander Graham Bell just like Kenshin easily deduced him. And knowing how his ability works, it is indeed will be easy for him to hide his true appearance. Even the Bell in front of me might just one of his many bodies he stationed here.

    Though, come to think of it... What's he doing back then in the heart of the leyline?

    As we entered the church, which seemingly made without much thought and the necessary skill to do so, clearly they only care about functionality in mind. The depressed-looking aged man who is clearly the priest judging by his attire welcomed us warmly.



    Next to him, there is a young man with a rifle strapped on his back, seemingly the guard. And the moment Assassin eyes met with him, she averts her eyes annoyedly while he can only smile awkwardly not knowing what to do. From that exchange alone I understand this man is the Alejandro person that triggered Assassin's switch.

    But, I... don't understand. What's her problem with this guy, why only him alone? She did explain he hit the wrong nerve, but what exactly is that nerve? Assassin... what kind of life you have been going through to have a trauma switch like that?

    Next to me is Kenshin who professionally introduce all of us like meeting with a potential business partner. While Bell stands nearby in his spirit form, which the fact no one noticing is a give away that people here aren't magically aware. After introducing himself, Priest Juan explained that his original intention, to give a special mystic code instructed by the church--- which I can't help to shake my head because said mystic code is a smartphone is already given to Magellan.

    And the first one reacting is Bell, complaining telepathically.

    "Smartphone...? The Church is? Regardless, isn't the Church is part of European Confederation? He told me that EC already violating the Upper Belts Treaty longs ago?"



    Hearing that, Kenshin answers his concern. "If I'm not wrong, the Church calls themselves an autonomous organization not bound to EC, and mostly in this war to protect Christianity all over the world. But as an outsider, I agree, this is a violation of your treaty. Though, I could say the same about the recent invasion."

    "..." He squeezes his decapitated arm tightly with his other arm, seemingly out of realization to something. "Leader is right, no one in this war is clean."

    Priest Juan continues to express his gratitude to us, saying that this is the first time they received reinforcement after the invasion. He explains that they were never able to fight back against the overwhelming strength of SFA robots and continue living in their surveillance, fearing their lives. This is also the first time, as a Master, people expressing gratitude to me and treat me like some sort of a hero.



    "We really can't repay your kindness, Miss Master. But at least let me offer you some rooms for you to rest."

    "I too... can't express my gratitude to you." Add Alejandro, as he bows.

    "Please, it's my Servant that decided to help you out of their free will. But, I accept your offers."

    As I said that, Alejandro leads us to go upstairs and give us two rooms to stay. He explains that the Priest wanted to give us more but as right now, many of the room is occupied by either children and elderly. Some of them were peeking curiously, but upon they make eye contact with Kenshin, she smiles to them and they too smile back at her warmly.


    We then enter the first room they give to me. The room is unexpectedly well maintained for something sad like this run-down church. The floor is clean, there is a 5-inch television inside, the light is bright enough to not damage our eyes for reading at night, their bed also very fluffy. Having a pillow in my embrace, we started to discuss what should we do with the two rooms.

    "I appreciate their offers, but two rooms for all five of us..."

    Kenshin answers, "They don't know Bell is here. So it's not their fault giving rooms enough for four."

    "Still the issue is Bell..."

    "Oh, this is a problem..." Says Bell as he only realizes the issue just now.

    "I mean, if you want a spacious room I guess you and Sir Magellan can have this room while us three in other room." Says Assassin.

    "Yeah, we soldiers have been accustomed to sleeping in camp. Three or ten in the same room is not a problem. How about you, Mr. Bell?"

    "It's a problem. A very big one." Says Bell, bluntly.

    "Look, Mr. visor helmet. You're still new here." Says Assassin trying to enforce her seniority, which is only about three nights difference.

    Kenshin irritated with his answer, gone a little bit pressing in her tone. "Look, I don't know what kind of warm bed you have in your past life or SFA, but this is not the time to be picky--"

    "I'm a man. You all women. Girls."



    As he said that, the two girls look at me, not knowing what to says. I mockingly shake my head and an irritating grin accompanying with it as they immediately blush uncontrollably. Assassin, in particular, begin throwing pillow out of embarrassment.

    "PLEASE DIE!"

    We decided to split the two rooms by 4 girls - 1 boy afterward.


    ---


    (BGM)

    During the dusk, we decided to watch the news. For someone who lives in the run at the sea, this is a very privileged opportunity. Among many shows that catch my eyes, there is an interview to some higher up in the US. White hair, middle-aged man, looks nothing out of ordinary except his irritating smirks. He is someone that we already know who he is the moment we decided to meddle in the West War ---- Leader of SFA.

    The interview begins with detailing his achievement and service to the country. The interview lady states that he, upon his ascension to his current seat 2,5 years ago, able to restore the relative peace in North America. She then mentions development technology grows very rapidly with him in the helm, and amazingly he also endorses entertainment personally with his fortune.



    "It is amazing that someone who served the military more than well in the hours of need like you, personally helping in the entertainment industry."

    "It's not something grand. I simply enjoy the show you people in this industry works hard to make, and how transparent the news you cover. I, like any other watchers, simply wanted to give my support to something that I enjoy."

    "And we can't thanks everyone enough for that."

    Kenshin, perhaps not very interested with the show, wanders out of the room. She seems has something in mind, as there is a sign of uneasiness she has about the place. Perhaps it can be said it is an instinct or her experience as a commander makes her very wary about her surrounding. Either way, she decided to approach Priest Juan, who currently watching the very same news with Alejandro.

    As the interview with Leader continues, a question and answer segment is opened. There are many questions sent to him, like the next technology developments and plans on strengthening their national defense. He answers each of them skillfully and satisfyingly like the competent man befitting of his seat. But then... there is a question that pierces everyone in the room, and everyone watching the broadcast.

    A Latin man, brave himself to ask something controversial in the middle of Leader supporters.

    "As a citizen of SFA, I can't thank you enough for your effort to protect us. But if I may introduce myself, my name is Pablo. As you can see from my name, facial structure and skin tone, while I no longer have an accent, I am a South American --- a Brazillian by blood. My grandfather decided to migrate legally to NY City right after World War II, as he volunteered to the US army to fight against Nazi Germany because he believes in human right and justice. We now own a humble bakery.

    "But my other family, whom I keep contact with them before the war broke, is now gone missing and uncontactable. I can't help but worry about what happened to them right now, as Brazil is now under the siege of war machines. What I ask now is not about the tactical move, but a moral and very personal one."

    The interviewer listening to this feels it will drive Leader into the corner and started to give a sign to stop the broadcast. However, Leader unexpectedly says: "Please continue."

    "Thank you, sir. As the current state of El-Dorado force, let alone resisting, they do not even have a proper soldier in the first place. What are you doing right now is terrorizing civilians, something we have been fighting with all of our might before this global war broke. I feel that we are going far from the original American ideal that is 'all men are created equal.' Yes, I admit that I'm asking this because I fear my family's safety more than anything else. But just like everyone else here who wanted to protect their family from this war, so do I--! The thought that a barrel of a heartless, murder machine pointed on my sole sister, brothers, and nephews, I just can't--------!!!"

    He unable to hold his composure even further as he falls to his knee and tears start flowing in his eyes. The sight of a family man broke down to move the heart of the others, as they are helping him to stand by shouldering him.

    "Mr. Pablo, was it? And your grandfather served the volunteer force during WW II. At that time, your grandfather already chooses something he believes to be important over another.

    "I can't fool myself that what I did is just, even we were being attacked first, it's still a heartless act, to do what something can be considered enslaving people under machines custody. A clear departure from the freedom we supposed to uphold. But I can say the same about the other Factions too, regardless they are winning or losing.

    "A soldier, the moment he decided to point their gun to someone else, already chose to sacrifice his enemy for the sake of what he believes is right. Just like your grandfather, who decided to pursue a life in New York, as he concludes that he can't prosper in his motherland.

    "I simply can't, as a human being, to protect everything. But I can choose to protect what is important to me, that is my people in SFA, whom I love more than anything else walk in this Earth. An ideal is nothing but empty words if it can't be implemented; if it is unable to protect those who believe in that ideal. With how human's prosperity dependant on other people hard works, it is inevitable that others will be much miserable than the others. My choice is to protect my people or allow my enemy to stomp free, and I choose the former."

    After saying that, instead of facing to Pablo, he looks to the camera, as if talking to someone else, to me. And he made it clear by transmitting it using Bell's Noble Phantasm.



    "Child, the path of a responsibility bearer is not an easy one, and sometimes we don't have the choice but to walk on that path. To be a judge that decides over what is wrong and what is right, to choose one over another, it is something that you will have to face regardless of who you are."

    After that, the interview ended. The man named Pablo at the end unable to choose what he should do. And the Leader assures him that is not something he can answer on the spot, but it is also not something he can continue to linger on.

    And that last words, a responsibility bearer, the sole Master that caused this to happen. He asked me to choose something over another, he declares no path leads to everyone's prosperity, and prosperity can only be achieved by leading others into ruin.

    Then, seeing it ended Kenshin poke the Priest's shoulder and gives a hand gesture to him. He immediately understood that Kenshin wants a private and serious discussion with him. He decided to discuss this outside of the church, not wanting Alejandro and the others know what they are currently discussing.



    "I take it you understand what I wanted to talk about, right?"

    "Yes. Please leave the others out of this, I don't want to broke their heart."

    "El-Dorado, you know where they are, am I wrong? And the reason you wanted to talk with us is not simply because of your obligation as a Priest of the Church. But also you have something concerning about them."

    "If you already understand to that extent then, please, ally yourself with El-Dorado."

    "So if I agree to you right now, El-Dorado will somehow be informed about it? And I take it that's mean we make enemies with SFA if we doing so."

    "Yes."

    But before she can finish the discussion, suddenly the earth shakes and the church starts to crumble. No, the church started to crack as there are another building insides it and displaced our current one. Thinking this is an ordinary earthquake, we decided to evacuate to the outside. "...!"

    We see majestically that the old church explodes as a very fancy looking one raise in its place. Not only the church but the surrounding too, changes. The trees suddenly sprouts, the ground raises as it is no longer a flat wasteland, buildings appear from thin air, and there is the Sacsayhuaman Complex stood on the hill not far from our place.

    The wasteland scenery broke like countless glass as if the sky has fallen.

    And at that moment, I know who is to blame.

    "GOD! This is your doing right, Magellan?!"


    ***


    After an hour of thinking and flip-flopping, Magellan finally braves herself for a decision. In front of her is the point where the mana flowing from the leyline being cut off, as it is the most suspicious and physically impossible phenomenon.

    "You see... I have been thinking the moment you said bias and stuff. Perhaps it is not they are lying about it, but they simply jump to the obvious conclusion."





    "What do you mean by the obvious?"


    "When you see something like a laser beam and the land completely gone after it, obviously you will assume the blast destroyed the land, right? But what if, it's not it? What if the reason why it's gone has nothing to do with the laser beam?


    "Come to think of it. Among all the Factions, only El-Dorado has the odd names out."


    The spy originally didn't catch on what Magellan talking about, as El-Dorado sounds like a reasonable Faction name for something located in the South. But they decided to play along and recount the meaning of each Factions.

    New Japan, symbolizing the rebirth of the Japanese military.
    Phoenix Empire, symbolizing the bird army they employ and the resurrection ability their leader has.
    Maritime Alliance, named such because it is the fusion of maritime Asia as a Faction.
    European Confederation, named such because it is the fusion of European as a Faction.
    Avalon Britain, symbolizing their impenetrable defense and unreachable land like Avalon from the tale of King Arthur.
    Sultanate, named such from many sultanates during the golden age of Middle East.
    Liberation Army, because they want to liberate their land from a traitorous Servant.
    Shangri-La, a fitting name for the land where there is no conflict happens.
    Scientific Frontier of America, a fitting name for the Faction that employs futuristic machines as their vanguard.
    El-Dorado, a fitting name for a Faction that no longer there and lost.


    "Wait... Why only El-Dorado has an unfortunate name? Its name only meaningful after they were gone. As if they mock their own selves..."


    "Now, I was thinking. What if it was never meant to be unfortunate, what if they already intended to be gone? It's not a lost Faction, but a Faction that hides from others to see. And I suspect, they have never been move an inch from this place."

    Magellan straightens her arm forward, and the whole view in front of her become a crack of glass.

    "It's not like the leyline being cut off, but the place it is supposed to flow disappeared from human perception. It is the same thing with New Japan's Bounded Field to conceal their base, but this time is much grander in scale."



    "An unobservable region... displaced from our history...! A Singularity... amazing...! No, it's more like, that ability of yours is plain cheating!"




    Magellan then gives a cocky smile and push her hard slightly, collapsing everything back into the real world. Everything that El-Dorado has planned, whatever it is, all ruined with a single push of an explorer.

    As if twisted by fate, as if history itself mocking them, a conquistador of all people will once again brings grim to the undiscovered land.

    "Now,
    Estrecho de Todos Los Santos
    Circumnavigation of The World
    ! Open the strait to the new world!"

    El-Dorado Base

    You has reached a Checkpoint.


    Choice!
    You have a night to spend, who do you want to hang out with?

    [1] Assassin
    [2] Kenshin
    [3] Bell
    [4] Those El-Dorado guys
    [5] Nah, let me rest.
    Last edited by Spartacus; August 15th, 2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: The come to think of it talk is supposed to be Maggelan's dialogue, not the spy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •