Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

Blog Entries
    Eagerly awaiting Tsukihime 2
    Ahahahahaha.

@ Animes: The TV anime... eh. It's a decent adaptation of the Fate route, but when you've already read the LN, it's only worth watching for the fights. The same very much for the UBW movie: watch for the eye candy, but it sucks otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petalferrous View Post
    Still trying to figure out how to get my hands on Notes
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...on-by-Evospace
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Ahahahahaha.
    someday...someday...

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like how the vast majority of posters didn't come across the FSN VN first but by some other tertiary material. Not that I blame them of course. FSN is a pretty old series...

I personally came across FSN because I was writing about Kuuderes and Tsunderes in another piece of fiction and used TV Tropes as reference. And... well... There was that cute twin-tailed girl blushing on the main page.

Also: There's something about the art style that's really appealing. Not as old as the "really" old mangas which were too detailed or oddly morphed like Hellsing Ultimate or Death Note. Full Metal Panic had a similar design style I liked as well though I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Heh, Its better than learning about FSN through a bunch of poker cards. :3

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    I personally came across FSN because I was writing about Kuuderes and Tsunderes in another piece of fiction and used TV Tropes as reference. And... well... There was that cute twin-tailed girl blushing on the main page.
    Was it Kagami from Lucky Star? I bet it was Kagami.

/jk
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by Ruca_Milda View Post
    Was it Kagami from Lucky Star? I bet it was Kagami.
    It must be her!

Ehh I got into TM because of the FSN anime. Not a very respectable way of entering the nasuverse, but hey well, it was a start . And if it led me to enjoy the rest of it, meesa have no regrets~

After the anime, i went on to the FN, then Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Melty Blood, Fate/Zero and the rest they say, is history

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    My friend on a site wouldn't stop talking about the Fate series, though at the time, it was just Fate/Stay Night, don't think Zero was out at the time. Eventually, due to him, I looked into it and watched the anime. That's really about all I've done so far. Did read the novel for a bit, but the fourth one wasn't translated when I started, and now the anime is out, so not in any rush.

Inactive
    JP Friend Code
    Archetype / 635,256,741
    Since I don't watch (or rather, I didn't watched) anime I got into the Nasuverse from Tsukihime (VN) , then I've read Fate/Stay Night , Kagetsu Tohya and Plus-Disc, Fate/Zero, Notes and Kara no Kyoukai.
    Currently I'm watching Fate/Zero and Carnival Phantasm (they are the first anime that I watch in 6 years or so, lol).

Blog Entries
    Heard some buddies on skype talk about Visual Novels in general.
    My buddy, who I call the Pirate King... introduced my naive mind to torrenting (Also him feeding a precomplete patch version once in a while causing out comps to be on for a day or so...)
    And the first two Visual Novels he gave me were Shuffle! and Fate/Stay Night after looking at the stories I wanted to try them.
    And then I became somewhat of an otaku.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Indeed; in the Lucky Star OVA, Kagami dressed up as Rin. 'Twas lovely.

Against all logic, I really like Lucky Star.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I don't like Lucky Star. (The OVA was great though)

But I do love Lucky Channel.

Let's see...The details are kind of blurry since I don't remember everything, but it happened after I watched the FSN anime, and as per my habit to look up everything on wikipedia, I found out it had a visual novel. Since I was already big on visual novels during that time, I downloaded it and many others. (I'm not even gonna try to hide the fact I downloaded it. Probably around half of the forum did so too)
    I found the English translation and installed it, although it took me a while to finally start reading since I was reading other visual novels as well. When I did get to read it I was not disappointed. I then got my hands on Tsukihime (Which wasn't as good as FSN in my mind but I guess that is because it was older) and then finally on Melty Blood.
    I let go of the Nasuverse for a while as per my habit of changing my main fandom constantly (Went from TYPE MOON to Pokemon to Eien no Aselia to Yume Miru Kusuri etc.), and I actually only got back to the Nasu fandom recently. Since then I've stayed here since not only are the stories themselves good, but I generally like stories with a lot of philosophy behind them more, which is why FSN is currently my number 1 series.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wait, YMK has a "fandom"? It's one VN with 5 characters or so.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Not a fandom per say, but it was a story that I focused on for a while before moving on to another one.

With me it all started when I was browsing TV Tropes for too long, as so often, and somehow followed a link to the Tsukihime LP. Cue immediate fandom. That stayed the only Type-Moon story I was into for a while, till Fate Zero came out and I saw "Type-Moon" and the connection to something called "Fate/Stay Night", which I'd been just barely aware of before. But at that point, it was "another thing made by the people who made Tsukihime", so it had to be awesome or at least entertaining. So another run to a LP, and of course I was hooked all over again; in time the assorted anime publications (too bad there wasn't a Tsukihime anime), and now Fate Extra etc etc.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MBAC, MBAA, Watching some Tsukihime images and watching Fate Images before the anime, Fate/Coliseum (And UPPER) , the movie, Carnival Phantasm and Fate/Zero

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Playing Melty Blood on a library computer and watching the Fate anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle telesbleach's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I start with F/SN anime, but didn't watch til the end off the show, then i heard that they would make a F/Z anime, so i decide to finish the F/SN anime and then watch F/Z.
    while i was watching F/Z, i start to play the VN off F/SN, and when i see, after less them 3 months, i have go trough every work from type-moon. XD
    Now I'm Waiting for Mahoyo, Girls Work, Tsukihime remake and tsukihime 2 like everyone else here. lol