Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was pretty much by chance I got into Type-Moon, nevermind being on this board. It all started with the Tsukihime anime... and Aoko. I got curious, so I searched about Aoko and Tsukihime and by chance I entered the Moonlit Garden on Google. Then I checked out the link to Beast's Lair and the rest is history.

Can you believe the anime showed Type-Moon to a guy like me?
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    No fair, Barg! I wanted to start this thread! Buuu....

Anyway:
    To start off, I first saw pictures and video footage of Melty Blood after I did some research on doujin games. One of these prominently featured Sion, and I decided that I liked her character design a lot - purple and thigh highs and a military-style beret...HNNNGGGHH.

I blame SRW for making me aware of T-M's works, really.

But, what really got me into Type-MOON was actually the Tsukihime anime. Prior to that, I found out that Melty Blood was not the only project made by the company, so I decided to immerse myself in the "Nasuverse". I watched the Tsukihime anime, followed by the Fate/stay night anime (several characters from which both grew on me immensely... ), which I both enjoyed very much.

Then I played the games...
    Suffice to say they blew my expectations and prior knowledge out of the water, and I was hooked ever after that. Although the adaptations will always have a place in my heart, because of the nostalgia...

There you go, the gripping tale of how IRUn's love affair with Type-MOON began.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; September 3rd, 2012 at 01:59 AM.

Hmmmm. How did I get into Nasuverse?

I don't remember exactly why I was doing it(I was probably looking for music by Janne Da Arc), but I was surfing Youtube one day and I came across an AMV of Melty Blood Re:Act. I watched it thinking it was some anime amv or something and found out that it was a game. Loved it, wanted to play it, but couldn't get my hands on it.

This was like five years ago, maybe.

So I did research on the game and found out about the VN. Surprisingly, I was able to get my hands on that and I sort of dived into Nasuverse from there.
    Member of S.A.B.R.
    "Bonds are ties to each other. I don't think little of that. But the futures we're meant to walk won't come to us with bonds alone. You're responsible for living your own life. That applies even now. We're simply walking on the next stage, is all." - Fudo Yusei

Ginger Magus
    A long time ago, when I was still reading Fairy Tail manga, a new chapter came out. When I read comments about it, I noticed someone saying, "That was totally ripped off from Gilgamesh." That comment was referring to this picture:

Since I have a certain need to see all the originals of everything, I looked it up and found that he meant Gilgamesh from Fate/stay night. After finishing the anime, I didn't really think anything special about it and quickly forgot about it. A few years later, while browsing TV Tropes, I found something referring to a part of Fate/stay night that I had not seen in the anime. After becoming confused about that, I found out about its visual novel.

After playing that, my mind was blown away, and rest is history.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    I started on the FSN anime. I was aware of the game but since I couldn't get it to properly work for years I had to use the anime and some translated material.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Friend told me about a Guitar Angel that couldn't play guitar because it wasn't tuned properly. And somehow it that is associated with a post-apocalyptic world and a dude who had a sword that just got really big by draining the life force of the planet until it was big enough to cut whatever it was being used against. I thought it sounded hilariously bad, so decided to give it a spin. Turns out it was actually awesome. Then the Tsukihime anime came out. Then there was no Tsukihime anime.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar

This cute picture got me into Type-Moon.

I read Song of Saya and decided I liked Visual Novels. Found a list of recommended ones and I thought that Fate/Stay Night looked cool. Little did I know that it would be no were near as short as Saya was...

MUGEN for me as well. After seeing Guile get destroyed by a character called "Seventh Heaven Ciel," I had to find out who this was. This lead me to Curry-sensei, who in turn lead me to the wiki article about a story where some anemic glasses dude kills things by tracing lines, which lead me to the [ERROR DOES NOT EXIST] anime. Long story short, I found this place.

Wanted to try out a real visual novel and saw Fate was rated and voted the best. I played it. The rest is history.
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

Like a few others, my first experience was with the Fate anime. Then I thought, Hmm, this is interesting, and went looking for more info. This led to me "discovering" the VN, which led to everything else.

Blog Entries
    Hrm...

IIRC, I first heard of and then played Tsukihime, followed by Kagetsu Tohya. Enjoyed them both immensely, and have started playing F/SN recently.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Eh. I'd heard meme chatter, skimmed a few crossover drabbles, seen a few amazing bits of fanart over the years...Eventually, a sort of pseudo-awareness built up, and one day a crossover snippet was the straw that broke the camel of curiosity's back in '09.

I blazed through TVTropes, an online stream of a couple episodes, and a half-dozen crossover novels loaded with shout-outs, references, and explanatory info-dumps in about a week.

Then I grabbed links and filters, went through about ~5 Million words of high-end snippets and character pieces to test my acquired codex, and I was hooked from there-on.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I found years, and years ago, Ciel for Mugen, and played her a while. After that, my laptop that I had it on died, and I forgot about the series as a whole until I ran into Gabriel Blessing on Fanfiction.net. This dragged me towards Fate/Stay Night's anime, then to Tsukihime, then to the visual novel for Fate/Stay Night, which I'm playing right now, out of sheer curiousity about the series as a whole, and with my reading addiction, it's been interesting.

Banned
    Probably the first released of tsukihime VN.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everything started when a friend lent me a dvd and said: "I'm sure you'll like Fate/ Stay Night..."
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Everything is Nobu's fault. King Rorthur's Avatar
    Had a friend that wouldn't stop talking about FSN...On my end I decided to read Tsukihime before he did and liked it better than FSN (I know blasphemy).

I am the herp of my derp. Hurr is my body and durr is my blood. I have created over a thousand derps unknown to durps nor known to hurps
    have withstood durrs to create many derps yet, those hurrs will never herp anything so, as I pray, Unlimited Derp Works
    ~
    Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Luck, mostly, and TVtropes. Read a bit about Tsukihime and decided to go track it down and try it. Liked it, and did the same with Fate afterwards. I've yet to actually finish either of them, though, but at least I got a couple routes done

I first saw the Tsukihime anime on animax-LA, then began looking into its background and found out that it was based on a visual novel, and that when it all started.

i was bored one day and asked my friend what he was doing. he told me he was watching f/sn anime, so i looked into it.
    this, in turn, introduced me to visual novels in general. i read fate, tsukihime, kagetsu, etc.

i was so sad when i ran out of things to read ;_;