Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

UBW anime

wasn't really interested in that kind of stuff when Zero was airing and only casually following the big shounen of my childhood, and I have no friends in real life who are really into that kind of stuff so there was no chance of getting a recommendation or something like that

was on another forum, saw a section of an anime that started airing that season, watched the first episode

and now hundreds of hours of obsession later: here I am
    Last edited by Prinz; July 23rd, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

「❛英雄王!ໃNiĝmαh✧Ursαĝ .、──── ☀๖」 Mr. G's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've got into TYPE-MOON because of Fate/ Stay Night's VN shortly after its release. Then I started role-playing Gilgamesh in some social groups (Orkut, Yoble, The Fake and others) after falling in love with the character and still be my favorite. Beyond Fate, I became involved with Tsukihime (Arcueid and Shiki), Kara no Kyokai (R-Shiki), Canaan and consequently all the works of TM. Today I'm a fan who has almost all the material available. I see the TM with an enchanted air, I like everything about it. I do not limit myself to consider Fate as my favorite work, since I see that every work of TYPE-MOON has its value, and I look forward to see how the universe will be directed to Notes.

About Mahoyo, particularly speaking, I'm very interested to see how it would be if they put the same quality (or better) on the story about Types and the struggle between Brunestud and Zelretch.

Currently reading Strange Fake (REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO IS THAT BADASS TRUE ACHA), awaiting the release of Grand Order, Tsukihime Re and Mahoyo sequence.

I am a little shy, but one who likes to interact with others. I tend to be formal to avoid the appearance of being disrespectful. Just explaining. Well, usually have many questions. I intend to address them here.

My interest here is to seek discussions with more content and interact with other people who really know about TYPE-MOON, rather than continue listening to things like "Waaa, she's a woman, should be weak for being a woman!"

That's it!
    我に慢心を捨てろときたかつくづく厚顔なマスターよな
    ▬▬──────────
    ──────────▬▬
    貴様には地の理では生温い。天の理を示してやる。さあ 死に物狂いで耐えるがよい、不敬
     死して拝せよ! 『天地乖離す開闢の星エヌマ・エリシュ』!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Beata's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    989,801,787 | Ilias
    Nice to meet y'all! Just joined the site.

I had just gotten interested in visual novels about a year ago, now, beginning with Umineko; after a few others, I eventually ordered the F/SN and HA combo. Finished F/SN near February and am waiting on the voice patch to tackle F/HA.

F/SN was a bundle of fun. I'll branch out to more Type Moon works once my Japanese gets up to par (still beginner at the moment), and after F/HA is done and read.

This place is fantastic. I'm surprised for the incredible quantity of people in this site. Nice to meet you all! . I dont know if this the post of presentation but im here.

Now... The reason for i met Typemoon is beacuse i see the FSN anime by the recommendation of a friend. At first I did not like at all, but that friend showed me the visual novel of Fate and i loved it . The deep of the history it was so amazing. Then i looked for myself and i met an incredible universe.

This forum is exactly what i wanted. See you out there guys!

PD: Sorry for my bad english, I still learning ;D

https://youtu.be/W3KYx1WDqBw Raylen Cypher's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ask in PM.
    Blog Entries
    Hello, my name is Raylen Cypher, nice to meet you. I'm new and this will be my first post since I thought this will be the best place to start. I'm also still familiarizing myself with the way this forum bulletin board system works (customizing font, color, pretty pictures, etc.) but anyways here's my story:

Like everyone else, the Deen Anime of F/SN was the first step into the Type-Moon franchise. I watched the first episode dubbed on youtube but couldn't find anymore in English. So I shrugged and moved along with watching the internet as an observer (but I guess people call someone like me 'lurker'). As I was searching for new things to watch, I stumbled upon a Let's Play of Fate/Extra. I watched the entire playthrough and I loved it. I guess F/E was my first experience of Type-Moon so it holds a place dear to my heart (I wish they localized Fate/Extra CCC in English already). And after that, I went looking up the original F/SN visual novel to see if it was good. So I ended up spoiling myself of all 3 routes by reading up on characters.

The next tour of my journey was looking for a Let's Play of the original visual novel. Luckily I found an entire archive of the VN along with Tsukihime (never read that and still haven't) on XerBlade's youtube channel. I watched/read the Fate route up until the point where Saber made the 8th servant go away and stopped. I took a break and watched Fate/Zero and afterwards returned to read the rest of the VN. Sadly, for whatever reason XerBlade deleted the entire archive of the visual novel, so I never got to finish it. Woe is me.

After that, I heard news of a remake of F/SN by Ufotable who made F/Z as well and waited until that came out. I didn't mind that it adapted the 2nd route but I was still disappointed I didn't finish the Fate route at least. The remake started airing and I loved every episode that came out and read the reviews on ANN and watched the forums discuss things.

This is where things got... messy...

Rather than a discussion about the anime, the entire forum descended into a back and forth argument about sexism and then faithfulness to the VN, and then lastly the argument about Shirou and his ideal. It was madness, I really dislike conflict so I was waiting for the whole thing to blow over but it never really did. Then I heard about the Type-Moon fans, or Type-Lunatics that they called some, had a community site called Beast's Lair. I didn't check this place out right away but the final push was yet another heated discussion about F/Z. The argument was between one of the Mods and someone from this place who I recognized as one of the well known members (shoutout and hello to I3uster) discussing Kirei's nature.

Finally, I followed the trail after that debate was over and came to this site. First thing I did was hit up the fanfic section to see what kind of stories the community wrote. I saw Chaos Theory by Moczo and read it originally on FF.net and finished it up to Ch. 26. I saw that he made a note that BL (that's a bad acronym btw) didn't like the chapter. I come back here and check out other fanfics and saw the NSFW section. I clicked it open and... I saw lemons. I didn't know what the term meant at the time but I was confused, "What... do they literally write erotica on lemons?". Curious, I read every single one. Needless to say, there was no "actual" lemons (god did I feel stupid...). Then I noticed a lot of were written by Arashi_Leonhart and I decided to read Fate/Far Away. After that, I became a fan of his work and he did write some really good erotica. Seeing him and Moczo write such awesome written works inspired me to one day write my own.

And... now to wrap-up, I registered and am now part of the community. I look forward to meeting new friends and to write my own Fate/ fanfiction. So, thanks for reading this long post and have a great day.

FSN '06 is one of the first 20 or so anime I watched back in 2011. When I finished it I was pretty much like "where has this been my whole life." I watched Zero and started reading Fate a couple of years later and read it off and on until I got hooked towards the end of UBW and the entirety of HF which I finished back in December, and I recently finished FHA a couple of months ago.

I think it's Tsukihime anime, but it didn't leave me a fantastic impression, the mood was fabulous (and is still very good, very similar to KnK movie), the opening was fabulous but it was to slow and Shiki chara design was horrible.

I was not aware it was TypeMoon...

My real entry in TypeMoon world was Fate 2006 anime during its diffusion, It was my favorite anime of the year (I loved it better than Kanon, Higurashi, Utwarerumono and Haruhi) and its still into my 5 favorite anime (I prefer fate 2006 to Ufotable adaptation, I am not very fond of Ufotable works)

I made an the story of big internet roleplay who was played during 3 years based on Fate, read Tsukihime manga, Played Tsukihime VN (with anime music however), kagetsu tohya, meltyblood made a pretty long reallif roleplay campaign making a sequel to FSN 10 years later and finishing being Tsukihime 2 storyline.
    I even made a VN demo telling an alternate version of Tsukihime with Arihiko as main character who was Translated in the old beast lair in 2008

Well, what got me into the nasuverse was tv tropes, really.

I used to search around a lot of RPG tropes, and i saw a lot of times Fate/Stay Night getting mentioned, so i eventually clicked on the fsn tv tropes page, at first i was like "an eroge?! Seriously?" And closed it without really reading any more.
    Then, looking around psp games i got fate/unlimited codes for giggles, and i was fascinated by the characters and the atmosphere, so then i started reading more and more about the series, and i read the fate route on vnds, then i saw fate/zero anime and i fell in love with basically everything.

I'm more of a fate fan than an overall nasuverse fan, however.

I am still naive and green about Type-moon material, but a very close friend (Cyber Angel) has been introduced me into the fate material, starting with the UBW animes as it was airing, other "older" animes and started playing the phone game recently. I am going to start the fate visual novel soon too. I know Type-moon is a lot bigger than just Fate but I am really like the setting of this a lot, and I am curious about where this will lead me to.

Remeber that Tsukihime Lunar Ledgend anime -caugh-(that never happen) -caugh- was my first exposure to TM works. However, it would not be untill I watched the UBW movie in 2010 that I began my journey into the Nasuverse.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Tsukihime Lunar Legend anime -cough-(that never happen) -cough-
    It exists. It happened. JC Staff animated it.

OST was the only redeeming quality.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    The Kara no Kyoukai films were my first introduction to TM. I watched them on some awful 240p streaming website because I didn't know any better back then; even so, they certainly made an impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    It exists. It happened. JC Staff animated it.

OST was the only redeeming quality.
    Itou Shizuka (Akiha) and Nabatame Hitomi (Arcueid) were also positive aspects.

I also think the Shingetsutan Arc, although not as cute as the VN or manga versions, had a certain stern allure.

Last edited by Highwayman; August 26th, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Itou Shizuka (Akiha) and Nabatame Hitomi (Arcueid) were also positive aspects.

I also think the Shingetsutan Arc, although not as cute as the VN or manga versions, had a certain stern allure.
    I'm really hoping for a new anime to come out.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Well I deemed it time to stop lurking for the whole 10-15 minutes I visited without realizing I'm gonna love this place *As long as no one takes my ring or stuff..* But beyond that I got into Type-Moon through a friend who's dead to me now by watching Fate/Zero....Ah that glorious man and his glorious everything.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    I got in by DEEN's Fate/Stay Night. I watched Tsukihime Lunar Legend, but found it... rejecting. It actually caused me to go for Melty Blood to relieve some stress from watching. Then, after three years I played F/SN VN and was like 'Why I didn't do that sooner?'. Tsukihime VN was pretty late in comparison. I guess Kara no Kyoukai was also my kinda favorite when I finally watched it. Watched Fate/Zero and first Prisma Ilya. Zero is now my favorite Type-Moon thing. And Prisma Ilya first season... I think they animated it for that Saber Alter fight. It was literally highlight and best episode of the anime.

If it comes to fanfiction side of the things... From Fake Dreams. Back then it was like 23 chapters and still somewhat good. Now, that I look at people's reactions to it, it seems to have taken a nosedive. Still, I can freely acknowledge author had a few interesting ideas.

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omida View Post
    I got in by DEEN's Fate/Stay Night. I watched Tsukihime Lunar Legend, but found it... rejecting. It actually caused me to go for Melty Blood to relieve some stress from watching. Then, after three years I played F/SN VN and was like 'Why I didn't do that sooner?'. Tsukihime VN was pretty late in comparison. I guess Kara no Kyoukai was also my kinda favorite when I finally watched it. Watched Fate/Zero and first Prisma Ilya. Zero is now my favorite Type-Moon thing. And Prisma Ilya first season... I think they animated it for that Saber Alter fight. It was literally highlight and best episode of the anime.

If it comes to fanfiction side of the things... From Fake Dreams. Back then it was like 23 chapters and still somewhat good. Now, that I look at people's reactions to it, it seems to have taken a nosedive. Still, I can freely acknowledge author had a few interesting ideas.
    I must ask is this a translated F/SN VN? Because I've for the longest time always wanted to play it but I never found out how..Never heard of this fanfic I may pick it up just to see what you mean.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Yeah, there should be somewhere on the interned F/SN translated by Mirror Moon.

As for the From Fake Dreams... It appears that, at least on Beast's Lair, it has terrible reputation, but I think at least twenty chapters would be good if you aren't pushy about things (I think beginning of Grail War was where the fic became worse, but until then it's rather enjoyable). You can always read a few chapters and decide if you want to go further.

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there should be somewhere on the interned F/SN translated by Mirror Moon.

As for the From Fake Dreams... It appears that, at least on Beast's Lair, it has terrible reputation, but I think at least twenty chapters would be good if you aren't pushy about things (I think beginning of Grail War was where the fic became worse, but until then it's rather enjoyable). You can always read a few chapters and decide if you want to go further.
    My thanks now I must go further for my indulgence of Type-Moon content to the greatest ambition of all..To Grand Order!

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)

I started just like you. F/SN and UBW by Deen ->
    Shingetsutan Tsukihime
    nonexistent anime
    . That's how I get into TM franchise.
    Then I got interested by alternative endings, so I played F/SN VN (my first VN ever, I wasn't interested before). Obviously afterwards I read Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Plus-Disc, MB and so on, watched KnK, played F/UC and Extra.

I still have to watch CP, F/Z, Prisma, the new F/UBW by Ufo and other new animations/OVAs, start F/HA (but probably I won't cuz I'll be waiting for voice patch, so another 5 years? or at least after the patch is polished? idk). Maybe I should read KnK LN (but I heard that there is no decent translation, because cokesakto) and other TM related LN. And manga. And wait for translation of untranslated games / learn the language.

I'm very, veeery behind, am I? But that's how I do things with anime/manga etc. Almost like waiting for wine to be older. Bad habit.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Blog Entries
    Prisma isn't a necessity at all. Carnival Phantasm isn't either. (Just fun) Read KnK anyway. DDD if you feel like it.

There's a Vita version of HA voiced. Only available in japanese so you'll have to wait for someone to add those to a patch.