Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 333841424344454853 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

US Friend Code
    Deen's FSN is where i started a few years ago, really enjoyed it and it left me wanting more, leading me to watch the likes of Zero/KNK/Kaleid all of which i enjoyed.
    I then learned about the FSN VN and how there where 3 different routes, not having access to the VN i ended up reading the wikis which in turn lead me to learning about the different series in the nasuverse (at this point i was hooked and didn't care about spoilers).
    About a month ago i found this site and have been using it to keep up to date with type moon content.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome!
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

only watch UBW and FSN

DEEN UBW was the first TM stuff I watched but it did not get me interested in exploring any further. Fate/Zero LN was the work that got me into TM full time.
    Ryougi can kill servants and Nasu doesn't know what he is talking.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Tsukihime...

Blog Entries
    I got with the Zero anime, a few months after it came out. Then, I watched the DEEN anime and remained an anime-only casual for the longest time, despite having fallen in love with the universe through Zero. I eventually decided to learn everything I could on the TM wiki, and that led me to other works like Tsukihime and Apocrypha. I was quite hyped for ufo's UBW, and it delivered, though I felt it lacked exposition regarding the universe (I think that's called world-building?)

I eventually found the VN (technically, someone found it for me) on lparchive and went through all 3 routes there. I'm also reading Tsukihime and finishing KnK these days. I joined BL to perfect my TM knowledge through observation and questionning.

I was looking forward for Grand Order until I saw that most female Servants were designed to be curvy waifus. I still played a few weeks before giving in to character designs (I'm looking at you, Boudica) and the hours of grinding.
    Last edited by Washada; April 21st, 2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    marie antoinette is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with the nasuverse

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Scientifically, it is impossible to throw a rock at someone, say something in German, and have it explode.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Don't step on the Saber, wild squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I've learned from a certain Jedi master that when you got the high ground, you automatically win.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    See, I'd say that the absolutely worst thing about "Prisma Illya" is exactly the sexualisation of children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Open your mind. There are many paths in front of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    "I was under the influence of having a gun to shoot somebody."

I read about Fate/Stay Night on the internet several years ago. I then began the eventual transformation into a massive Nasuverse fan.

I was somewhat interested in the characters from Tsukihime in Melty Blood. When I heard it was based on a Visual Novel (I never knew there was a visual novel genre at the time), I decided to give it a go. I really enjoyed my time reading it, along with Kagetsu Tohya. So I decided to see if Type Moon had more works that I could look at/read, and I came across the Kara no Kyoukai movie series. Once I finished watching the series, I became a Type Moon fan. However, I didn't really get into Fate until Fate/Zero came out. Currently, I'm reading through the VN (I'm almost finished with Fate Route).

Veggie of Promised Victory Turnip's Avatar
    I saw a picture of Arturia on some anime site, loved her design, and decided to give the DEEN FSN anime a try. I fell in love with the concept and read the VN soon after, to get the whole experience. I ended up following Type Moon closely after that and I read Tsukihime, then after THAT would be Fate/Zero and the Kara no Kyoukai movies. I think the coolest thing that's happened to me so far is that I was able to attend the Fate panel at AX last year, which was definitely a great experience.

I started with the DEEN anime around 2007, so that makes it almost 10 years since I've been into Type Moon...! And Arturia's still my favorite after all these years too, so that's something.

Ginger Magus
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
    I saw a picture of Arturia on some anime site, loved her design, and decided to give the DEEN FSN anime a try. I fell in love with the concept and read the VN soon after, to get the whole experience. I ended up following Type Moon closely after that and I read Tsukihime, then after THAT would be Fate/Zero and the Kara no Kyoukai movies. I think the coolest thing that's happened to me so far is that I was able to attend the Fate panel at AX last year, which was definitely a great experience.

I started with the DEEN anime around 2007, so that makes it almost 10 years since I've been into Type Moon...! And Arturia's still my favorite after all these years too, so that's something.
    DEEN's anime is 10 years ald? Geez, I feel old. Perhaps I should shave my beard in order to feel young again.

Perseus's Love Perseus/Cu Fangirl's Avatar
    I wish i could play i was Hoping Perseus from Fate Prototype was there.

The Fallen Child Chara Dreemurr's Avatar
    I've heard of Type-Moon and its works before. I mean, it have become one of the greatest examples of modern japanese works. But i didn't read nor view any of its work until i get really interesed because of what i've heard from it and its mythology. And with a little help, i've started reading Tsukihime.

Now i am here.

"HP. ATK. DEF. GOLD. EXP. LV. Everytime a number increases, that feeling. Thats me"

I ate some really bad cheese.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I saw ufotable's UBW, loved it a lot (fell in love with Rin almost instantly, best girl knows what's up), started watching Zero inbetween the first and second season, then dropped it at episode 9 to watch UBW's second season. The Archer and Shirou fight got seriously bogged down somewhere in there, almost made me give up on the show, then the Shirou-Gilgamesh fight inspired me enough to finish Zero (another awesome show once I gave it a chance), then watched Carnival Phantasm and wrapped it up with Fate/Kaleid Liner's first 3 seasons and the Tsukihime manga.
    Right now I'm reading the Heaven's Feel manga, the Kaleid Liner 3rei manga, and playing the visual novel- just finished the GARcher Arm Shirou vs Berserker scene (Nine Lives Blade Works), and it was awesome as all hell.
    Last edited by naschyamamoto; May 21st, 2016 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Was going on a visual novel binge and googled "Top visual novels". F/SN came up consistently, so I up and read the thing, then eventually found out about TM's other works and devoured them too.

I don't really consider it unordinary, and the rate at which I was getting into anime and the like meant I would almost certainly encounter it sooner or later.

Banned
    JP Friend Code
    It Blew Up
    Blog Entries
    Some guy sent me a Notes. tl back a few years ago on Skype. I promptly forgot about it and I actually got in through Fate, but still.

Found out about Type-Moon a couple years ago when I was first getting into anime. I didn't play Tsukihime until recently, but when I did it had instantly become my favorite visual novel of all time. My first experience with the nasuverse was watching Kara no Kyoukai because it was highly recommended by an admin on a streaming site and I didn't actually know was a Type-Moon series for a while, but I loved it so much, I wanted to learn so much more about the Type-Moon Universe, and here I am, an avid Type-Moon and nasuverse fan.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've been an anime enthusiast ever since I saw Fullmetal Alchemist (2005 ver.) but to be honest, all the merch with Saber on it kind of annoyed me for a very long time. Then one day in mid-2015, I found UBW on Netflix. I'd heard good things about it, and if I was going to be honest with myself, I was incredibly curious as to why this girl is called Saber. So I started watching, was flabbergasted and kinda thrilled that Rin was voiced by both of the same voice actors as Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue, which I also really like…

…and within an hour, I completely worshipped Rin Tohsaka.

Fast forward a few months, I was intrigued to learn that the Fateverse is just a small fragment of something called the Nasuverse, and while I was looking into this interesting new universe, I kind of leaned over too far, and so I tumbled down the rabbit hole.

I guess I'm mostly just an anime-casual fan, having watched UBW, Carnival Phantasm, and Zero in that order, but I'm currently watching KnK, and reading the Adra Castle Separation El-Melloi Case File, so as I said, fell down the rabbit hole…without a pocket watch.
    Last edited by Draconic; June 19th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    okay sean

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Heroine X View Post
    I didn't actually know was a Type-Moon series for a while, but I loved it so much,
    same
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Tsukihime.