Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3742454647484952 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

i'm not sure when but it was in the early 2000 when I was watching flash animation on the site Newsground, I don't really remember but the person made a cool story with using the Arcueid Brunestud sprite as one of the main characther of his story. In the credit i look up and find out where the sprite came from: "Melty blood" I look it up , got the game and got hook like a crazy fanboy for all type-moon stuff. I was really addicted to melty blood games for a while and my fav characther that I was best was Akiha vermillion(Red akiha). Later on I completed the Tsukihime game and watch or shall we said the tsukihime anime that don't exist(Hisui swirl fingers)

I got to notice Fate/Stay night with the artwork of the game and I kinda had a waifu crush on Sakura ^^' so also Akiha too. Back in the days i've joing a older version of the forum but it was motsly a french community of Beast lair forum, i remember participating on a servant creation contest by making a fusion of Akiha and Aoko lol.

For a while I took a break of my addiction of the type-moon universe(I was in my touhou project phase) but i still love a lots of stories they made. I got back in this universe when they brought the Fate/zero anime that i love it a lot. right now the thing I wanted to see the most is the heaven feel movies that I wanted for years to be adapted into an anime format !

beside that I'm also a big plushie addict and tries to collect as much type-moon plushe I can find

US Friend Code
    I've just joined and since I am not sure where the introductions thread is, this seems like a good place to put up a first post. Apologies if there is an actual intro thread and my noob level of forum usage failed at finding it.

I started with Deen/Stay Night as a adolescent around 2006/2007. While I found the show incoherent at times, I was quite intrigued by the setting and premise. As a curious adolescent with access to the Internet, I decided to read up on the show and thus, I learnt about the existence of the Fate franchise, Type Moon and the Nasuverse as a whole. While my interest in Type Moon related stuff has dwindled over the years and my knowledge of it may not be as much as a Type Moon veteran (since I never invested in the franchise), I still have interest in the franchise though I probably would not gush as much as I did over it like when I was younger.

At point of writing, I have read the VNs (Realta Nua and patched) and the Prisma Ilya manga (still following it), watched the Deen UBW movie, Silver Link's Prisma Ilya (all 3 seasons), Ufo's Fate/Zero (after Deen's animes though sadly not before reading the VNs) and UBW. As for Tsukihime, I never found time to get into it yet (since no anime exists after all) though I have a limited understanding of it. As for Kara no Kyoukai, I've only seen one movie and if I get the time, I would like to watch more of it.

I've also watched Carnival Phantasm (my favorite Type Moon anime) and thanks to my second-hand knowledge of the various Type Moon works (through reading up), I got most of the jokes. It deserves a season 4.

Also, I just got into Fate/Grand Order (US version). I'll probably add my friend code and fix up my profile more when I get more free time.

Quote Originally Posted by CerberusGate View Post
    I've just joined and since I am not sure where the introductions thread is, this seems like a good place to put up a first post. Apologies if there is an actual intro thread and my noob level of forum usage failed at finding it.
    There is one. http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...yourself-again
    Welcome.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Oh... oops.

Also, thank you for the welcome and link.

不死 Undead
    There once was a man who liked Fate
    We shared many a like of our traits
    We watched some blades fly
    And Kiritsugu cry
    And now for me I'm too far, too late

- - -

Jokes aside, I'm new. Got into Fate/stay night and blew through about a million and a half words worth of fanfiction the past week. I've completely the Fate route on the VN and am currently deciding on whether to play or watch UBW. HF has been spoiled for me, so I'm waiting for the trilogy.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.

I'd say both the written and animated versions of Answer (the ideological climax of UBW) are worth viewing. Ideally you'd both watch and read UBW; that being said, I really enjoyed the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

悪い シナモンロール Evilest Cinnamon Roll SaiBa's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    368 602 263
    My First encounter with Nasuverse was Fate/SN Manga that I read when I was on 1st/2nd grade middleschool (+-2008) it stoped around vol 4 or 6 though , cause of the manga stoped being released by the Local publisher .......................... few years passed got addicted to Anime in 2nd grade of Highschool ........... few years passed Again I work , work , and work........... 2013 I finaly have my own notebook I buy with my salary , I watch Fate/SN Anime (DEEN) & UBW Movie ...., Nostalgic Feeling Run through me what a wonderful story ,.... Then It goes at Jet Speed from There Fate/SN >UBW >Fate/Zero>Fate/Extra +CCC > Fate/SN (VN) >Fate /Apo (LN) ,>ETC>ETC>ETC>>>FGO>Extella , Thoose Anime,Manga,VN,LN,normal TM Games......... I read it , I watch it , I play it and here I am

Quote Originally Posted by SaiBa View Post
    My First encounter with Nasuverse was Fate/SN Manga that I read when I was on 1st/2nd grade middleschool (+-2008) it stoped around vol 4 or 6 though , cause of the manga stoped being released by the Local publisher
    Me too. My local library had the manga up to Vol 8 though.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle onepieceuc1's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    ASK MP
    I started with FSN from DEEN, but never got into this until the UBW anime came out, by that time, I was no longer a 10 years old kid and this incredible universe started to make me want to know more about it and there is still a lot of work for me to do XD

Saw a random Spanish dubbed episode of FSN ages ago, but looked generic and boring to me as a teenager. Found out about Fate Zero, was curious about its setting (Origin, Dead Apostles), so I delved into Tsuki/KnK.

Here I am now. Salutations.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    First I saw the Tsukihime anime, which turned me off the whole company for a couple years. Then I tried DEEN's Fate, which I liked enough as to look for info on more of the rest of the franchise. Didn't become an actual fan until Carnival Phantasm, though.

Melty Blood was how I got into the Nasuverse

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors 8000's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I heard Fate/Zero was good and I was interested in the verse from what I heard on other forums. Also I go to a battle forum heavy site and you need to know source material there, which is the main reason I went past the anime. At this point I'm sticking around for pure fascination.

The First Time I got into Fate was back in 2015, I just came back from Abroad and had dropped anime for a well over of 3 years. My friends insisted I should check out this new anime with its cool visuals and premise. I honestly couldn't care less for the moment though. What really piqued my interest was "There is a Hero named Gilgamesh and the Servant of the Saber Class is Arthur Pendragon" Well THAT Got my attention. I am an avid History Buff XD

So there you have it, I was baited by Fate cuz of the Historical character spin offs. I was very disappointed to see Gilgamesh a White Blonde while I expected him to be more Brown and Black Haired Gritty King who threw Weapons to pass for the Archer Class. Anyhow, My friend showed me the Last Episode of Fate / Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works the Anime that came out the same year and had finished. I liked the Animation and Art of it so I decided mhm, well what the heck I will have a look.

I never had a look xD my friend kinda force fed the issue by forcing me to watch the hour long prologue episode. After that I got really into it from the moment Archer (Now popularly known as GARCHER) and got hooked into it with each episode. Before you know it I was invested big time into anime, I finished Season 1 and told my friends I was ready to embrace Anime again xD

I finished Season 2 and went for the next installation. Popularly it was Fate Zero, everyone online wanted me to watch it while my friend's other friend who actually introduced it warned me not to. "Read the Visual Novel" heck I didn't read the VN until the end of the year when I was chased out for Spoiling Star Wars xD My friends threatened to Spoil Fate so I decided to pick up the VN and finish it.

Holy Heck

FATE ROUTE

I was already an admirer of Arthur Pendragon/ Saber in FSN . Do note I did not watch DEEN 2008 Fate Stay Night since my friend told me it was a terrible adaption where they try to cram the entire VN into 1 route rather than the 3 original so I didn't watch it.
    After Fate Route, I was in tears. The last time I cried over Fiction was when Hinata got herself handed to by Neji during the Chunin Exams in Naruto xD that was back in 2007 DECADES
    I became so emotionally invested in her and it was at this point I was officially a Nasuverse Fan.
    I finished UBW route, Enjoying the Allusion the Adaption made to the Original.
    Personally:
    SEVERE LACK OF MONOLOGUES KILLED THE ANIME ADAPTION
    Otherwise I personally liked the fact that Gilgamesh and Shirou had a Flashy Final Fight and the battle of the Emiya's was intense and Philosophical, although infinitely better in the VN in terms of explaining it was a Flashy and Entertaining sight on screen.

Moving onto the MINDFUG

Worms, Zouken, Seaweed Kun, Rider is luv, YOROKOBE SHOUNEN
    FATE HEAVENS FEEL
    BLEW
    MY
    MIND

If I wasn't already invested, Heavens feel was the final nail in the coffin. I was totally sold on anything TM spew.
    I joined Fate Grand Order a short time back when I finished Fate Route but my brick mobile wouldn't work it, It crashed everytime I fired an NP.
    (Btw Boudica was my first servant from the era where you get 1 servant roll as a starter)
    It was not until I finished Heavens feel when I grew desperate. My friend reintroduced it to me and I managed to emulate my game via Bluestacks and later MeMU
    I played on the Emulator until FGO banned them.
    Fortunately The timing was perfect, I had binded my account and I got a Phone as a Present for my Birthday, One that could handle FGO
    I invested fully into it at the time, I later dropped the JAP account for permanently moving to NA server for the Story.

I watched Fate Zero after I finished Heavens feel. It was amazing, but I do not think it is better than stay night personally. No offense
    I DO AGREE That the Anime Adaption of FSN was underwhelming compared to the masterpiece that is Fate Zero Adaption.

I watched Carnival Phantasm shortly after, I rewatched it around 30 times to this day and I can sing Super Affection by heart now xD

I found Fate Extra, Tsukhime, Kara no Kyoukai and basically the entire Nasuverse, and here I am now. 2 years in and absolutely no sign of retiring xD

Glad to be here, that was my story.

US Friend Code
    Welcome to the forum, hope you have a good time.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

My contact with Nasuverse, so to speak, was earlier this year when I spent my vacation at my aunt's house in Rio de Janeiro, the capital. I was looking at the Netflix catalog looking for an anime to watch and I came across Unlimited Blade Works. Initially I was delighted with the desgin of the characters and the next day I had completed UBW. Then I went to find out more about the franchise, since I saw Fate / Zero and I figured it was before UBW and I understood the Fate / Stay Night system.
    A while after seeing FSN 2006 and Zero, I ended up reading Heaven's Feel separately on Youtube and from then on I did not stop.
    I also watched Kara's films at the Kyoukai several times to understand the universe there, which I particularly find it harder to swallow up all at once.
    Time later, in the case, in September this year, I read Tsukihime and now I find myself reading Kagetsu Tohya. That was basically my story with Nasuverse.

死者 Corpse
    Back then, I am really interested to watch Anime that adapted from visual novel.

Few years later in 2011, I finally had a chance to play the Type-Moon game thanks to my junior.

Back in 2014, I Saw F/Z without knowing it was a prequel. The ending left me pretty disatisfied so I looked information about it. I discovered it was a prequel to a VN called F/SN. The UBW anime was airing at the time so I watched the first cour before diving into the VN. I read F/SN and I loved it, so I decided to check out the rest of Nasu's work like KnK, Tsukihime, and the Melty Blood manga. Now I'm currently reading some of the Fate spinoffs like Kaleid Liner and Fate/Strange Fake.

(A few Months Ago)
    I first encountered Type Moon while i was searching for cute Traps. (IM A CHILD I LIKE CUTE THINGS OK! Nah jk i wanted to prank a friend of mine.) After a while, i saw a pink haired guy named Astolfo i liked him and after i found out who he was and where he came from, i started to read Apocrypha because i wanted to know more about him. After i finished Apocrypha, a friend of mine, told me that Fate/Apocrypha is only a spin off of Fate/Stay Night. So i tried to watch FSN. (Ufotable UBW) I liked it so i played the VN, watched F/Z and than i started to play other TM games like Tsukihime. (Btw Now im Dead Inside and i like a pink haired happy trap boy. Safe me pls)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >dead inside
    >likes Astolfo

You'll fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3