Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 354043444546475055 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually was exposed to TM/Fate well before I had any reason to know what it was. I have always been a bit into Arthurian stuff, and I was going through a sort of... neopagan/pseudo-Celtic music phase, and there's this artist named Heather Dale who does a ton of mythologically inspired music. In looking up her music on youtube to easily show people, as we do, I found a video with one of her songs and it just had all this art slide show thing and I thought nothing of it. Then, when I got into Fate, I realized.........

Spoiler:

- - - Updated - - -

PS this was a looong time before GO and those character designs for the knights of the Round Table, so some weird casting choices.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Well by weird I just meant inaccurate and reusing very easily identifiable others.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

thats some beautiful music

Blog Entries
    Don't want to bog down the thread load for no reason so link instead of embed, but my favorite Heather Dale song is (probably/usually) "Lily Maid."

It's funny. Type Moon has made me hate Lancelot a lot more than I ever did in anything else. (Not that I loathe him just... it's made me think of him as a lot more selfish and shallow than most other stories.)

Other Links

Spoiler:

I like to think of the TM servants as their own characters , with the mythical identity as a fun fact for people like us who like history and legends. I mean , we are talking about people who turned Nero Caesar into waifu material.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Swords View Post
    It's funny. Type Moon has made me hate Lancelot a lot more than I ever did in anything else. (Not that I loathe him just... it's made me think of him as a lot more selfish and shallow than most other stories.)
    He was cool until Saberlot showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Swords View Post

To be honest it was the opposite with me really. Lancelot in other media always rubbed me the wrong way as even as he's praised at being an awesome Knight he still had his affair with Guinevere even with his loyalties with Arthur. My mental image of him was always a little to similar to Jaime Lannister, except you know, he's actually a decent person. The thing that I like with TM Lancelot though is yes he has faults, but he understands that and hates himself because of it making him such a more tragic figure. He is in all of the RT in the most need of mental help because the poor dude is just that messed up. (though to be frank, Everyone of those guys have some sort of issue or another that they should really have a sit down with a therapist)

Maybe I like him that much I can somewhat sympathize with the guy since I to understand how it feels to hate yourself for certain flaws in your character or something like that. Well thats my opinion of him I guess.

P.S. There's also the fact that he was an absolute badass in Zero and I don't care what other people think but I think scenes are the greatest and most awesome in both the anime and the light novels.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; March 16th, 2017 at 07:19 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ I'm very much the same, I hated Lancelot in Arthurian stories.

But the T-M version of him has made me appreciate him a lot more.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Well, my first taste of type moon was when I was scrolling through youtube for funny anime moments.

Then, I found a segment of carnival phantasm. I found out about fate stay night, then decided to watch it.

Never regretted the choice.

Everything is Nobu's fault. King Rorthur's Avatar
    Someone sent a copy of Tsukihime about ten years ago and being the impressionable college student, I was...I thought it was neat.

I am the herp of my derp. Hurr is my body and durr is my blood. I have created over a thousand derps unknown to durps nor known to hurps
    have withstood durrs to create many derps yet, those hurrs will never herp anything so, as I pray, Unlimited Derp Works
    ~
    Because somehow Kiritsugu managed to make GARcher look like a pussy.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    good job
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Rorthur View Post
    Someone sent a copy of Tsukihime about ten years ago and being the impressionable college student, I was...I thought it was neat.
    One time I spent so long reading Tsukihime without eating I made myself sick. Think it was the Akiha route.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle pandacmh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    9~10 years ago, was only 11-12 years old then. DEEN stay night anime was broadcast on Animax Asia Satellite TV in my country... saw a girl with invisible sword fighting against a samurai with him mocking western swordsmanship. Epic soundtrack sealed the deal. Few years later found out about FSN being a Visual Novel and downloaded the Mirror Moon version. hooked ever since. Still have not played Tsukihime despite all these years.
    FGO support list (updated 6th March 2018)
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    One time I spent so long reading Tsukihime without eating I made myself sick. Think it was the Akiha route.
    So would real incest just straight-up kill you then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The first thing I saw TYPE MOON related was when I was looking through my On Demand, and saw a poster for Fate Stay Night UBW, my first thought was "Wow, the guy with the red hair looks awesome, I wonder if he's the best character in the series". I watch the opening for UBW, realize there was watch order, went through with it, the "guy with the red hair" became my favorite character, I discover the Visual Novel, and there began my descent to the TYPE MOON universe.

You can imagine my shock when I realized what people thought of him...

Actual VN readers doesnt hate Shirou so much, tought, but there are differences about wich route have him at his best. Its more a thing of the so called Zero secondaries
    Short time ago i made a poll here that is still up in the first page, and Shirou totally trumped Kiritsugu as best protagonist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Actual VN readers doesnt hate Shirou so much, tought, but there are differences about wich route have him at his best. Its more a thing of the so called Zero secondaries
    Short time ago i made a poll here that is still up in the first page, and Shirou totally trumped Kiritsugu as best protagonist
    bear in mind that you are a zero secondary
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

i dont know what do you mean , my introduction to the Franchise was Deen SN. And i saod several times that i like SN more than Zero.

Blog Entries
    i'm sorry, you're a regular secondary. but it's not like that actually matters, as long as people wind up reading the source material at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?