Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3944474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

US Friend Code
    I never thought I'd get into Type Moon. At first I thought it's just another otaku franchise, but then FGO came and all of my favorite artists post their fanart of the game. It got me interested, especially because of the cute/cool character designs *cough*Billy*cough*Fuuma*cough*Jekyll*cough* and the idea of historical/legendary figures as cute anime characters really got me in. And here I am, obsessing over FGO and have watched Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai and reading Strange Fake. I swear I'd watch UBW one day, if I stop procrasinating.

US Friend Code
    Welcome, hope you have a blast.

And yes Fuuma is great
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死者 Corpse
    Once I was reading Gamble Fish 2 months ago and after finishing the chapter I was browsing and found a little intro about Type-Moon "In the All Around Type-Moon series: V.1 - Ahnenerbe no Nichijou Characters from various Type-Moon franchises, such as Fate, Tsukihime, and Kara no Kyoukai are able to hang out at the strange cafe called Ahnen Erbe. They chat together and deal with various curiosities such as a nosy talking cat or a "pot of happiness," which expels a gas that causes people to laugh. V.2 - Ahnenerbe Kyoushikyoku The crossover this time include Fate Extra, Fate/Kelaid Liner Prisma Illya and Fate/Zero." and I started to read a little but didn't read it thoroughly.

This was in 2013-2014, I don't really remember the events that well, but I was binging all of the anime I could find on Netflix at the time, and after I had finished the usual shouenen shows, I saw Fate/Zero. I had no idea it was part of a franchise, but I was interested enough to check it out. I liked it, then watched Dean/Night and was done with the series for a while. Then UBW came out, and I wasn't a huge fan. I liked it enough to keep watching week after week, but the story didn't really grip me. I couldn't sympathize with Shirou Emiya after watching F/Z, since that show was basically one long thesis paper on why his life view is wrong. Then on a whim, I watched prisma Illya, and I was hooked. I vividly remember waiting for episode eleven of Drei as ten ended with a very hype, only to be a bit disappointed when it did come.

Hmm well I actually found Kara no Kyoukai when trying to look for the anime my IRL friend like Kyoukai no Kanata when I typed the Kyoukai, and saw that it has high rating on MAL, so I watched it. My next exposure is around 2014 when I recently got into VNs, seeking for more VNs and while browsing vndb I found Fate/Stay Night as #1 most popular VN. I really liked it, and began to try more other things such as Fate/Zero anime and stuffs.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    A friend recommended Fate/Zero to me 3 months ago, and soon after I binged that in a day, I basically went down the rabbit hole. I'm still going down, and one day, I will make time to actually play the VNs or at least Realita Nua.

I started out with the F/SN novel years ago, and then dropped Type-Moon after going through Hollow Ataraxia because of life, then I watched the Kara no Kyoukai movies because "So nice, movies that aren't Fate." And it made me throw Fate out the window, then I went through Mahoyo so I mostly pay attention to KnK and Mahoyo now, although I do play FGO, I dropped JP but I'm re-starting on NA.

I think my first experience was when I saw people on a chat room client who had fate/ characters as their icons, I knew about the series but never got into it, so I decided to get into the VN’s with Tsukihime which I loved, and then played through realta nua and watched UBW and Zero.

JP Friend Code
    Hellow folks, the forum looks both fun and intrincated to get into, not really where to start my approach, this thread may as well do the trick..

My first interaction with a type-moon work was to see people's profiles with Fate/stay night characters and cosplayers dressing as Archer at local conventions. It was not until my girlfriend was excited about the release of the UBW anime and invited me to watch it with her that I had my first actual experience with the nasuverse.. and it was nuts! I really digged the premise of the series, we watched the original DEEN anime (skiping some episodes since spoilers) while waiting for more UBW episodes to come out and once the season was over I tackled the novel and fall in love with the fate universe in general. Since then I have been consuming more type-moon works (finished the fate/zero anime and the Kara no Kyoukai movies, finished Fate/Extra and CCC with the help of certain translation, reading tsukihime, playing fate/go, etc.) and now here I am.

I am really loving every work from type-moon I run into so far, specially Fate since I love D&D, history and legend.. and I am really looking forward discover more jewels.
    Wherever the detective goes, a crime surely follows.

If our eyes ever crossed, you have a part of me already.

I saw the famous panel of Lancelot grabbing the sword shot by Gilgamesh and then using it to destroy the spear that followed

Started watching F/Z instantly, and been a huge fan ever since.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    i was busy scrolling through anime blonde guys searching for a face claim in the roleplay, then i stumbled Gilgamesh, archer from UBW route. I only heard of Fate Zero and Stay Night not Heaven's feel nor UBW. So when I researched more about the universe, i was extremely overwhelmed with so many parallel universe, spin offs, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

i was busy scrolling through anime blonde guys searching for a face claim in the roleplay, then i stumbled Gilgamesh, archer from UBW route. I only heard of Fate Zero and Stay Night not Heaven's feel nor UBW. So when I researched more about the universe, i was extremely overwhelmed with so many parallel universe, spin offs, etc.

I know from anime Fate series about6-7years ago.And I use to read Fate/Zero novels.
    But,sometime I feel "I want to know about history of character and information more!"
    So,I decide to begin find in internet and yeah,I found Typemoon wiki frist.
    I like to read story more than watch (sorry I don't have free time much)

Now,I interested in Fate Grand order story and enjoy to reading story from this.

It was during my middle school years. While watching Animax I end up seeing episode 10 of DEEN FSN where Saber confronts Shirou while being naked. Her reasoning completely threw me off guard and I end up making her my very first waifu even before I was aware of such term. Not to mention the ED credit where Saber standing in the middle windy meadows with Jyukai - Anata ga Ita Mori playing. Still the best Fate Ending song in my opinion.

Got into the JC staff adaption of Tsukihime in 2004 in my freshmen year of high school....at the time...i thought it was awesome alongside Hellsing, despite being somewhat confused about certain plot points for reasons i would only find out later. The ending really stuck with me at the time for how bitter it was, especially without the context i would have later on.

I got into Fate also in high school through the premier of the DEEN 2006 adaption...if i recall...i didnt know really anything about it, or that they were by the same company...but the reason i was interested in watching it was because i had just been casually browsing Yahoo looking for something else entirely and came across this CG

And was immediately interested in the source, and why the woman was so battle damaged...seeing women warriors battle damaged on that level was still not fully normalized to me yet. I didnt really know where to start however as the picture didnt have a source, i only found out about half a year later that she was going to be premiering in a seasonal anime and the rest is history i suppose..

i've pretty much absorbed every available fan translation and adaption of Type Moon works through visual novels, anime, fighting game and manga at this point in time, even the not really connected stuff like Canaan. The only thing i havent actually experienced anything of is DDD
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 13th, 2019 at 01:37 PM.

US Friend Code
    I was interested in Saber and decided to watch Fate/Zero. Now I'm typemoon fag
    pls new icdd album

US Friend Code
    My first exposure to Type Moon was watching Fate/Zero thanks to a friend's recommendation. I really enjoyed it and started looking into related media. That was a few years ago and now I have enjoyed the visual novels, anime, and various other media I could get my hands on.

I was introduced to TM through FSN Deen 2006. The Shirou/Saber romance and the bittersweet ending of it left an impression on me so I wanted to discuss this with others where I was told it was based on a Visual Novel, a medium I never knew existed so I can also thank Fate for introducing me to that. I read through it loved it and wanted more nasuverse stuff so from there on I just bounced around consuming other TM work such as Tsukihime, KNK, and the other Fate spinoffs.

I wanted to play and/or watch SN or Zero, but ended up seeing Apocrypha first as it's the only one that wasn't region-locked on Netflix. Stuff just sort of followed from there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I started with the Brazilian DEEN/stay Night dub (yes, the one that translated Caster as "beaver") back when it debuted in I think 2009. Definitely the best entry point memewise.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    (yes, the one that translated Caster as "beaver")
    Did not know that was a thing, but that's hilarious. Makes sense since Castor is it's latin name and pretty much universal among the romance languages. Still, Hilarious.
    Last edited by Mattias; May 4th, 2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.