Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343942434445464954 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

I watched Fate/Stay Night's initial animation back in 2007. (So, a little bit after it was done)

After that, I immediately knew it was THE best series I had seen so far. Even though the animation quality wasn't that good, back then, I only really cared about the story.

And at any rate, with UBW's new animation from 2015, I'm yet again convinced I didn't do the wrong choice, like I was when Fate/Zero got its anime.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Tohsaka Rin. (Ohohohoho!)

I read a let's play of the Tsukihime Visual Novel.
    Got hooked and splurged on anything type-moon related right after.

For me it all started with the Lucky Star OVA back in 2008, of all things.

There's a very, very short gag in the OVA where Konata makes Kagami cosplay Rin Tohsaka. It's a very short, inconsequential part of the whole sequence, but I liked the character design so much that I looked up what anime it was from. So I went and watched Fate/Stay Night (2006).

I liked it well enough and the story was cool, but if I'm being perfectly honest the main reason I got so into it was because of Rin. I was kind of disappointed that she wasn't the main heroine until I read somewhere that the anime was based on this "Visual Novel" thing that was divided in 3 routes, one of which apparently focused on Rin instead of Saber. So I eagerly went to read the VN because I was just that into Rin's character. Suffice to say it was basically the most amazing thing the high school me had ever read. I loved it so much that I just needed to find and read anything else created by Type-Moon, and it all just spiraled down from there.

So, all things considered, it's all damn Konata's fault, for putting Kagami into that Rin cosplay.

I remember the first time I watched a video of "Fate," in this case it was the Fate stay opening, so in the comments I still remember fondly it went something like "So Emiya was a cool guy, but then you realize he becomes the ultimate douche in the show" even then there were people telling us to play the VN and stuff. At that point I thought that was a pretty big reveal, so it motivated me to finish watching it- as I was on the verge of dropping it.

But yes, the 2006 version of Fate was very boring, the only interesting character was Gilgamesh aka to me, Golden Prick. The moment where he touched Saber's cheek on the verge of death touched me though. Even at that point I thought the anime was really overrated, Rin was nothing special to me neither was Saber. But I am glad I followed through with it, it was thanks to that one comment that I followed the franchise, so thank you nameless hater.
    Last edited by Saltyyandere; August 1st, 2016 at 01:05 AM.

Starting with FZ(fuck me right?). I like the clash of ideologies between the king, Then read FSN VN, I love the deconstruction of superhero, exploring Shirou's choices and his consequence. Fate give me the impression of rich worldbuilding. The church, mage, magecraft, magic, servant, i want to look more into that. Then I watched KnK, I didn't get everything at first (like how MEoDP actually work and such), Read Tsukihime, I get a better idea of MEoDP there, the concept of vampire and TDA are interesting. Rewatch KnK. Read Melty blood(manga), and Mahoyo.

Oh my loli/fate in somewhere between all that.

US Friend Code
    Fate Zero on netflix

got addicted to it ever since.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I'm playing Type-Moon games since I was young. All of the games are nostalgic for me
    Pokemon Fan! Love checkinv IV's with IV calculator all day.

JP Friend Code
    PM me/Rhoia
    I read an article about ubw remake and decided to watch all other fate works (lol) before remake's premiere.
    Then someone on reddit told me to read the vn and I loved it!
    And before I knew it, I was a TM fan. Tsukihime is my favorite work and Akiha's best girl.

Nasu, Tsuki Remake when???
    Snek Evolution

LucinaEatingThisApfel Zerviscos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    PM first
    Melty Blood back in 2005
    MAL | Steam | Twitter

A Useless F2P Player's F/GO Support Lineup

PM me for FC | IGN: ゼロヴィスコ | En
    Updated 11/25/2016

A Useless F2P Player's Servant Pool (Not updated)
    A Useless F2P Player's Gold Cards
    A Useless F2P Player's Silver and Bronze Cards

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Honestly, the first time I got into Type-Moon when I watched the Fate/Zero anime, so I'm quite new to the party. Then I watched the UBW anime, and I was incredibly impressed with the anime themselves, but then came to appreciate the lore a lot more. Now I'm trying to get into KnK, Tsukihime, even more of Fate, and just about anything Type-Moon has to offer.

Not gonna lie, I was reading a Percy Jackson/F/SN fanfic by Ryuugi (rgm0005) a little bit before it officially died as most of his stories are want to do. Haven't looked back since

The Deen Anime, as surprising as it may be.

JP Friend Code
    For me it started with the DEEN anime just like I think it did for a lot of people. Back then I was aware of what VNs were but I'd never really gotten into one before. FSN ended up being the first VN I ever read and from there I went on to read Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya. It's probably been about 9 years since I got into Type-Moon.

Saw Kiritsugu vs. Kirei on a "Top 10 greatest anime battles" list on watchmojo, thought it looked awesome. Decided to watch F/Z. And the rest is, as they say, history.

I got into it from fate zero and from there just loved the universe and storytelling.

tnaks to FGO for knowing typemoon

I saw Arturia as the propic of a random guy in a FB page, i checked from which series she was from (She was cute...) and decided to watch the anime. I downloaded the first episodes of the Deen anime but then I couldn't watch them when I planned to do it. Then I dropped the idea to end the school year (one month during which I literally did nothing if not studying I guess) and watch it later. I ended speaking with a friend like "Oh, so you know it too?" and he gave me the info to download the VN and enjoy it.

Honestly, I would have prefered to read the novel from the start but it was a real mess.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Tohno's Avatar
    MUGEN, saw a very cool custom Tohno Shiki. Proceeded to read a let's play of Tsukihime. Then straight down the rabbit's hole I went.

a fun story. I love history and myth , and some day i was reading the King Arthur article on wikipedia, to see how accurate it was. At the end of said article there was a summary of Arthurian references in movies, comics, games and animation.One of them what this Anime called Fate Saty Night
    I researched the plot, and since i love history, myth and Anime , i told myself..i have to check out this thing. And i saw the DEEN Anime