Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3944474849

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

US Friend Code
    I never thought I'd get into Type Moon. At first I thought it's just another otaku franchise, but then FGO came and all of my favorite artists post their fanart of the game. It got me interested, especially because of the cute/cool character designs *cough*Billy*cough*Fuuma*cough*Jekyll*cough* and the idea of historical/legendary figures as cute anime characters really got me in. And here I am, obsessing over FGO and have watched Fate/Zero and Kara no Kyoukai and reading Strange Fake. I swear I'd watch UBW one day, if I stop procrasinating.

US Friend Code
    Welcome, hope you have a blast.

And yes Fuuma is great
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死者 The Dead
    Once I was reading Gamble Fish 2 months ago and after finishing the chapter I was browsing and found a little intro about Type-Moon "In the All Around Type-Moon series: V.1 - Ahnenerbe no Nichijou Characters from various Type-Moon franchises, such as Fate, Tsukihime, and Kara no Kyoukai are able to hang out at the strange cafe called Ahnen Erbe. They chat together and deal with various curiosities such as a nosy talking cat or a "pot of happiness," which expels a gas that causes people to laugh. V.2 - Ahnenerbe Kyoushikyoku The crossover this time include Fate Extra, Fate/Kelaid Liner Prisma Illya and Fate/Zero." and I started to read a little but didn't read it thoroughly.

This was in 2013-2014, I don't really remember the events that well, but I was binging all of the anime I could find on Netflix at the time, and after I had finished the usual shouenen shows, I saw Fate/Zero. I had no idea it was part of a franchise, but I was interested enough to check it out. I liked it, then watched Dean/Night and was done with the series for a while. Then UBW came out, and I wasn't a huge fan. I liked it enough to keep watching week after week, but the story didn't really grip me. I couldn't sympathize with Shirou Emiya after watching F/Z, since that show was basically one long thesis paper on why his life view is wrong. Then on a whim, I watched prisma Illya, and I was hooked. I vividly remember waiting for episode eleven of Drei as ten ended with a very hype, only to be a bit disappointed when it did come.

Hmm well I actually found Kara no Kyoukai when trying to look for the anime my IRL friend like Kyoukai no Kanata when I typed the Kyoukai, and saw that it has high rating on MAL, so I watched it. My next exposure is around 2014 when I recently got into VNs, seeking for more VNs and while browsing vndb I found Fate/Stay Night as #1 most popular VN. I really liked it, and began to try more other things such as Fate/Zero anime and stuffs.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    A friend recommended Fate/Zero to me 3 months ago, and soon after I binged that in a day, I basically went down the rabbit hole. I'm still going down, and one day, I will make time to actually play the VNs or at least Realita Nua.

I started out with the F/SN novel years ago, and then dropped Type-Moon after going through Hollow Ataraxia because of life, then I watched the Kara no Kyoukai movies because "So nice, movies that aren't Fate." And it made me throw Fate out the window, then I went through Mahoyo so I mostly pay attention to KnK and Mahoyo now, although I do play FGO, I dropped JP but I'm re-starting on NA.

I think my first experience was when I saw people on a chat room client who had fate/ characters as their icons, I knew about the series but never got into it, so I decided to get into the VNís with Tsukihime which I loved, and then played through realta nua and watched UBW and Zero.

JP Friend Code
    Hellow folks, the forum looks both fun and intrincated to get into, not really where to start my approach, this thread may as well do the trick..

My first interaction with a type-moon work was to see people's profiles with Fate/stay night characters and cosplayers dressing as Archer at local conventions. It was not until my girlfriend was excited about the release of the UBW anime and invited me to watch it with her that I had my first actual experience with the nasuverse.. and it was nuts! I really digged the premise of the series, we watched the original DEEN anime (skiping some episodes since spoilers) while waiting for more UBW episodes to come out and once the season was over I tackled the novel and fall in love with the fate universe in general. Since then I have been consuming more type-moon works (finished the fate/zero anime and the Kara no Kyoukai movies, finished Fate/Extra and CCC with the help of certain translation, reading tsukihime, playing fate/go, etc.) and now here I am.

I am really loving every work from type-moon I run into so far, specially Fate since I love D&D, history and legend.. and I am really looking forward discover more jewels.
    Wherever the detective goes, a crime surely follows. If you have to ask, the doors will close.

I saw the famous panel of Lancelot grabbing the sword shot by Gilgamesh and then using it to destroy the spear that followed

Started watching F/Z instantly, and been a huge fan ever since.