Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3641444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

Then i admit im a regular secondary, but eventually i found the source material

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i too am a secondary

- - - Updated - - -

actually a tertiary because i wanted to watch the DEEN anime after reading the horrible manga and wanting to see more of the story

- - - Updated - - -

actually maybe a quaternary because I only found the manga because I asked a friend what his MSN messenger profile pic was from and he said it was Saber from FSN
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    being a secondary is only shameful if you refuse to actually play/read the vn

or read zero, in the case of zero
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Actual VN readers doesnt hate Shirou so much, tought, but there are differences about wich route have him at his best. Its more a thing of the so called Zero secondaries
    Short time ago i made a poll here that is still up in the first page, and Shirou totally trumped Kiritsugu as best protagonist

Yeah, I saw it . The thing is though, I'm one of the rare instances that Shirou became my favorite character as a secondary. I knew he was messed in the anime, and it took me reading the Visual Novel to realize that he was brilliantly well written. It breaks my heart when people refer to him as "shit", "generic", or downright "boring" or "obnoxious", and apply that to Fate as whole, when really, he's one of the intriguing protagonists I've seen.

Put this poll anywhere anime related, the results would very well be opposite.

There were a lot of references to F/SN on Tv Tropes, so I checked it out. It was a bunch of random snippets of information without context, so I had a weird impression going in.

Watching the Deen anime first probably muddled it even more, but I still ended up enjoying it enough to read the VN.

JP Friend Code
    My uncle was an otaku before he passed away and he always brings me good stuffs like figurines and such then one day I saw him playing the VN on his PC and I was like "hey what game is that" I was 8 years old back then and he was like " You're too early for this stuff kid" so he just gave me books and mangas for me to read and then the DEEN anime was released and he was like "well looks like you can give it a shot" the old man never freaking told me it has some pervy things in it.. you can say that the day I got into TYPE-MOON was the day I lost my purity as a child lmao..

Now I'm freaking stuck in these fanbase I almost made it out but then Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero freaking pulled me back
    "Sumanai Slash that tears Heaven and Earth"

Event team(I just like Siegfried don't touch my King of Knights and brave fencer)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    that's sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 10BIT View Post
    My uncle was an otaku before he passed away and he always brings me good stuffs like figurines and such then one day I saw him playing the VN on his PC and I was like "hey what game is that" I was 8 years old back then and he was like " You're too early for this stuff kid" so he just gave me books and mangas for me to read and then the DEEN anime was released and he was like "well looks like you can give it a shot" the old man never freaking told me it has some pervy things in it.. you can say that the day I got into TYPE-MOON was the day I lost my purity as a child lmao..

Now I'm freaking stuck in these fanbase I almost made it out but then Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero freaking pulled me back
    Wow, I wish I had an uncle as cool as yours.

Blog Entries
    Have I posted here before? Eh, let me tell my story again.

I had a few online friends who were huge Type-Moon fans. There was a group of about twelve of us who would pretty regularly meet up in an AIM chatroom to discuss anime or movies or tell stupid jokes or just shoot the breeze with each other to pass the time on slow nights when we had no other plans. Two of these people were raging T-M fanatics who couldn't seem to go more than a week without going off on some tangent about how Archer is so cool or Shiki is creepy or Gilgamesh is the ultimate monkey's paw of power level debates because he realistically should be able to end any fight as soon as it begins but always finds a way to lose when it really counts.

I finally asked them what on Earth they were talking about, and they explained Type-Moon to me, which was really just FSN and Tsukihime at that point. The translation of the FSN visual novel had just recently finished the UBW route, so they suggested I start with Tsukihime instead. I got through the Arc and Ciel routes before deciding I didn't like Shiki very much, and I eventually got back on the T-M hype train by reading the VN once it was fully translated.

I found Beast's Lair back in the twilight of the old board, where I mostly haunted the Fanfics section (I lived for Elf's stuff) and started a story called "Thicker than Blood," which was about Shiki-as-Satsujinki meeting/fighting Enhance and getting dragged into an unwanted alliance by Altrouge. I only got about three chapters deep, but it would have followed Shiki's reluctant stint as Altrouge's pet assassin and unofficial third knight, as she has promised him a way into the magical castle to reunite with Arc if he's a good little boy and fucks up some of Ortenrosse's guys.
    Last edited by Imperial; April 19th, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

屍鬼 Ghoul
    The story of how I got introduced to the Nasuverse is a simple one. Back in 2008, when I was 10 years old, I came across a Fate/stay night/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien fanfic called Fate/stay night: Ultimate Master thanks to that odd little site named TV Tropes. 7 years later, I would later encounter the Fate franchise for a second time when I joined a vs debating/fan-fiction writing circle on Deviantart inspired by the hit web show, Death Battle. One day on the group's Skype chat, I noticed how my fellow writers constantly raved on about how well-written Fate:Zero was.

I decided to watch the Fate/Zero anime to see if it was worth watching and worth the hype. Although I was instantly discouraged and disheartened by the exposition-heavy first episode, I gradually warmed up to the series and fell in love with it. I then moved onto Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], which left me bitterly disappointed as the show was a massive step down from Fate:Zero in every single way possible.

After learning of my disappointment at [Unlimited Blade Works], one of my fellow writers recommended that I play the original Visual Novel and after many months searching high and low across the internet, I bought a copy of the game off MANDARAKE NAKANO and downloaded Mirror Moon's translation onto my Dad's computer. Right now, I'm on Day 1 of the Fate Route where Shirou is experimenting with Tracing.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I used to read that fanfic years ago.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Thanks!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo Interceptor View Post
    I decided to watch the Fate/Zero anime to see if it was worth watching and worth the hype. Although I was instantly discouraged and disheartened by the exposition-heavy first episode, I gradually warmed up to the series and fell in love with it. I then moved onto Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], which left me bitterly disappointed as the show was a massive step down from Fate:Zero in every single way possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I used to read that fanfic years ago.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay.
    Dammit, I know there's a Joke in here somewhere, I just can't find it...

屍鬼 Ghoul
    What kind of joke?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Dammit, I know there's a Joke in here somewhere, I just can't find it...
    Nah, it was just nostalgic seeing a fanfic I used to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The story of how I got introduced to the Nasuverse is a simple one. Back in 2008, when I was 10 years old, I came across a Fate/stay night/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien fanfic called Fate/stay night: Ultimate Master thanks to that odd little site named TV Tropes.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    The story of how I got introduced to the Nasuverse is a simple one. Back in 2008, when I was 10 years old, I came across a Fate/stay night/Ben 10: Ultimate Alien fanfic called Fate/stay night: Ultimate Master thanks to that odd little site named TV Tropes.
    At the very least, this has caught my curiosity. Just added it to my plan-to-read list. I feel like it would be so bad its good.

I was immediately drawn in by the two animes, Fate Zero and Fate Stay Night. Then, I was curious about a few things so I just checked the wiki and found out how little I knew about Type-Moon and Nasu's works.

I got into Type-Moon through Kara No Kyoukai, I saw a clip of the fifth movie on a top anime movies list on youtube. It looked interesting and I also liked the music. So I looked it up and watched all seven movies, and it quickly became my favorite anime. I think a few months later after hearing bits and pieces about Fate Stay Night, I came across Fate Zero on netflix and watched it, then I got immediately hooked on Fate. I then watched all the Fate anime's, and while I was waiting for the new Ufotable adaptation, I played the Visual Novel. I loved it, and then I went to play the Tsukihime Visual Novel. I became a huge Type-Moon fan and I watch and read as much as I possibly can with anything related to Type-Moon.

Blog Entries
    I initially tried to watch Fate/Stay Night 2006, but since i prefer dubbing over subbing I didn't watch it, but I always thought the story idea was interesting. Sometime later I saw Fate/Zero on Crackle and tried the first episode and was so disturbed by what happened to Sakura I almost dropped it, but then I saw the Dub on Netflix and watched the entire thing. Loved it, and when they put up Unlimited Blade Works 2014, I watched it and loved it too. Then I went back and watched Fate/Stay Night 2006 and loved it too! Started reading the VN, still working through the Fate route. I can watch Fate stuff dubbed or subbed, except Kalied Liner subbed all the way, that dub is just blurgh!

I decided to try my hand at Fate fanfiction and started writing a little fanfic called "Path of the Broken Mage" and I've had the worst experience with the fandom because of this fanfic, so now I expect everyone to be pissed off at me. The negative feedback has gotten to me because I've been dealing with it for over a year, one fan actually made me cry, stupid jerk. Interacting with people regarding this fic has turned me into Fate's worst sourpuss.

I have been told to "Harden the Fuck up" but I've been putting up with criticism for a year and I'm tired. I just want to have fun in the the up Nasuverse fandom for awhile. I'm tired of holding the flame shield over my head. The fanbase has soured me so much I'm turning into the Archer of the fandom. I'm immensely cynical when it comes to interacting with Fate fans and I'm really nervous about posting any fanfic here. People say "Put up the flame shield" as a joke, but there's only so much the flame shield can take before it breaks. Mine broke and I'm too tired to keep holding it up. I'm just happy they haven't soured me against the actual franchise! I find it so hard to interact with fans when half of them bite my head off over something as silly as an Alternate Unvierse fanfic.

Fortunately, I've had a wonderful experience interacting with fandom here on Beast's Lair. This might be the only place I can feel I can interact with the Fate fandom without having my head bit off over fanfic.
    Last edited by GuardianSoulBlade; June 14th, 2017 at 04:17 PM.