Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3843464748495053 ... LastLast

Thread: How did YOU get into Type-Moon?

JP Friend Code
    traps are degeneracy

at least you read the VN
    updated 2019/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You'll fit right in.
    Those that mean, everyone here is a trap loving person and dead inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    traps are degeneracy
    But, traps are so cute and "pure".

I got interested in the world of VNs after Umineko and I tried playing some of the classics like FSN,then I read Tsukihime and basically everything TM related that was translated at the time.

Blog Entries
    The classics are all on PC-98 tho

Right,"classics" might have been the wrong word.What I meant to say was the most popular VNs,like Clannad,FSN and S;G.

Watched Negima, then came across Fate Stay Night, nice boobs, then saw tsukihime then it all starts there.

My first exposure to TypeMoon in general were all the threads and such regarding Fate and Tsukihime in imageboards. I was never actually invested into it, however. It was only until the Fate/stay night anime in 2006 that I really became interested in TypeMoon's works, although I still didn't take much time into reading them, due to lack of translations (although in Tsukihime's case, it was more because of lack of awareness and laziness from my part, since I only recently learned it had been translated back then). But in any case, the more I read about it in threads and articles, the more intriguing it became. I essentially followed the translation for Fate shortly after and once I actually got to play it...well, as they say, the rest is history.

T̶̡ḩ͘e̵͡ ̵҉̸͜͠Ś̸̨̢é̡͡v̀͟͝e̛͝ ̛̀n͜ ͜͝t̡͠ḩ̀͟͜͡ Prismatic Glaive's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I found my senior at my previous boarding house playing the Tsukihime VN at the mess hall, I got interested and watched her play it. After a while, she made me play it for a little bit... Then I forgot about it... Three years later (A year after she graduated) and a classmate introduced me to the Unlimited Blade Works anime, from then on I got hooked to anything Fate related. Until I found out that Tsukihime, the first VN I've played, was from the same universe (or multiversal cluster, or whatever). After that, I dived deep into the Type-Moon Universe...

I was first introduced to Type Moon by watching Fate/Zero and loving it. I was so amazed by the rich history of the Fate Universe and complexity of the Characters. I watched UBW when it came out, and read the VN afterwards. (HF is my favorite route, mostly because of Kirei) By that point, there was no going back. I read Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya and played Melty Blood (even though i'm VERY bad at fighting games).
    Currently, i'm reading Fate/HA and the Zero LN.

I think what i love the most about the Nasuverse is the lore and the Philosophical ideas and Deconstruction of Ideals.

My introduction to type moon came from watching Fate Zero on a whim and immediately waifuing Saber. I looked more into it and found out about the Nasuverse and all related to it. After Fate Zero, I read the VN in it's entirety followed up by Hollow Ataraxia. I then read Tsukihime followed by the current english translations of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, and I now I'm going to read Strange Fake and Fragments of Blue and Silver. Thanks to Fate, I've actually taken a greater interest in human mythology and history as i am currently reading Le Morte D' Arthur and planning to read The Epic of Gilgamesh. I'm also doing a research paper on Sir Thomas Malory, the author of Le Morte D' Arthur, and it's coming together nicely so far. You can say it was fate.(I'll let myself out now)

My first exposure to Fate and anything Nasu-related, is a vivid memory of mine around 2010-ish. It was on youtube, where I stumbled across a translation of the bridge scene between Saber, Shirou and Archer in FHA. It was a few years later, when I was searching for anime to watch, that I came across Fate/Zero, and subsequently FSN and Tsukihime.

Always been a history buff
    Friend RP'd as Lancer on an imageboard
    Rest is history

Fate/Zero, the animation, also the first animation I really get into it( you can imagine how shocking it was for a 6th grade pupil).But what made me really became " the man on the moon" is the novel of Kara no Kyoukai.
    Love Nasu forever!

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Randomly found a picture of Artoria with Invisible Air on Excalibur and thought that using an invisible sword was cool. After some time, found DEEN's adaptation of Stay Night and fell in love with the music and many characters. I've always loved mythology, so seeing characters from different cultures fighting is an insta-like for me

US Friend Code
    Got introduced by a friend to Fate/Zero - and it was love at first sight with the Nasuverse. I then watched the other Fate anime adaptations and played the visual novels. But I wasn't interested in the whole Nasuverse lore until I saw the Kara no Kyoukai movies, which are absolutely fantastic (still haven't read the novels tho).

Since then, read/saw many other Type-MOON works, and there are still plenty left (for instance, I only read the Tsukihime manga, didn't have time to try the VN yet).
    Last edited by Jean Neige; March 3rd, 2018 at 10:01 AM.

King of Procrastinators dragonjek's Avatar
    The first visual novel I played was Katawa Shoujo, and I was immediately hooked to the medium. As soon as I finished I desperately had to find another, and I'd been hearing about this "Fate" thing--cue me getting Fate/Stay Night. And absolutely falling in love with it. Reading Tsukihime just taught me to appreciate Type-Moon as a whole.

US Friend Code
    I watched Fate/Stay Night a long time ago, and a few years ago, a friend was like "Hey, have you seen Fate/Zero?" I was like "I've seen Fate/Stay Night." and they were like "FSN is crap compared to FZ." and I was like "Boy, you are crazy, FSN is on point." And they were like "Bro, trust me, just watch FZ" So I go and watch it and my mind was blown at how awesome FZ was (Lancelot verse Gil, amiright?). After that, I stared on F/SN:UBW, and then started playing/watching other random Nasuverse things.

i just love fate/stay night more than my life that's it astrartoria's Avatar
    I saw the general buzz on twitter about fgo, since I really liked mobage games I decided to give it a try. I wanted to understand the backstory behind the game and I came through fate/stay night, the first thing I watched was the unlimited blade works anime and I fell in love with it. The rest is history lol.
    Last edited by astrartoria; May 30th, 2018 at 06:12 AM.

US Friend Code
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy as much as you like
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

i just love fate/stay night more than my life that's it astrartoria's Avatar
    Don't know whether this was directed to me or not, but thank you!
    "No, this night is the start of fate".