Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouroboros: Shadows of Bahamut (OOC)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thinking of making an entry for this, but the parameter grading system really confuses me. If the grades are between F and S, then where do the E-D-C-B-A ranks mentioned in the Character Type folder fit in?

Blog Entries
    To A Better World

Time and space. Life and death. Reality itself and an inexhaustible supply of power. Wielding magics far beyond anything man had ever seen, the five heroes battled the dragon and matched its world-ending might every step of the way. Not once did they falter. Even when the dragon would retreat from their prolific battles, the heroes would immediately give chase. The black beast was allowed no rest. Practically forced into a conflict that spanned a week's time, the dragon grew weaker and weaker by the day. Realizing it was on the verge of defeat, it ultimately retreated back to its den within the earth. And, naturally, the brave heroes followed. Ready for the final battle- they prepared to liberate mankind from the dragon's tyranny.

The battle continued on within the dragon's den. There was no doubt that the beast was on its last legs; however, the constant fighting had also worn down the heroes as well. They were exhausted. Their magical powers practically depleted and their wounds quickly catching up to them. Though they had come so far, the dragon was still more than capable of continuing. Quickly recovering from its wounds within its lair, defeat was slowly becoming a reality. However, one hero was still standing. With an inexhaustible well of power rivaling that of the dragon, the leader of the heroes- Ouroboros- stepped forth. With a smile, he faced the dragon and relished the thought of facing it one-on-one.

"I'll deal with this guy. You all look after humanity."

Those were his last words to his team. In a flash of light, the other heroes were expelled from the monster's lair- arriving safely on the surface. Though it took them some time to come to terms with what had happened, the words of their leader rung clearly in their ears. "Look after humanity." While he used everything in his power to combat the dragon, they were to do everything in their power to aid mankind in its recovery.

So the remaining Eternals did just that. Using their knowledge and power, they not only helped humanity rebuild but they also guided them. Educating the human race on the many changes the dragon's awakening had on them, the heroes introduced the people to a new kind of magic. A magic that didn't rely on the precious ores found within the earth. A magic that was born from their own newfound abilities- putting more power in the hands of the individual. New ways of living emerged. New technologies, new laws, cities, and societies. With the eternally young heroes at the forefront, mankind once again entered an age of prosperity. And with their new capabilities, they lived in less fear of what may come.

However, as the years went on, the remaining four heroes gradually came at odds with each other. With their old comrade still nowhere to be found, the status of the dragon- Bahamut- remained a mystery. So it became a question of what direction they should take should the dragon reemerge. One side argued that the abilities of mankind should be nurtured and elevate so that- should the time come- they could join in the fight against the dragon. In opposition to this, another argued that the use of magic should be limited as that is what led to the dragon's awakening in the first place. The legendary comrades became splintered and ultimately went their separate ways. One would go on to found the Scribes, an organization dedicated to the policing of magic and registration of magical abilities. Another would travel the globe, teaching magic to any who were able and willing. The other two... faded off into obscurity.

Many years have passed since then. To this day, the heroes continue on with their ideals- supporting humanity the way they each think best. But, little do they know that no amount of preparation and prepare them for what's in store.

Next: Ouroboros- Shadows of Bahamut

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thinking of making an entry for this, but the parameter grading system really confuses me. If the grades are between F and S, then where do the E-D-C-B-A ranks mentioned in the Character Type folder fit in?
    You invest the points given into your different stats. However, the different character types have different stat caps on select parameters. For example, humans have a stat cap of C rank on STR. This does not mean they have to have C STR. It just means that you, the player, can invest your points into that parameter until you hit C rank.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    You invest the points given into your different stats. However, the different character types have different stat caps on select parameters. For example, humans have a stat cap of C rank on STR. This does not mean they have to have C STR. It just means that you, the player, can invest your points into that parameter until you hit C rank.
    Unfortunately your explanation doesn't clarify things for me at all. Can you just post up a sample of what a parameter section would look like so I can know how to write it?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random Human

Strength: C
    Speed: C
    Vitality: C
    Precision: B
    Range:C
    Mana: C
    Influence: C
    Technique: A

Humans can't pass C in certain areas, so that's an example layout.

Point Investment

F- 10
    E- 20
    D- 30
    C- 40
    B- 50
    A- 60
    S- 70
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen View Post
    Random Human

Strength: C
    Speed: C
    Vitality: C
    Precision: B
    Range:C
    Mana: C
    Influence: C
    Technique: A

Humans can't pass C in certain areas, so that's an example layout.

Point Investment

F- 10
    E- 20
    D- 30
    C- 40
    B- 50
    A- 60
    S- 70
    Oh, that explains it. The S rank in particular really threw me for a loop, since I totally forgot that a lot of grading systems (especially in video games) have S coming after A. For a while I actually thought the ranks were graded between F and S in the alphabet, which made no sense at all here. In any case, thanks a lot for the explanation Airen! I should have no trouble writing it up now.

Blog Entries
    I got asked this on IRC so I felt it'd be good to explain it here too.

The rank of an EQ does not necessarily dictate what it's power can be. The rank is moreso a representation of its upper limit. That being said, when designing your EQs do keep in mind that the activation of their abilities work on a cooldown. Naturally, this means that stronger powers and effects will have longer cooldowns.

Blog Entries
    I got asked this on IRC so I felt it'd be good to explain it here too.

The rank of an EQ does not necessarily dictate what it's power can be. The rank is moreso a representation of its upper limit. That being said, when designing your EQs do keep in mind that the activation of their abilities work on a cooldown. Naturally, this means that stronger powers and effects will have longer cooldowns.
    I find it kind of funny that I actually forgot the part about EQs having cooldowns when I wrote up mine, yet included a cooldown in it anyways just because I felt it made sense. Great minds think alike?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for answering my PM. I especially liked the mana explanation and how it pertains to organisms. Very useful, that. I think I can work with what you gave me~ Much appreciated.

Also, your inbox is full, soooo...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Thank you, good sir.

Blog Entries
    Welp, I've submitted a sheet! Now to pray that it gets accepted...

Blog Entries
    Think I've got my core ideas down. Just need to type it out. Might be a day or two, but hopefully not too long. For now, however, I must sleep. Procrastination powers, activate!
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    Current standings based off the concepts I've received:

1. Palad1n (Interesting story and abilities. Would like to see where it goes.)
    2. Twelveseal (Concept I would like to see made workable)
    3. Airen (A bit of a stereotype/archetype. Nothing in particular that catches the eye.)
    4. RoydGolden (Inoffensive, but plain. Could use a bit more character.)

Aw yes! Gonna try to not disappoint you Sei!
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Blog Entries
    Yay, I'm inoffensive!

Blog Entries
    A bit of faction info.

Scribes

Knights of the Round: Considered to be the Scribe's only elite military force. Much like their name implies, its members are knight-like in demeanor and abilities (though some exceptions exist). At the top of this organization is a small group of Seated Knights who bear the names of the legendary knights of Britain. Even within the Scribes, the Knights of the Round boast incredible resources, abilities, and political power. Some even say that the organizations leaders alone are strong enough to take on the entirety of the Scribe organization.

Yggdrasil
    : A major research group within the Scribes. They handle the majority of the organization's research, development, and data analysis; however, they also handle magical licensing and patents for a number of groups around the world. Because of their role within the organization, most of the members of this group spend their time in labs. Very seldom are any researchers deployed into the field. That said, it is not uncommon for them to call in people from within the organization to test products and collect field data.

The Seven Holy Orders: A special group within the Scribes that handles relationships between magic organizations and religious groups. Members of this group attend to the religious sensitivities of the people within any town or city they watch over. For them, it is not just about making sure magic isn't abused in society. It is also their duty to ensure that magic does not threaten the beliefs of the people they swear to protect.

Alchemica: Another research group but one that specializes in the details concerning the human race and its relationship with mana. Comprised primarily of alchemists, Alchemica dedicates its resources to mage health, physiology, diet, and health. When they're not doing this, they're known to study how mana interacts with different plants and creatures in nature.

Rinne: A relatively new section within the Scribes. Based in Japan, Rinne is a sector that specializes in handling environmental effects caused by magic. To be more accurate, they investigate areas where harmful magical effects linger and dispel them. While this usually tends to be naturally occurring phenomena caused by high concentrations of mana and/or anti-element, it also leads them to having many encounters with mages conducting illegal research.

"Shadow": Though no official records of this group exist, people will often refer to this as the Scribe's covert ops group. According to rumors, whenever someone within the organization needs some dirty work done, they hand the tasks down to members of this group. Assassination, espionage, subterfuge, and kidnapping- among other things- are all acts attributed to this group.

The Resistance

The Union Council: A group of mages selected to represent their respective countries. It is a small select group that was conceived to stand against the might of the Knights of the Round. The representatives generally act on their own; however, they will often meet in order to coordinate large-scale efforts. Aside from this, the council mainly serves as a deterrent of all-out war.

Duodecim: A group of twelve individuals, each strong enough to lead their own small group. Their leader, Empress, is a member of the Union Council.

Fenrir: A type of mages' guild with hubs all around the world. They offer shelter and safe haven to those who have violated the laws of excessive magic use. In addition, these hubs also tend to offer jobs and assignments to those brave enough to face the Scribes and get their hands dirty.

The Eastern Clans: Clans within the eastern country who have lived to protect and prolong the teachings and magics of their families. These clans are known for having magical abilities that have rarely been seen by others. And, in some more extreme cases, some families are known to have developed abilities completely unique to their bloodline as a result of years of training and selective breeding.

Other

Key: Key, also known by Shady Key, is an agency which deals in the employment and commissioning of mages for various jobs. Since it has been founded, a number of hubs have been built across the globe and acts as something as an information hub within the magical world. They deal in both legitimate business as well as under-the-table deals and pledge allegiance to no one. Because of this, the mages they often higher are freelancers; however, Key also does business with the Scribes and the Resistance from time to time. And with their numerous connections and mysterious ability to acquire even classified information (for a price), Key is an infamous group which teeters on the edge of the magical world.

Flag: A freelance group that many refer to as the "Outlands Mafia". They are an up-and-rising group that has been aggressively taking jobs wherever they can find them. Outside of this, not a whole lot is known about the group's inner workings. The group itself has accumulated something of a following and a steady flow of new members flocks towards Flag each month. And because they seem to have little qualms with mutants, many have gone to Flag due to having nowhere else to go.

Blog Entries
    Huh, welp, now I know what sub-faction suits my character.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Day-um, this'll make things a bit more complex. Alrighty, I had planned to add lore-dependent content from the start, so time to get on that.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I think my character would belong to Fenris, since that suits her free-spirited personality the best and she wouldn't have qualifications for any of the other groups. Should I update her profile to say that, or is it fine as is?
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 14th, 2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Got rid of possibly spoileriffic information

Blog Entries
    Unless you plan on making significant changes, I don't need a repeat sheet.

Blog Entries
    Unless you plan on making significant changes, I don't need a repeat sheet.
    Thanks.