Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Could Sola-Ui have loved/fallen in love with Kayneth if the dude was less of an asshole from the start?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    When? At the end?
    He grew after Kiritsugu crippled him and right before he died.

But he died so we didn't get to see the long term result, unlike Waver.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Also its kind of weird how it says that Waver and Kiritsugu got an extra command spell. Imma check if that's a typo
    Maybe he just thought they did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I don't deny that there was an internal logic to his actions, I'm just deriding said logic. Besides, aren't we kind of meant to relate fictional ideologies to our own in order to comprehend/enjoy works of fiction?
    Eh. It depends. I'm pretty sure some people whose great grandaddies were hauled off in chains are unable to enjoy a historical fiction because historically a massive fucking chunk of cultures thought the idea of slavery was amazing, and there'll be at least some of that in the background of almost every historical piece that goes on, and, let's be honest, most of the people who'd be living in that area wouldn't think about slavery at all.

Truth be told, I'd find it hard not to laugh at a Victorian era MC whose author thought an easy way to make him relatable or likeable was to have him be appalled at the thought of kids sweeping chimneys.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    topic = could x fall in love with y if y wasn't y

yes
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Truth be told, I'd find it hard not to laugh at a Victorian era MC whose author thought an easy way to make him relatable or likeable was to have him be appalled at the thought of kids sweeping chimneys.
    I mean, the Victorians passed significant legislation aimed specifically at getting kids out of lethal jobs and into compulsory schooling instead, so it's hardly like there was a total lack of people who preferred children not to go up the stacks. Half of Dickens' oeuvre is "being poor sucks, and especially for kids", ergo Oliver Twist.

Similarly, slavery, circa Alexander's time:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle, Politics 1.1253b 20ff.; my translation
    τοῖς δὲ παρὰ φύσιν τὸ δεσπόζειν (νόμῳ γὰρ τὸν μὲν δοῦλον εἶναι τὸν δ᾽ ἐλεύθερον, φύσει δ᾽ οὐθὲν διαφέρειν): διόπερ οὐδὲ δίκαιον: βίαιον γάρ.
    But, according to others, it is unnatural to own slaves - it is human law which makes one man a slave and another free, though they are no different naturally. Thus, it is unjust, being an imposition by force.
    A scholiast provides a specific example in Alkidamas the Elean sophist, a pupil of Gorgias, speaking in his Messeniakos:
    Quote Originally Posted by In Aristotelis aretem rhetoricam commentarium 74.31 @ Rhetoric 1373b; my translation
    ἐλευθέρους ἀφῆκε πάντας θεός: οὐδένα δοῦλον ἡ φύσις πεποίηκεν
    The God has sent forth all people in freedom; no-one’s nature has made them a slave.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I mean, the Victorians passed significant legislation aimed specifically at getting kids out of lethal jobs and into compulsory schooling instead, so it's hardly like there was a total lack of people who preferred children not to go up the stacks. Half of Dickens' oeuvre is "being poor sucks, and especially for kids", ergo Oliver Twist.

Similarly, slavery, circa Alexander's time:

A scholiast provides a specific example in Alkidamas the Elean sophist, a pupil of Gorgias, speaking in his Messeniakos:
    True enough, but both those examples were the accepted state of things for the majority of the time, if I'm not mistaken.

Most people reckon world hunger's a bad thing, but it's not as if there are droves of people offering up significant resources and volunteering to go abroad and build wells and modernise farms- nah, those are the real devoted ones. There's probably a very vocal minority of people in each age advocating their good cause.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP