Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Sola-Ui have loved/fallen in love with Kayneth if the dude was less of an asshole from the start?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Also, do we know whether Sola was at first unwillingly ensnared by the Love Spot, or did she purposely fall under the enchantment?
    Pretty sure she was unwillingly ensnared at first, but then chose to let herself fall for it (since a mage of her calibre should've been easily able to resist) because "OMG love".

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Pretty sure she was unwillingly ensnared at first, but then chose to let herself fall for it (since a mage of her calibre should've been easily able to resist) because "OMG love".
    I thought a mage of her caliber would be able to outright resist ensnarement in the first place, but who knows.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I thought a mage of her caliber would be able to outright resist ensnarement in the first place, but who knows.
    Put it this way: Iri got hit by it the first time she saw him and went "Oi, buzz off!" Sola got hit by it the first time she saw him and went "Holee sheet this is awesum gimme another."

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Put it this way: Iri got hit by it the first time she saw him and went "Oi, buzz off!" Sola got hit by it the first time she saw him and went "Holee sheet this is awesum gimme another."
    And once again, I realize Sola would be right at home in Yandere Simulator. Maybe they should make another version of the game, Yandere Magus Simulator, just for her.

JP Friend Code
    The really sad part is that it was never about Kayneth, or her, or even Diarmuid. Sola was in love with love, even knowing that it was a lie produced by mind-altering magic.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Sola’s an cold unfeeling bitch. Even OOC Kayneth wouldn’t be able to kindle their relationship at all and the status quo would just go back on rails, effort for naught after Diarmuid is summoned and Sola gets hooked on the love drug.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    The really sad part is that it was never about Kayneth, or her, or even Diarmuid. Sola was in love with love, even knowing that it was a lie produced by mind-altering magic.
    That is kind of sad, and again, totally Yandere Simulator-like. Curse you Youth, or whoever gave the mole to Diarmuid in the Nasuverse! I guess that means no matter what KayFry tried, he really was doomed to failure. That being said, he didn't help himself all that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Sola’s an cold unfeeling bitch. Even OOC Kayneth wouldn’t be able to kindle their relationship at all and the status quo would just go back on rails, effort for naught after Diarmuid is summoned and Sola gets hooked on the love drug.
    Now that leads to the question, what if Kayneth summoned a Servant without the love drug? Would things have changed? Was it really Waver's fault?

The real big brain question is what if there was another female Servant who couldn't resist the lovebug

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    The real big brain question is what if there was another female Servant who couldn't resist the lovebug
    By their very nature though, Servants, with the exception of those in whom the whole magical falling in love thing is baked into their legend, should be able to easily resist. Besides, we have Brynhildr, who is a weird, sad love freak, and we also got Medea, whose life was basically spent on Aphrodite's leash.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It would be like the scenes from The Simpsons where women hit on Smithers, except it's a conventionally impossible to remove woman that keeps stalking him while he is trying to have manly fights and maybe even interrupts the fights to have him win. Comedy gold.

Having Serenity be it would be especially great. You could have her go full stalker and have Diarmuid whine that he did not want to win like this over, and over, and over. Never let it be said that Diarmuid's character potential has been exhausted.

Granted, it would basically be anti-comedy, and japanese writers aren't great at that, but I'd still pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It would be like the scenes from The Simpsons where women hit on Smithers, except it's a conventionally impossible to remove woman that keeps stalking him while he is trying to have manly fights and maybe even interrupts the fights to have him win. Comedy gold.

Having Serenity be it would be especially great. You could have her go full stalker and have Diarmuid whine that he did not want to win like this over, and over, and over. Never let it be said that Diarmuid's character potential has been exhausted.
    True. There's also the whole Brynhildr thing, and you could make a gag out of her constantly trying to kill Diarmuid out of love, and Diarmuid is constantly living in fear of her.

And this too would be anti-/dark comedy.

By their very nature though, Servants, with the exception of those in whom the whole magical falling in love thing is baked into their legend, should be able to easily resist. Besides, we have Brynhildr, who is a weird, sad love freak, and we also got Medea, whose life was basically spent on Aphrodite's leash.
    That's wrong, though. Saber was able to resist because her MR is a freakishly high A.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Ever since Saber Diarmuid was shown to have the love spot sealed, I’ve had to wonder if Kayneth was figuratively spitroasted by the offending Waver and Kerry into the circumstances of summoning his Lancer form. Kayneth already got fucked over by Kerry so many times that another dramatic irony would icing.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Now that leads to the question, what if Kayneth summoned a Servant without the love drug? Would things have changed? Was it really Waver's fault?
    If he hadn't summoned the Knight of NTR Sola would have remained on his side since she'd have no desires of her own.

That doesn't mean it was Waver's fault exactly, really it's Kayneth who fucked up in choosing Deermud as a backup plan.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    If he actually summoned Iskandar, things would probably be much worse for him.

What with him not even having a servant, and all.

I don't understand people who say that Iskander would leave Kayneth.

He stuck around with Waver.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

Because Iskander in Zero tells Kayneth "Wow you're a shitlord, I'm glad you're not my Master"

"I'm gonna summon a dude who has a record of NTR-ing his own lord despite having a juicy fiancee because everything will be fine and dandy"

Waver fucked Kayneth up big time.

Yes but Waver is also a shitlord so.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post

In BL terms, which are indeed the only terms in which you can properly interpret Iskandar, the problem is that they are both what we call a sou-seme. Now, Iskandar can do a bunch of different roles, but Keyneth is a sad combination hetare and ore-sama in particular. This has the unfortunate consequence of him being sort of narratively pigeonholed into a pathetically dominant role, as the writer did not and never needed to provide him with hooks with which to become a decent uke.

Basically if Keyneth gets done in the ass but is fine with it, then the story sucks because the characterization did not allow this to make sense. If he is not fine with it, but getting back at the seme is impossible, then you don't really have a relationship, do you?