Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Sola-Ui have loved/fallen in love with Kayneth if the dude was less of an asshole from the start?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Their individual mindsets are far too removed from each other for them to understand one another. Unlike Waver and Islander, both can’t even communicate and get off the ground because of how they each think of their relationship of master/servant as. They’re too incompatible.
    Who would be a good Master for "Waga Aru G" and who would be a good Servant for KFC? I seriously wonder. I do know who would be an extraordinarily BAD match for Kayfry, and that would be the King of Assholes himself. I'm sure in 5 minutes that Gil would skewer Kayneth with GoB and serve up some KFC right after.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Dan Blackmore and Diarmuid, even if it would be the blandest team ever.

The best servant for Kayneth would be someone like Izou, or Kojiro, or Robin, who complains and frankly points out stupid things he's doing, and maybe even makes fun of him. They should ultimately be loyal servants and let him feel in charge, but also be trashy enough for the master to actually fear for his life trough the war.

I feel like something worth discussing is Ophelia vs Sola. Who wore it (no personal goals) better?

I was about to say Cu might even qualify for that position as a laid back aniki type, but Kayneth's definitely the kind of guy who would just spam Gae Bolg whenever he could and that wouldn't be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Dan Blackmore and Diarmuid, even if it would be the blandest team ever.

The best servant for Kayneth would be someone like Izou, or Kojiro, or Robin, who complains and frankly points out stupid things he's doing, and maybe even makes fun of him. They should ultimately be loyal servants and let him feel in charge, but also be trashy enough for the master to actually fear for his life trough the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I was about to say Cu might even qualify for that position as a laid back aniki type, but Kayneth's definitely the kind of guy who would just spam Gae Bolg whenever he could and that wouldn't be interesting.
    After taking a quick look at who Dan Blackmore was on the wiki, I agree. He and Diarmuid are a match made in heaven. As for KayFry, I'm surprised you guys think a snarky, cutting, but ultimately loyal Servant would be the best bet considering the man's rather fragile ego and his profile stating that he would have preferred a Servant who respected him for his achievements and skills as opposed to his status as their Master. In addition, regarding Cu, he and KayFry would quickly butt heads because Cu wants a good fight while Kayneth just wants to win.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    lol what's Kayneth gonna do, use a command seal?
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    "I really want to serve my Lord, that's my only wis--... oh honor comes first, hello Saber"
    Well technically that’s how Diarmuid saw serving his lord, going out and vanquishing his masters enemies thus bringing glory to his Master’s name. The problem with Diarmuid is that he follows warriors etiquette, chivalry thus tries to treat all his opponents with respect unless he sees them as evil. That is the knights way. To Kayneth the other Servants were just opposing familiars, obstacles. He only really cared about was matching against rival mages for pretty much really similar reasons that Diarmuid had, honor and prestige. His problem was him not understanding of that the honor and prestige that Diarmuid wanted to win wasn’t for himself but for him, he couldn’t understand Diarmuid acting on his behalf selflessly and thus thought he must be lying of having no wish thus is obsessed with fighting the other Servants because he just wants to fight not because he actually cares for Kayneth.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

lol what's Kayneth gonna do, use a command seal?
    They're supposed to be things you don't waste. If we go by your logic, Kayneth would run out of Command Seals by the 2nd day or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well technically that’s how Diarmuid saw serving his lord, going out and vanquishing his masters enemies thus bringing glory to his Master’s name. The problem with Diarmuid is that he follows warriors etiquette, chivalry thus tries to treat all his opponents with respect unless he sees them as evil. That is the knights way. To Kayneth the other Servants were just opposing familiars, obstacles. He only really cared about was matching against rival mages for pretty much really similar reasons that Diarmuid had, honor and prestige. His problem was him not understanding of that the honor and prestige that Diarmuid wanted to win wasn’t for himself but for him, he couldn’t understand Diarmuid acting on his behalf selflessly and thus thought he must be lying of having no wish thus is obsessed with fighting the other Servants because he just wants to fight not because he actually cares for Kayneth.
    Was going to say that, but thanks for getting it out there. That's honestly one reason I disliked Kayneth when I watched Zero. It's that he simply could not understand Diarmuid's selfless loyalty and that there was no ulterior motive, even if the viewer could clearly see it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    After taking a quick look at who Dan Blackmore was on the wiki, I agree. He and Diarmuid are a match made in heaven. As for KayFry, I'm surprised you guys think a snarky, cutting, but ultimately loyal Servant would be the best bet considering the man's rather fragile ego and his profile stating that he would have preferred a Servant who respected him for his achievements and skills as opposed to his status as their Master. In addition, regarding Cu, he and KayFry would quickly butt heads because Cu wants a good fight while Kayneth just wants to win.
    Maybe, while Cu is a blood hound searching for battle, he is by the letter type of Servant. In HA it was mentioned he never betrayed his king or went against even when his kings decisions screwed him over, he simply went out and obeyed. He did the same thing even when under a sadistic Master like Kirei, only really going against him when Kirei either abandoned him or tried to force him against his code. So in that way he is kinda similar to Diarmuid but it should be noted that Diarmuids code and Cu’s code is different and I actually don’t think Kayneth would make Cu go against his.

anywhere than here

Would saying Karna be redundant since he's supposedly good with almost any master who isn't completely inept?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Maybe, while Cu is a blood hound searching for battle, he is by the letter type of Servant. In HA it was mentioned he never betrayed his king or went against even when his kings decisions screwed him over, he simply went out and obeyed. He did the same thing even when under a sadistic Master like Kirei, only really going against him when Kirei either abandoned him or tried to force him against his code. So in that way he is kinda similar to Diarmuid but it should be noted that Diarmuids code and Cu’s code is different and I actually don’t think Kayneth would make Cu go against his.
    That is a good point, but I still think Kayneth may not be totally comfortable letting Cu do as he feels in battle, which IMO is the best way to use Cu, and there would definitely be some tension, even if not much. Also, I know Cu doesn't particularly like fighting defenseless opponents or fine women, he doesn't hold ill will towards opponents unless they personally annoy him for another reason, and he takes pride in his status as a hero. Is there any other part of his code I'm missing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Would saying Karna be redundant since he's supposedly good with almost any master who isn't completely inept?
    I think he would have the same problems with Kayneth that Diarmuid had. In fact, for Karna it might be worse because he comes off as more apathetic than Diarmuid, and his bluntness may offend the man.

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The point is that they’ll speak out their own thoughts, which is a big step in showing that servants have their humanity and would be easier for Kayneth to actually converse with now that he’s dealing with an attitude.
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

US Friend Code
    Yeah he would be worst. Karna by nature brings muisunderstandings just from the way he acts, he would follow all of Kayneths instructions so that’s good but Kayneth will become unnerved by him even more so then Diarmuid, since Karna is really someone without a wish. He was fine with the end he got and I can see Kayneth having trouble accepting that

anywhere than here

The point is that they’ll speak out their own thoughts, which is a big step in showing that servants have their humanity and would be easier for Kayneth to actually converse with now that he’s dealing with an attitude.
    Perhaps, though I still think it'd take a while for Kayneth to actually respect their opinions. Also, Karna would just perplex Kayneth, and he doesn't take confusion all that well.

I feel like literally any other kind of loyalty other than Waga Allergies would be better for Kayneth. Better in general too, there’s nothing cool with it imo.

Yeah he would be worst. Karna by nature brings muisunderstandings just from the way he acts, he would follow all of Kayneths instructions so that’s good but Kayneth will become unnerved by him even more so then Diarmuid, since Karna is really someone without a wish. He was fine with the end he got and I can see Kayneth having trouble accepting that
    The dude does not react well to what he doesn't understand. Now I wonder if all magi are like that. If they are all researchers to a core, then it shouldn't be that way.

If magi were all researchers you'd think they'd learn how to use TVs and shit

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Frankly, entirely selfless motives are just difficult to deal with from an outside perspective. Example: Emiya hanged. Literally anyone else better at having normal desires or at least better at putting up airs would be preferable.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Frankly, entirely selfless motives are just difficult to deal with from an outside perspective. Example: Emiya hanged. Literally anyone else better at having normal desires or at least better at putting up airs would be preferable.
    Maybe, but there are better ways of doing so than what Kayneth did. Actually, now that I think about it, even a nice person would have trouble dealing with such motives because he/she'd feel like they're constantly exploiting the person.

Karna would be okay with Kayneth but Kayneth would get offended within 2 seconds of talking with Karna.

Fionn doesn't work either even with the meme, he'll just flirt with Sola immediately upon summoned.

Kayneth skillset is actually perfect with a Knight Class Servant, but his personality fits more with a Caster that he actually respects