Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Sola-Ui have loved/fallen in love with Kayneth if the dude was less of an asshole from the start?

Blog Entries
    That doesn’t really describe Kayneth though? Like he doesn’t really give a shit if you don’t think he’s great, he’ll just think you’re an idiot because he actually is great and only an idiot wouldn’t see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is this sniveling Kayneth that turns into a wreck if he doesn’t get the head pats even coming from. Are you sure you guys aren’t mixing him up with a chihuahua or something?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That doesn’t really describe Kayneth though? Like he doesn’t really give a shit if you don’t think he’s great, he’ll just think you’re an idiot because he actually is great and only an idiot wouldn’t see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is this sniveling Kayneth that turns into a wreck if he doesn’t get the head pats even coming from. Are you sure you guys aren’t mixing him up with a chihuahua or something?
    I saw his as less a sniveling wreck and more a angry, spoiled brat. Like, WoG is that his whole reason for not getting along with his Servant is because Deermud didn't appreciate what a special snowflake he was. That's pretty sad.

Blog Entries
    The difference lay in the fact that though he may be spoiled he actually has the talent to genuinely be the best.

If you reached the number one scores in your class it is no wonder people would praise you. It is true that he had the help of his family but his claim to fame and his attempt to create a new faction within the clocktower were thanks to his own genuine cleverness and magical ability.

It it just as much Lancer's fault for simply recognizing him as just the same generic lord he would have called any master even a terrible one like Waver rather than trying to understand Kayneth

The way I see it, he was indeed spoiled but that was only because his skills were good enough to warrant said spoiling. His Servant was basically looking for a lord and less for an actual Master/Servant relationship.

Blog Entries
    That’s backwards. He didn’t have a bad relationship with Diarmuid because Diarmuid didn’t praise him, it’s just because he treated Diarmuid like any magus would treat a normal familiar. But if Diarmuid HAD praised him, he would have liked that and changed his behavior.

In other words it’s not that not being praised had a negative effect, it’s that being praised would have had a positive one.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I saw his as less a sniveling wreck and more a angry, spoiled brat. Like, WoG is that his whole reason for not getting along with his Servant is because Deermud didn't appreciate what a special snowflake he was. That's pretty sad.
    Yeah, I honestly got that impression quite early on. He's like Bakugou from BNHA/MHA, but with even less emotional maturity.

That’s backwards. He didn’t have a bad relationship with Diarmuid because Diarmuid didn’t praise him, it’s just because he treated Diarmuid like any magus would treat a normal familiar. But if Diarmuid HAD praised him, he would have liked that and changed his behavior.

In other words it’s not that not being praised had a negative effect, it’s that being praised would have had a positive one.
    I guess that may be true, but once he realized Diarmuid wasn't praising him like he expected/hoped, it definitely fueled an already existing disdain/antipathy, so it became a vicious cycle.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    It was doomed by the nature very of this thread, but the Kayneth shaming like he’s a sensitive baby is not something I’ve ever thought of him as or will ever agree with. Seriously, I don’t see where any of this characterization is coming from.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    It was doomed by the nature very of this thread, but the Kayneth shaming like he’s a sensitive baby is not something I’ve ever thought of him as or will ever agree with. Seriously, I don’t see where any of this characterization is coming from.
    His actions? His words? They make him look like an overgrown baby to me, or at least a manchild. It helps that Waver, his thematic opposite in some senses, is dragged kicking and screaming into adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    His actions? His words? They make him look like an overgrown baby to me, or at least a manchild. It helps that Waver, his thematic opposite in some senses, is dragged kicking and screaming into adulthood.
    Yeah, like that time he put Waver down for his theory, which we've already established was entirely justified within the framework of magi, and which the narration even agrees was the right thing to do and that Waver is the crybaby.
    Or how he was angry at Waver for stealing his priceless artifact, how could he.
    Or how he scolds diarmuid for not taking the fight seriously after he swore to do so.
    Or how he harbors disdain for diarmuid because his wife, who he loves, would always scold him and never listen to what he has to say, but without hesitation listens to the servant.
    Remember that time he went into the Einzbern forest and thought to himself that surely whoever this guy was he couldn't be the Einzbern who was Saber's master because magi don't do that, and this guy is some dirty mage killer. Oh how could he not respect him?
    Maybe you mean that time he scolded diarmuid for letting his wife, who was under his servant's protection, get kidnapped by the enemy. He's betrayed by diarmuid time and time again by way of his love mole and constant obsession with honor and saber, yet Kayneth shouldn't feel contempt for him?

These are basically all the times Kayneth is openly angry with someone, or just generally lashes out. The narration makes it perfectly clear that he's very composed yet brutal, although he is a sore loser as a result of him constantly being praised as a prodigy, which btw, he doesn't even care for himself, because he just sees it as that's how life is for him now. So yeah, what a big surprise that he'd be devastated after losing all he ever had.
    At the very least, don't go raising Waver up on some pedestal to try and bring Kayneth down when the text makes it very clear Waver's like the biggest baby in the entire story.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Yeah, like that time he put Waver down for his theory, which we've already established was entirely justified within the framework of magi, and which the narration even agrees was the right thing to do and that Waver is the crybaby.
    Or how he scolds diarmuid for not taking the fight seriously after he swore to do so.
    Or how he harbors disdain for diarmuid because his wife, who he loves, would always scold him and never listen to what he has to say, but without hesitation listens to the servant.
    Remember that time he went into the Einzbern forest and thought to himself that surely whoever this guy was he couldn't be the Einzbern who was Saber's master because magi don't do that, and this guy is some dirty mage killer. Oh how could he not respect him?
    Maybe you mean that time he scolded diarmuid for letting his wife, who was under his servant's protection, get kidnapped by the enemy. He's betrayed by diarmuid time and time again by way of his love mole and constant obsession with honor and saber, yet Kayneth shouldn't feel contempt for him?

These are basically all the times Kayneth is openly angry with someone, or just generally lashes out. The narration makes it perfectly clear that he's very composed yet brutal, although he is a sore loser as a result of him constantly being praised as a prodigy, which btw, he doesn't even care for himself, because he just sees it as that's how life is for him now. So yeah, what a big surprise that he'd be devastated after losing all he ever had.
    At the very least, don't go raising Waver up on some pedestal to try and bring Kayneth down when the text makes it very clear Waver's like the biggest baby in the entire story.
    Waver's only a baby at the beginning and quickly grows out of it. Kayneth does not. Besides, we also established that Kayneth went about dismissing his theory the totally wrong way. Furthermore, I also refer to the time when he gets frustrated that Kiritsugu isn't doing things the "proper" way, and only to him is what Diarmuid does actual betrayal, even when Lancer himself never meant it that way. Besides, the tone of his anger makes him sound more like a petulant child than anything else. Maybe it's his VA. That, and the special snowflake thing from the notes. More importantly, the fact he couldn't bring himself to take Kiritsugu 100% seriously and got whiny when Kiritsugu failed to roll over and die speaks childish to me.

That, and it seems almost like you're trying to push Waver down to pull Kayneth up.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; September 18th, 2018 at 11:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    All Waver does is cry and take Ls in Zero lol

Where does this heroic mature version of Waver come from

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    All Waver does is cry and take Ls in Zero lol

Where does this heroic mature version of Waver come from
    I said he matures over the course of Zero, comes to accept his limitations, and eventually cooly tells Gilgamesh that he can't fight him because his king ordered him to live. Zero was the tale of how he grew up, after all.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    "waaaaaaahhhh I'm not good enough for you I'm not your Master anymore take these spells and leave"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Furthermore, I also refer to the time when he gets frustrated that Kiritsugu isn't doing things the "proper" way,
    TIL it's whiny to complain that someone shot you in the middle of a football game
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    "waaaaaaahhhh I'm not good enough for you I'm not your Master anymore take these spells and leave"
    Admittedly, that was too much, but it's a drastic improvement over the brat at the beginning who is convinced he's the best, even though deep down he was aware of his mediocrity. Besides, I found that heartwarming, and he eventually did find enough confidence and take pride in having fought alongside his Servant.

- - - Updated - - -

TIL it's whiny to complain that someone shot you in the middle of a football game
    This is a Grail War, a conflict known for its overall violence and lack of order. What would you expect when everyone's trying to fulfill wishes and you aren't?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    To not bring a gun to magic football?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Kayneth held himself incredibly well for someone who essentially lost his entire career as someone in the big leagues and crippled for life by a bullet, and stuck with his fiancé who he knows will still never love him to the end. Kiritsugu boasts a reputation taking down magi like Kayneth, and of course he’s going to make him look bad while doing it. He’s already had all these significant loses and never showed the traits you claim. I don’t understand why he’s getting called a bitch for all this when it’s all logically sounded.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post

Don't forget when Diarmuid lets Kiritsugu go in the Einzbern Castle when Kiritsugu just crippled his Master and Diarmuid had him at his mercy.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Where's the rule in magic football that says you can't do that?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Page 37, subsection 5 of The Norms and Culture of Magi Society: The Third Edition
    canon finish apo vol 3

Yeah, but in this magic football, all the players gave up on playing football, grabbed guns, and started shooting each other, and one guy locked himself in the VIP box and attempted to fight with an autonomous weapon's system. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Kayneth held himself incredibly well for someone who essentially lost his entire career as someone in the big leagues and crippled for life by a bullet, and stuck with his fiancé who he knows will still never love him to the end. Kiritsugu boasts a reputation taking down magi like Kayneth, and of course he’s going to make him look bad while doing it. He’s already had all these significant loses and never showed the traits you claim. I don’t understand why he’s getting called a bitch for all this when it’s all logically sounded.
    Yes he did. Also, I'd say Tokiomi held himself much better considering all his plans went south the minute they came in contact with the enemy. I can only think of one time tops when he somewhat lost his cool, and even then, it was restrained, and that was against Caster's monster.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Don't forget when Diarmuid lets Kiritsugu go in the Einzbern Castle when Kiritsugu just crippled his Master and Diarmuid had him at his mercy.
    True, but not doing so would have offended Diarmuid's sense of honor. Also, the same Zero mats that claim that KayFry wasn't all to blame for his failed partnership also claim Diarmuid was perfectly capable of fighting dirty if he was told the Grail War was dirty business.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if they jousted in quidditch