Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Sola-Ui have loved/fallen in love with Kayneth if the dude was less of an asshole from the start?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Wonder if they jousted in quidditch
    They did. Read Quidditch Throughout the Ages. There were records of attempted decapitation of a Keeper, sports with the goal of knocking people off brooms, and so on.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Kayneth and Tokiomi's situations are too vastly different to be anyway comparable imo. If Kiritsugu had hypothetically put Tokiomi above Kayneth on the priority hit list and make him go through the same wringer during the war, I have no doubts he'd be at his wits end as well and we'd see all sorts of unsightly sides to Tokiomi that'd be unimaginable otherwise. It's blatantly unfair to have their desperation measured in such a way.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Kayneth and Tokiomi's situations are too vastly different to be anyway comparable imo. If Kiritsugu had hypothetically put Tokiomi above Kayneth on the priority hit list and make him go through the same wringer during the war, I have no doubts he'd be at his wits end as well and we'd see all sorts of unsightly sides to Tokiomi that'd be unimaginable otherwise. It's blatantly unfair to have their desperation measured in such a way.
    I still think Tokiomi would have handled the situation with more grace and with less whining. At the very least, he could have kept his cool longer. Also, I will admit that part of my reason for thinking Kayneth is a whiny spoiled brat is that his Japanese VA in the anime sounds alternately supremely condescending or super whiny with almost no in-between.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    the shinji effect
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    the shinji effect
    There's a name for that?

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Tokiomi got relatively lucky and got to keep his motto of elegance pristine until his last unceremonious moment. Kayneth was on life support after meeting Kerry once and left floundering for the remainder of his screentime. The painting is tilted.
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

the shinji effect
    I find him hilarous in that he struts around like he knows what hes doing, but in reality hes just as unprepared, and unfit to be in the grail war as Shirou is, maybe less so.

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I still remember the sound of Kayneth’s final internal monologue. Yeah his VA is great.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

I still remember the sound of Kayneth’s final internal monologue. Yeah his VA is great.
    I like his VA, don't get me wrong, but it reinforces the notion of Kayneth is an arrogant, whiny, spoiled brat whose elegance and calm is only present as long as he is absolutely in control.

I feel like the levels of bias being shown are reaching mental pollution levels.

If you look at this thread as a whole, the conversation has actually swung back and forth in regards to KayFry. It depends on who's posting at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    I find him hilarous in that he struts around like he knows what hes doing, but in reality hes just as unprepared, and unfit to be in the grail war as Shirou is, maybe less so.
    Maybe he’s not born with it (circuits) maybe it’s Maybeline.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Zero goes out of its way to portray Kayneth as the bad guy and Diarmuid and Waver as the good guys whose actions are understandable. So it is only expected that people side against Kayneth.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Zero goes out of its way to portray Kayneth as the bad guy and Diarmuid and Waver as the good guys whose actions are understandable. So it is only expected that people side against Kayneth.
    Diarmuid was pretty terrible for not just killing Kiritsugu right there. But then again perhaps if someone other than Urobuchi had written him, he would've acted differently?
    Kayneth held himself incredibly well for someone who essentially lost his entire career as someone in the big leagues and crippled for life by a bullet, and stuck with his fiancé who he knows will still never love him to the end. Kiritsugu boasts a reputation taking down magi like Kayneth, and of course he’s going to make him look bad while doing it. He’s already had all these significant loses and never showed the traits you claim. I don’t understand why he’s getting called a bitch for all this when it’s all logically sounded.
    He's unhapoy we aren't bashing Kayneth like he started this thread to do so.
    Last edited by warellis; September 18th, 2018 at 07:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    If getting fucked up by Kiritsugu is whining then what's a legitimate complaint, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    You must be elegant and beautiful when you’re shot or else you’re just a little bitch i guess

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Diarmuid was pretty terrible for not just killing Kiritsugu right there. But then again perhaps if someone other than Urobuchi had written him, he would've acted differently?
    Yeah Deermud and Saber were both idiots there because Chivalry Boner>>>>Basic Logic in Zero Land.

Saber: "Sure, I'll totally let you go off an face my Master alone Diarmuid, there's no way this could fuck me over"
    Diarmuid: "Like, I know you've just totally fucked up my Lord and Master, but Imma let you go so I can Jock Flirt with Saber some more"

I feel it's not that people aren't siding against Kayneth, it's just that there's a lot of biased hate being thrown around that simply doesn't line up with what's stated in the narrative/in his character, which I can only assume is the one thing people are arguing about at this point still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    There's a name for that?
    yeah, Kamiya Hiroshi

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post

He's unhapoy we aren't bashing Kayneth like he started this thread to do so.
    I resent that accusation. I NEVER started this thread to just bash Kayneth, even if I as an individual am doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    You must be elegant and beautiful when you’re shot or else you’re just a little bitch i guess
    Most of my things are actually about shit BEFORE he was shot, not after. He was a little bitch then too.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah Deermud and Saber were both idiots there because Chivalry Boner>>>>Basic Logic in Zero Land.

Saber: "Sure, I'll totally let you go off an face my Master alone Diarmuid, there's no way this could fuck me over"
    Diarmuid: "Like, I know you've just totally fucked up my Lord and Master, but Imma let you go so I can Jock Flirt with Saber some more"
    Chivalry does have its own logic, though I admit maybe Saber and Diarmuid took it too far at the wrong time.