Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that you love in TM

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I love how everything is more or less its own continuity. Also, that the strength of the Human Order determines whether its a Tsukiverse or a Fateverse or some fuck-ass weird-ass BLESSED setting like Fate/strange fake is.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I love how everything is more or less its own continuity. Also, that the strength of the Human Order determines whether its a Tsukiverse or a Fateverse or some fuck-ass weird-ass BLESSED setting like Fate/strange fake is.
    Yet at the same time everything is part of an overarching continuity. It's pretty neat, even though I wouldn't go so far as to say pure genius.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Everything is a sequel, and builds upon other things from before.OG Mahoyo is probably inspired by the ye' old proto-Fate, and KNK is inspired by OG Mahoyo, and Tsukihime is a sequel/reinterpretation of KNK, and KT is a sequel to that and Melty is a sequel to that and F/sn EXISTS because of that--

Yeah. Yall get the idea.

Fate/Zero is also a sequel, as well as a prequel.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Everything is a sequel, and builds upon other things from before.OG Mahoyo is probably inspired by the ye' old proto-Fate, and KNK is inspired by OG Mahoyo, and Tsukihime is a sequel/reinterpretation of KNK, and KT is a sequel to that and Melty is a sequel to that and F/sn EXISTS because of that--

Yeah. Yall get the idea.

Fate/Zero is also a sequel, as well as a prequel.
    It's all an ouroboros or a mobius strip then...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It's all an ouroboros or a mobius strip then...
    That's knk 5

- - - Updated - - -

Yet at the same time everything is part of an overarching continuity. It's pretty neat, even though I wouldn't go so far as to say pure genius.
    The MCU before the MCU existed
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The MCU before the MCU existed
    Nah, Marvel and DC were doing long stretching continuities before Nasu or Taku were twinkles in their dads eyes.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Nah, Marvel and DC were doing long stretching continuities before Nasu or Taku were twinkles in their dads eyes.
    That might be true but were the marvel continuities equally continuous through multiple forms of media or was it just mainly one medium, comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Taiga’s VA, already a national treasure, did a side bit where she sang kareoke

and loses her mind. Part of the way through it’s pretty clear she is totally singing her heart out. It may be my favorite moment from TM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That might be true but were the marvel continuities equally continuous through multiple forms of media or was it just mainly one medium, comics.
    Kinda? For example Spider-Man shattered dimensions the game where you played as multiple spiderman across the multiverse, was canon to the main spiderman (616).

If we're talking consistent continuity than the only Nasu franchises eligible for this would be the VN for Tsuki, Fate, Mahoyo, Knkx Apo, and Fake, all of which have a start and an end. And debatably Extra, which would be a What if scenario or Elseworld story by Marvel and DC standards. Even then it's not like these stories are aware of one another's existence, as opposed to the Marvel/DC being aware they're a tiny piece to a larger puzzle.

Though FGO might have changed that.

The MCU does exist within the larger Marvel Multiverse.

Even though I haven't played it properly, I have to thank XerBlade for giving me the chance to watch FSN properly, and come to enjoy it as well. While most of my viewing was of the highlight scenes in the VN (Saber vs Gil in Fate, Gil vs Shirou and EMIYA vs Shirou in UBW among other scenes, Nine Lives Blade Works and Sparks Liner High in HF), there were many other scenes I watched that helped me grasp a lot of the story. Hell, I wish XerBlade's videos hadn't been taken down.

I'd like to thank Xerblade for saving me the trouble of trying every choice in Tsukihime or relying on the flowchart. Embarrassingly, it crashes a lot on my computer and the less scene transitions I have to go through experimenting with flags and routes, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Genderbent Musashi

- - - Updated - - -

Airheads but strong girls like Sanzang
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Genderbent Musashi

- - - Updated - - -

Airheads but strong girls like Sanzang
    Good taste, here.

I also like TM's good music, though in particular, I like the stuff Kajiura has composed, not to knock on Kawai or Fukasawa.

I also like TM's good music, though in particular, I like the stuff Kajiura has composed, not to knock on Kawai or Fukasawa.
    While I love Kajiura's stuff, I must admit I believe Kenji Kawai's take on EMIYA is the definitive version of the track. It's like he knew how to make every aspect of it more grandiose and epic than the original, and injected every ounce of effort he could to making it better than the original into that remix. It's like...idk how to describe it, I just get chills listening to that epic choir and those electric beats.

I personally like Fukasawa's UBW Emiya the best, probably because it was my first exposure to the piece, but also because it feels grand, yet the e minor key also makes it feel more hopeful than Kawai's version, evoking a sunrise, kind of like how UBW Shirou's UBW looks.

US Friend Code
    My favorite Emiya mix is actually Prillya's. Following that, DEEN's.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    My favorite Emiya mix is actually Prillya's. Following that, DEEN's.
    Prillya's mix is good for sure.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    OG UBW and F/ha UBW are the best. For me, nothing else has gotten close to those levels of kickassery.

That said, I won't say no to whatever new remixes are cooked up. EMIYA -time alter- is probably my no. 3.

- - - Updated - - -

4 is Prisma.

OG UBW and F/ha UBW are the best. For me, nothing else has gotten close to those levels of kickassery.

That said, I won't say no to whatever new remixes are cooked up. EMIYA -time alter- is probably my no. 3.

- - - Updated - - -

4 is Prisma.
    For me, 1 is Fukasawa, 2 is Prillya, 3 is Kawaii, and 4 is Time Alter.