Page 100 of 617 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Just add Ozy and we have Egypt territory to change things up. Also becuz I want to see Ozy meeting pharaoh Karna and pharaoh Gawain as well as his fox sister.
    It'd be like Camelot in a sense.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Just add Ozy and we have Egypt territory to change things up. Also becuz I want to see Ozy meeting pharaoh Karna and pharaoh Gawain as well as his fox sister.
    Also, I think he'd change his tune about Tamamo being the little sister when she releases enough tails.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Use the Moon Cell for an actual strategy game where you can choose a faction of HSs and command troops and all that

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Never said I wanted it, just think if any TM property could work it'd be Notes. I sure wouldn't watch one though.
    The only way Notes could be adapted to anything but what it already is would be in a one-act play with minimal props. That's the kind of story it is. Everything else, the apocalyptic battles, weird aliens, weirder "humans" in the A-Rays - they're interesting, but they're just backdrop. And it would be exactly the Hollywood thing to do to focus entirely on the backdrop and just tack on the actual story here and there inbetween the explosions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Unpopular opinion:

i like tamamo cat

she makes me laugh
    Tamacat is underrated but hardly unpopular.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Tamamo Cat is a bad meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Notes in a automata-story style stage play.

I would rather see a comfy shirt of Tsuki no Sango I guess

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Wow perpetual grimdark, such a good way of making story tiresome and monotone. Might as well make the characters have a panic attack and massive depression at the start of the story from the state of the world.

Even DC movies have been putting more jokes in to make things less dry.
    I am not arguing for forced grimdark, but rather, consistent tones. The idea that if you're going to make a joke, it'd be something you'd say/do in that situation, rather than something a fictional character that was well aware nothing bad would really happen would.

Korra had plenty of humor, and managed to take itself mostly seriously. It wasn't really dark or bad storytelling...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But FGO is tonally consistent.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Korra bored me to tears, so much I couldn't finish it.

I think we're never going to reach an agreement here, actually. One man's 'tonal consistence' is another's 'complete lack of variety in tone'.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    But FGO is tonally consistent.
    A waifu discussion has no place in an apocalyptic context. Maybe marriage or losing one's virginity. That's about it.

Korra bored me to tears, so much I couldn't finish it.

I think we're never going to reach an agreement here, actually. One man's 'tonal consistence' is another's 'complete lack of variety in tone'.
    I agree this is likely the reason.

Far from being satisfied, though, I think I know why I think it's inconsistent. I like when my humor scenes and serious contexts are kept firmly separate. This is why I often disliked things like GotG and BP, because the humor and plot were basically merged together. On the other hand, since the Flash separates both neatly and no hilarity takes place when a serious situation is developing, it feels the characters are having a realistic reaction to the events. Same with things like the 2010's Karate Kid, where the hilarious scenes develop in a different context and the serious ones have a weight to them that makes it clear you aren't meant to laugh at any point during those.

Almost certainly a case of "different strokes for different folks"...

JP Friend Code
    Name one instance where waifu discussion is brought up in the main story

Define "waifu discussion" first.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    You just praised anything about Karate Kid 2010, your opinion is automatically null and void. :P

Seriously though, the humor and how it works always will depend on the characters involved. The Guardians of the Galaxy making quips and wisecracks during situations of danger and imminent doom makes sense because they're hardened, callous to some degree or another, characters who can believably take heavy things lightly. Someone like Superman, on the other hand, being much more of a moralist and traditionally minded straight arrow, shouldn't be making fun light comments as long as there's an imminent threat to everyone he should be taking care of. He would think that kind of banter is out of place when there are more important and serious things to worry about, but wouldn't mind ribbing Lex Luthor once the danger has passed and he's flying him away to the jail, or having a light conversation with Lois after the fact.

Someone grimly serious like Batman wouldn't quip that much at any point (although several incarnations of Batman do have their own brands of dark dry humor about them) but they still can be the butt of the joke because often it's funnier the more serious the person things are happening to is.

In Fate, most Servants, by definition, are larger than life figures who already have trascended beyond us. For them, our conflicts are the kind of trivial trifle a demi-god would look down at. Granted, the Human History Incineration takes this to a whole new level when compared to mere Grail Wars, but still, a Servant is by nature detached enough as to amusedly comment on the happenings and their own larger than life desires as they navigate through danger, more often than not. They are supposed to be just that big, of sorts.

JP Friend Code
    ^Yes. Jokes in dire situations are not inherently bad if it's within the personality of the character who made that joke. Heck it would be completely out of character for those type of chars who will laugh and troll in dire situations to not make a joke. Remind me of Goro Majima in Ryu ga Gotoku series, the guy can crack a joke or do some funky shit right in the middle of a dire situation such as dismantling a freaking bomb, and everyone knew that would happen since that's a must for his character.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Goro Majima is more insane than just trying to be funny though. Like when he was bitten by a zombie and thought the only way to survive was to spend several days in a sauna sweating the virus out.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

FGO is consistent in its range of tones. It establishes its variety of moods in the prologue and only deviates from it into a little more darkness when things get more intense or into a little more whackiness during some events. FGO doesn't need to be consistent with FSN because they're different works, even if set in the same universe; just like how Phantom Blood is very different to Battle Tendency, and both are very unlike Stardust Crusaders, to say nothing of entries like Diamond is Unbreakable.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    whether you're the type who disassembles their cheeseburger to separate the parts they want from the parts they don't, or the type who just eats it as-is - it's still junk food
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Why wouldn't you just order your cheeseburger how you want it in the first place???

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I am not arguing for forced grimdark, but rather, consistent tones. The idea that if you're going to make a joke, it'd be something you'd say/do in that situation, rather than something a fictional character that was well aware nothing bad would really happen would.

Korra had plenty of humor, and managed to take itself mostly seriously. It wasn't really dark or bad storytelling...
    Then bring up an example where FGO makes jokes during serious moments againts the big bad, that is not during events that set it’s tone to comical from the start.

Because saying that they have to be serious all the time because humanity is gone in the background IS forcing grimdark. It’s like saying characters like spiderman can’t ever make quips because there is always someone in danger out there and he has no time to be funny because with great power comes great responsibility.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Why wouldn't you just order your cheeseburger how you want it in the first place???
    Have some mercy for the people who have to prepare it.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single