Page 151 of 617 FirstFirst ... 51101141146149150151152153156161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Yet he managed to still somehow get into the exact same place and even position as FSN Shirou to summon her? I dunno about that Nasu my boi. Although it is sweet how Archer Emiya thinks of her

I mean the summoning circle was in the shed so duh of course it happened there

There is no FSN timeline where Emiya Shirou does not live with sacrificing things and being hurt due to that, as a broken individual. Sacrificing the ideal and living it are essentially the same thing.

I feel like your arguments to attempt to differentiate HF from the other routes are essentially just avoiding the core facts of the matter.
    For Shirou, sacrificing the ideal and living it are complete opposites, because living his hero-of-justice ideal will only bring him misery, but he can achieve happiness by sacrificing it. The point isn't that HF Shirou is completely free from pain and sacrifice, the point is that he can (unlike hero-of-justice Shirou) find happiness by making others happy.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I dunno, I don't think that is the case because he doesn't suffer misery after Fate or UBW, where he follows through on the ideal, and just because he finds meaning in making Sakura happy, that doesn't mean he finds happiness. He just is stable and not spiralling downward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Since Ciel is obsessed with curry, and eats stuff like curry bread, what is Japanese curry like?
    Sweet, brown, thick, and served over rice

Blog Entries
    It can still be decently spicy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    If you want it that way, but it almost never will be as the default setting

Blog Entries
    It was still good!

even if I had to mime a little to get him to understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I dunno, I don't think that is the case because he doesn't suffer misery after Fate or UBW, where he follows through on the ideal,
    Of course he does. One of the big points of the Shirou-Archer fight is that his ideal is certainly going to make him miserable (he derives his happiness from others' happiness, but a hero of justice only sees the ugliness of humanity), but he'll follow through and live by it anyway because it's beautiful.
    and just because he finds meaning in making Sakura happy, that doesn't mean he finds happiness. He just is stable and not spiralling downward.
    Except, of course, that (a) Shirou derives his happiness from the happiness of others and (b) Shirou succeeds in making Sakura happy, so it follows that Shirou will be happy. In case you still don't believe me, Illya explicity says "Everyone's going to be as happy as they can get" about the ending of HF. You can say that being a hero of justice is beautiful, but you can't say it's a happier ending for Shirou than HF.

Except does it really follow that by making Sakura happy, Shirou is happy? A persistent fact about Shirou is even when he makes others happy, he cannot bring himself to feel joy because he feels he doesn't deserve it, so even if he's making Sakura happy, there's no guarantee Shirou is happy either, and his determination to make her happy is way more unhealthy than his determination to follow through with his ideals despite the consequences in UBW or to cherish the memory of Saber so as to fill his ideal as in Fate.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Except does it really follow that by making Sakura happy, Shirou is happy? A persistent fact about Shirou is even when he makes others happy, he cannot bring himself to feel joy because he feels he doesn't deserve it, so even if he's making Sakura happy, there's no guarantee Shirou is happy either,
    There's a good reason the first time Shirou is shown smiling on-screen is during the Rule Breaker scene: it's the first time he saves someone and makes them happy like he's always wanted to do. The author shows him happy and explicitly says he's happy, and I've explained why he would be happy. Why can't you accept that he's happy? (and of course he never gets over his I-don't-deserve-it schtick in Fate or UBW)
    and his determination to make her happy is way more unhealthy than his determination to follow through with his ideals despite the consequences in UBW or to cherish the memory of Saber so as to fill his ideal as in Fate.
    How so? Making Sakura happy is an obtainable goal that he actually obtains, and he ends up with a happy, relatively normal life as a result. His hero-of-justice ideal, on the other hand, will make him miserable and drive him to an early grave even in the "healthier" timelines where it doesn't turn him into Archer. "See, this is his end. See, this is your end."

Shirou substituting the heroic ideal with protecting Sakura has never really been implied to make Shirou any happier than he would be otherwise. There's nothing about the ideal itself that causes Shirou to lose any more sleep over it than having given it up. I am still not really seeing where this point of differentiation comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I mean the summoning circle was in the shed so duh of course it happened there
    im saying that he's even cornered in the same exact way by lancer, same positioning and same greeting of Arturia in the exact same circumstance. It doesnt seem like any variables changed at least up until he summoned her there and fought off lancer
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 5th, 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Shirou substituting the heroic ideal with protecting Sakura has never really been implied to make Shirou any happier than he would be otherwise. There's nothing about the ideal itself that causes Shirou to lose any more sleep over it than having given it up. I am still not really seeing where this point of differentiation comes in.
    It's explicitly stated in the final bonus Tiger Dojo that HF is as happy as it gets for Shirou.

I'm pretty sure I've said this more than once, but the thing about the hero-of-justice ideal is that it's perfectly incompatible with Shirou's personality: he wants to see the people around him be happy, but a hero of justice only sees ugliness and suffering. So, when he's devoted to his hero-of-justice ideal, he will be doing pretty much the exact opposite of what will make him happy. When he's devoting himself to helping make Sakura happy, though, his personality and his "ideal" align perfectly: he helps save Sakura, Sakura becomes happy, and that makes him happy.

In Fate, he sort of finds it in the figure of Saber, and in UBW, it's his determination to prove Archer wrong and Rin's companionship that would do it.

US Friend Code
    I personally prefer OG Saber's be Altria rather than Artoria/Arturia. I just don't understand why people keep on whining and complaining about something they have no control over. Type Moon made the character and thus they have final say in what her name is. Nothing the fans say or do is going to change that so stop whining already and move on!

Also I can't stand people who praise fate/zero but talk down on stay night.

It doesn't help that previous works have pronounced her name audibly as "Artoria", and Artoria is a feminine derivative of Artorius.

US Friend Code
    I think though that with the FGO english version being named Altria despite what the translators wanted and with the upcoming release of Extella Link they are being serious about her name officially being Altria. Also supported by the FGO Playstation VR game coming up has Altria in the official trailers. People just don't want to accept the truth for some stupid reason. Stupid thing to fight over honestly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYu View Post
    I think though that with the FGO english version being named Altria despite what the translators wanted and with the upcoming release of Extella Link they are being serious about her name officially being Altria. Also supported by the FGO Playstation VR game coming up has Altria in the official trailers. People just don't want to accept the truth for some stupid reason. Stupid thing to fight over honestly.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYu View Post
    Altria is stupid and it doesn't sound like a person name. You are the one that giving up too easily
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Wait till the Official English release in March. Then you can say if it is right or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Altria is stupid and it doesn't sound like a person name. You are the one that giving up too easily
    Maybe I don't care what her name is? Maybe I respect the wishes of the characters creater? MAYBE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE BITCHING AND MOANING ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE I SEE ALTRIA POP UP!? GROW UP PEOPLE! Nothing you say or do is going to change their minds and the sooner you realize it the sooner everyone can get this behind us! This isn't worth fighting over so why can't anybody simply respect Type Moon's decision on the matter?

Blog Entries
    The character’s creator has explicitly expressed the wish that her name be a feminized rendering of the Roman name Artorius, so if you really cared about them you’d have the gumption to stand up and gently let them know they’re spelling it wrong, and that a lack of English ability is nothing to be ashamed of since the Japanese school system is letting its students down with regards to foreign language education.

- - - Updated - - -

The Japanese explanation of authorial intent is iron-clad, everything else is just Engrish and bureaucracy tbh
    Citing a Japanese company’s opinion about English is the flimsiest possible argument