Page 2 of 617 FirstFirst 123471252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    oh, the death itself was pretty satisfing . And Lancer becae a fave of mine thanks to it, but the thing is not just how he died, but he barely did stuff in the whole rute besides the first church talk, that is common rute stuff, being attacked by Caster team, and came back to die in the same scene
    You got a point there, and well, all I can say is three routes and sandwiches.

We actually will benefit from more Saber.

Also Nero is less enjoyable to watch after the first 5 minutes.

I want to see more of Tamamo being a conniving asshole like she was in EXTELLA
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

It's sad that that opinion is somehow unpopular

maybe what i said about UBW have something to do with Gil being the final boss. As i said in the OP, i dont care so much about him

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I should phrase it better, the main cast I speak of is 'the 7 Master and Servant pair, + Gil', not the main character as in the main protagonist and antagonist. My sentiment comes from it is being a battle royal about 7 pair, and removing two pairs from the story/focus feels really wrong for me personally.
    I thought every route removed one-two pairs from focus. In Fate, Souchirou and Caster were killed off quickly, as was Archer. In UBW, you said it, and in HF, it's Lancer as well as Caster who are killed off real quickly. Also, Saber goes down early and becomes Alter, Archer sacrifices himself in short order, and Gil gets eaten by Dark Sakura. Also, about UBW, it's the only route where Gilgamesh, as opposed to Kirei, is the main antagonist, and that's honestly kind of refreshing?

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    We actually will benefit from more Saber.

I want to see more of Tamamo being a conniving asshole like she was in EXTELLA
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    maybe what i said about UBW have something to do with Gil being the final boss. As i said in the OP, i dont care so much about him
    I personally like that. I love genuinely hating the man, so his death by Shirou was satisfying. That, and Tomokazu Seki really brings him to life.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Last Encore is good.

Is it unpopular to say that Amakusa wasn't right all along? I'm unsure about that considering what some dingbats have been saying on the internet about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Is it unpopular to say that Amakusa wasn't right all along? I'm unsure about that considering what some dingbats have been saying on the internet about that.
    Honestly depends on your views of life/death
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I thought every route removed one-two pairs from focus. In Fate, Souchirou and Caster were killed off quickly, as was Archer. In UBW, you said it, and in HF, it's Lancer as well as Caster who are killed off real quickly. Also, Saber goes down early and becomes Alter, Archer sacrifices himself in short order, and Gil gets eaten by Dark Sakura. Also, about UBW, it's the only route where Gilgamesh, as opposed to Kirei, is the main antagonist, and that's honestly kind of refreshing?
    Caster get a scene where she almost killed Saber in Fate. I find Archer last stand against Berserker is a focus in itself.

Rider didn't meet a single Servant in UBW.

Lancer was always the guy that job but still doing cool, kinda his thing. We doesn't even learn anything about him besides being a cool dude in all 3 routes.

Saber goes down, but return as a climax villain. Shirou benefits from Archer's arm in HF.

Gil is also a climax villain in Fate.

Though, this mostly just 'they should do their death scene better' more than anything.

So it is quite evenly split down the middle then? Ok. Personally, I don't agree with Amakusa's definition of human salvation or free will.

maybe, but is not like how the story protrayed it. Even if he was always sympathetic, he was still the antagonist, the guy in the wrong that had to be stopped, while team Jeanne was portrayed as being right

Caster get a scene where she almost killed Saber in Fate. I find Archer last stand against Berserker is a focus in itself.

Lancer was always the guy that job but still doing cool, kinda his thing. We doesn't even learn anything about him besides being a cool dude in all 3 routes.

Saber goes down, but return as a climax villain. Shirou benefits from Archer's arm in HF.

Though, this mostly just 'they should do their death scene better' more than anything.
    I will agree about the Rider part. Souichirou just snapped her neck with apunch. Also, we learned Lancer has a respect for fiery women in UBW and we got to see more of him interacting with the main cast. Also, we learned that despite his lackadaisical nature, he takes his status as a hero very seriously, and if he feels like it, he will help those in need, like he did for Shirou and Rin and later Shirou and Saber. Also, I didn't say Gil got shafted in Fate, I just meant that in UBW , he was the final boss as opposed to Kirei, and his plan was the one explained in that route. Also, I specifically didn't count Alter as the same as Saber, and vanilla Saber still went down rather quickly.

yeah Also Lancer in HF had a very detailed death, even if it was early. In UBW, Rider was literally off screnned , and Illya had the first fight, wich is common rite despite the specifics like Archer being there, and then came back halfway just to die , with Shiro not havin an idea of who she was

- - - Updated - - -

I will agree about the Rider part. Souichirou just snapped her neck with apunch. Also, we learned Lancer has a respect for fiery women in UBW and we got to see more of him interacting with the main cast. Also, we learned that despite his lackadaisical nature, he takes his status as a hero very seriously, and if he feels like it, he will help those in need, like he did for Shirou and Rin and later Shirou and Saber. Also, I didn't say Gil got shafted in Fate, I just meant that in UBW , he was the final boss as opposed to Kirei, and his plan was the one explained in that route. Also, I specifically didn't count Alter as the same as Saber, and vanilla Saber still went down rather quickly.

They were more like a tag team final boss in Fate , wich makes sense considering the fourth war

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Personally, finding his preverence of women is not really that important for me, and his hero thing feels already tackled during Fate (the part where he let Saber and Shirou go), but I should give a credit that UBW is the only route where Lancer actually interact with people outside being a participant in HGW.

The difference between how Gil portrayed in Fate vs Kirei portrayed in UBW, while both are treated not as the main antagonist (as in, pulling the string) in those two routes, Gil still served as a boss you fight in the climax, while Kirei gets taken out unceremoniously.

Personally, finding his preverence of women is not really that important for me, and his hero thing feels already tackled during Fate (the part where he let Saber and Shirou go), but I should give a credit that UBW is the only route where Lancer actually interact with people outside being a participant in HGW.

The difference between how Gil portrayed in Fate vs Kirei portrayed in UBW, while both are treated not as the main antagonist (as in, pulling the string) in those two routes, Gil still served as a boss you fight in the climax, while Kirei gets taken out unceremoniously.
    I'll give it to you on the latter. However, I think Lancer's respect for strong/feisty women gave him a level of depth in my opinion that went beyond participant in a Grail War. That, and he was the funniest wingman in that route. Also, when I referred to taking his position as a hero very seriously, I refer more to his second fight with Archer, where he takes offense that Archer doesnt have the pride of a hero. Also, the respect he showed for Rin during that fight made me like him. He honestly was a better ally than Archer.

JP Friend Code
    Lolis are fine.

US Friend Code
    So it is quite evenly split down the middle then? Ok. Personally, I don't agree with Amakusa's definition of human salvation or free will.
    Well his definition is the christian one when one looks on it, Eternal life and all that in Heaven(if Heaven can be taken as a spiritual state). What he was trying to do though was trying to bring it about to early, without all the stuff in between.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Gil in hf just gets killed unceremoniously though while Kirei ends up the final boss.

Across all the routes I don't think one ends up better than the other
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff