Page 303 of 618 FirstFirst ... 203253293298301302303304305308313353403 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 12355

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    welgome to finland sagura chang :-DDDDD

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Thought experiments are fun, but imo you're wasting your time here. Kariya was pretty much doomed from the start:

1) He needs power to save Sakura, but no way to get that quickly (presumably if he had any political clout he would have used it much earlier) but Zouken

2) After Zouken has wormed him up, he's pretty much a dead man walking with a rapidly decaying mind, which sharply limits his options.
    3)Considering he didn't instantly order Lancelot to make Zouken shishkebab, we can assume he can't go directly against the old man directly even as a Master.
    4) His pride precludes him from getting outside help from pretty much the only other person who might give a shit (Tokiomi)

So really, the only things he COULD have done differently was lay in a ditch and die quietly instead of an eleventh hour attempt to "take back" Aoi, but considering his mind was already in shambles by then, he didn't exactly have the best grasp on reality. He's Butcher's signature tragic figure: All of his choices were the best he could have made, he didn't really make a mistake anywhere, he even had noble intentions to begin with, but he still got dealt a shit hand.

About the only thing that could change his fate would probably be someone else doing something differently (like Kerry or Waver taking an interest in the mysterious master of Berserker sooner, or Tokiomi deciding to check up on his daughter at any point), but even then he'd probably end up fighting them and die. Only difference would be that he might achieve his (stated) goal to save Sakura post-mortem.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 15th, 2019 at 05:23 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Yeah this whole thread is indeed terrible

Its my secret guilty pleasure

JP Friend Code
    Well, Kiritsugu could be of help, given his own family struggles. But he's only began to give a damn at the very end, so there's that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Kiritsugu also ruined his own life so its for the best they never met

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Whatever he might say when asked, he's at least smart enough to recognise that reconquering the known world is a pipe dream.
    There is absolutely zero evidence for this.

Also, he absolutely did just rip his way through the door to the library when he realised he couldn't ghost out carrying his books. See: A conqueror marches out with his head held high, and all that.

Thinking about it, you do raise an interesting point: How much of his dismissive/condescending attitude towards Saber is because of that ancient Greek dismissiveness/condescension towards women? First scene he interacts with her, he's all "Ooh, to think the King of Knights would be a little girl", and then at the bridge he goes "That light is a little girl having taken everyone's dreams upon herself".
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I also tought why, if Tokiomi considered the edelfelt in Apo timeline , why he just didnt send her with them in the FSN timeline? I guess the matous have a given spot in the grail war and he wanted her stay in fuyuki. Again, a somewhat good intention that ended really bad

IIRC Zouken contacted him (or Byakuya did on Zoukens behalf?). It would've been just too convenient, together with not having to arrange a plane ticket or anything.

Also, if I understand it, Apo doesn't go into much/any detail about how the adoption went down. If Tokiomi had to contact the Edelfelts himself and convince them, then the Matous would've been an easier option in that regard as well.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; October 15th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.

Sending a little japanese girl who speaks neither english nor finnish to finland is not the first choice, I’d presume.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Apoc's third war went differently than FSN's, so maybe the Tohsaka/Edelfet relationship is better there. Especially since the Apoc Tohsakas are doing kung fu magecraft instead of cribbing off the Edelfet's gemcraft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Sending a little japanese girl who speaks neither english nor finnish to finland is not the first choice, I’d presume.
    everyone drinks a lot, suicide rates are high, you're right next to russia

a japanese could do far worse than finland
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post

a japanese could do far worse than finland
    Daaaaaaamn i always wondered why finland is so overrepresented in anime despite severe lack of irl clout, you have opened my eyes.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    That's...surprisingly similar to what she's ended up with.

[QUOTE=Deathhappens;3019402]

Conquering most of the (then) known world, actually uniting it under your banner, and spreading your cultural influence so far and so deep that people thousands of miles from your birthplace to this day claim to be related to you sounds like quite a success, to me. Plus there's this whole "The Great" thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You're referring to Alexander's status, not the success they measure themselves with. Aside from the anger that a servant would reverse history, which is the only valid point of Alexander's argument, his argument is " Yeah it must have been great to be under you, but you didn't guide your people". Alexander was making the case of pragmatism over ideals. Yet, he does not have the results, the basis of his argument. He's a hypocrite. To be under Artoria is to be under temporary comfort before a fall. To be under Alexander is to be under a tyrant under a shitty rule, and still face the fall. Alexander is contending feelings with feelings disguised as pragmatism.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    [QUOTE=I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm;3019661]

Conquering most of the (then) known world, actually uniting it under your banner, and spreading your cultural influence so far and so deep that people thousands of miles from your birthplace to this day claim to be related to you sounds like quite a success, to me. Plus there's this whole "The Great" thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You're referring to Alexander's status, not the success they measure themselves with. Aside from the anger that a servant would reverse history, which is the only valid point of Alexander's argument, his argument is " Yeah it must have been great to be under you, but you didn't guide your people". Alexander was making the case of pragmatism over ideals. Yet, he does not have the results, the basis of his argument. He's a hypocrite. To be under Artoria is to be under temporary comfort before a fall. To be under Alexander is to be under a tyrant under a shitty rule, and still face the fall. Alexander is contending feelings with feelings disguised as pragmatism.
    You're the one missing the point. Iskandar outright tells Waver that he has achieved immortality through being recorded in history when they visit the library, so considering how his name has been immortalized in basically every culture he encountered, even he would see his legacy as mostly a success.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    You're the one missing the point. Iskandar outright tells Waver that he has achieved immortality through being recorded in history when they visit the library, so considering how his name has been immortalized in basically every culture he encountered, even he would see his legacy as mostly a success.
    I mean, by this metric he can't in all honesty berate Saber for her failures, because who hasn't heard of King Arthur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I certainly learnt of him and the likes of robin and Sherlock long before I'd learnt about Alexander the great
    Last edited by mami-kouga; October 17th, 2019 at 02:19 AM.

Dherlocklong is def the goat historical figure imo

Blog Entries
    It's a pity Lancelot was the inarticulate, shrieking, face-stomping flavor of Berserker.

I'm not big on the wave of talkative 'zerkers in spinoffs, but if it's going to be a thing, I might have liked to see Lancelot hunting down Alexander and talking up the greatness of King Arthur after he heard Alex was talking shit.

The more I think about it, the more I might have liked to see Lancelot comment on things in general. Like how he understands and pities Diarmuid, feels horror that a freakshow like Gilles was allowed to walk among the living again, warns Kariya that getting tunnel vision for a single woman tends to end badly for literally everyone involved, etc.

I know it makes for a shocking reveal and suits his self-flagellating nature, but it seems like a waste to treat him as a generic boss monster for 99% of his screentime.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Agreed. I'd prefer that Berserkers still remain Berserker-y, but even if Kariya shared a few dream sequences with Lancelot to give his opinion, I think it'd go over nicely.