Page 316 of 617 FirstFirst ... 216266306311314315316317318321326366416 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Oh, okay then.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Hey now, you're going too far; Last Encore was alright.
    I feel like the problem with the last encore is that you can't fully appreaciate it if you are not immersed into extra's stuff. as watching from the viewpoint of it being a ''what if femc loses'' mindset makes it quite enjoyable to explore the outcome of such possibility

that and nero being serious in there. the one and only emperor of rome
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 18th, 2019 at 02:45 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    This is the worst hot take I've read all year, oh my.

just wow
    You would think that a message that starts with ''to dullahan'' would be a rather sentimental letter rather than a ''public critique'' but chances beats the odds in this place, so there is that.

If you're gonna judge it as something else. then you may as well do it properly, here it is:

Main critique:

Why are there two Guda?

At least in the extraverse, hakunon deal was explained but as far as my knowledge goes; Gudako and Gudao deal hasn't been tackled through at all since the launch of the game; they are just there, no background to their families or who they are, why do they share the same name and why does one happen when the other is not around or how does that happen in the first place, it's kind of a plot hole.

why the guy who wants to protect the presen't doesn't commit seppuku in here; why would it changes from the other timeline to this without a proper cause that explain the divergion; why it wouldn't happen like the other timelines where he commit seppuku. sometimes, the quantum kind of multiverse that is the nasuverse goes a bit too far by creating universes out of possibilities without giving them proper causes at why they would happen in the first place despite the verse being limited, but then again, like how apo diverge based on those events par example which we don't get to see for Grand order

and while some may argue that him simply not doing that is by in and out of itself a clear cause and explanation that doesn't answer why would that be the case.

Par example, we know for a fact that the reason apocryppha happens is because avenger wasn't summoned but what caused avenger not to be summoned exactly the kind of question being put here for why levi doesn't just die.

Then again, some info may have slipped me by since i'm not exactly caught up with lostbelts

The writing in the broad sense is medicore. Few bits good here and there are not going to redeem the whole thing the same way a few chapters from a bad manga are not gonna save it.

There is nothing interesting about it when looked at from a purely story viewpoint, all we hear is chaldea plan failed and there is no back up plan because no one expected someone to try and fail it up from the inside (''mind boggling''); then fuyuki this and that with a plot twist (levi being the mastermind)

Mashu beating up the franks defensively or offensively because she couldn't use her brain for a moment and by the time she did. it was indeed too late for those poor soliders, that she could speak french that is. right before jeanne appearing and revealing her deal and that thing about her being strangely regarded as a witch. followed suit by that shimmick about worry not for I (the saint) shall save thou even if it costs me my life happened. afterwards:

could it be an other me would be evil.
    you're not me and i'm not you war of mental gymanstics
    neither are saints and should agree that (blue eys rapist should be burned at a special hell) all are humans thus need to be forgiven. you're not me and I'm not you mental gymanstics.

nero: I am the emperor and the only one even if I have to break the flow of time itself and don't you dare question it or else. and my uncle is a wincest-taku. pretty much

that and discovering divine spirits are impossibly possible to be summoned without true magic

seas being instable > sailing off somewhere in some out in the nowhere island > camping in there > the gang finding their way out> teaming up > friendly fire > teaming up more > going for pedobear blackbeard > win > round 2 > jason > medea backstabbin > a pillar-like monster as a boss that is neither a demon or a god.

dusty city, robot cops and dead kids hunting industrial london with shinji great ancestor behind it which makes perfect sense.

a branch of indo europeans invading the world down to the last nation (yeah but why america?) versus a funny valentine lion-head who has a half-good plan to save the world but would fail eventually if he doesn't team up with the MCs and when they do; it resuslts in a very plot convenient progression where 1 OP servant can clean the dust with 27~ pillars and a dimensional wizard appearing out of nowhere because shenanigans

Then there is the cliché of side antaognists idioctically falling for the same tricks every time, fighting the MCs individually most of the time and leaving their boss all alone at the end. instead of coming up with counter plans and always having back ups to their boss in the case an unexpected thing happened and/or they decided to go for their boss instead.

but I suppose being smart would end the story right there and then as it is, so there is that.

it's the same thing across all singularities with the exception of Babylonia and kinda camelot.

the plot convenience can become over-bearing sometimes, like how almost no characters get personally invested or skeptic about what's happening nor what what they are being told.

There are designs that make no sense when you take context into consideration like sanzang whom is supposedly a buddhist yet wears a set of clothes that would be in an orthodox sense, prohibited for being too revealing and other similar instances unless she's a member of kiara's school of thought but I kinda doubt that

servants being able to costumise their looks is not an excuse for this particular one unfortunately

There are no explanations or descriptions to how they are able to pull off the feats to they are supposed to have done which leaves too much to be imagined or destired for that matter.

hopefully future adaptations might shade light on this (the manga kinda fail at this), blame lack of budget at the beginning and lack of animation and/or proper scenes like in FSN.

as you would have noticed, I have little to no problem with how camelot and babylonia were written.

the issue about why it's mostly written bad (which is to be expected since it's mainly a compilation of anthology works) is because all we get are either servants related people or servants themselves who rarely get their already established lore and original characterization revamped and/or challenged without it risking the characters regressing.

Almost all invovled characters serve the purpose of being conveniently invovled and/or summoned without any proper developments and upgrades to existing establishments.

which is quite the waste since you could have them in settings that can challenge their flaws as characters and have them improve and get more depth and nuace to them in the future. The idea of having them just interact with one another is simply inadequate

There is nothing wholesomely intricate about it, it's apo N.2 after all but I guess it's better than nothing.

side critque:

gameplay :

it's barely any different from your typical dull gacha gameplay. the player being the support for the chacters, left to right and/or right to left combat. choose a set of out of several ways of attacking the enemy from debuffing to buffing yourself through each character individually and manually or have it work automatically

so it's a given at how grand order gameplay works.

It barely follows the lore and apply it

The leveling up = bonding thing makes no sense, and just exists as a filler to something they couldn't come up with properly in how to have players level up and have their servants be relative

You don't, those two don't correlate to each other. If you want to then you may as well make it a dating sim. It would be better off if the leveling up was about the masters themselves rather than the servants

The gameplay is overly simple and there's nothing serious about it. it's just you fighting against dumb NPs with different ways: buster, arts, and quick with each one of them representing: a lot of damage turns, more turns, turn off turns and then items you can use to debuff or buff

and it being a no PVP is just no fun since playing against others and putting yourself to test is at least a satisfying entertainment; this can't be excused since this is not a ''solo video game''. It would have been quite entertaining if you could use your stuff against other players with the condition of not having to actually lose items in friendly matchs and and in the grand scheme of things, make a reward through players' tournaments or something alike.

Quality of illustrations and graphics:

-The medium's (phone version) quality is mostly subpar, and I say because most of the content are low quality tier and/or almost budgetless. they are all set in 1 dimensional background with the quality of a budgetless VN. the background are few and inbetween that they feel as if they were actually walking around the scenes.

the NPs animations get so many updates because of jus that. and while there are fairly some good if not excellent ones out there, they are so few and inbetween.

I suppose the arcade version is a mediator to that issue but the probability of itgetting ported to PCs or the moble version is getting updated to that is as me hoping to invent a spaceship with just a computer science phd. fairly low

shenanigans:

-Collab events are just that, ''collabs'' but them being intergrated through special events like solomon is quite asinine to bare witness.

it puts the legitmacy of said events into question by treating gag elements seriously like MHX. quite the face palm tbh

-Continuing the issue of making NPs out of censorship and/or out of context even though that's not their original NPs and/or way of functioning works. (berkerlot) (amakusa) (kiara) and the list goes on

note: mashu calling guda her senior is something I find personally quite the nuisance (and whilst generic since this is nihon w're talking about) it just keeps hitting you in the face with it at every turn. you would think she should be his senior, not the other way around.

not necessarily a bad thing since it could be a mental gimmick to her

and lastely but not lastely: lewding the characters in a sex (gender) inbalanced way. you may as well take my idea about the dating sim and really implant it. with arcade on the horizen that doesn't seem far off

wasn't gonna mention this but meh:

I feel that since people are maliciously interested at why I criticised Grand order for being a self insert

it's simple, it doesn't work.

Self insert games in the first place only work the best when it's multi optional and the game is pretty costumizable without any canonical constraints. point on case

Skyrim, as the game developers reject the notion of canonicity and instead adovate the players to percieve the game as being an interpretation from different tales

In contrast, stuff like link where the character has been established as a person and is under canonical constraits makes this incompatible

Zelda developers takes this so far that they wouldn't even answer what the links' names are. or allow them to say anything more than ''come on''. and play the silent protag role so the players can feel more comforty about imposing as someone else

Grand order does what zelda does but takes it a step far worse. it would be better of if ritsuka were their own selves had they been well written like the tales of zestaria par example.

edit: since i'm spacing it out, I might as well revise it.

edit N2: done, this didn't happen

all spaced out, types fixed and some stuff were paraphrased. that's all

TLDR: I think grand order is dumpster fire , like any other gacha mobage is. doesn't mean people can't like it, and that is my current stance about it.
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 18th, 2019 at 04:39 AM.
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Please rewrite in proper English, not nonsense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Post this on reddit, it will make a good laugh.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Please rewrite in proper English, not nonsense.
    ask before you shoot my dude, the forum despaced it out and i'm working out in spacing it out since minutes ago. ''patience''
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a nice opinion, only shame is that others have to see it in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by migliole View Post
    Post this on reddit, it will make a good laugh.
    Yeah. You're guaranteed to have a lot of downvotes, but also probably a lot more replies and discussions compare to posting here.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    It's a nice opinion, only shame is that others have to see it in the first place.
    I know which is why I want to shoot myself in the head sicne I either had to delete it and accept that others saw it (which probably caused them seizures) and post it later or fix it as soon as possible.

clearly the latter didn't work out too well for me..

I will now go watch gorey stuff about anthromorphic forum san, quite literally to avenge my honor.

P.S Tobias, fix that damn issue. yours turly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Yeah. You're guaranteed to have a lot of downvotes, but also probably a lot more replies and discussions compare to posting here.
    I almost never go to reddit since I don't like the idea of a place ran by popularity. This place is fine; in fact, its calmness and steady response is heavenly. they do say best of stuff are the ones that come as the fewest after all.

and also, (again) sorry for making you see that eye boggling wall text since I thought fixing it would have taken me a few minutes not almost half an hour. would be nice if save points didn't see this and shame me for it
    Last edited by Wallacia; November 18th, 2019 at 04:41 AM.
    Spoiler:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    If you think there is a single forum setting in existence that doesn't have its own popularity ratings, you delude yourself. Reddit just makes them visible (and buries "unpopular" opinions to better facilitate the circlejerking that is the real purpose of most fora to begin with). If you want a place where your ideas will be judged by their merit alone and not, say, by your ridiculous Madara avatar, try an anonymous imageboard. But you'll still have to learn to express them properly and not stream-of-thought.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Ok fishrin

Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    I feel like the problem with the last encore is that you can't fully appreaciate it if you are not immersed into extra's stuff. as watching from the viewpoint of it being a ''what if femc loses'' mindset makes it quite enjoyable to explore the outcome of such possibility

that and nero being serious in there. the one and only emperor of rome
    The problem with Last Encore is that it's a soft-reboot. Who's it for? Anyone new will be confused that very little of the backstory is not shown, with constant references to it. Anyone who's played or seen a playthrough of Fate/Extra knows this is a "sequel" that's a retread of the original, which for some reason, wasn't a direct adaptation. Also, Nero as the servant doesn't help. Both Tamamo and Nameless have better potential interactions with the story. Tamamo because of her connection to Twice, and Nameless because the entire arena is based off his past loosely, not to mention the potential expansion of interaction between him and Gawain. Nero is just..............there giving her backstory and giving Hakuno a pep talk. Nero desperately needed an opponent like Elizabeth to have greater investment, but she only appears in CCC.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Believe It's Not A NoblePhantasm View Post
    Who's it for?
    Q: And you, Nasu-san?

Nasu: I always try to push myself to the limit...if I have ten bags, I try to make ten ideas to fit them. And then if I still have ideas left over, I think about making new bags to fit them in. I end up with a lot leftover...part of me really wants to give the users a great experience, but I know that these days, people don't spend one or two weeks on games. I know it's good to make something that can be finished quickly and enjoyed all the way through, but I've always been a stuffer.
    Taking the structure and characters of Extra, applying the the unused details and designs you get in Extra mats, then adding a touch of Melty. Finally, slightly inverting all of it to make a new series.
    They made this for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

They made it for 'You'
    makes u think

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    If you think there is a single forum setting in existence that doesn't have its own popularity ratings, you delude yourself. Reddit just makes them visible (and buries "unpopular" opinions to better facilitate the circlejerking that is the real purpose of most fora to begin with). If you want a place where your ideas will be judged by their merit alone and not, say, by your ridiculous Madara avatar, try an anonymous imageboard. But you'll still have to learn to express them properly and not stream-of-thought.
    alright, I do consider you one of the reliable people but your pfp just makes it muzukashi to take you seriously..alrighty
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how unpopular this is, but I find the world building of the Nasuverse much more interesting than the character development.
    This would be one of the reasons I would not like Fate works as much (FGO being the most hated one because of it) as they focus too much on characters rather progressing with the universe as a whole.

Where is my thick novel about Notes.

Blog Entries
    lol are you kidding
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    wait, what did ​you like
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    wait, what did ​you like
    I liked all.

I’m not sure where to start in a response.

jusr uh?