Page 3 of 272 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 5421

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

  1. #41
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors TheSeaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Lolis are fine.

    lolis are welcome, but tongue kisses with elementary school girls like in prillya. yuck

  2. #42
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Well his definition is the christian one when one looks on it, Eternal life and all that in Heaven(if Heaven can be taken as a spiritual state). What he was trying to do though was trying to bring it about to early, without all the stuff in between.
    Yeah, I know his definition was the medieval Catholic definition of free will, essentially the idea that free will is to automatically do as God wills without being distracted/straying away by corrupt authorities.

  3. #43
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    33,155
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Under the TM paradigm Amakusa is plain wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

  4. #44
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    8,362
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ciel is a bland character.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

  5. #45
    Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    35,383
    Blog Entries
    12
    thats unpopular for a reason
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

  6. #46

  7. #47
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,908
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, I know his definition was the medieval Catholic definition of free will, essentially the idea that free will is to automatically do as God wills without being distracted/straying away by corrupt authorities.
    Kinda yeah. Amakusa believes that humanity is inherently evil, that no matter the situation they will destroy all the good things they possess and harm themselves, thus he believes of bringing about the salvation prematurely thus take away the option of humans being able to destroy themselves. His views on it is pragmatic and shows his lost of faith in humanity after the betrayals in his life, though I should mention that what he wants to achieve is really a good thing, it’s just humanity must get their through their own effort not anyone elses. Really the end goal for humanity in Fate is a mix between Buddhism Nirvana and Christians idea of the World to Come.

    also as for unpopular opinion. I like Scathach. That’s about it. The reason I like has partially I really liked her trial quest and I find it a pity the rest of her writing in GO doesn’t reflect that but I also like her from HA, where you get a better sympathy to her situation when you consider it a parallel to Bazzet’s as Cu hints out.

    also I like every Servant and every concept of there’s. I mostly wish that everyone’s concept can get fully explored and realize and only get irritated with Servants when I see them get development for little reason compared to others.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  8. #48

    My Opinion (tm)

    Fate route is really good because of its simplicity rather than in spite of it

    UBW route isn't very good until you get into the climax of the Emiya stuff

    Heaven's Feel has good pacing

    the cooking scenes are great

    the Moon Cell is a shitty setting and the only time it's really good is CCC

    Last Encore wasn't that bad

    Rin's adventure in Zero was a good episode

    Ciel is best Tsuki girl

    mapo tofu is a shitty meme but the CG and the scene in the HF movie are good

    Overlooking View is one of the best KnK movies

    3rei isn't very good because it's stuck trying to be a mainline entry rather than a spinoff but doesn't have the intrigue to do so and it's just not as entertaining as when it's trying to be a slice of life or a Fate-flavored mahou shoujo, the Oath Under Snow movie is a drag and the arc in general just isn't that interesting, especially compared to the characters at play now in 3rei which, despite my complaints, are more fun to watch than a flashback

    the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1

    the CCC OP is the best OP in the entire franchise (I say this because Super Affection, the Vita OPs and the Zero OPs are usually floated around as the best, though I really like them too)

    the Tsukihime anime OP is the worst OP in the entire franchise (I say this because right now it's popular to bash on the Last Encore one as the worst), with the Extra game OP as a close second and the PS2 OPs as slightly more distant third/fourth/fifth

    Nero's voice is good

    Camelot is good but it's not the best thing since CCC and certainly not since HA

    All-Around Type-Moon is kinda boring, a far cry from Take Moon and especially Carnival Phantasm
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 12th, 2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spacing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One

  9. #49
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Kinda yeah. Amakusa believes that humanity is inherently evil, that no matter the situation they will destroy all the good things they possess and harm themselves, thus he believes of bringing about the salvation prematurely thus take away the option of humans being able to destroy themselves. His views on it is pragmatic and shows his lost of faith in humanity after the betrayals in his life, though I should mention that what he wants to achieve is really a good thing, it’s just humanity must get their through their own effort not anyone elses. Really the end goal for humanity in Fate is a mix between Buddhism Nirvana and Christians idea of the World to Come.

    also as for unpopular opinion. I like Scathach. That’s about it. The reason I like has partially I really liked her trial quest and I find it a pity the rest of her writing in GO doesn’t reflect that but I also like her from HA, where you get a better sympathy to her situation when you consider it a parallel to Bazzet’s as Cu hints out.

    also I like every Servant and every concept of there’s. I mostly wish that everyone’s concept can get fully explored and realize and only get irritated with Servants when I see them get development for little reason compared to others.
    I personally don't even like Amakusa's end goal because as Lelouch from Code Geass put it best, humanity would have no future, and it would simply stagnate. Also, what's the joy in a life where everyone's souls are immortal for eternity? Furthermore, it eliminates any choice to do good, which makes good meaningless.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Fate route is really good because of its simplicity rather than in spite of it, UBW route isn't very good until you get into the climax of the Emiya stuff, Heaven's Feel has good pacing, the cooking scenes are great, the Moon Cell is a shitty setting and the only time it's really good is CCC, Last Encore wasn't that bad, Rin's adventure in Zero was a good episode, Ciel is best Tsuki girl, mapo tofu is a shitty meme but the CG and the scene in the HF movie are good, Overlooking View is one of the best KnK movies, 3rei isn't very good because it's stuck trying to be a mainline entry rather than a spinoff but doesn't have the intrigue to do so and it's just not as entertaining as when it's trying to be a slice of life or a Fate-flavored mahou shoujo, the Oath Under Snow movie is a drag and the arc in general just isn't that interesting, especially compared to the characters at play now in 3rei which, despite my complaints, are more fun to watch than a flashback, the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1, the CCC OP is the best OP in the entire franchise, the Tsukihime anime OP is the worst OP in the entire franchise (I say this because right now it's popular to bash on the Last Encore one as the worst), with the Extra game OP as a close second and the PS2 OPs as slightly more distant third/fourth/fifth, Nero's voice is good, Camelot is good but it's not the best thing since CCC and certainly not since HA.
    I too like Rin's Excellent Adventure, and the cooking scenes are definitely popular. I mean why would they have a whole spinoff about Shirou cooking otherwise?

  10. #50
    I usually see them tossed around as a meme reason for why HF isn't that good, so I added them cause I really like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One

  11. #51
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    I usually see them tossed around as a meme reason for why HF isn't that good, so I added them cause I really like them.
    Considering how grim HF can get, it'd do to have SOME lighthearted scenes. Otherwise it'd be like freaking Vento Aureo, just grim fight after fight with barely any rest.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    the Prillya anime in general doesn't look that good beyond some pretty fight scenes in s1
    Among what people is this an unpopular opinion. People slag off Prillya's animation all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.
    Heaven's Feel Manga Archive

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Among what people is this an unpopular opinion. People slag off Prillya's animation all the time.
    People on anime boards usually praise s1 and zwei as well animated and directed. I differ on both counts, though I do like the fight choreography in the midpoint of s1.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Considering how grim HF can get, it'd do to have SOME lighthearted scenes. Otherwise it'd be like freaking Vento Aureo, just grim fight after fight with barely any rest.
    I mean, I don't find them to be particularly lighthearted as the route goes on. I took them more as moments to reflect on what's happened. I also don't think Vento Aureo is particularly frantic beyond the timeframe that doesn't translate very well to manga, even in binge reading and especially compared to 7 and 8.
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; September 12th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One

  14. #54
    死徒 Dead Apostle Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    I find 3rei great outside of the Prillya Shirou flashbacks.

    Magni Beatrice stuff actually made me feel like I was reading something with the right flavor of a Nasu fight. Which is more than I can say of almost any other spin off.

    But Prillya Shirou is just a watered down Heavens Feel without any of the investment that makes it great. So that stuff was all pretty boring. That’s my unpopular opinion.

  15. #55
    Knight of 'Sumanai' Iceblade44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    East Coast of the USA
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,908
    US Friend Code
    260,781,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I personally don't even like Amakusa's end goal because as Lelouch from Code Geass put it best, humanity would have no future, and it would simply stagnate. Also, what's the joy in a life where everyone's souls are immortal for eternity? Furthermore, it eliminates any choice to do good, which makes good meaningless.
    Yes humanity would have no future if Amakusa went with what he was planning, but just to note that in the Nasuverse that end goal of his is a universal one. Humanity will reach that state someday, but they can only achieve through their own will and it will be when they have traveled through the stars. That end goal is as I said a mix between Buddhism’s Nirvana(Personal choice brings enlightenment and escape from the cycle of life and death) but applied to a species scale living in a situation similar to the Christian idea of the World to Come(Resurrection of the died, humanity leaving their mortal coils behind becoming purely spiritual and thus living an Eternal Life in Paradise). All of that is really a good end, just Amakusa wanted to do that when no one had actually achieved enlightenment yet and have reached the furthest they could gone thus causing humans to go stagnant.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; September 12th, 2018 at 04:37 PM.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"


    anywhere than here

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I find 3rei great outside of the Prillya Shirou flashbacks.

    Magni Beatrice stuff actually made me feel like I was reading something with the right flavor of a Nasu fight. Which is more than I can say of almost any other spin off.

    But Prillya Shirou is just a watered down Heavens Feel without any of the investment that makes it great. So that stuff was all pretty boring. That’s my unpopular opinion.
    Beatrice is good, she's probably my favorite 3rei character. I don't really like the "setup" (the part that was adapted as the 3rei anime) either, but it's more interesting than Oath Under Snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One

  17. #57
    死徒 Dead Apostle Menwearpink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    600
    Humanity will achieve that goal someday but they also have a destined end due to the Sixth. The path to surviving and making it to the next stage seems a bit too hard!

    I wonder if we’ll ever actually get more on the Sixth.

  18. #58
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Yes humanity would have no future if Amakusa went with what he was planning, but just to note that in the Nasuverse that end goal of his is a universal one. Humanity will reach that state someday, but they can only achieve through their own will and it will be when they have traveled through the stars. That end goal is as I said a mix between Buddhism’s Nirvana(Personal choice brings enlightenment and escape from the cycle of life and death) but applied to a species scale living in a situation similar to the Christian idea of the World to Come(Resurrection of the died, humanity leaving their mortal coils behind becoming purely spiritual and thus living an Eternal Life in Paradise). All of that is really a good end, just Amakusa wanted to that when no one had actually achieved enlightenment yet and have reached the further they could go thus causing humans to stagnant.
    Cool. I honestly think Nasu is a little too Enlightenment focused then in that case. Progress is good and all, but I honestly don't believe there is an end goal or a perfect state for humanity.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Humanity will achieve that goal someday but they also have a destined end due to the Sixth. The path to surviving and making it to the next stage seems a bit too hard!

    I wonder if we’ll ever actually get more on the Sixth.
    But wouldn't humanity invent the Sixth Magic in response to it?

  19. #59
    Will we ever know of freedom? RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Grace Field House
    Age
    51
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,043
    Sieg was a good protagonist.

  20. #60
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Sieg was a good protagonist.
    Now THAT is a textbook unpopular opinion. Also, Atalanta/Atalante x Achilles is squicky to me because Atalante was basically an aunt of his. Not by blood, but in the family friend sense.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •