Page 282 of 617 FirstFirst ... 182232272277280281282283284287292332382 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    Well, Moriarty's bio has a bit what says he's knew about Clocktower, just tried to stay away from them. If he's fictional, why specify such thing? Also the takeaway from Holmes' quest I had is "What we believe is fictional is kinda real and there are proofs,hidden for the sake of preservation of Mystery". But then we got Charle\Karl thing so the clusterfuck thickens.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    But then we got Charle\Karl thing so the clusterfuck thickens.
    But isn't that just the "more positive" version of Dracula/Vlad or Carmilla/Elizabeth? Of course, Nobunaga's Demon King legend was spread by the person him/herself when alive.

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    @dullahan

No joke about what I'm about to say, I'm starting to relate to your immense detest for Grand order, The story makes no sense when you think about it in the broader sense which is that it's about time shifters saving timelines from timeline altering threats that threaten other timelines because timelines shenanigans.

All happening under the deployed plot by a mastermind wannabe/OP mascot with he and his fellas turning all on when one is and switching turns when one is done for because his master didn't bother to make an all-accounting safety measure for the time when he will be gone.

Literally, The Mcs are self-insert characters. even Link is better than that, nuff said.

did I mention that the story sometimes make no sense by including gag characters within the plot instead of separating them through the gameplay and the cutscenes (besides interludes) and processed to make the players believe they are the actual MC's and that their decisions are canonical to the actual plot when it's clearly, absolutely, truthfully, not. You are not ritsuki. Get over it!, Folks.

There is also the gameplay which is basically Fate Extra rock-scissors-paper all over again but worse. It's just a debuff/buff turn-based 1D game with Self-inserts against NPCs with a so-not-really metaphorical D20 special move [NP] that you can't control for shitty game-play reasons.

The NPs that are sometimes made purely for gameplay with 0 context. and while Grand order is not the only one guilty of that (looking at you extella) let's not forget that two wrongs don't make even half a right.

being obligated to play it to progress into the story made me pull my hair off sometimes as it gets extremely tiring and frustrating when you just want to sit and watch rather than keep holding a device and clicking a glorified rock-paper-scissors game.

That did bother and bore me so much that I couldn't handle it and switched it off to walkthroughs videos that are cutscenes only and let me tell you something, that made me feel incredibly relieved.

It's a fake Free-to-play game and everyone knows it. nuff said.

Keep in mind that i'm criticizing it collectively rather than individually. a few bits here and there are not gonna redeem it for me. The same way an Episode from Apocrypha is not gonna redeem the whole show for me.

I'm caught up with JP now since my japanese is basic and while it takes me alot of time and help to understand what is going on (4 months) and god, Thinking they would finally explain what in the name of god is this story even about anymore other than time shifting saving timelines from timeline threats was a glorious nope.

they just don't care and won't stop the wounds opened from part 1, nor stop splashing salt into it and expect no one to pay their regards to it; while feeding you a good meal once a while. and while that's a premise some people are fine with. I'm absolutely not, You are either good or bad not good and bad at the same time.

at least I found something worse than last encore.

deep regrets but too late to have them now. stop messing my writing. forum-chan.

note: WTH forum-chan
    Last edited by Wallacia; September 29th, 2019 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

This is the worst hot take I've read all year, oh my.

processed to make the players believe they are the actual MC's and that their decisions are canonical to the actual plot when it's clearly, absolutely, truthfully, not. You are not ritsuki. Get over it!, Folks.
    just wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

F/GO looks like a mon game.

Don't have an android device, so I might end up eating those words when/if I ever get to play it. But for now, at the remove of the wiki? Servant entries remind me of Bulbapedia.
    Think the unthinkable.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    This is the worst hot take I've read all year, oh my.

just wow
    well look what happened to Zabi, or original TM R18 VN MC.

I agree that TM MC are not self insert because Kinoko will add too much characterization.

Just the ritsuki sentence has me dying of laughter

Blog Entries
    speak ironically, that's the only way the players can take you seriously.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    inb4 Marxist and Post-modernist analysis of FGO and gacha culture
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    They hated him for he spoke the truth. They tried to silence him by hitting him with their jalter dakimakura.

Blog Entries
    absolutely rent-free.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Endfall View Post
    F/GO looks like a mon game.

Don't have an android device, so I might end up eating those words when/if I ever get to play it. But for now, at the remove of the wiki? Servant entries remind me of Bulbapedia.
    It's just byproduct of the gotta catch'em all mentality.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Hey now, you're going too far; Last Encore was alright.

Blog Entries
    Last Encore was a string of bizarre choices that didn't pan out at all.

If you're going to do a pseudo-remake of the original game, just go ahead and do a straight adaptation of vanilla Fate/Extra. Why fight the same Servants in the same order but now it's all part of a time loop and we have an edgy power up for the MC and Rin doing her best Prillya impression?

The new additions felt half-baked in such a way that they didn't add anything to the preexisting narrative and ultimately distracted me with how superfluous and jarring they were. Every new bell or whistle made me stand back and ask myself, 'okay, but why?'
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

For a real unpopular opinion, I felt that Last Encore was a poorly explained, casual viewer-unfriendly, inconsistently animated mess that was... pretty damn entertaining. There were some beautiful scenes (both visually and emotionally), I loved the soundtrack, and, damn me if you must, Nero was a phenomenally endearing character.

It's still a travesty of a show from a production standpoint that should've been scrapped or mended early in the process, but accounting for the unique nature of Type-Moon's various settings and Nasu's writing quirks, I'm not particularly annoyed by how it turned out on the basis of intrigue and entertainment. It's a truly unique experience/atmosphere/thematic palate compared to any of the other TM animes and I enjoyed watching it.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Last Encore would've made a nice DLC for F/E. Have some horror segments in there, a la Shiki not knowing what the fuck he's doing as he wanders about at night murderin'.

Not really good material for a standalone anime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaiar View Post
    For a real unpopular opinion, I felt that Last Encore was a poorly explained, casual viewer-unfriendly, inconsistently animated mess that was... pretty damn entertaining. There were some beautiful scenes (both visually and emotionally), I loved the soundtrack, and, damn me if you must, Nero was a phenomenally endearing character.

It's still a travesty of a show from a production standpoint that should've been scrapped or mended early in the process, but accounting for the unique nature of Type-Moon's various settings and Nasu's writing quirks, I'm not particularly annoyed by how it turned out on the basis of intrigue and entertainment. It's a truly unique experience/atmosphere/thematic palate compared to any of the other TM animes and I enjoyed watching it.
    I don't think that's unpopular. It wasn't a bad experience, but it should've been made differently.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I still prefer Last Encore over the other VN Bad End continuation anime of last year. Steins;Gate 0 was so disappointing.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I don't think that's unpopular. It wasn't a bad experience, but it should've been made differently.
    Being that I wasn't around when it was released and therefore missed most of the direct responses to it, I can't deny that it may not be as unpopular an opinion as it seems. It's just that, in general, I don't really hear it brought up without someone deriding it as a horrific monstrosity that spits on F/E. Like, I only really remember one or two people from what I've seen since I've been around as actually deriving entertainment from it rather than disgust.

But if my perception of people's reaction to it is off, then fair enough.

US Friend Code
    Disgust is way too strong a word for my opinion on LE. For me it was sort of aggravating to watch but more than that it was just super forgettable. The only part I ever think back on is Shinji's last scene because that was really good.

- - - Updated - - -

But I hadn't read Extra yet when LE was airing so that's coming from someone who barely knew any of the characters, except Rin and Nero of course.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they should have done those requirements for making the grade as a HS from the very beginning. At least then there wouldn't be that much disappointment.

Yes, the part of needing fame and a defining legend, defying the impossible is pretty necessary for how they used to frame being a hero, and the general paradigm shift away from that, because otherwise we're just tossing random people we think will sound cool with anime powers around (which I won't lie, would sound fun if trashy). But in what used to be the context, it wouldn't have flown.

Fuyuki being limited and there being other summoning systems that can do something else is fine, and the Servant formula doesn't really lend itself that well to letting different archetypes in without sounding silly (Gunner makes me cringe). So maybe if they had framed it from the beginning as how Extra Aksys translation put it, "Legendary Souls", that would allow more leeway for having more random famous people around and people wouldn't have been mad because nothing was being broken.

But then you'd lose out on why those provisions were important in the first place, so this is just a stupid idea altogether, for this universe. Hell, we already had Wraiths so Phantoms were not a bad addition, but this ties in to the complaints about literal randos being touted.

Holmes being an HS I actually think fits in terms of being the world's most famous pop culture detective but it's also getting muddled by the fictional/real dichotomy the TM writers seem to not have straight between themselves. As it was put before, it actually doesn't matter which makes it pointless in the first place to speculate so I have a bad feeling there's not gonna be a satisfactory payoff to that line of discussion. There's room for ambiguity and letting the reader decide in art but for here, it comes off more like trying to have the cake and eat it too, trying to get the best of two options that are fundamentally incompatible.