Page 197 of 617 FirstFirst ... 97147187192195196197198199202207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    And so far there were none of that in TM works. TM New lores in the first place are expansion of the old ones. A lot of people don't get this and call this asspulls or retcons, making the actual value of those words went down the toilet and right now whenever a random come here and complain about retcons I just roll my eyes.
    I wasn't accusing TM of this. The work I was actually thinking of was Fairy Tail because Mashima constantly pulled this shit in that series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    This is my favorite thing. Everyone always screaming retcon, but when confronted and asked to show exactly what was retconned they never can. Like, Nasu has a lot of issues in both his writing and his "workflow" for lack of better words, but this notion that he constantly retcons himself is just so stupid.

Just yesterday I had to explain to someone that "Tsuki and Fate worlds are separate" is not a retcon just because "Archer met ciel but how can he meet ciel if ciel is from tsuki and tsuki is separate from fate"...
    I thought Ciel still existed in Fate worlds, as did the plot of Tsukihime in some form or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    what is retcon?
    A retcon is when a plot point introduced seems to outright contradict and/or invalidate an earlier plot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Just yesterday I had to explain to someone that "Tsuki and Fate worlds are separate" is not a retcon just because "Archer met ciel but how can he meet ciel if ciel is from tsuki and tsuki is separate from fate"...
    That does make me wonder about the Fate version of Ciel. Does Roa exist without Arc to stalk thoughout time? Or is she just a modern Jeanne, a small town french girl who's town get wrecked and goes for revenge, only this time it's vampires not the English. Would she actually be aged up to her forties, or would fate conspire to make her some other form of immortal teenager?

I really want a vampire hunters anime now. Flesh out some of the DAA, toss in some weirdos from the Church and MA who dislike each other but have to work together. It's like a buddy cop horror story.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Arc exists in Fate worlds, pretty sure, as do all the DAAs, even though none of them are DAAs.

- - - Updated - - -

Roa also exists, if Dantes' interlude means anything.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    That does make me wonder about the Fate version of Ciel. Does Roa exist without Arc to stalk thoughout time? Or is she just a modern Jeanne, a small town french girl who's town get wrecked and goes for revenge, only this time it's vampires not the English. Would she actually be aged up to her forties, or would fate conspire to make her some other form of immortal teenager?

I really want a vampire hunters anime now. Flesh out some of the DAA, toss in some weirdos from the Church and MA who dislike each other but have to work together. It's like a buddy cop horror story.
    Ciel has enough magical superpotential to be affectd by the Stand users are drawn to other stand users rule even if Roa gor killed a few reincarnations before reaching her

I was under the impression that in Fate worlds, Tsukihime's events happened in some altered form based on the differences between the two. Was I wrong?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Arc exists in Fate worlds, pretty sure, as do all the DAAs, even though none of them are DAAs.

- - - Updated - - -

Roa also exists, if Dantes' interlude means anything.
    You mean Dante's CD Drama.

Yeah, that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was under the impression that in Fate worlds, Tsukihime's events happened in some altered form based on the differences between the two. Was I wrong?
    In Fate worlds Roa never met Arc
    And Dantes burned Roa's soul
    so pretty hard to have Tsuki happen with that
    On the other hand pretty sure the events of Knk did happen and the MEDOP user in Fate worlds is Ryougi.
    There's that weird "only 1 MEDOP user" thing
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    In Fate worlds Roa never met Arc
    And Dantes burned Roa's soul
    so pretty hard to have Tsuki happen with that
    On the other hand pretty sure the events of Knk did happen and the MEDOP user in Fate worlds is Ryougi.
    There's that weird "only 1 MEDOP user" thing
    Oh. I see then. Didn't realize that was the case. But Arc still exists, right? Also, there IS the whole only one MEDOP user rule? I was told previously on this site that it wasn't necessarily the case.

- - - Updated - - -

But in mixed Fate/Tsuki worlds, the events of Tsukihime could have happened?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I thought there was some stuff about how Tsuki humanity is weaker/stronger so in Fate the True Ancestors don't exist, therefore neither does Arc.

And if Dantes got Roa, then it must have been in the 1800's(?), so farm girl Ciel in the 1970's dosn't have to worry about being body snatched. Unless Roa is a character from Spirit Circle and linear progression is a suggestion not a rule.
    Last edited by Mattias; March 22nd, 2019 at 05:40 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh. I see then. Didn't realize that was the case. But Arc still exists, right? Also, there IS the whole only one MEDOP user rule? I was told previously on this site that it wasn't necessarily the case?
    Arc should still exist.
    As for the one MEDOP thing, it's iffy. In Ryougi's route in Actress Again, she says that it's special night that won't happen a second time when she meets Tohno. In Plus Disc they said Tohno and her can't meet because it'll cause inconsistencies.
    So even if you can indeed have one more than on MEDOP user at a time in a timeline, it would seem Tohno and Ryougi (the two MEDOP users we know) can't exist at the same time unless it's a weird world warping event like TATARI and lets face it probably a singularity would qualify too.
    So you get to the same conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought there was some stuff about how Tsuki humanity is weaker/stronger so in Fate the True Ancestors don't exist, therefore neither does Arc.
    The organization known as the Dead Apostle Ancestors don't exist.
    True Ancestors do though. See Arc in Extra.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Far side might’ve still happened somewhat normally right? Roa’s not important there.

And if Dantes got Roa, then it must have been in the 1800's(?), so farm girl Ciel in the 1970's dosn't have to worry about being body snatched. Unless Roa is a character from Spirit Circle and linear progression is a suggestion not a rule.
    True Ancestors definitely exist, as does Arc. The True Ancestors predate the Human Order and are of the Earth itself, and the differences between both worlds are mostly based on the strength of the Human Order.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Far side might’ve still happened somewhat normally right? Roa’s not important there.
    Oof, that must suck for Shiki if he still has to go through a version of Tsukihime without MEoDP.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Maybe he'd have his Demon Hunter powers/Pure Eyes? Would the massacre of the Nanaya have still happened?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Roa's the reason SHIKI inverted at such a young age.

Maybe he'd have his Demon Hunter powers/Pure Eyes? Would the massacre of the Nanaya have still happened?
    I'd say so. Unless Makihase decided to chill for some reason. Shiki himself had nothing to do with that massacre that he could've changed then, aside from living through it and forgetting it.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I'm pretty sure the "only one MEoDP user" thing is pure fanon. It's just that the MEoDP are so rare that even among figures of mythology they're considered mythology.

The inconsistencies are from the setting- people who are there and doing things in one universe will be doing something entirely different in another. I think the example given was that Touko wouldn't be pursuing the perfect body puppet thing if the TAs exist.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Rinne-Tensei View Post
    I'd say so. Unless Makihase decided to chill for some reason. Shiki himself had nothing to do with that massacre that he could've changed then, aside from living through it and forgetting it.
    Figured as much, but I thought there was a chance that with all the differences between the worlds, Makihisa would for some reason not do it.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    There was that Koha-Ace thing that said Fate/worlds don't have Arc, and that Fate-world Roa didn't get to meet her.

But then you've got Gatou finding her in Extra so I don't know what Koha-Ace meant by that. Either she's genuinely not native to that timeline or the Koha-Ace thing meant that Fate/worlds "don't have her" in some other way than "she doesn't exist".

Or Koha-Ace was just being Koha-Ace but-