Page 98 of 617 FirstFirst ... 48889396979899100103108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Unpopular opinion: We should have more adaptations like Fullmetal Alchemist 03 that reinterpret the work into something different yet still offer something of quality.
    Unpopular opinion: 03 is better than manga/Brotherhood.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    If nothing was ever adapted we wouldn't even have Fate in the first place. All those characters but a small handful came from a previous work by someone else or real life (which also can be adapted, of course).
    I am not going down that rabbit hole...

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Tim Burton's JoJo...............
    Watch Alice in Wonderland and tell me he doesn't have the ability to do so.

But basically, it's all down to who and not what...

I could've taken Beetlejuice-era Burton for an original part (he could make the "mundane" parts of Jorge Joestar work), but Alice in Wonderland and Ms. Peregrine are Hot Topic-tier, at least in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    I could've taken Beetlejuice-era Burton for an original part (he could make the "mundane" parts of Jorge Joestar work), but Alice in Wonderland and Ms. Peregrine are Hot Topic-tier, at least in my eyes.
    Story wise, but the atmosphere and tone are actually better. Getting the Beetlejuice team back might be enough for that. Remember many of the guys he worked with either left or died.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Notes is too compressed (and that's part of its charm, so it shouldn't be uncompressed); I think KnK can work best, but there's no reason when the ufotable movies exist.
    It'd work with a little decompression, and hell, this isn't a film you'd want a 1:50 runtime of. More screen time with both angels in the picture. A little more time with him, hunting angels out in the wilds & chats with the beastmen. Maybe more than two of the Types in the picture, only it isn't changed enough that he actually interacts with them. Imagine the entire town at night, all the lights turned out, watching the silhouette of the cross-shaped monstrosity through the clouds, or flying past miles and miles of burnt, blackened earth, buildings melted down to the ground, only to fly past a gas giant star-looking thing, stretching from the ground to the clouds, just slowly moving and burning everything in its path. The occasional shot of his former life. If there's a film that'd work with a lot of long, silent moments, it'd be this one.

Wouldn't work as a blockbuster, there aren't enough explosions, but it'd make for a pretty decent film.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    I prefer animu waifus and husbandos so no live action adaptations thanks.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rather than trying to adapt a TM work into Live Action, I think it'd probably be better to make an original work based in the TM world (with Nasu's supervision of course).
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Well, I referred to it in the previous post already. Character interaction with the world. If the plot is so dire, when is there time to worry about bullshit? And to what end? Isn't it time being burnt?

Grim or tone fitting humor makes sense (the Dark Knight Rises had humor, but it didn't feel off key with the rest of the scenes) and the other one makes sense if we're dealing with side material (the Shinigami Color Books in Bleach come to mind). The problem is having these kinds of antics happen when the end of the world is taking place outside and silly arguments ruining the atmosphere of a battlefield in ruins.

Let's be very frank here, this is the stuff parodies do. Not serious stories.
    Wow perpetual grimdark, such a good way of making story tiresome and monotone. Might as well make the characters have a panic attack and massive depression at the start of the story from the state of the world.

Even DC movies have been putting more jokes in to make things less dry.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    To me the problem with "grim dark atmosphere" in some movies is that the writers tried so hard to make it seems like it's grim dark and in the end it felt forced. It's similar to forced comedy, forced fan service, etc. From the beginning I did not come to the nasuverse expecting grim dark stories with no jokes or comedy, ppl dying left and right, shit getting crushed. I don't mind that since I've seen other series with that tone, but I don't think it should be a standard for TM writing. Also I remembered that some ppl got that dark atmosphere impression from FZ anime then they want to apply it to all other works within the franchise, then they saw UBW and thought it's shit because it's not like FZ.

The only series that did the mix of dark and light tones well for me is the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series. When it's dark it's really dark, when it's funky it has some of the most hilarious shit I've ever seen, and you can easily skip all of the funky shit and go with the main story filled with drama and tragic shit. That's what I think FGO is doing, most of the serious shit are in the main story, the funky shit are from interludes, events and other side stuffs that ppl can choose to do or not.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Unpopular opinion: 03 is better than manga/Brotherhood.
    Fight me.

Is it unpopular to say that I just want another whack at a traditional EXTRA jrpg?

Like, idk make the game play like SMT and bring the story to a close.

I don't hate the musou games but I'm missing the sort of "trapped in a desperate struggle" feeling the first two EXTRA games had. I just don't think the musou style lends itself to what I want.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    Is it unpopular to say that I just want another whack at a traditional EXTRA jrpg?

I don't hate the musou games but I'm missing the sort of "trapped in a desperate struggle" feeling the first two EXTRA games had. I just don't think the musou style lends itself to what I want.
    I thought SMT was never brought to a close.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    He means Extra's story.
    Which was brought to a close in the very first game, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    He means Extra's story.
    I mean, pre-Extella, kind of?

The world is still sort of doomed to decay and die.

I kinda want to see what happens with non-AI Hakuno
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    He means Extra's story.
    Yeah, I was saying that I thought SMT's story was never brought to a close, so how could that be a valid comparison/starting point?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Yeah, I was saying that I thought SMT's story was never brought to a close, so how could that be a valid comparison/starting point?
    Because I was talking about the gameplay?

Tbh I didn't mind the RPS system but I understand others would prefer something more straightforward
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post

I kinda agree, I want another Fate RPG. Though definitely nothing like Extra, I don't mind the setting per se, but I would like a more well thought-out gameplay and preferably more dedication to the aesthetic, or a different design direction entirely. Wada is good but the environment and programs of the Mooncell are just boring to look at. Last Encore improved a lot on that front, but Extella remains very uncreative with its visuals.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    To me the problem with "grim dark atmosphere" in some movies is that the writers tried so hard to make it seems like it's grim dark and in the end it felt forced. It's similar to forced comedy, forced fan service, etc. From the beginning I did not come to the nasuverse expecting grim dark stories with no jokes or comedy, ppl dying left and right, shit getting crushed. I don't mind that since I've seen other series with that tone, but I don't think it should be a standard for TM writing. Also I remembered that some ppl got that dark atmosphere impression from FZ anime then they want to apply it to all other works within the franchise, then they saw UBW and thought it's shit because it's not like FZ.

The only series that did the mix of dark and light tones well for me is the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series. When it's dark it's really dark, when it's funky it has some of the most hilarious shit I've ever seen, and you can easily skip all of the funky shit and go with the main story filled with drama and tragic shit. That's what I think FGO is doing, most of the serious shit are in the main story, the funky shit are from interludes, events and other side stuffs that ppl can choose to do or not.
    Talking about Yakuza, I once had a dream of playing fate characters in a Yakuza styled game engine.

I have no idea how the hell that would work but apparently that is my subconscious yearning
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    They should have done Platinum hack n slash

SMT RPG for general Type Moon is good

for live action adaps, Blade of the Immortal was pretty decent for its own self contained story

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    most of the early characters in general, really
    They used to be much more subdued than now, actually. Marie and Boudica are the only ones that come to mind on release, and Marie has an excuse as much as I loathe to admit it. But the whole bronze cast is so grounded compared to the rest of the game, it's actually pretty amazing.

Nowadays literal every other released servant is a chase waifu. You didn't have that on release, because they couldn't or didn't think to make money out of it on release and make all the cute girls 5*.