Page 124 of 617 FirstFirst ... 2474114119122123124125126129134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    It's basically "We do nothing and Caster gets the chance to win, or we try to ally with other Master but we know nothing about Lancer's Master, so Berserker is our only choice"
    Not because Illya may be good but because they really need some help at that point

JP Friend Code
    I get why it happened. But it's not really logical??? All I'm saying is for a scene to kind of ease it towards that.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; November 15th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

JP Friend Code
    What is logical then?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    But fights between magi is kinda a given in HGWs tho? It's not all about the Servants or at least that's not what the lore makes it seem as
    "A Master should not be involved in a Servant's fights" ~Saber, about a million times
    "I didn't expect to have my Master fight with me. Feels good" ~Lancer, paraphrased
    *Uses magecraft to hide himself while giving orders* ~the most egocentric of all magi, El Melloi

If anything, the lore says the exact opposite. Shirou, Kiritsugu and to an extent Rin are the exceptions, not the norm.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Go for the Master

"I see. I guess that is one way to think.
    Then let me ask you, Emiya Shirou. Do you think you can beat your own Servant?"

"Then let me ask you one more thing. It is a boring question, but do you think you are superior to your Servant?"
    "…??"
    What's he saying?"
    I can't beat Saber, so there's no way I'm superior to her.
    For this question, my answer will always be that I am weaker than my Servant, so…

"Oh."

"That's right. Servants are hard to defeat even with a Servant. So what should you do?

See, it's such a simple solution. Servants can only exist with a Master. No matter how powerful the Servant is, the Servant will disappear if the Master dies. So…"

That's right, it's a natural solution.
    No one would choose to take the hard way.
    If you want to win, the most effective way to kill the Servants would be to kill their Masters instead.

"…Okay. I understand that killing the Master is an effective way to eliminate other Servants.
    But then, if their Servant gets killed, does that make someone not a Master anymore? Only Servants can touch the Holy Grail, right? Then there is no point to a Master that doesn't have a Servant."

"No, the right to be a Master still remains as long as you have the Command Spell. A Master is a magus that can form a contract with Servants. As long as you have the Command Spell, you can form a contract with Servants.

The Servants whose Masters are killed do not disappear right away. They can stay in this world until their magical energy runs out. If such 'abandoned Servants' exist, a Master with no Servant can form a contract with them. That will allow them to rejoin the war.
    That is why Masters kill other Masters. Because if you allow them to live, there is a risk that they will impede you in the future.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    "A Master should not be involved in a Servant's fights" ~Saber, about a million times
    "I didn't expect to have my Master fight with me. Feels good" ~Lancer, paraphrased
    *Uses magecraft to hide himself while giving orders* ~the most egocentric of all magi, El Melloi

If anything, the lore says the exact opposite. Shirou, Kiritsugu and to an extent Rin are the exceptions, not the norm.
    That's battles against Servants tho, Magi vs Magi battles are different. It is expected for the individual Masters to fight each other and let their Servants deal with the opponents Servants
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    It's much in the same vein that Herc shouldn't be breakdancing- sure, she can do all these things, but she doesn't NEED to. It doesn't make sense for her to risk her life dogfighting Rin when her entire gameplan is "let Berserker deal with everyone because he's literally OP".
    What's your deal about not NEEDING to do something? It makes no sense. As for the breakdancing, I honestly felt it conveyed how dangerous Berserkles really was, more than a walking tank would have. It gave of a sort of intimidating, dangerous grace that really gave off a sort of ultimate hero vibe. Like, "you think I'm a mindless tank? Well sucks for you motherfucker, I still got them skills, even when mindless!" Also, Ilya was definitely playing with Rin in that scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    What is logical then?
    Same question because based on what info Shirou and Rin had, Ilya was the logical choice for an ally, especially since Heracles apparently held the advantage over Medea.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; November 15th, 2018 at 06:04 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    See to me the Ilya scene felt like it was only there as a boring shout-out to Zero/unnecessary padding.

"Hey gaiz memba dat ting Iri did! Ilya can do it too! Because they're related! Yay references!"

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    See to me the Ilya scene felt like it was only there as a boring shout-out to Zero.

"Hey gaiz memba dat ting Iri did! Ilya can do it too! Because they're related! Yay references!"
    I personally like the fact that it showed Ilya could do something aside from commanding the 8-foot hunk of muscle with a literal slab of stone as a weapon. Also, Iri's alchemy was definitely pretty in Zero, so I'm glad Ilya did something similar and to much greater effect.

I didn’t like it because I feel like the moment someone tried to do something to Illya Herk would just no fucks given ignore Artoria and run over to punch Rin.

feels out of character desu.

breakdancing ruins the point of berserker being a berserker and the whole time of the scene where Artie is actually able to contend with her due to the battlefield and fighting with skill.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Same question because based on what info Shirou and Rin had, Ilya was the logical choice for an ally, especially since Heracles apparently held the advantage over Medea.
    I rewatched the scene & like I saw Rin discuss it and it wasn't as bad as I remember.

I think when I first watched though, I just found it really jarring because of Illya's coldness towards them in the 3rd episode--in an "even if you're desperate, why would you trust her?" sort of way. Like, Rin was pretty confident it would work, Shirou just went with the flow. Like...she literally said in her first line to them "Okay, I'll kill you now"

So like I think if there was something that would have kinda proved Illya could be trustworthy in between epi 3->to them wanting to ally with her could have at least sold it to me.

On the contrary, them being wary of Lancer felt more natural.

Illya is both an Einzbern and a homunculus, maybe in Rin's head that implied at least some dedication to the mechanics of the HGW, and her being a homunculus makes is unlikely for her to deviate much from what her faction wants her to do, no matter her personal thoughts on it. She's oddly the least of a wildcard of the remaining masters at that point.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    ruins the point of berserker being a berserker
    Like most of the other Berserkers at this point. Like the ones that can do sweets move with their weapons like Lancelot, use a complex weapon like Lu Bu, summon armies, talk, are just some other aspect of the hero that don't requires to be insane really, or other gimmicks that it would required some grade of sanity to do something
    Last edited by Hakuno; November 15th, 2018 at 07:36 PM.

Lu Bu can use his NP but he’s still otherwise hulk smash like non-Ufo Herk I’m pretty sure.

JP Friend Code
    He can switch between smashing hard with his halberd to shooting arrows to hit with differents attack versions of his weapon

but pankration is going too far

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I didn’t like it because I feel like the moment someone tried to do something to Illya Herk would just no fucks given ignore Artoria and run over to punch Rin.

feels out of character desu.

breakdancing ruins the point of berserker being a berserker and the whole time of the scene where Artie is actually able to contend with her due to the battlefield and fighting with skill.
    EoTM False basically preserves his fighting skill though, and even with it, the graveyard still gave Ufo Herk some issues.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    What's your deal about not NEEDING to do something? It makes no sense. As for the breakdancing, I honestly felt it conveyed how dangerous Berserkles really was, more than a walking tank would have. It gave of a sort of intimidating, dangerous grace that really gave off a sort of ultimate hero vibe. Like, "you think I'm a mindless tank? Well sucks for you motherfucker, I still got them skills, even when mindless!" Also, Ilya was definitely playing with Rin in that scene.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really simple though? It annoys me when characters do things they wouldn't (and indeed, didn't) do just so UFO can show off, because it's through what they do that we learn who they are. Do you think that Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man that he is, would stoop to spinning his swords like fucking fidget spinners during a fight? And yet, here it is.

And for the love of all that's holy please don't tell me "that's just his fighting style".
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    That’s just his fighting style
    And Nasu is the one who wrote a big fight scene for Illya and strongarmed ufo into cramming it in because he regrets not giving her a chance to show off

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who wishes he could dual-wield guns DMC style

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who shoots off a witty one liner before offing Medea and a mythologically relevant burn soon after

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who brags about taking down Herk and makes a damn good attempt

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who gets into a playground pissing contest with Shirou in the middle of his figth with Medea

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who talks about the detriments of heroes of justice while playing with a cat

- - - Updated - - -

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who jocularly suggests Shirou commit suicide as an eldritch monstrosity threatens to consume him

Archer, stoic shortest-path-to-goal broken man, who insultingly bants with Cu Chulainn
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, EMIYA acts all edgy and cool, but he's really just as much of a dork as Shirou.