Page 156 of 617 FirstFirst ... 56106146151154155156157158161166206256 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A pokemon master is her dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Capsaba! You mean Capsaba!

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I can understand that much, which is why I honestly have a whole bunch of mixed feelings about my feelings regarding UBW. I guess it's just that while I adore Rin the most, I kind of wondered how worth it sacrificing a prominent role in her own route in exchange for her basically being a co-protag of the game as a whole is to me personally.

It's especially bothersome when I realized more of Rin's own complexities were laid bare in heavens feel more than UBW due to her and Sakura's relationship, so I'm left feeling a bit mixed
    Indeed...i can understand why you'd be torn on that. Where your coming from makes sense.

While i am always a bit low key salty at Arturia only really being important 1/3rd of the game(outside of the story intentionally subverting her thematic presence in HF), i'm an absolute sucker for her character arc and how she and Shirou better each other positively from the heart.

I honestly don't envy Rin fans at all, and i can see how Nasu might have had issues going back and forth with ideas regarding how things should be laid out character wise, especially considering the confirmed stuff we know about how Illya and Sakura's positions constantly shifted during development. A huge project filled with moving parts like that, its no wonder we have not seen any new VN's of that style since from TM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I dunno, I think Rin and Shirou also build each other positively, but it's more understated and honestly more realistic, and I like her role no matter what, so there's no need for pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I dunno, I think Rin and Shirou also build each other positively, but it's more understated and honestly more realistic, and I like her role no matter what, so there's no need for pity.
    I only pity those fans who are conflicted like mami-kouga. If your happy with Rin's position, more power to you on that front..

But i can definitely see where the vexation comes from. Although i am also happy with how things turned out, for the most part. With things like Illya's route and such, you can't help but see the stray threads of the quilt from time to time
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 12th, 2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I only envy those fans who are conflicted like mami-kouga. If your happy with Rin's position, more power to you on that front..

But i can definitely see where the vexation comes from. Although i am also happy with how things turned out, for the most part. With things like Illya's route and such, you can't help but see the stray threads of the quilt from time to time
    I understand where you're coming from now. Sorry for misunderstanding once again.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    After spending three hours reading the FGO lore, I definitely think Nasu wants to turn his verse into the Marvelverse, complete with a One Above All entity and absurd galaxy eating abominations.

And eleventy billion timelines that will come back to bite him once he wants to make something more grounded and will have to be retconned to oblivion.

Should have adopted The Final Fantasy Policy.

Well, while Marvel has plenty of timelines and alternate worlds themselves, they've still got nothing on DC in that regard. They've it so bad timelines keep blending into each other because every so few years they have a new reality altering Crisis that only muddles further what was left behind by the prior one.

basically...american comics are so screwed up regarding this...so many reboots and parallel universes and shit...

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    Should have adopted The Final Fantasy Policy.
    Yup...

basically...american comics are so screwed up regarding this...so many reboots and parallel universes and shit...
    And out of all the possible models Nasu could ape, he did this one.

Expect his continuity loop stuff to collapse under it's own way at some point. Unified timeline franchises are always king.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    It doesn't seen that dire to me at all.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Unified timelines are good when you are writing your own thing alone, but the more people you bring to work on a franchise the more they'll want to do their own takes on it, and frankly, if you're going to be railroading people all the time you should just do those things yourself then.

The Type Moon timeline stuff is still unified under the same underlying structure connected back the same basic origins. That's why its not anywhere near as big a problem as something having gone on for 60 years or so with no real unifying continuity like DC for example, which just retcons and erases whatever it doesnt like at any given notice.

There have been retcons in the Nasuverse, but they could largely be smoothed over with viable explanations.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 13th, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So essentially the Nasuverse is more like the Star Wars Legends Expanded Universe, in retcons and such, than say Marvel or DC's retconathon multiverses?
    Indeed...i can understand why you'd be torn on that. Where your coming from makes sense.

While i am always a bit low key salty at Arturia only really being important 1/3rd of the game(outside of the story intentionally subverting her thematic presence in HF), i'm an absolute sucker for her character arc and how she and Shirou better each other positively from the heart.

I honestly don't envy Rin fans at all, and i can see how Nasu might have had issues going back and forth with ideas regarding how things should be laid out character wise, especially considering the confirmed stuff we know about how Illya and Sakura's positions constantly shifted during development. A huge project filled with moving parts like that, its no wonder we have not seen any new VN's of that style since from TM.
    If what Nasu said about modeling UBW Epilogue Rin on that AU Rin in Ataraxia, the one Rin & Sakura call from that dresser, is true, can't one say that even if their relationship wasn't made as intense as Saber & Sakura's in their routes, that Rin & Shirou still have a close, loving relationship.
    Last edited by warellis; February 13th, 2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    So essentially the Nasuverse is more like the Star Wars Legends Expanded Universe, in retcons and such, than say Marvel or DC's retconathon multiverses?

If what Nasu said about modeling UBW Epilogue Rin on that AU Rin in Ataraxia, the one Rin & Sakura call from that dresser, is true, can't one say that even if their relationship wasn't made as intense as Saber & Sakura's in their routes, that Rin & Shirou still have a close, loving relationship.
    That's fair to say. I should rephrase my original statement, in that its not intended to take away from the bond Rin and Shirou have the potential to share depending on the route or in general.

I just always felt that the romance aspect of the route itself was lacking, but it makes sense why looking at the structure of the VN as a whole and Rin's place in it. But its also a criticism i have of how Rin's character is portrayed in what is essentially supposed to be her own route, but that's probably more of a personal problem i have than anything.

After all, the concept of "heroine" is completely different depending on the perspective your talking about. As long as its love interest, i guess it can still be considered her route regardless of whether she has a larger character arc, plays an bigger role ect.

Personally, Rin shines brightest in HF to me after seeing her in the other routes, rather than in UBW where i think she stays somewhat stagnant. But the HF movies have somewhat changed this to be much more Sakura centric, which is a change i approve of

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Are there ways you felt Rin could've been more emphasized in her own route?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    More H-scenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

To be honest, I never cared for the romance aspect of Saber and Shirou.

The others I like, but I just could never buy the fact that they built up this massive, eternal love by the end of the story.

Sure, I get that each one has aspects the other embodies, but Shirou has some that make Saber move out of her guarded zone, but it doesn't change the fact I could never look at their story and buy them building this romance in like 14 days.

But maybe thats my love of the Keiko and Yusuke Urameshi style of romance talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Urameshi Yūsuke View Post
    To be honest, I never cared for the romance aspect of Saber and Shirou.

The others I like, but I just could never buy the fact that they built up this massive, eternal love by the end of the story.

Sure, I get that each one has aspects the other embodies, but Shirou has some that make Saber move out of her guarded zone, but it doesn't change the fact I could never look at their story and buy them building this romance in like 14 days.

But maybe thats my love of the Keiko and Yusuke Urameshi style of romance talking.
    I don't hate what Fate did, but I just could never really get behind it the way I can Shirou and Rin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Are there ways you felt Rin could've been more emphasized in her own route?
    More deredere scenes, a little more about Rin's struggles as an absentee big sis and to live up to her father's legacy.