Page 24 of 617 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    UBW Shinji sorta moves on which improves his life and himself for the better pretty much. So it’s not really a being bitter about it thing.

otherwise he is said to have some of the top grades of the academy, and waiting for Zouken to pass away so he can return to collect the inheritance in Tokyo is probably the best way to handle his home situation and Zouken so.

People can be smart and stupid. Just look at Rin.
    Nasu also said Shinji would continue to be an ass, and after his last experience with magecraft, I would assume he'd be a little bitter or wary at least, hence the Byakuya lite.

At least Kiritsugu is dead and he can't hurt any more wakame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Very true. And that was poor Byakuya's only appearance like ever.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Oh, that actually makes sense. Yet, isn't destroying evil a form of protecting the weak and innocent?
    The point is that there are people who aren't necessarily on one side or another, and tend to be shuffled off to the side as a casualty of exacting that justice when the dust clears.
    That's why you would have pictures in those old Tokusatsu shows of the heroes sometimes killing civilians getting to the monster(while that would be edited out with Power Rangers, because it would understandably be scary to Western kids to see that), and it wraps up as a "matter of course".
    It's about the people on the sidelines who suffer in the dark that this justice doesn't acknowledge.

Blog Entries
    I stopped being a Nasuverse fan after they went for Fate/Grand Order and the sales funnel they use to incentivize spending enormous amounts of money in order to show off your new cool Servant, basing themselves on the scummy tactic of conspicuous consumption just like the rest of freemium games we have seen this decade, going from integrated, solid storytelling into yet another giant dumpster fire this decade's marketing tactics have brought us, going from a revolutionary and compelling storytelling medium with interesting philosophical and existential ideas into Fortnite with Servants.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    That reads less an opinion and more like a declaration of intent, but I can respect it nonetheless.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hi Dullahan

Blog Entries
    For real tho why can't I download Fortnite with Servants

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    For real tho why can't I download Fortnite with Servants
    We'll get there once Arcade is allowed to flourish
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I stopped being a Nasuverse fan after they went for Fate/Grand Order and the sales funnel they use to incentivize spending enormous amounts of money in order to show off your new cool Servant, basing themselves on the scummy tactic of conspicuous consumption just like the rest of freemium games we have seen this decade, going from integrated, solid storytelling into yet another giant dumpster fire this decade's marketing tactics have brought us, going from a revolutionary and compelling storytelling medium with interesting philosophical and existential ideas into Fortnite with Servants.
    Unpopular opinion man here taking a stand against injustice
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    As if throwing out Ayaka for a male protagonist and gender bending Arthur into a cute, young girl weren't shrewd marketing tactics to make FSN sell better.

As if making it an eroge with hardcore sex scenes wasn't another transparent cash grab designed to get at the wallet through the groin.

I think FSN is a fun read, but let's not pretend Fate was ever about "the art."
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    I believe in the five timeless (handbound copies of Mahoyo)

Blog Entries
    Original Fate, as a visual novel, was a revolutionary storytelling medium and anime fandom never had conspicuous consumption before gacha
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    UBW route is fascist apologia
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    As if throwing out Ayaka for a male protagonist and gender bending Arthur into a cute, young girl weren't shrewd marketing tactics to make FSN sell better.

As if making it an eroge with hardcore sex scenes wasn't another transparent cash grab designed to get at the wallet through the groin.

I think Fate is about deep storytelling and meaningful characters. That has never changed, but what you said is also correct. To me I don't see why it can't have both at the same time, that having one trait means the other isn't there. Just having things to appeal to the wallet doesn't mean it doesn't have stuff that appeals to the story
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say it never ever had it. We've had it since the Industrial Revolution, and it's likely it will never go away until the Earth explodes or something. But F/GO and other gacha games play on that as their only selling point, if any, from a design standpoint and on events with timers to keep you playing and spending money on it. It's bad game design and in my opinion shouldn't be encouraged by giving them the money they... are in fact already making.

One thing is somewhat shrewd marketing tactics such as King Arthur's gender, which still makes for decent storytelling without significantly changing the design of the story and selling merchandise off it, which is arguably to some point a proper sales tactic, and then what freemium games do to its consumers.

The reason why I said it's Fortnite with Servants it's because mostly it relies on mostly cosmetic add-ons and rewards you can get for a limited time, preying on player's fear of missing out and their desire to have the cooler Servants/skins, as well as other players showing them off, further reinforcing the desire to get them through money expense, which is another rather scummy design tactic, one that in my opinion hasn't just ruined TM but the gaming industry as a whole.
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

US Friend Code
    Well to tell the truth comparing a Servant to a skin, you get way more then a cosmetic accessory. Whether its gameplay, lore from profile and voice lines, and how they are actually part of the given story they are released in(typically). The actual cosmetic costumes that you can get in the game actually is free, that all you need is in-game materials. So I don't really think thats a fare comparison to something that's purely for aesthetics to the stuff you actually get from rolling a Servant. It's not really 1 to 1

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

I don't think he or she was necessarily implying that the original visual novel was "art" but merely that it put more on the table than simply take a known historical figure, slap a hentai design on them, give it a half-assed story within the Nasuverse and wait for addicted otakus to pour in their money in trying to obtain them.

While in the VN, the smut was only a minor thing (compared to the rest of the focus) that was added in for the sales, FGO's main focus might as well be the lewd elements.
    Last edited by GarlandGreene; September 21st, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    I don't think he or she was necessarily implying that the original visual novel was "art" but merely that it put more on the table than simply take a known historical figure, slap a hentai design on them, give it a half-assed story within the Nasuverse and wait for addicted otakus to pour in their money in trying to obtain them.
    design is one thing, half-ass story though. Sorry but that's not really something you can say Grand Order is, not anymore.

anywhere than here

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Mobages and gatcha have already been long since a thing in Japan. Why’s it always gotta be Fortnite.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"