Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You can see I-IV's rationale in her mats profile:

- - - Updated - - -

Worthless Artemis when?
    Okay, that's what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    because it continously adds new characters
    Well, that's exactly the issue. It may be the case that fanservice characters and genderbends make up a smaller percentage of the cast, but in absolute terms, there are many more of them now, so it seems like they're all over the place. And I could easily understand how someone who tolerated or liked it when it was just a few characters could get sick of it after another half a dozen, even if they're mixed in with lots more who don't fit that description.
    Last edited by Walnut Sparks; September 21st, 2018 at 03:45 PM.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think the biggest problem with Artemis is that she was designed during the lul this fgo thing is a quick cash grab lets just drop a few half arsed designs in and have stock animations for everyone phase.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You can see I-IV's rationale in her mats profile:

- - - Updated - - -

Worthless Artemis when?
    Don't have the book anymore but I think the implication was that her true form was completely inhuman or something, not "worthless"

robotic iirc

unless I'm confusing the comment from melt(iirc?)

Also she isn’t a goddess made into like a Rin face or Sakura face or Mitsuzuri face/diluted by some vessel.

well I guess she’s in Orion’s container but we have the Artemis and the Orion.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Well, that's exactly the issue. It may be the case that fanservice characters and genderbends make up a smaller percentage of the cast, but in absolute terms, there are many more of them now, so it seems like they're all over the place. And I could easily understand how someone who tolerated or liked it when it was just a few characters could get sick of it after another half a dozen, even if they're mixed in with lots more who don't fit that description.
    That's such a stupid way to think about it though. If 1 in 7 originally being fanservicey was totally okay, and there are now 10 in 70 characters who fit the bill, why is it suddenly not okay? Because there's simply a larger number? Sorry, but it just screams hipocrisy and hating on it for the sake of hating to me. If FGO has a larger cast but manages to maintain a lower percentage of characters being pure fanservice or genderbends, then how can it possibly be FGO's fault (aside from the obvious fact that FGO is the devil and it's the source of all that's bad)? Blame the individual artists for drawing them like that, or the directions given to them by the art director, not FGO as a whole as if that's the driving force. That's just idiotic.

Again, it's like the comparison to "the world is such a bad place nowadays" I brought up earlier. According to you, that statement is absolutely true because "in absolute terms" there is a larger number of crimes being committed because of things like larger population etc, so it doesn't matter what any other metric says, only the sheer number matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I think the biggest problem with Artemis is that she was designed during the lul this fgo thing is a quick cash grab lets just drop a few half arsed designs in and have stock animations for everyone phase.
    If you think designs and such were done after the fact in the middle of some lull period then I hate to break your bubble but there really is no such thing

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Adding big tits to a video game waifu is hardly putting thought in the design.

If there's any truth in her artist knowing that tidbit then fine whatever but I'm also equally as likely to believe they did it just to make her contrast with Atalanta
    I'm not so much talking about that in particular, but a lot of the criticisms of her design (my past self's included) are coming from a very oversimplified and stereotyped view of Greek myth.

There actually are versions of the Artemis/Orion legend where Artemis was in love with Orion romantically, to the point of even being willing to sacrifice her role as a virgin goddess to be with him. So her being portrayed as a ditzy maiden "in love with love" is maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not nearly as out of left field as some people's accusations would imply.

And in general I would give TM a fair bit of credit for putting thought into Servant designs, even in GO. For instance, I remember complaining a while ago that Marie's crystal horse NP had nothing to do with her history/legend, only for someone to point out it's actually based on an anecdote of the real Marie riding through Paris in a crystal coach.

Overall, TM is not dumb, and even the more outlandish takes on certain Servants do tend to be based on real legends (even if obscure ones) more often than not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Overall, TM is not dumb
    you're sure about this one
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    you're sure about this one
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Again, it's like the comparison to "the world is such a bad place nowadays" I brought up earlier. According to you, that statement is absolutely true...
    No, that is not following my logic. And I never said that the reaction was logical in context.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    If you think designs and such were done after the fact in the middle of some lull period then I hate to break your bubble but there really is no such thing
    lul, not lull.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, found it

"とはいえ聞いている設定に変更がなければ本来の彼女はロリも巨乳もへったくれもない形してると思いますが "

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    How would you TL that?
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    “Taiga is great”
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Now that is an unpopular opinion

Blog Entries
    But nasu would back me up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    i agree with tobias, taiga is great

since we're talking about accurate depictions and boob sizes, fate jeanne is fairly accurate:

bold is fate jeanne

159 cm / sturdy (> 44 kg)
    well-formed (large breasts)
    visible muscularity (strong)
    beautiful
    dark, tan skin (think a farmer's tan)
    short black hair
    large, dark eyes
    prudent
    spartan minded
    charming voice
    virgin
    (though some ppl claim she isn't / was raped in captivity but eh, details)

ecks dee
    Last edited by Historia; September 21st, 2018 at 05:34 PM.