Page 123 of 617 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123124125128133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Just to state my opinion, reading saber become baseball in her first fight with Herk in VN is far more epic than seeing an unnecessary long fight that make people have wrong impression
    What long fight? Show Saber making a few hits with IA-clad Excalibur, then a brief moment of surprise at it doing literally nothing because IA-clad Excalibur shouldn't be doing anything. Have her get knocked away into the graveyard from Herk catching her by surprise, then the bit with Rin/Shirou/Illya until some golden flashes bring us back to Saber/Herk. Show Saber, sporting some slightly damaged armor to show that Herk hitting her actually did something, baiting Herk to attack too wildly in graveyard because of her dodging through gravestones and stuff until she can use an IA air blast to knock Herk off-balance, followed by a couple of golden Excalibur attacks before covering it up with IA again. Cut back to Rin/Shirou having just made it back with Saber and Herk separated by some distance since they both are properly sizing the other up now that Herk is wounded, then Archer snipe sequence.

Far more entertaining to watch than gravity gems, Saberball, and stupid laser pointer.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 14th, 2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If you want something specific.
    In hiroyama's blog he explains that in his world the rank of an attack is based on the mystery of the attack. Whereas the STR parameter is the numerical damage.
    Therefore if you punch someone with A rank STR it's an E rank attack that does A rank damage because a punch doesn't have much mystery.
    And therefore the punch won't get through God Hand

http://hiroshi.main.jp/index.php?e=52
    That's better than just "it's different"
    So he split Rank into mystery rank and damage rank and made God Hand work on the former

Which I guess makes sense since it's supposed to be immortality and all

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    What long fight? Show Saber making a few hits with IA-clad Excalibur, then a brief moment of surprise at it doing literally nothing because IA-clad Excalibur shouldn't be doing anything. Have her get knocked away into the graveyard from Herk catching her by surprise, then the bit with Rin/Shirou/Illya until some golden flashes bring us back to Saber/Herk. Show Saber, sporting some slightly damaged armor to show that Herk hitting her actually did something, baiting Herk to attack too wildly in graveyard because of her dodging through gravestones and stuff until she can use an IA air blast to knock Herk off-balance, followed by a couple of golden Excalibur attacks before covering it up with IA again. Cut back to Rin/Shirou having just made it back with Saber and Herk separated by some distance since they both are properly sizing the other up now that Herk is wounded, then Archer snipe sequence.

Far more entertaining to watch than gravity gems, Saberball, and stupid laser pointer.
    Pretty sure the laser pointer only happen in the anime. Are you critizing the anime or something that make that part better in ur mind?
    Cuz seeing herk stand still while archer shoot the arrows feel weird
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I went to bed and missed last argument, but I don't see how you can say Saber was winning a fight when she literally had no way, TO actually win the fight. Had the upper hand, sure, maybe could even go for a killing blow, but she was betting her life on it and it would have ultimately been useless. Neither Shirou nor Rin know about 12 Lives at this point, so whatever they say is useless, and Berserker showing respect for a fellow warrior is nowhere near "yeah you totally had that fight bro". Heck, remember this is the same scene in Fate where Shirou goes "wow Saber is great OH SHIT SHE NEARLY GOT CUT IN HALF". The only differences are changing the battlefield and Archer's interruption.
    The only thing this scene did was remind us Shirou might have been right at home in Viking era Sweden, where they essentially glorified death in battle...

...or he might be right at home in Magnus Chase, same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    Despite many problems with Deen SN, it did one thing the best it could: cementing Artoria as a character. Literally the first time when I finished Deen/SN, Artoria came off not only as the most memorable but one of the best heroine adapted to anime form. For that alone Deen SN is worth watching.
    Deen's issues stem from rushing everything and not from just being awful because lol Deen is awful...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Satomi Arai

HECK NO.

Besides, the requirements were
    Someone whose voice doesn't want to make me put a gun to my head and can actually sell her tragic back story.

Last edited by Deathhappens; November 15th, 2018 at 09:00 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One thing I can patently say they did better with is adding that Rin/Ilya scuffle. It was nice to see her actually exhibit some menace beyond being a seemingly little girl commanding her walking freight train.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I liked the gravity gems.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Rebellion13 View Post
    Pretty sure the laser pointer only happen in the anime. Are you critizing the anime or something that make that part better in ur mind?
    Cuz seeing herk stand still while archer shoot the arrows feel weird
    I'm saying that the Saber/Herk fight, as a whole, was badly shown in the anime. As Altima mentioned, the more original bits like Rin/Illya were good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I liked the gravity gems.
    They looked neat but Herk just standing there and patiently waiting for it to be done was meh. Emiya arrows would have been better too if he was shooting Herk while dealing with Saber attacks and just ignoring them.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    One thing I can patently say they did better with is adding that Rin/Ilya scuffle. It was nice to see her actually exhibit some menace beyond being a seemingly little girl commanding her walking freight train.
    Ι disagree. Illya was more threatening when she was the full-fledged Master doing nothing but standing back commanding Herc to smash everyone ( as Masters are supposed to do, remember). The fight between Rin and Illya felt tacked on and served absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than provide chances for yet more fireworks.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Definitely agree with that. We actually see Ilya's worth as a magus.

It's much in the same vein that Herc shouldn't be breakdancing- sure, she can do all these things, but she doesn't NEED to. It doesn't make sense for her to risk her life dogfighting Rin when her entire gameplan is "let Berserker deal with everyone because he's literally OP".
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >risk her life

We watched the same battle, right?
    canon finish apo vol 3

She didn't choose to "risk" her life, Rin was the one who attacked her.

They looked neat but Herk just standing there and patiently waiting for it to be done was meh.
    Wait, is that what happened? Let me check.
    Yep, that's what happened. Yeah, that was kinda dumb.
    Actually, re-watching the fight, there's a whole mess of things I wish they had done differently.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Also what do you mean, there's no point in showcasing Illya's might as a Master? She's no Shirou or Shinji who's forced to hide behind a Servant.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Any fight between magi is by default risking your life, unless you're an arrogant ass like El Melloi who thinks he's invincible. And she chose to engage Rin, she could have easily hidden behind Berserker (which is exactly what she SAID she would do, because everyone else was beneath her).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

The same Berserker who was otherwise occupied fighting both Saber and Archer. Right.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Any fight between magi is by default risking your life, unless you're an arrogant ass like El Melloi who thinks he's invincible. And she chose to engage Rin, she could have easily hidden behind Berserker (which is exactly what she SAID she would do, because everyone else was beneath her).
    But fights between magi is kinda a given in HGWs tho? It's not all about the Servants or at least that's not what the lore makes it seem as
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    I think I was more put off that there was no transition from creepy Illya to Shirou & Rin "hey the smartest thing to do right now is ally with the person that nearly murdered us"

Like I do realize to the audience who know Illya from Fate route isn't that bad, it'd just make more sense for Shirou & Rin to work together since that's what happened anyway.

Unless I'm just forgetting scenes in the anime, which is also possible.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I think I was more put off that there was no transition from creepy Illya to Shirou & Rin "hey the smartest thing to do right now is ally with the person that nearly murdered us"

Like I do realize to the audience who know Illya from Fate route isn't that bad, it'd just make more sense for Shirou & Rin to work together since that's what happened anyway.

Unless I'm just forgetting scenes in the anime, which is also possible.
    Didn't they only decide to ally with Illya after losing both Archer & Saber there? I remember in the VN they kind of were forced to ally with Illya in UBW.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Didn't they only decide to ally with Illya after losing both Archer & Saber there? I remember in the VN they kind of were forced to ally with Illya in UBW.
    Yeah but I Mean. Looking at the events themselves, it's basically just jumping off a cliff. All it needed was some sort of extra scene for them to realize that Illya was p. okay, or willing to be allies.