Page 229 of 617 FirstFirst ... 129179219224227228229230231234239279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    I mean you can still get a decent idea of the characters, a sense of bonding or the highly sought "feels" just reading the story, reading summaries or better yet (tho this depends) talking about it with friends in the community.
    Maybe you can, I can’t. Reading the secondary sources, watching the videos or whatever, all the immersion is gone. It’s like watching someone do a let’s play of a survival horror. Sure you know the story, but that’s different then actually experiencing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Nah but for real, think about it. Here's a scenario:

Someone you know asks you about FGO. They're your standard weeb: watched some anime, played some games, read some manga. Maybe they have or haven't seen some other Fate thing, like Zero or Apocrypha or maybe one of the other anime. They're interested, but let's say they've never played a gacha before, or read a VN. Since we like to be all elitist, let's say they're also not a drooling moron and generally don't do awful or horribly stupid things on a regular basis, i.e. they generally have their life together.

What do you tell this friend about FGO? Do you tell them it's hot garbage and to stay away? Do you tell them to immerse themselves in the game and all the grinding and rolling and dailies that come with it (whether they're the type to pay for it doesn't matter). Do you tell them to not touch anything until they read the VN or they're a filthy secondary forever? Or do you tell them of an easy way to experience almost all of the highs associated with FGO while also avoiding almost all of the lows, thus saving them both time and possibly money or sanity?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    The last one combined with read the VN and maybe some other works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    I would be like dude, you gotta try this one game, my favorite part is where you get a blowjob from england’s Greatest king!

Then I would snicker in a very juvenile fashion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Haven't met anyone so uninformed that they has hooked to Fate but don't know about FGO before, can't answer. But complete newbie, I tried to hook them all the time.

I just ask them to watch UBW or Zero. Regardless my standing, both are statistically (by English fandom) the most successful one and therefore the safest choice for them to like Fate. Gatekeeping them by giving watch order and equally tasking stuff most likely will turn them down from giving the franchise a shot at all. And I rather has friends to talk about it rather than silently listen to them talking about Shonen Jump. If they hooked they will starve for more content anyway without me asking them to read the VN that most likely will turn people down by proxy it is a VN.

I always said to people (as that the case of me) the only way to enjoy gachage is by having prior attachment to a series first. Of course, it evidently not the case as most of the successful gachage are original ones.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I would be like dude, you gotta try this one game, my favorite part is where you get a blowjob from england’s Greatest king!
    Edward III?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Edward III?
    I'm not English, but I'd count starting the Hundred Years War against him.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Nah but for real, think about it. Here's a scenario:

Someone you know asks you about FGO. They're your standard weeb: watched some anime, played some games, read some manga. Maybe they have or haven't seen some other Fate thing, like Zero or Apocrypha or maybe one of the other anime. They're interested, but let's say they've never played a gacha before, or read a VN. Since we like to be all elitist, let's say they're also not a drooling moron and generally don't do awful or horribly stupid things on a regular basis, i.e. they generally have their life together.

What do you tell this friend about FGO? Do you tell them it's hot garbage and to stay away? Do you tell them to immerse themselves in the game and all the grinding and rolling and dailies that come with it (whether they're the type to pay for it doesn't matter). Do you tell them to not touch anything until they read the VN or they're a filthy secondary forever? Or do you tell them of an easy way to experience almost all of the highs associated with FGO while also avoiding almost all of the lows, thus saving them both time and possibly money or sanity?
    I'd say the same thing I do every time there's a new adaptation, give it a shot, it can stand alone easily, but you get a better experience with deeper knowledge. Also it's a nice way to waste fifteen minutes a day on the bus. Just don't whale.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I got a friend into FGO and I regret it to this day
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    I cannot believe the amount of people who believe it’s acceptable to get your friends addicted to shitty mobages smh

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The fact that FGO is free to download makes it very easy to recommend it to other people, at least personally.

Give them a basic summary of the premise and gameplay, warn them about the exploitative aspects, and tell them to give it a shot if they're interested. If they aren't taken in by the gameplay but are still interested in the story, let them know about the online resources they can use to follow it. As long as they don't immediately throw their wallet into the furnace, hence the warning, someone dipping their toe into FGO is pretty easy/harmless.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'd still only recommend F/GO to those who're already in the know about T-M, or at least just Fate/ stuff, though. I cannot, in good faith, encourage the spawning of--what would they even be now? Quaternaries? Well, whatever. I don't like it and I don't have to like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it easy to get into? Yes. Is it the best way to introduce oneself to the appeals of the Fate/ franchise? Uhhhh, nope.

- - - Updated - - -

At least watch the DEENime for God's sake. Hell, I'll even take someone being introduced via Fate/Zero, and even then I'm loathe to do so. Anything is better than F/GO first.

Okay, F/Ap first is also un-ideal.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Apocrypha at least tries to explain itself. Last Encore has to be probably the worst overall starting point.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Last Encore has to be probably the worst overall starting point.
    What makes this even more of a cursed observation is that I know for sure that people have tried to do so/done so that way. It boggles the mind. It's like getting into T-M via CarniPhan, but at least CarniPhan is somewhat understandable because it's a comedy, albeit one that relies a lot on background knowledge and inside jokes to get the most out of its humor.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    if you're going to start Fate with an anime.
    Start with KnK
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Best advice I've heard all thread.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I don't have much friends who watch anime so no one to drag into gacha hell. I recommended it to one person who asked what I was playing once but she probably forgot

- - - Updated - - -

My siblings will definitely never play with me after they've seen my reaction to my failed rolls

Wow why do you people hate your friends

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    what if i dont have irl friends
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3