Page 120 of 618 FirstFirst ... 2070110115118119120121122125130170220 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 12345

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

US Friend Code
    I like Last Encore's atmosphere and basic plot but its problem was how much stuff wasn't explained in the anime, in favor of the website or drama CDs. It seemed like the process of changing Nasu's original LE novella into an anime script cut a bunch of stuff for time.

Most of the characters fell flat for me too, but that was probably more on my end for not being familiar with the Extra cast at the time I was watching LE. I still stand by that the stated goal of making LE enjoyable both for fans and people new to Extra failed, because for new to Extra people you only just barely meet most of the cast before they die an episode later and move on to the next guy.
    Last edited by Reign; November 14th, 2018 at 02:11 AM.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Since mod wanted no more of this I will stop. But then again there's not much to be said when all is already said here:

That's the problem I had with your statements in the first place, also the very reason I told you to get out of your well, namely stuffs you could access atm in the west, dig deeper until you've got enough experiences, because the amount of stuffs you used to base your arguments on is just a drop of water in the sea and thus laughable for me (I used to watch most if not EVERY anime of a season back then, especially when I just got in university I watched all from the good to the trash because I was in charge of a mini review section of the university's media forum. I also played a lot of JRPGs and visual novels growing up, so don't be surprised about my reaction when I look at a casual's opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

And yes I do have an unpopular TM opinion, no, severals: ufotable is not that good with their adaptations outside of some cool CGI, HF is the worst FSN route I did not like any part of it, Extra's gameplay system is good, all timeloop settings after FHA are not as good as FHA.
    Important. I don't really need to dig deeper. Arguably, I would need to change my taste, which is the issue. Trust me, I know how things roll over there, but I am certain normal people from outside the "bubble" don't feel the same. Hence the issue. The only jumping to conclusions here was that your interest was shallow.

I know my stuff, but I was arguing for the people that don't. You aren't the Western common denominator (and arguably aren't Western, thus major dissonance, and thus went the argument.

Hopefully it's dead now.

Also, I will never overcome the horror that was Extra CCC...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    If you guys actually wanna continue that discussion before we're getting everyone doing one last comment round with an on-topic afterthought you might as well make a thread in AMGD.

It's a good discussion but it's taking over the thread, that's all.
    Missed this...

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Sparks View Post
    Lotsa reasons... although I'm not gonna go off on them unless you actually want to read it.

I expect even people who don't like her would agree that she has a pretty design.
    I am talking after seeing her Liner design, where she looks like a cute onee-san type.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I went to bed and missed last argument, but I don't see how you can say Saber was winning a fight when she literally had no way, TO actually win the fight. Had the upper hand, sure, maybe could even go for a killing blow, but she was betting her life on it and it would have ultimately been useless. Neither Shirou nor Rin know about 12 Lives at this point, so whatever they say is useless, and Berserker showing respect for a fellow warrior is nowhere near "yeah you totally had that fight bro". Heck, remember this is the same scene in Fate where Shirou goes "wow Saber is great OH SHIT SHE NEARLY GOT CUT IN HALF". The only differences are changing the battlefield and Archer's interruption.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Despite many problems with Deen SN, it did one thing the best it could: cementing Artoria as a character. Literally the first time when I finished Deen/SN, Artoria came off not only as the most memorable but one of the best heroine adapted to anime form. For that alone Deen SN is worth watching.

Changing the battlefield is a big difference.

Consider if Kojiro didn't fight as a gatekeeper of the temple.

He'd be in a way worse position.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Changing the battlefield is a big difference.

Consider if Kojiro didn't fight as a gatekeeper of the temple.

He'd be in a way worse position.
    Yeah it makes a difference, but unless that Graveyard Raised Invisible Air by two ranks, Godhand still Nopes it.
    Last edited by forumghost; November 14th, 2018 at 08:40 AM.

I liked LE, I just wish it was longer so it could be better fleshed out and if it had an alternating "vanilla" adaptation that loosely covered Extra in a way that'd focus on contextualizing LE and could've led to a sequel in the form of CCC, even if it didn't fit in the timeline the same way it does as we know it.
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    He knows he’s got a “magic can’t be hurt” thing going on and isn’t just facetanking everything with his CON score, I wouldn’t read much more into it than that.
    Also I never noticed but it’s kind of funny that the graveyard fight scene never actually says Saber’s attacks are able to affect Berserker lol
    Even at the end, all we have is Rin’s reaction, then Shirou being like “Oh shit I got distracted flirting with Ron and wasn’t watching, I guess Saber must have hit him or maybe he just tripped???”
    You can definitely see in the scene berserkers EotM triggering. That only occurs when he is actually in danger.

and again, not to open old wounds but BL has a significant history of some enduring and blatantly wrong fanon that develops when people try to over analyze a scene vs just actually reading it.

also on a related note, I forgot to mention before, saber actually does have her golden sword slash in fate classic. Someone was asking about it. She killed kojiro with a move wherein she put power into excallibur and sliced through him with a shining gold Excalibur.

dunno if they ever actually defined it at the time but pretty sure that’s what that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She also slashes through Gilgamesh with a similar attack at the end of Fate.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Using a similar strategy of sucker them off balance then use it to power through their defensive noble phantasm, now that you mention it.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Maybe its fair to say she was winning the fight
    But wouldve lost the battle.
    At least personally I cant see Saber win vs Herk without using full power Excalibur, which would be problematic for her

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Maybe its fair to say she was winning the fight
    But wouldve lost the battle.
    At least personally I cant see Saber win vs Herk without using full power Excalibur, which would be problematic for her
    I can't see her winning against Herk without Excalibur either. It'd also probably be even more one-sided if Herk were Archer instead of Berserker.

sure but I don't see how thats relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    You can definitely see in the scene berserkers EotM triggering. That only occurs when he is actually in danger.

and again, not to open old wounds but BL has a significant history of some enduring and blatantly wrong fanon that develops when people try to over analyze a scene vs just actually reading it.

also on a related note, I forgot to mention before, saber actually does have her golden sword slash in fate classic. Someone was asking about it. She killed kojiro with a move wherein she put power into excallibur and sliced through him with a shining gold Excalibur.

dunno if they ever actually defined it at the time but pretty sure that’s what that was.
    We are all drawing our conclusions from reading the same scene, but I don't think stating Shirou has a bad case of the unreliable narrators is "overanalysing" anything.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    sure but I don't see how thats relevant
    It's not, and why does it need to be? I thought that discussion was closed.

If a battle between servants is a battle between Noble Phantasms, wouldn't that mean a true battle would eventually be Godhand vs Excalibur?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Yes and Excalibur wins

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No, it doesn't.

They had to kaleido up Excalibur to get through a weakened Herk in Prisma in one go.

Blog Entries
    ...anyone else wanna take that one? I feel like if I call out someone for sourcing prisma I’m gonna come off as more crass then I need to be.

I would, but he's proving my point so I can't.

It IS unknown whether Excalibur would kill Herczerker all 12 times in one go though, unless it was mentioned in mats somewhere.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single