Page 195 of 617 FirstFirst ... 95145185190193194195196197200205245295 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 12332

Thread: Unpopular TM opinions you have

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Were who aliens?
    The guys who are literally called so (Types, Alien God, Velber, insert random Cthulhu clone here, etc...)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    How is it even a question when most of those expressly come from Space???

Like, the whole plot in Extella is about Velber's leftovers trying to shut down the signal block the Moon Cell is doing to stop it from finding out Solar System again.

Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    Perhaps the biggest issue (I argued ad nauseum about it in SB.net) is the cosmology. Specifically, the "Texture" thing and how Rhongomyniad pins them to the planet. So nobody ever bothered asking where the "Textures" come from? Where Rhongo itself came from? Were they aliens? Were they not? Was the planet not a hunk of rock before? Could the planet be inhabitable without textures?

Nasu is pretentious garbage in all it's glory right here. I've rationalized it as some sort of Hollow Earth bullcrap that seems to have mostly worked.
    Big hunk of rock -> science and evolution and shit leads to lifeforms -> collective unconsciousness of living beings of nature makes up the basis for a magical prayer -> magical prayer makes planet more suited to its inhabitants

I don't see how that's so out there, to be honest. Besides, it's not like we even know the full extent of Rhon's purpose (why our texture needs to be pinned, does every texture needs to be pinned, who put it there, etc), but what difference does it make whether someone asked about it? When Merlin told Artoria about Rhon, what difference would it have made to her if she went "ok but who put it there, was it aliens??" ?

And yeah, whether "they" were aliens is not even a matter of debate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Big hunk of rock -> science and evolution and shit leads to lifeforms -> collective unconsciousness of living beings of nature makes up the basis for a magical prayer -> magical prayer makes planet more suited to its inhabitants

I don't see how that's so out there, to be honest. Besides, it's not like we even know the full extent of Rhon's purpose (why our texture needs to be pinned, does every texture needs to be pinned, who put it there, etc), but what difference does it make whether someone asked about it? When Merlin told Artoria about Rhon, what difference would it have made to her if she went "ok but who put it there, was it aliens??" ?

And yeah, whether "they" were aliens is not even a matter of debate...
    Well, we are people who want to know the very start of something. There's a good reason Bethesda went out of it's way to make a cosmological timeline for TES instead of just leaving the world as it is.

Also, your progression runs into one peculiarity: that'd mean we lived here before the Texture mumbo-jumbo so to speak. Humanity was doing well pre-texturing. How in the world did it suddenly emerge, especially given the Reverse Side texture should've emerged first?

I just went with a Tales of the Abyss style explanation that the textures are essentially levels of the planet that were raised from the surface since the surface went boom at some point for some reason (said reason might be Velber razing most of it on its first contact with Earth. This serves to explain plenty of stuff: from the origin of Rhongomyniad (forged by Ancients the same way the old Kingdoms of Auldrant built the Sephiroth Trees in order to elevate the Human Side), to the fact that a dragon tried to dig to the Reverse Side of the World (implying it was under the current one) to the existence of the "in-between sea" where the Prague Association has its HQ.

Come to think of it, the Grain of Notes sounds like the Miasma of ToA and so does the idea that the land beneath the layers might be uninhabitable. Hell, if leylines exist in Fate lore, they would probably not be unlike the Planetary Storm in that game!

Blog Entries
    leylines are just leylines

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird that you're off arguing ad nauseum about something as esoteric as the texture of reality when you're not even sure if leylines are a thing in Fate lol where is your foundation

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The reverse side is not a texture in the way you're talking about it. The dragon could dig to the Reverse Side because the age of man wasn't stablished in Britain completely and that's how things worked on the age of gods. The underworld is literally underground, the reverse side is literally the reverse, and so you can just dig there.
    I mean, isn't that the whole reason he failed? The Age of Gods was already over and he was late, he didn't have enough strength to keep going with the new laws in place.

US Friend Code
    The textures are more like planes than actual physical layers, is my understanding.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird that you're off arguing ad nauseum about something as esoteric as the texture of reality when you're not even sure if leylines are a thing in Fate lol where is your foundation
    Leylines are strictly Europeam esoteric magic stuff right? And Asian magic systems have something similar like feng shui for an example?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Leylines are strictly Europeam esoteric magic stuff right? And Asian magic systems have something similar like feng shui for an example?
    Wasn't Tohsaka's house built on the crossing of two leylines?

Also, your progression runs into one peculiarity: that'd mean we lived here before the Texture mumbo-jumbo so to speak. Humanity was doing well pre-texturing. How in the world did it suddenly emerge, especially given the Reverse Side texture should've emerged first?
    What? No.

The first texture wasn't the human one, and I never even said that so no idea where you got this from. "Nature" got a texture first (gods and shit), then only when mankind became the dominant species and ended the AoG did our texture emerge.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The reverse side is not a texture in the way you're talking about it. The dragon could dig to the Reverse Side because the age of man wasn't stablished in Britain completely and that's how things worked on the age of gods. The underworld is literally underground, the reverse side is literally the reverse, and so you can just dig there.
    I mean, isn't that the whole reason he failed? The Age of Gods was already over and he was late, he didn't have enough strength to keep going with the new laws in place.
    No, I get that part. Essentially, rules change and he no longer has the strength to pull that off, so to speak. Then the Age of Men arrives and the "portal" there closes. It's no longer possible to reach there by just digging.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    The textures are more like planes than actual physical layers, is my understanding.
    Like Negima and Mars then: various realms occupy the same space at different frequencies. The good old "another dimension" approach but still acceptable to our science (Brane cosmology essentially).

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Wasn't Tohsaka's house built on the crossing of two leylines?
    She's an international mage so she doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    What? No.

The first texture wasn't the human one, and I never even said that so no idea where you got this from. "Nature" got a texture first (gods and shit), then only when mankind became the dominant species and ended the AoG did our texture emerge.
    I didn't say first texture. I said NO TEXTURES!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Yes Asian has Dragon Stream (竜脈/龍脈). Fundamentally speaking they are similar, and I've seen leyline being used as translations for 霊脈 as well so I would say they are treated as the same thing. Asian's ones originated from Feng Shui:
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra CCC, Tamamo SG 3 matrix
    Originally, the kitsune is a Divine Spirit protecting burial mounds, whose true identity is the Yin dragon of the leylines (Dragon Streams).

In Feng Shui (Chinese geomancy) only the dragon of Yang (positive energy for the living) is mentioned, but in the original Feng Shui the fox is the dragon of Yin (energy for the dead) whose importance is equal or even greater than the dragon of Yang.

The figure of a white fox glowing and dashing under moonlight in a moonlit night, leaving behind an afterimage resembling a long line (leyline) seems to be its origin.
    - - - Updated - - -

I didn't say first texture. I said NO TEXTURES!
    Which is also wrong. After Ea made the planet possible for nation building, gods of various pantheons started building their own textures. And then human came about. You said humans were there pre-texturing, which is false.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't bother much remembering minutia. Leylines was one since the plot was seldom impacted by them. But yeah, I do remember the Grail being atop one. And if they work as intended (huge mana pipes), then they are the Planetary Storm of ToA in person.

I did forget to mention the possibility the layers are dimensional (essentially, same space but different vibration rate means they cannot interact) but this involves bringing up hypothetical physics so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Yes Asian has Dragon Stream (竜脈/龍脈). Fundamentally speaking they are similar, and I've seen leyline being used as translations for 霊脈 as well so I would say they are treated as the same thing. Asian's ones originated from Feng Shui:

- - - Updated - - -

Which is also wrong. After Ea made the planet possible for nation building, gods of various pantheons started building their own textures. And then human came about. You said humans were there pre-texturing, which is false.
    I assert no such thing. I commented on it.

So gods made the Textures then... which begs the question of how mankind made theirs and how the Reverse Side got done (the latter was probably the result of the former superseding it).

The fact that you will answer to this post with a more contrived explanation alone is the reason I got into an argument in the first place. The Nasuverse simply doesn't have a "Year Zero" timeline telling us who, what and how everything got made. The fact that we're supposed to just go "that's how it is" irks me. I hate those explanations and most world building doesn't settle for it. Why should we?

If I could go and ask the guy, I'd specifically ask how the world existed before the Texture thing, what created the gods before mankind, how the Reverse Side and individual mythological textures relate, how Ea and Rhongomyniad came to be, why Rhongo was needed, and what laws applied to an Earth with zero textures since we know aliens can use magic or science beyond the Texture's range.

JP Friend Code
    I did forget to mention the possibility the layers are dimensional (essentially, same space but different vibration rate means they cannot interact) but this involves bringing up hypothetical physics so...
    They can interact so your theory is busted.

They can interact so your theory is busted.
    Even when the nature of said interactions is described as impossible, more often than not it just means they are rare.

I am not ruling interactions out, just writing them off as uncommon.

And you don't break a theory by saying it has a flaw. You need to either have a working model or a better one that works. We can't leave a world building void like that. If yes/no/maybe questions can't be used to answer assertions about Nasu's world building, then it's either lacking, not there or pretentious.

We in real life can often find an explanation to everything we can study, I expect the same of this place.

JP Friend Code
    I assert no such thing. I commented on it.
    Which means you said a nonsense thing.

The fact that you will answer to this post with a more contrived explanation alone is the reason I got into an argument in the first place.
    And what I said explained most of your "problems".

The Nasuverse simply doesn't have a "Year Zero" timeline telling us who, what and how everything got made.
    It is not Nasu's way to lay down all of his stuffs at once. Anyone who paid attention to lore should knew long ago that Nasu slowly reveals more and more stuffs with each newer works. Holmes in FGO basically was Nasu telling the fans to not demand everything to be explained, that is his stance on this matter. You can like or dislike it, but so far all I saw was you trying to talk about things you don't even fully grasp.

If I could go and ask the guy, I'd specifically ask how the world existed before the Texture thing
    This was already answered with Ea lore which I just told you but you said it's contrive and nonsense, like wut? The planet was just a clusterfuck of hot mess back then -> terraforming using Authority of Ea -> shit cools off, stable enough to build shit on -> build textures.

what created the gods before mankind, how the Reverse Side and individual mythological textures relate, how Ea and Rhongomyniad came to be, why Rhongo was needed, and what laws applied to an Earth with zero textures since we know aliens can use magic or science beyond the Texture's range.
    So you're just mad cuz you have no patient with Nasu's way of writing his universe, got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Even when the nature of said interactions is described as impossible, more often than not it just means they are rare.

I am not ruling interactions out, just writing them off as uncommon.

And you don't break a theory by saying it has a flaw. You need to either have a working model or a better one that works. We can't leave a world building void like that. If yes/no/maybe questions can't be used to answer assertions about Nasu's world building, then it's either lacking, not there or pretentious.

We in real life can often find an explanation to everything we can study, I expect the same of this place.
    I'm saying your theory is nonsense in the first place because the textures are, fundamentally speaking, a set of laws (理).

Which means you said a nonsense thing.
    No. Someone else did and I asked a question pertaining to it. I did not hold such a view beyond the question itself.

And what I said explained most of your "problems".
    You have not. I still have questions without answers pertaining to the origin of the current world order within the Nasuverse and why it diverges from our own. I am looking for more beyond the obvious "authorial fiat".

It is not Nasu's way to lay down all of his stuffs at once. Anyone who paid attention to lore should knew long ago that Nasu slowly reveals more and more stuffs with each newer works. Holmes in FGO basically was Nasu telling the fans to not demand everything to be explained, that is his stance on this matter. You can like or dislike it, but so far all I saw was you trying to talk about things you don't even fully grasp.
    I grasp the majority, but I can tell how things are and not how they were, nor why they were so. For one, Rhongomyniad's raison d'etre.

This was already answered with Ea lore which I just told you but you said it's contrive and nonsense, like wut? The planet was just a clusterfuck of hot mess back then -> terraforming using Authority of Ea -> shit cools off, stable enough to build shit on -> build textures.
    Oh but I did not. I mentioned that the pretentious stuff is accepting them as it is. Your timeline ignores three fundamental questions: where did Ea originate, what set of laws existed then in the Textureless World and who built the Textures in the first place? Also, how did mankind build theirs?

So you're just mad cuz you have no patient with Nasu's way of writing his universe, got it.
    I am used to finding a fleshed out universe or one with an official explanation behind most big events, like you know, how the world came to be in the first place and I don't expect to leave with a single question unanswered unless it's a real trifle.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying your theory is nonsense in the first place because the textures are, fundamentally speaking, a set of laws (理).
    Originating where? Due to whom? What of the world before them? What rules governed creation before there was an Earth?

And don't dodge the question. Everyone's an expert at not answering the questionnaire. Not doing so when the author went back to the creation of the world is a sign he/she botched the job.

I am used to finding a fleshed out universe or one with an official explanation behind most big events, like you know, how the world came to be in the first place and I don't expect to leave with a single question unanswered unless it's a real trifle.
    Allow me to introduce you to the legend of the BIONICLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Allow me to introduce you to the legend of the BIONICLE
    Allow me to introduce you to how Percy Jackson and the Olympians is able to assemble themselves coherently by simply asserting all laws are true and have always been true and science is no exception.

Essentially, not taking turns saying "I was here first" fixed whatever issue they had with their cosmology.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They should pay you for this
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.