Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2018 Animu - Indeed, it is so very so; the ride, it never ever ever EVER ends (unfortunately)

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    ^
    argh spoiler please.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    An avalanche just kills a bunch of people and ruins some land. A goblin bangs your typical farm family, has a bunch of gobbo babbies, then heads out to repeat that.
    For better or worse, avalanches generally kill faster than goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    ^
    argh spoiler please.
    no

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Release the Spyce is still a worse Princess Principal, but it's pretty decent, and the ever-looming mystery/threat of who the traitor is offers an extra little intriguing edge to the show that it needs to help stand out.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I think comparing PriPri to Spyce is like comparing GaoGaiGar or MightGaine to Gundam. I happen to enjoy Spyce as it is right now and what it's attempting, which is different from PriPri beyond yuri subtext and spies.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I think comparing PriPri to Spyce is like comparing GaoGaiGar or MightGaine to Gundam. I happen to enjoy Spyce as it is right now and what it's attempting, which is different from PriPri beyond yuri subtext and spies.
    Don't be fucking braindead, my guy. It's more like comparing a Chihuahua to a Boston Terrier. :V
    (if only because Spies + yuri subtext isn't as ubiquitous and massive a genre as mecha is. An even more apt comparison would be "Doom clones" released post-Doom, before the FPS genre was able to fully branch off and become its own, well, genre.)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Don't be fucking braindead, my guy. It's more like comparing a Chihuahua to a Boston Terrier. :V
    (if only because Spies + yuri subtext isn't as ubiquitous and massive a genre as mecha is. An even more apt comparison would be "Doom clones" released post-Doom, before the FPS genre was able to fully branch off and become its own, well, genre.)
    Point is spies + yuri subtext is not enough to be dismissive of it just because it doesn't go for the drama PriPri does. And saying it's a clone is wrong. There was a lot of political and grounded motivation to the spy factions in PriPri and their plans. Tsukikage, meanwhile are like superheroes fighting for justice against a clearly evil Moryo who have some diabolical masterplan that obviously will be more villanous (and ridiculous) than the political stuff from PriPri
    In PriPri they only had one gadget (well 2, if you count Beato's voice changer). Here they're going full James Bond with the gadgets.
    Maybe it's you the one being "brain dead" with the comparison or saying it's just "a worse PriPri" like it's trying to do exactly what PriPri tried, but is doing it worse. When it's going for different things despite "cute spy girls and yuri subtext"
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Remember kids, the only thing worse than the wanton slaughter of innocents is having big boobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Release the Spyce is still a worse Princess Principal, but it's pretty decent, and the ever-looming mystery/threat of who the traitor is offers an extra little intriguing edge to the show that it needs to help stand out.
    Really? Right as the opening sequence started playing to Mission Impossible knock-off bgm it was pretty apparent that Spyce is going to be Precure but with spies.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Really? Right as the opening sequence started playing to Mission Impossible knock-off bgm it was pretty apparent that Spyce is going to be Precure but with spies.
    The YuYuYu/Akame ga Kill dude is involved, so I, for some reason, remain hopeful that things eventually become an enjoyable trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Now, this is a good comparison. Moryo even have various henchwomen working under the leader, like the various Precure villain organizations.

- - - Updated - - -

The YuYuYu/Akame ga Kill dude is involved, so I, for some reason, remain hopeful that things eventually become an enjoyable trainwreck.
    Edgy/dark stuff is not all that he writes. Don't forget Majikoi.. Could always take a dark turn. But it's enjoyable right now in it's light hearted good vs evil ways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Remember kids, the only thing worse than the wanton slaughter of innocents is having big boobs.
    Holy shit. I thought I was the only fool here watching that shitty Ulysses Jeanne D'Arc show this season.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The new Jeanne show is so bad. I'll definitely keep up with it.

Honda-san is still good.

also rip my old raw provider

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say it's more like comparing Jojo to Big Order. One has a set aesthetic, unique art style and soundtrack, where the other takes the same basic idea and waters it down into a high school setting with no noticeable flourishes. I'm not saying Spyce is as bad as Big Order, because that is a fucking low bar to get under, but it removes all the style from the original and sets it in a plain ordinary setting.

It's more like comparing a Chihuahua to a Boston Terrier. :V
    I don't even know which of these are good and which are bad.

In Gridman, was that just Nasu's OC from Red Dragon, just a few years down the line?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I'd say it's more like comparing Jojo to Big Order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I don't even know which of these are good and which are bad
    In theory, neither is better than the other, it's just down to preference.

And that's why there's nothing wrong with liking "Jojo" more than "Big Order."

-snip-"
    You went absolutely off the rails on the reading comprehension there, given that the context of my post that responded to your post that was responding to my original post you're getting salty about was about involved me taking issue with you saying that I shouldn't compare or have a preference between these two shows that happen to be in the same incredibly niche genre of (let's call it "spy girls") because they do things differently, which is an absolutely nutty stance to take and just comes off as being needlessly and, seemingly, belligerently nitpicky. You misinterpreted the point of my original post, latched onto elements that you imagined and then perceived to be negative and directed at Spyce, and then used a bullshit and non-sequtorial comparison to muddle the intent of my original post even further.

Edgy/dark stuff is not all that he writes. Don't forget Majikoi.. Could always take a dark turn. But it's enjoyable right now in it's light hearted good vs evil ways
    There's that reading comprehension thing again, though I can see why one would conflate "trainwreck" with edginess. Nah, what I meant by "trainwreck" is that I sure hope that Spyce amps up the goofiness even moreso and throws in a few zany developments, possibly involving the foreshadowed traitor that's been mentioned these past couple of episodes, and if it ends up that the the show can't be actually good, then that it should live and die by how dank it makes its memeable content so that I can at least by entertained by doofy anime shenanigans.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; October 15th, 2018 at 12:08 AM.

Still waiting on a DR2 anime for us to finally reach the Spy Kids genre.

At any rate, GioGio ep 2:

Spoiler:
    On-point directing, solid animation still, good God what the fuck is up with that ED?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toa of Gallifrey View Post
    Spoiler:
    On-point directing, solid animation still, good God what the fuck is up with that ED?
    I think I'm the only one here who likes the ending, LOL.

Nah, I like it. It's pretty funny.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'll agree that it's pretty low-effort in comparison to the previous ones, but it's a pleasant way to wind down after an episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Nah, I like it. It's pretty funny.
    I don't particularly recall there being any sexual tension that'd merit the inclusion of the song, but maybe that's just because my gaydar wasn't turned up high enough to notice. :thonking-face-meme:

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I heard all ED were Araki's choice, songs that he had listen.