Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2018 Animu - Indeed, it is so very so; the ride, it never ever ever EVER ends (unfortunately)

oh its slime, not goblin slayer

yeah discard what I said

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    bookstore employee Honda was fun.

he'll be Ainz of the season.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Don't think I didn't notice that Evangelion reference or that Evangelion-styled direction, Gridman.

(Don't think I don't like them, either )
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

What drugs were taken to make Zombieland Saga?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Don't think I didn't notice that Evangelion reference or that Evangelion-styled direction, Gridman.

(Don't think I don't like them, either )
    Gridman's running style? it did look like Eva but overall actions are based from tokusatsu so don't expect some high speed battle like Trigger do usually.

Gridman voiced by Midorikawa was good surprise.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    First episode of Sao alicization impressions:

As someone who neither likes nor hates Sao, the first episode was pretty good. The scenes with the three kids were great and the ggo fight was fun to watch. After that was one I started having more problems than 'WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING???'

- I know he was sleepy but Kirito not saying a word in the ggo world bugged me.
    - the cafe scene was boring, though I appreciate the information.
    - I don't really care about KiriAsu, so I was more concerned with the guy who was following them and the fact that Kirito didn't tell her the truth or went to a somewhere safe than what they were saying to eachother.
    - the last scene felt a bit too melodramatic even with the severity of the situation. The assailant's ham, the very dramatic shot composition and music just made me feel like laughing rather than worried.

Animation was good despite some wonky eyes and heads here and there, and while I don't pay attention to OST, op was top notch. What a surprise, guess I'll get in on 'the year of sao' after alll

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Gridman's running style? it did look like Eva but overall actions are based from tokusatsu so don't expect some high speed battle like Trigger do usually.

The funny thing here with comparing Gridman's movements to an EVA unit is that EVA units were inspired by Ultraman. Gridman (the original tokusatsu show) was basically an Ultraman spinoff
    So, now we ask, is SSSS Gridman indeed referencing Eva in it's movements, or is it referencing the original Gridman, an spinoff of the franchise that served as one of Anno's inspirations for Eva? I definitely felt a lot of the choreography was insipired by the original Gridman, having just recently (like a week or 2 ago) finished watching all 39 episodes of the show.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post

As someone who neither likes nor hates Sao, the first episode was pretty good. The scenes with the three kids were great and the ggo fight was fun to watch. After that was one I started having more problems than 'WHY AREN'T YOU RUNNING???'

- I don't really care about KiriAsu, so I was more concerned with the guy who was following them and the fact that Kirito didn't tell her the truth or went to a somewhere safe than what they were saying to eachother.
    - the last scene felt a bit too melodramatic even with the severity of the situation. The assailant's ham, the very dramatic shot composition and music just made me feel like laughing rather than worried.

Animation was good despite some wonky eyes and heads here and there, and while I don't pay attention to OST, op was top notch. What a surprise, guess I'll get in on 'the year of sao' after alll
    Don't worry, it was just as stupid,sudden and melodramatic in the LN too, and it was a stinger to Mother's Rosario to boot.
    Alicisation seems to be a pretty polarising arc, the people who liked it loved it and the people who didn't hate it sith a burning passion. Personally I found it utterly boring and that's where I ended up dropping SAO in general, but maybe I'll watch the anime just for the over the top animation. Though there shouldn't be a halfway decent fight for at least two or three episodes unless they change something.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Don't worry, it was just as stupid,sudden and melodramatic in the LN too, and it was a stinger to Mother's Rosario to boot.
    That's kind of annoying, but I guess I can live with as long as it's kept to a minimum. I felt more tense about the little girl tripping than the poison syringe honestly.
    Alicisation seems to be a pretty polarising arc, the people who liked it loved it and the people who didn't hate it sith a burning passion.
    That sounds like the community's reaction to Sao in a nutshell. I read up some spoilers prior and there are one or two things that hindered my enjoyment but I'm hoping it won't be too bad

Personally I found it utterly boring and that's where I ended up dropping SAO in general, but maybe I'll watch the anime just for the over the top animation. Though there shouldn't be a halfway decent fight for at least two or three episodes unless they change something.
    I'm used to slow shows as long as there's a bit of visual flair. As long as there's not another 'cafe scene with different angle shots every once in a while' I think I'll be fine.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

Aside from the episode's pacing and direction certainly being evocative of the Evangelion anime's, definitely the purple and green color highlights that Gridman took on when he got powered up. That's definitely gotta be a Unit-01 reference since that's Unit-01's color scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post

My thoughts are that as long as Alicization spends most of its time in the Underworld and away from IRL and other games (and Kirito and Asuna being brick walls together) then I'll be able to actually enjoy Alicization.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; October 8th, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Don't worry, there's not gonna be any Asuna or any real world in general for a while.
    That might have something to do with why people disliked it, come to think of it. We'll be getting a Nero clone in exchange though, so it's fair.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 8th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry, there's not gonna be any Asuna or any real woeld in general for a while.
    That might have something to do with why people disliked it, come to think of it.
    Sign me up.

We'll be getting a Nero clone in exchange though, so it's fair.
    Sign me the fuck up.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    >nero clone

I recall nothing of the sort. And don't say it's Alice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post
    Goblin Slayer's author explicitly based it on DnD.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of D&D references.
    You'd think the die rolling at the end would have made it obvious enough.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the first episode, felt like your typical level 1 bad end campaign/one shot.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Aside from the episode's pacing and direction certainly being evocative of the Evangelion anime's, definitely the purple and green color highlights that Gridman took on when he got powered up. That's definitely gotta be a Unit-01 reference since that's Unit-01's color scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

My thoughts are that as long as Alicization spends most of its time in the Underworld and away from IRL and other games (and Kirito and Asuna being brick walls together) then I'll be able to actually enjoy Alicization.
    Yeah I can relate to you on that part. I dunno why, Kirito in the underworld felt like a vibrant playful kid. Outside he felt...super dull for some reason. Like he was just going through the motions of a script, if that makes sense.

Or maybe I just like Shotas, I dunno, literally no teenager in this show is my type, at least I can feel like hugging him in that form.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, there's not gonna be any Asuna or any real world in general for a while.
    That might have something to do with why people disliked it, come to think of it. We'll be getting a Nero clone in exchange though, so it's fair.
    Nero clone? Who? The only person who gives off a fate vibe is Alice, and she's more like saber

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The real No.1 reason to watch Goblin Slayer is happening next. Where all the literal character clones designated as RPG classes should begin filing in.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Yes, let's leave the ominously powerful and seductive sword voiced by Aoi Yuuki barely hidden in a pile of hay. Definitely nothing can come of it.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I watched a bunch of stuff tonight, trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Highschool Juliet: Was actually fun even with the cringe of people actually calling the Montegues Black Doggies. All it needs is for best bro Mercutio to appear.
    Colours of the Future: Strange, but not as dull a first episode as Glasslip so I'll keep up on it. MC seems like the endearing kind of stupid, and the show is gorgeous.
    Girl In Twilight: This looks like some Sliders stuff here. I'll give it a few episodes to see if there's a plot worth speaking of.
    Spyce: I liked it better when it was Princess Principal. It had more style. Also was that one girl on a motorized unicyle?
    Run with the Wind: I don't mind sports shows about obscure ones, but this seems a bit much. Convincing a chainsmoker and an otaku to run a marathon is a bit farfetched.
    Bloom into You: This seems like a more restrained Citrus. But I liked how stupid and over the top that show was.
    Lolicon maid: I'm torn. The maid is really cute, but it's also steers so hard into loli that its unsettling. It's like someone say the Koko/Valmet relationship of Jormungand and decided to roll it back ten years.
    Radient: Really Generic. Guessing the MC is also related to the demon king or something.
    Goblin Slayer: Well made, but not compelling. The characters have almost no personality and there's no real plot. And if you're going to have an overleveled character stomping mobs, they need to be interesting.
    Gridman: Did anyone else notice the choppy cuts in that first argument when red hears things and blue thinks he's crazy? Like every line ended a half second to soon?
    Sumo: There's two kinds of high school sports anime, first are the ones where the MC is a noob who starts from nothing, like Ippo and Haikyuu. Second are the ones where the MC is a notorious superstar at a low tier school who has to build the team himself, like Kuroko and this one. I can never get invested in the later because it never seems like the characters grow or improve. They're already at the top of their game so any drama in the show needs to be carried by the less experienced players.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow, NTR right from episode 1 in French Harem With Huge Tits (But Not Jeanne)
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Goblin Slayer: Well made, but not compelling. The characters have almost no personality and there's no real plot. And if you're going to have an overleveled character stomping mobs, they need to be interesting.
    Wouldn't have minded if they had made that first bit an abbreviated bard tale from the bard that pops up every now and again, possibly getting us an intro on Elf girl.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.