Thread: Typemoon Works Timeline

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Wait. When did Kayneth hire Touko?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Wait. When did Kayneth hire Touko?
    Quote Originally Posted by vol3
    Although Kayneth had sustained great physical injuries that made it almost impossible to re-establish his glory, he had more or less retained the use of his hands through the contacts of the El-Melloi clan, exchanging an astonishing sum of money in gratitude to make a deal with a doll-maker residing in Japan, and through great difficulty had obtained the ability to move freely within the parameters of the wheelchair's mobility. His left little finger, covered in a thick layer of plaster, had also regained its sense of pain.
    confirmed in case files vol 2
    "Pleasure to meet you. My name is Reines El-Melloi Archisorte," I greeted her, suppressing the shaking that had overcome me.

In response, she gave a faint smile. "I've heard of you. I did some work for the previous head of the El-Melloi family, after all."

"Previous? Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald?"

"Yes." Opting out of giving any more detailed information, she put a finger to her lips.

Come to think of it, that made me wonder just how old she was. From her outward appearanced she looked like no more than her mid twenties, but considering the time that had passed since her sealing designation, that couldn't have been right. Of course, trying to guess a magus' age from their appearance was a losing battle to start with, and in the criteria for qualifying for Grand or a sealing designation, time was a far off problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's exaggerating my point.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, You! This is a great argument why not to pay any attention to timelines in Typemoon works.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like how sealing designations are consistently described as the highest honor one can aspire to.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I like how sealing designations are consistently described as the highest honor one can aspire to.
    I mean it's a very prestigious award in that it acknowledges you as being so special and amazing that nobody else alive could repeat your feat.

It's just that Magi are dicks and lock all the prize winners in a basement and run experiments on them.

confirmed in case files vol 2
    Oh, didn't realize Kayneth was completely paralyzed and had to pay extreme gobs of money to Touko just to get his hands moving. That's what anime-only does though. My fault. Must read the LNs. However, I will always consider the anime version of Rin's Excellent Adventure canon in my heart.

Blog Entries
    It's funny that she was around to work on both Kayneth and Shirou, but she never had a more direct hand in the Fuyuki shenanigans. Maybe Nasu was afraid a too-familiar face would dominate the narrative and suck focus from the new cast. Even Zelretch is limited to the HF epilogue.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    It's funny that she was around to work on both Kayneth and Shirou, but she never had a more direct hand in the Fuyuki shenanigans. Maybe Nasu was afraid a too-familiar face would dominate the narrative and suck focus from the new cast. Even Zelretch is limited to the HF epilogue.
    Probably, though maybe Zelrecht should have been slightly more involved, since he is a pretty big part of the backstory of the Grail Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    She wasn't around to work on Shirou. They got an after-market model.
    So did she just leave the puppet and they just scrounged it, or did she actually drop it off for them?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So did she just leave the puppet and they just scrounged it, or did she actually drop it off for them?
    …Well, we experimented with a lot of things in the first half a year.
    It's not like he'd grow if we watered him, and we weren't equipped to make a homunculus.
    So we ended up selling the books at the Matou house and obtaining a body left by a famous puppet maker, leaving us where we are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, didn't realize Kayneth was completely paralyzed and had to pay extreme gobs of money to Touko just to get his hands moving. That's what anime-only does though. My fault. Must read the LNs. However, I will always consider the anime version of Rin's Excellent Adventure canon in my heart.
    Kayneth
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon View Post
    On You's tombstone it will read
    That's exaggerating my point.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Yeah, they would never want a familiar face to get focused on too much.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.