Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 394447484950515459 ... LastLast

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    You are implying TM is somehow superior to Marvel's Multiverse, the result of nearly 50 years of world building that moves far more than pretty much half the Japanese fiction industry!
    hahaha yeah lol
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The ability to fit everything into a neat box called "categories". Like Akasha in Nasu has a parallel with other works of fiction like Bleach, Marvel, Tolkien, Narnia, Discworld and the like. It has to have stuff that could be compared. This is real life and not the Nasuverse, discuss this franchise like you would if you were a comic book critic and stop acting like it truly is some kind of religious bullshit!
    Have you read KnK?
    Have you read all the relevant Marvel comics?
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    The problem isnt that you're trying to compare the Root to another setting's stuff. The problem is that your comparison is flawed because the Root and White Hot Room are nothing alike.

JP Friend Code
    i used to think my parents were just being unreasonable when they said that too much comic books and television would rot your brains but now after seeing how marvel fandom acts i’m starting to think maybe they had some points......

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    discuss this franchise like you would if you were a comic book critic
    But why must we do this

Blog Entries
    The root is the singularity before the Big Bang, Void Shiki is Galactus, true magic is the power cosmic

discuss

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Impossible, Void-Neesan has never jobbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    let me try to explain this in as fluent a dialect of fucking stupid as I can muster

the virgin Marvel "multiverse" the CHAD Asian Buddhism Cinematic Universe
    50 years of worldbuilding in picture books for children, implicit arm of american government propaganda, makes money in periodic orgies of base consumerism effected over a pliant, cow-like public 2500 years of worldbuilding by enlightened monks who grasp the emptiness, pure luminosity, and unconditioned compassion of the eternally radiant dharma-body of the buddha, wellspring of millennia of artistic, poetic, literary tradition, wars have been fought over it

now there are things in the marvel "multiverse" to which TM's " " can compare in a superficial, unexamined way. but there are, on the other hand, things in the Asian Buddhism Cinematic Universe (r) to which it can compare in a much more interesting and productive way. what should one conclude from this?
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I love Buddhism 3,000,000,000 <3 <3 <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Impossible, Void-Neesan has never jobbed.
    In case you needed any more proof that ryougi is only ciel level or so and not one of the stronger characters in the nasu verse, here it is right here. She doesn’t job
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I'm going into a meta conversation. Like, what the place is if we start drawing fiction work comparisons.

To be honest, that kind of works. For the record, I'm not going by the in universe it's just "insert empty space, but even by typing this, I'm no longer referring to it".

The ability to fit everything into a neat box called "categories". Like Akasha in Nasu has a parallel with other works of fiction like Bleach, Marvel, Tolkien, Narnia, Discworld and the like. It has to have stuff that could be compared. This is real life and not the Nasuverse, discuss this franchise like you would if you were a comic book critic and stop acting like it truly is some kind of religious bullshit!

I really am thinking of a way to psyche the Marvel circlejerk against you guys simply because you act rudely whenever someone asks you a straight question, but I'm not a sicko.

Like, what more could you want? The WHR and Akasha have literally the same function. The only difference is that you can actually name the room in universe without it suddenly referring to something else because Chris Claremont didn't feel like going for pseudo-bullshit.

Phoenix Force:

1. "I do that."
    2. "I can do that."
    3. "I can also do that!"

Pity I don't leave in the Nasuverse and we in real life have this thing called logic that let us rationalize everything with no exceptions, even if we can't explain exactly how it works.

You're speaking of a work of fiction that you want to treat like a real world philosophy. Seriously? Treat The Root like the comic book construct it is!

You are implying TM is somehow superior to Marvel's Multiverse, the result of nearly 50 years of world building that moves far more than pretty much half the Japanese fiction industry!

Yes it is, unfortunately I've exceeded my quota of "dropped convos".

Let's treat fiction like fiction. Whether there are actual real world issues weaved into the setting is a story for another day, but nothing changes the fact destroying Akasha is as easy as Nasu saying "then ASBs appeared and devoured the Root and I'm rebooting TM. The End."

Yet people want to insist it genuinely is some ineffable entity that we cannot compare. I'm not asking for in-universe comparisons. I'm asking for "if it looks like a spade, feels like a spade and acts like a spade, therefore it must be a spade" comparison regarding the role of X in one universe compared to the role of Z in another.

The White Hot Room and Akasha operate on the same principles, with the added caveat of Akasha's ominous "mysteriosity".
    Ok, the meta answer is literally "we do not know enough about it (see aforementioned ineffability) to positively compare its function and or its form to any other fictional entity/location/state of mind". You can go ahead and call it Fiddler's Green if you want. L i t e r a l l y nobody can gainsay you, unless you're somehow trying to uphold that your interpretation is more valid than everyone else's.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 18th, 2019 at 11:14 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

I hope you enjoy your hill

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Too flat, not enough swords, 1/10 would not die on
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

not your hill fishrin

JP Friend Code
    Phoenix Force
    It's funny how you completely missed the one entity in Marvel that is the closest comparison to " ": the One-Above-All, creator of the multiverse (which in turn is just a Christian God rip off). " " is the cosmic phenomenon staying above and beyond everything ontop of the fucking multiverse. One-Above-All is pretty much a manifestation of " " in a form one can grasp. The PForce and the WHR are not at the top of the multiverse and all realities, One-Above-All is. " " functions just like that, without being an actual sentient entity. Heck this being switches between male and female states, just like Shiki Ryougi represents the Yin and Yang duality coming from " ".
    You're speaking of a work of fiction that you want to treat like a real world philosophy. Seriously? Treat The Root like the comic book construct it is!
    And when did I not treat it like a fictional construct? But as long as it's based on real world philosophy and religious references, real world reference sources are worth more than anything Marvel could cook up and I prefer to use that. This applies to your Marvel comics as well, if you tell me to find references to its cosmology, I would not use another fictional universe i.e DC, but something IRL like the Bible, Norse mythology, Asian Esoteric Magic and so on. You have your preferences, I have mine. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't find fictional equivalence, that's why I literally just gave you the most apt equivalence above, straight from Marvel!
    Yes. Marvel has quantity but not quality, and 90% of the shits they published (and publishing) are mid, low or straight up trash tier, riddled with retcons, reboots, cancellation due to bad reps and horrible writing...etc. Their golden days are far gone. Heck right now the Marvel comics are losing to DCs due to its wokeness that is starting to spread to the MCU starting with Captain Marvel, and it is disgusting. The amount of gems you find in their 50 years of history aren't even enough for a 10 roll summons in FGO.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; July 19th, 2019 at 08:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    " " is more of a metaphysical state than a place, really

It’s like the universe before it was the universe but since it’s beyond time it still exists even after it became the universe
    That’s as simple as I can conceptualize it without adding any philosophy or mysticism

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    " " is more of a metaphysical state than a place, really

It’s like the universe before it was the universe but since it’s beyond time it still exists even after it became the universe
    That’s as simple as I can conceptualize it without adding any philosophy or mysticism
    see 0:12 to 0:47
    Last edited by aldeayeah; July 19th, 2019 at 06:13 AM.
    don't quote me on this

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    let me try to explain this in as fluent a dialect of fucking stupid as I can muster

the virgin Marvel "multiverse" the CHAD Asian Buddhism Cinematic Universe
    50 years of worldbuilding in picture books for children, implicit arm of american government propaganda, makes money in periodic orgies of base consumerism effected over a pliant, cow-like public 2500 years of worldbuilding by enlightened monks who grasp the emptiness, pure luminosity, and unconditioned compassion of the eternally radiant dharma-body of the buddha, wellspring of millennia of artistic, poetic, literary tradition, wars have been fought over it

now there are things in the marvel "multiverse" to which TM's " " can compare in a superficial, unexamined way. but there are, on the other hand, things in the Asian Buddhism Cinematic Universe (r) to which it can compare in a much more interesting and productive way. what should one conclude from this?
    The notion that Nasuverse stuff is more comparable to ancient religion than to contemporary popular fiction is super pretentious.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    too bad lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I mean what kind of moron would look at all the Buddhist esoterica flying everywhere like paintballs and conclude that the verse has anything to do with Buddhism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.